Resource RU Viability Ranking: ORAS Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
for B

I honestly am baffled beyond belief to see this in C+. It' super good and one of the few mega glalie switch ins. It not only has access to rocks and the ability to beat every hazard remover not called shiftry lee or hitmontop 1 on 1. Ice/Ground is simply put it one of the best offensive type combos in the game and doesn't have many resists in the tier(bronzong is the only relevant one i can think of). Not only that when you factor in eviolite piloswine has 100/130/99 bulk which is great for an offensive poke. It also can check heliolisk really which is becoming more relevant as of now because it lives focus blast:252 SpA Life Orb Heliolisk Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Piloswine: 205-242 (50.7 - 59.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and it ohkos back with earthquake. It can even beat non curselix 1 v 1:
4 Atk Mega Steelix Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Eviolite Piloswine: 168-200 (41.5 - 49.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO and piloswine is faster and 3hkos in return.

for B

I honestly am baffled beyond belief to see this in C+. It' super good and one of the few mega glalie switch ins. It not only has access to rocks and the ability to beat every hazard remover not called shiftry lee or hitmontop 1 on 1. Ice/Ground is simply put it one of the best offensive type combos in the game and doesn't have many resists in the tier(bronzong is the only relevant one i can think of). Not only that when you factor in eviolite piloswine has 100/130/99 bulk which is great for an offensive poke. It also can check heliolisk really which is becoming more relevant as of now because it lives focus blast:252 SpA Life Orb Heliolisk Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Piloswine: 205-242 (50.7 - 59.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and it ohkos back with earthquake. It can even beat non curselix 1 v 1:
4 Atk Mega Steelix Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Eviolite Piloswine: 168-200 (41.5 - 49.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO and piloswine is faster and 3hkos in return.

What made Piloswine viable during xy was because it was a rock setter that beat Gligar, but with that gone, it doesn't beat hazard removers any better (sometimes even worse) than most other setters in the tier, like Mega Steelix. Speaking of Mega Steelix, pilo has huge competition with mega lix as a ground type and mega lix does its job better probably on 90% of teams. both lose to mostly the same things and lix checks pretty much everything pilo does but better, notably not giving up free turns to durant, escav, and opposing lix while checking Doublade, Exploud, meloetta, drapion, tyrantrum, abomsnow, fletch, and cress/reuni much better than pilo, so you are losing out on a lot of utility. The fact that it doesn't lose turns to fire types as easily and access to ice stab with priority is cool and all, but ground + steel has nearly as effective coverage and usually isn't enough to warrant a slot on a team, unless if you really need prio or are really weak to fire types/glalie (which pilo shouldn't be main checks to in the first place). The only others times I'd consider pilo is when you already have a mega or another steel type, but in both scenarios pilo usually wouldn't have good synergy anyway, and even then faces competition from other sr setters.

(btw your helio calc is incorrect for some reason, focus blast should do 74.7 - 88.1%, but that point still somewhat stands so w/e)

What made Piloswine viable during xy was because it was a rock setter that beat Gligar, but with that gone, it doesn't beat hazard removers any better (sometimes even worse) than most other setters in the tier, like Mega Steelix. Speaking of Mega Steelix, pilo has huge competition with mega lix as a ground type and mega lix does its job better probably on 90% of teams. both lose to mostly the same things and lix checks pretty much everything pilo does but better, notably not giving up free turns to durant, escav, and opposing lix while checking Doublade, Exploud, meloetta, drapion, tyrantrum, abomsnow, fletch, and cress/reuni much better than pilo, so you are losing out on a lot of utility. The fact that it doesn't lose turns to fire types as easily and access to ice stab with priority is cool and all, but ground + steel has nearly as effective coverage and usually isn't enough to warrant a slot on a team, unless if you really need prio or are really weak to fire types/glalie (which pilo shouldn't be main checks to in the first place). The only others times I'd consider pilo is when you already have a mega or another steel type, but in both scenarios pilo usually wouldn't have good synergy anyway, and even then faces competition from other sr setters.

(btw your helio calc is incorrect for some reason, focus blast should do 74.7 - 88.1%, but that point still somewhat stands so w/e)
I believe the calc was wrong as I was trying to find out it's base defenses after eviolite is factored, Also the steelix one was wrong as well for the same reasons the heliolisk one was.

Victreebel: Unranked ---> C- Rank

I've been using Sun recently, and Victreebel is my main Chlorophyll sweeper. Victreebel's base 100 SpA may seem unimpressive at first, but when you look a bit closer, Victreebel's high powered moves really make up for it. Solar Beam / Sludge Bomb / Weather Ball / [Sleep Powder / Knock Off / Growth] is an excellent asset to Sun teams and is a hassle to take down late game. Weather Ball is a godsend, and what makes Victreebel usable in the first place. This KOes Mega Steelix, even when 252/252+ (after a layer of Spikes), and OHKOes any variant that's not 252/252+ which isn't as common anyways. Victreebel deserves to be ranked because of how ferocious it is on Sun teams.

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion
Tbh I think that c+ is a little too high for Hariyama since it's only niche is countering only houndoom and glalie because of thick fat.
i fucking told him that on irc, sry for making you write that

hi, i am the biggest piloswine fan around, and even i disagree with that nomination. stop exaggerating the viability of some mons just cause you can trash ppl on the ladder with them. megalix is better if u can afford it, and seismitoad gives it pretty tough competition too as a ground-type sr settr. ice-type is neat as fuck ngl, but that's about it. no way piloswine is as consistent as delphox, samurott (which just demolish a ton of builds atm), magneton and other Pokemon in B rank. god, even some pokemon at B- straight up fit more builds and are better (seismitoad, although that should be higher, crustle, garbo, sigilyph. heck, even golbat). piloswine's niche is enormous on some builds, but the lack of leftovers' passive recover without megalix's colossal bulk, inability to beat hitmontop and pelipper (the best two bulkier hazard removers atm, stop using golbat pls) without making up for it by the ability to consistently check stuff (cause while you have a neat type + ability, you still don't resist much, so you'll end up getting nuked constantly, knocked off and eventually picked off), make it belong no higher than C+.

I've been using Sun recently, and Victreebel is my main Chlorophyll sweeper. Victreebel's base 100 SpA may seem unimpressive at first, but when you look a bit closer, Victreebel's high powered moves really make up for it. Solar Beam / Sludge Bomb / Weather Ball / [Sleep Powder / Knock Off / Growth] is an excellent asset to Sun teams and is a hassle to take down late game. Weather Ball is a godsend, and what makes Victreebel usable in the first place. This KOes Mega Steelix, even when 252/252+ (after a layer of Spikes), and OHKOes any variant that's not 252/252+ which isn't as common anyways. Victreebel deserves to be ranked because of how ferocious it is on Sun teams.
no clue why that was unranked tbh, it's the face of sun teams, and sand teams are actually D ranked (with hippo and stout). the ability to nuke abomasnow with sludge bomb is nice as fuck too

Yeah Victreebel is pretty insane. If it runs Growth, it can even beat most stalls at +2 due to his fearsome coverage & power.
He's face of one of the best " gimmicks " usable in RU, so he definitly deserves C- Rank.

We should probably stay back on topic a bit. This is turning into somebody on a whim being right.

Let's move back to something more relevant. Like moving down Tyrantrum from A+? Details later.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hey guys, big update coming in! Just like we did immediately after the Moltres/Pangoro tests, some of the members of the RU Council and QC team decided to work on updating the viability thread to fit the current metagame a bit better. Which is why there are so many changes and why updating the thread took a little longer than usual. Anyways, the updates are as follows.

Cobalion moved down to A+ rank
Hitmonlee moved down to A rank
Reuniclus moved up to A+ rank
Doublade moved up to A+ rank
Dugtrio moved up to A rank
Alomomola moved down to A rank
Virizion moved down to A- rank
Heliolisk moved up to A- rank
Fletchinder moved down to B+ rank
Seismitoad moved up to B+ rank
Jellicent moved up to B rank
Registeel moved down to B- rank (bringing it down lower was brought up, discuss)
Garbodor moved up to B rank (bringing it up higher was brought up, discuss)
Crustle moved up to B rank
Granbull moved down to B- rank
Kabutops moved down to C+ rank
Sawk moved down to B rank
Mesprit moved down to B+ rank
Jynx moved up to C+ rank
Ferroseed moved down to C- rank
Hariyama moved up to C rank (may go in either C+ rank or C- rank in the future)

As usual, if you strongly disagree with any of the changes made, just say so! Also, if you don't exactly disagree with something but would like some reasoning as to why the change was made, you should bring that up too.

phantom

Banned deucer.
Before anyone asks: Cobalion was moved down because it's pretty much the Landorus-T of RU. It's a good mon that can run a variety of sets, but doesn't particularly excel at any one thing nor is it particularly threatening, annoying, or overtly powerful. It's just a very good glue mon that has some cool perks that makes it easy to fit on teams, but in no way shape or form does it require a player to take an extra step to deal with it like the other S rank nor is it as influential as Mega Steelix and even some of the other mons in A+. And it's overrated as shit.

Mostly agree with the list. Anyway for now I probably support garbodor for B+ rank. It sports a combination of respectable bulk, a useful typing especially for dealing with some hazard removal in the meta and forms neat spikestacking cores with stealth rock users like mesprit or mega camerupt. With rocky helmet and aftermath, it especially punishes physical attackers while wearing down further rapid spinners like hitmonlee. It's also a useful check for most fighting types not named medicham, slurpuff, etc. It sports a powerful poison STAB in gunk shot and has a decent physical movepool, commonly carrying drain punch for coverage and bears decent offensive presence. The main thing that concerns me with bringing it up though is the competition it has a hazard stacker with qwilfish especially, who sports the ever so useful taunt, checks similar mons, has the useful intimidate, better speed, and not being a complete sitting duck or complete setup throdder against the likes of doublade, m-steelix and the like, courtesy of taunt ofc.

I definitely think Registeel should drop further and go to C+ rank. With the advent of Mega-Steelix as a major force in the RU metagame, Registeel lost a lot of it's niche. Mega-Steelix acts as an effective wall that can set up rocks while also hit back effectively and potentially phaze, giving it a more general utility than Registeel for the majority of teams. Registeel still has some niches - it fairs better against water and grass types, it has thunder wave, and it doesn't take up a slot for a mega-evolution. But even then those niches aren't that important in the grand scheme of things right now - water types almost always carry scald and registeel hates burns, whereas thunder wave is probably less effective than toxic anyways given that ground types are quite effective right now. The grass immunity and lack of a mega evolution is nice, but it's not too much of a niche as to justify the B- ranking. It just has too many good switch-ins and is outclassed enough by mega-steelix to really justify a spot above C+, where I think it fits quite nicely - C+ is generally reserved for usable pokemon with smaller niches, as is the case with Registeel.

Gastrodon C+ for B- RANK Gastrodon is Gastrodon is a great pokemon thanks to the ability to upload rain storm many tiers even in the 5th generation was OU has a good bulky, good Ability and fairly high amount of HP

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Clear Smog
- Earth Power

Gastrodon C+ for B- RANK Gastrodon is Gastrodon is a great pokemon thanks to the ability to upload rain storm many tiers even in the 5th generation was OU has a good bulky, good Ability and fairly high amount of HP

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Clear Smog
- Earth Power
How a pokemon fairs in a previous gen metagame doesn't mean anything to how it fairs in the current metagame.

Gastrodon does check mega steelix, as well as tyrantrum and emboar, not to mention the stuff it already used to check rly well(sd rapeion, cobalion, etc)
I don't think it should be C+ either
The main issue with Gastrodon is that overall it ends up being outclassed by Pokemon such as Seismitoad and Quagsire since it doesn't have Stealth Rock like the first (which is actually pretty key when you add a Ground-type to your balanced teams because most setters are Ground-type and you end up stacking bad weaknes when adding another) and checks the Pokemon you mentioned worse than Quasire does (outside of maybe Emboar) who is pretty much a complete stop to most Durant, Cobalion, and Doublade too as well as Quagsire. Not to mention that Pokemon such as Defensive Slowking and Alomomola give it a run for its money since they can use Calm Mind and Wish extremely well+they have Regenerator.

Gastrodon's niche is having a little bit more mixed bulk than Quagsire and the ability to use Sludge Wave well in order to 2hko Abomasnow with an offensive set and being a better check to Reuniclus with Clear Smog (which unlike Slowking's Dragon Tail actually beats last Mon Reuniclus o.o).

Last edited by a moderator:

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
Tbh I think that c+ is a little too high for Hariyama since it's only niche is countering only houndoom and glalie because of thick fat. It can't beat aboma due to +2 adamant wood hammer ohking it at full and it can't be KO'd by force palm, emboar still has super power as it's other stab so it's can't really come in on it, also 252+ Atk Choice Band Reckless Emboar Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Thick Fat Hariyama: 282-333 (57.3 - 67.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery, which means it isn't even a safe switch in. I'd say it's a waste of a Mon slot. It can get set up on by mons like gurdurr , reunicleus Durant ( if lum ,bad talk rolls, or just no para) , doublade, and virizion.

It can't beat common Mons like cress ,hitmonlee , tyrantrum , or whimsicott.

As I have said before it's niche at most and probably unviable on basic teams competitive teams.

Won't oppose to it being C- or C I guess but C+ or B is a little too high.

You're not using the right EV spread for Hariyama. With such a large base HP stat it gets more out of investing in defense and special defense EVs. For reference it's sort of like Blissey in this sense; every competitive player knows to max out Blissey's defense first.

252+ Atk Choice Band Reckless Emboar Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 252+ Def Thick Fat Hariyama: 184-217 (42.8 - 50.5%) -- 2% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Reckless Emboar Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Thick Fat Hariyama: 184-217 (37.3 - 44.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Also as for Abomasnow...
+2 252+ Atk Abomasnow Wood Hammer vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hariyama: 334-394 (67.8 - 80%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Abomasnow Wood Hammer vs. 0 HP / 252+ Def Hariyama: 334-394 (77.8 - 91.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I'm going to guess Abomasnow is getting a draw with Hariyama most of the time with recoil doing so much if it elects Wood Hammer. Seed Bomb is actually more common in my experience but that does less damage. Hariyama can also outspeed potentially which is nice to smack it around with Force Palm.

Natural Talent

Don't die trying to live..
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
You're not using the right EV spread for Hariyama. With such a large base HP stat it gets more out of investing in defense and special defense EVs. For reference it's sort of like Blissey in this sense; every competitive player knows to max out Blissey's defense first.

252+ Atk Choice Band Reckless Emboar Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 252+ Def Thick Fat Hariyama: 184-217 (42.8 - 50.5%) -- 2% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Reckless Emboar Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Thick Fat Hariyama: 184-217 (37.3 - 44.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Also as for Abomasnow...
+2 252+ Atk Abomasnow Wood Hammer vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hariyama: 334-394 (67.8 - 80%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Abomasnow Wood Hammer vs. 0 HP / 252+ Def Hariyama: 334-394 (77.8 - 91.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I'm going to guess Abomasnow is getting a draw with Hariyama most of the time with recoil doing so much if it elects Wood Hammer. Seed Bomb is actually more common in my experience but that does less damage. Hariyama can also outspeed potentially which is nice to smack it around with Force Palm.
When you say that's not the set the only other set it would be is 252 def and 252+ Sdef. So banded emboar has a good chance to 2hko after rocks. And so does aboma accounting in hail. "
Yes this is a Houndoom check"- Meru, actually admitting that it's use is just to check a mon (We have way better houndoom already, that are actually good).

Either way it would be niche as it would only beat those Mons, it still would only be at most C rank.

It still loses to notable Mons like Durant, Cm cresselia, doublade, and reuniclus.

With that being said, I would like to nom Rhyperior to go back to A+. Not sure why it would drop. It still beats a lot of notable Mons and not even outclassed as a rock setter. I also found to like more offensive sets like offensive rocks (basically just adding megahorn and more attack and speed over bulk), Swords Dance, and Banded sets. It hits very hard with 140 base attack and the fact that the tier has shifted to a little more bulky teams then hyper offensive ones. It has a few notable things that can outspeed and kill it.

Last edited:

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
When you say that's not the set the only other set it would be is 252 def and 252+ Sdef. So banded emboar has a good chance to 2hko after rocks. And so does aboma accounting in hail. "
Yes this is a Houndoom check"- Meru, actually admitting that it's use is just to check a mon (We have way better houndoom already, that are actually good).

Either way it would be niche as it would only beat those Mons, it still would only be at most C rank.

It still loses to notable Mons like Durant, Cm cresselia, doublade, and reuniclus.

With that being said, I would like to nom Rhyperior to go back to A+. Not sure why it would drop. It still beats a lot of notable Mons and not even outclassed as a rock setter. I also found to like more offensive sets like offensive rocks (basically just adding megahorn and more attack and speed over bulk), Swords Dance, and Banded sets. It hits very hard with 140 base attack and the fact that the tier has shifted to a little more bulky teams then hyper offensive ones. It has a few notable things that can outspeed and kill it.
Sadly you're still wrong or being very unclear.

I said "that's not the set" by which I meant the 252 HP 0 Def ?SpDef is not the set you should be using but you're quite incorrect in saying "the only other set it would be is 252 def and 252+ Sdef." because you can quite easily run Impish nature for more defense! Also you can shifts some EVs from special defense to HP to take physical moves slightly better while relying on your ability and typing to absorb special moves.

Take this for example

252+ SpA Life Orb Houndoom Fire Blast vs. 80 HP / 176 SpD Thick Fat Hariyama: 134-160 (29.8 - 35.6%) -- 25.5% chance to 3HKO

which lets you shift enough EVs into HP for this to happen

252+ Atk Choice Band Reckless Emboar Flare Blitz vs. 80 HP / 252+ Def Thick Fat Hariyama: 184-217 (40.9 - 48.3%) -- 9.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Since this Hariyama is a defensive set it of course loses to many notable Pokemon because the nature of a defensive Pokemon means that it can be countered easily. For example Aromatisse is very good set up bait for Doublade and Steelix and Alomomola is very good set up bait for any Pokemon who can somehow bypass status.

I hope you now understand the errors in your post ^_^

phantom

Banned deucer.
I got some more suggestions and stuff:

--> S

Houndoom is the biggest threat to stall atm and slower teams in general. It's just so difficult finding non-offensive checks to it, and the reason why stall hasn't kicked off as much as it should've post Moltres / Pangoro is because of this thing right here. Incredible stallbreaker, great Pursuit trapper, nice ability, has awesome STAB priority, and a ton of other useful shit. It might not seem like an obvious S rank at first, but when you look at in a teambuilding perspective, it just makes a lot more sense.

--> B-

This thing is okay, but matches up a lot better with the B- mons than C+ imo. Lovely Kiss, good offensive stats, and a very customizable movepool let it perform a variety of roles and give it a ton of uses overall. It's a very good anti-lead for one due to how well it performs vs most HO hazard stackers, i.e. threaten them with sleep while being very difficult to pivot around due to its power and movepool. Nasty Plot sets are also really threatening vs slower teams.

to A-
This is a pretty good pivot on offense and it has gr8 coverage to hit what it's stab can't. It can pivot into a good portion of the a ranks and switch out without taking too much damage. Also it's not complete durant chow since it often runs coverage like focus miss or hp fire for steels. Ever since moltres left it can no longer have to run rock slide. For all these reasons above i believe tangrowth should be A-. Also i agree with Spirit

I got some more suggestions and stuff:

--> S

Houndoom is the biggest threat to stall atm and slower teams in general. It's just so difficult finding non-offensive checks to it, and the reason why stall hasn't kicked off as much as it should've post Moltres / Pangoro is because of this thing right here. Incredible stallbreaker, great Pursuit trapper, nice ability, has awesome STAB priority, and a ton of other useful shit. It might not seem like an obvious S rank at first, but when you look at in a teambuilding perspective, it just makes a lot more sense.

--> B-

This thing is okay, but matches up a lot better with the B- mons than C+ imo. Lovely Kiss, good offensive stats, and a very customizable movepool let it perform a variety of roles and give it a ton of uses overall. It's a very good anti-lead for one due to how well it performs vs most HO hazard stackers, i.e. threaten them with sleep while being very difficult to pivot around due to its power and movepool. Nasty Plot sets are also really threatening vs slower teams.
If Houndoom ends up being S, then please put again Zweilous in D Rank for being Houndoom's nightmare.
Or bump some others checks/counters like Poliwrath.

Going to continue my pattern of nominating unranked stuff to be ranked again (Huntail, Garbodor)

Unranked --> D
Despite looking like total crap from stats alone, Jumpluff can actually put in some good work. It holds a good speed tier in 110, can easily clean/sweep with a SD under its belt (and it has Sleep Powder to help it set up, on top of setup fodder, so it can save the Sleep for something that's actually a threat), and has decent abilities (it can get past subs w/Infiltrator). A simple set of SD/Sleep Powder/Seed Bomb/Acrobatics (itemless) can easily perform this well. It has some competition from Shiftry and Virizion as a Grass-Type SD Sweeper, and it doesn't hit hard without a SD up, so it shouldn't go any higher than D.

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Meloetta A+ -> A-

Houndoom, Drapion, and a bunch of other stuff that outruns it and bops it are popular now, and being able to switch into Moltres with AV isn't a thing any more. CM is pretty decent but still not that difficult to revenge kill. I could see A instead of A- but it's not on the level of other A+ mons.

Tangrowth and Amoongus B+/B -> A-

Both don't have many switch-ins and switch into many things. Tangrowth can press Knock Off and Leaf Storm, while Mushroom can spread para and has nice coverage vs most things with its stabs. And sleep is pretty great, of course.

Aromatisse A- -> B+

Not a huge drop but mega lix being everywhere hurts it, it doesn't stop it from wish passing really but it means it can't do much else during a game. Spikes being everywhere with no defoggers hurt it, especially compared to Alomomola who can regenerator off spikes damage while Aro has to take damage to heal teammates.

Jellicent B -> A to B+, idk exactly but somewhere higher up because it's surely better than Clawitzer or Gurdurr

It presses scald and doesn't get set up on by Reuniclus and pursuiters aren't very good and not a ton of things can set up on it or do a ton of damage to it and it does chip damage while stopping most pokemon from recovering back up. Solid pokemon.

Senpai D.M

さようなら
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
to A+ / S
Dugtrio is starting gain hype to the point it feels broken hence s rank nom, its the best revenge killer / trapper and adds pressure from team preview. It is always getting a kill and when played well it can be a pain through the match and get even more kills. It has a great movepool and good stats as a trapper.

Seconding the Jellicent nom, it's great versus most balanced-ish/offensive teams that can't really break through it. Afro Smash vs. Nails, although from the previous stage, exemplifies this, as Nails struggled to break through Afro Smash's Jellicent after his Whimsicott was Tricked the Choice Scarf). Although mons that can break through it, such as Houndoom, have become more popular since, Jellicent is still pretty great as a check to Choiced Durant locked into anything besides Crunch, Emboar, Mega Camerupt, and Mega Steelix (outspeeds and shuts it down with Taunt + WoW). It also spinblocks 'mons such as Hitmonlee and Hitmontop pretty decently in a 1v1 matchup. Don't really think it should move above maybe B+ or A-, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)