Finals Smogon Premier League VI - Finals [Won by the Congregation of the Classiest]

Status
Not open for further replies.

leremyju

Banned deucer.

[#2] Alpha Ruiners (6) vs [#4] Congregation of the Classiest (6)

ORAS OU: PDC vs CTC
ORAS OU: Tokyo Tom vs ben gay
ORAS Ubers: steelphoenix vs Jibaku
ORAS UU: reachzero vs Hikari
ORAS RU: Meru vs Bad Ass
ORAS NU: Teddeh vs FLCL
ORAS Doubles: finally vs Braverius
BW OU: SoulWind vs papai noel
DPP OU: august vs Asuya
ADV OU: dekzeh vs Triangles
GSC OU: Tiba vs Mr.E
RBY OU: Hantsuki vs KratosMana

Last edited:

had a fun time hanging out with bigs. i kind of sneaked my way in, then everyone agreed to get me during midseason just for fun and not for any small usefulness i had, so thanks for having me along for the ride. i really enjoyed the atmosphere throughout the majority of the season and how we all held everything together each week, which shows by how consistent the team was. despite a great experience, i feel really disappointed because everyone contributed something special that added to the success to this team, but we all just fell short during semi-finals which obviously blows

Funkasaurus and Harsha have been my friends for quite a while before the season, and even though both of them feel they haven't been doing as much as they would like, i'm glad that they fielded this great team, kept us all going each week, and were mostly around to keep everything positive. McMeghan's literally the mvp and also helped manage everything and ensured that every starting player was in good form at the very least. and of course, Ginku once again shows that he can just come out of fucking nowhere and tear up spl each and every year he bothers with it

pretty much half the team consisted of people i haven't actually ever interacted with before, so it was great being able to talk with a lot of you regularly. i'm particularly glad that i was able to meet fuckboy Sam, copain Evuelf, and fidanzato During Summer because you three ended up being great friends of mine.
also had fun being on a team with Sinclair and royal flush after hanging around with your respective teams over past spl seasons. Jirachee and BLINGAS were also some of my friends prior to this season for a while, so it was fun being on the team with you two and having your presence around even more

MetalGro$$, Destiny Device, TheEnder, Laga, boudouche, Hill, and atomicllamas did absolutely great in the respective tiers they played and pretty much helped seal the team's fate to go into playoffs. i wish i was more active when you guys were around to help out or just talk, so sorry for that.
props to almost-mvp fuckboy Finchinator and Vileman for being really good team players and helping me keep an ounce of interest in nu. glad i was able to try and help you guys out, although i'm disappointed that we actually failed to get a single win in nu after midseason despite putting together some cool squads. i'm honestly sorry that i didn't put in as much work into helping with preparation as i could have done, and me being rusty and unmotivated isn't a valid excuse for that. i did something, but i could have done more. thanks to ZoroDark for being my loser, even though i still call him the best anyway

p.s. Windsong rules even though he disappeared!! also i lied about Harsha doing anything useful LOL,,, u rule tho so it's ok

special thanks to BKC for offering tons of help to the team (and me) and being a great friend, and CrashinBoomBang and Edgar
of course rule as usual haha no surprise. shoutouts to Jibaku because i love Jibaku but at the same time fuck Jibaku D: shoutouts to scooters and tigers who had me around to experience their runs with them throughout the entire season. i was able to meet awesome people like Henry, liberty32, Isa, FAJI, The DragonKnight, and my best bud Fireburn while also having a great time talking with people i was already friends or acquainted with like bro fist, xray, IronBullet93, BODYBAG BONGRINE (lol.), Soulgazer, Floppy, Biosci, and tennisace

dadoux :D

thanks to my team and friends for the experience this spl. looking forward to seeing the finals unfold. i'm not really pushing for one team to win over the other because there's some friends or people i like, and then other people not so much, but it should be decent

Last edited:
[#2] Alpha Ruiners (11) vs [#4] Congregation of the Classiest (1)

[#2] Alpha Ruiners (11) vs [#4] Congregation of the Classiest (1)

Bro I helped you win your SPL trophy and you don't have the decency of predicting me to win.

PDC vs CTC
Tokyo Tom vs Ben gay
steelphoenix vs Jibaku
reachzero
vs Hikari
Meru vs Bad Ass
Teddeh vs FLCL
finally vs Braverius
Soulwind
vs papai noel
august vs Asuya
dekzeh vs Triangles
Tiba vs Mr.E
Hantsuki vs KratosMana

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
[#2] Alpha Ruiners (7) vs [#4] Congregation of the Classiest (5)

Royal Flush

in brazil rain
is a Past WCoP Champion
Well this could be a salty post, Scofield-style (I miss your rants, man), and actually it is. Kinda. I mean let’s be real, nobody is happy losing at playoffs, no matter what happened: be it shitass luck, be it misplays, be it matchup (come on it's my 4th time at playoffs and not a single trophy, gimme a break).

And especially because me, a rusty old geezer, realized that I was playing with such inspiring people like the Bigs. And made me realize as well that somehow, at some point of these 12 years playing this weird competitive spectrum of a casual nintendo game, I definitely lost the boner for pokemon. I think passion is a good word for it, if you want a bit of eloquence.

I believe I had it for a long time, back when I was playing with my old niggas (Hantsuki/tama/kael, the ones still alive) for hours and hours and actually trying hard to get better. You know, that feeling when you were inspired by some great player of their time (who didn’t get an erection watching guys like VIL or g80 playing, huh?) and pretending that one day you would get at their level. Or when every new gen starts to rise, and with it, a freaking whole new universe of possibilities. So much hype, frends. And that hype died for me one day. But I can’t remember exactly when.

And there’s the thing: experience matters a lot in pokemon, but I tend to believe that passion matters more. And this is the fun shit of SPL: a lot of times you might see teams without a lot of hyped players or respected names, but you might have a team sharing this huge willpower, this immeasurable passion to improve at this shitty game and they actually ended up making an incredible season! And after all, this game is indeed shitty, mind you. What makes it so fun that people like me keep playing it for so long is most likely these relationships we built, and tournaments like these are so interesting in a lot of ways: you get to know people that play tiers and gens you never touched before, you might end up playing something completely new for you, you get to know people you most likely would never have other opportunities to speak and chill out for these few months.

All in all, this nonsense rant was just to say my heartfelt thanks to the Bigs for showing me such huge passion: with or without the red pixels trophy, you are all the real champions to me.

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
[#2] Alpha Ruiners (5) vs [#4] Congregation of the Classiest (7)

Good to see people can count :p

[#2] Alpha Ruiners (5) vs [#4] Congregation of the Classiest (7)

TheEnder

a petal in the wind
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
RBY OU: Hantsuki vs KratosMana | lol unbeatable

gl both teams, shoutouts soon n_n

MoxieInfinite

Banned deucer.
[#2] Alpha Ruiners (6)vs [#4] Congregation of the Classiest (6)

So many great players here though, I think the Ubers, RU and ADV game can go both ways.

Blingas will you ever shut the fuck up? LOL. Truly an honor to be called out by the least relevant player in the tour. Calling people cocky? I dunno how someone with a rep like yours DARES to call people out. Cocky, bad, insufferable and a cancer to Smogon. Go back under your rock worm.

Anyways, predicts:

Last edited:
ORAS OU: PDC vs CTC - I've been impressed by PDC this SPL. feel like he really has improved. however i really enjoyed last week as i didn't have to scroll past an obnoxious, cringey victory post by the man himself with whatever wu-tang gif/youtube link. so yeah, gonna root for CTC here. i wouldn't use forum likes as a measure of how likable someone is tho bro... there are at least five users in that list that I cannot stand (including haunter) (who only gets likes cause he always demands to post the 'x has been banned' posts...) (that's what eo says anyway) (and usually nice guys aren't clamoring for forum likes)

ORAS OU: Tokyo Tom vs ben gay - ben gay uses cool stuff and plays cool. drake is cool but don't overdo it bro

ORAS Ubers: steelphoenix vs Jibaku - jibaku's team last round was not filled with enough overpowered stuff. its all about the BSTs and his were too low. bring back the mega mence and primal kyogre. the skarmory to win.

ORAS UU: reachzero vs Hikari - reachzero, my tangrowth was gonna sweep u when the server cut out in my first ever SPL game. u dirty dog taking the win. i'll never live that down. still remember ur response when we both knew that the game was still 100% open and i said if u really thought the game was over, then u could take the win. "of course i shall". i'm not sure why i said that though. i think i said it sarcastically or something and when u copied my line into ur forum post, you missed the two lines above it.

ORAS RU: Meru vs Bad Ass - bad ass is a boy. meru is a weird one. expert troller back in the days but now he's nice to everyone. bad ass to win

ORAS NU: Teddeh vs FLCL - teddeh. teddeh. was teddy taken or something

ORAS Doubles: finally vs Braverius - probably the best doubles player, at least in terms of making moves that I don't see coming. not sure how good finally is

BW OU: SoulWind vs papai noel - soulwind my favourite lil snorlax. you're another who really took it up a notch this SPL. maybe u respond differently to different management techniques & respond better to the positive reinforcement which I assume u get from ciele/silentverse

DPP OU: august vs Asuya - lol... a risky maneuver. the infamous ladder cheater himself up against the fearsome johnxkid. routine victory I think. i remember august posting a scathing rate of asuya's DPP RMT when he 'peaked 1' but I can't find it. it's a good read

ADV OU: dekzeh vs Triangles - cool boys. I like both of them but I think dekzeh has a definitive edge heading in to this 1

GSC OU: Tiba vs Mr.E - Sex.

RBY OU: Hantsuki vs KratosMana - idk about rby... or who is good at it either. could go either way.

both teams have annoying guys and it really is hard to select a team managed by shakeitup and brikien93, however both teams also have a lot of cool guys who i do want to win. maybe I'm out of it but these two teams would not have made my predicted semis, so nice work proving me wrong. still feel there are a few weaknesses but we'll see what happens.

also just wanna say that mcmeghan and tesung both impressed me this SPL. mcmeghan not unsettled by his pricetag and only lost once? and was not afraid to use creative stuff. tesung played pretty neat and is like ben gay. very good xyer and taking a lot of stick for no good reason....

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
yo shut the fuck up that's my nigga BLINGAS right there

ggs bigs hope you get over the bitching stage soon and realize we had a pretty decent series aside from ubers and bw :'(

go team I fucking love all of you except shake go carry me to my second spl trophy :]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)