Multifaction/FFA Dragon Mafia Game Over: Norwegian Ridgebacks, Tiamat, Paperblade, Walrein, and moi win

I just noticed I could have gone for a win through my OR condition by offing Tiamat (so Gale) the moment I got the position of faction leader; I could have sent myself to kill, preventing Gale and UncleSam from winning. Luckily for you two, I'm nice.

Also, I noticed today marks my 5th Smogon anniversary. I don't even know what I've done around here all that time.
Well US would have won with his AND anyway. It was between offing me or winning along with NR. Honestly, I was pretty scared in the last few nights as Spiffy was getting powerful. US and you could have sold me out to Spiffy and still won.

But I love you guys for giving my first win ^_^
Also grates on the 5th Anniversary MC!

Edit: Oh you had to off me personally +_+
Well either way it would have been tragic if Kazavon's Dildo had won him the game :/

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Ya Cowbell there was no way to stop me winning, though I'm surprised the thought of killing Gale never occurred to you.

It wouldn't have mattered because Gale was BGing moi and himself so you'd have just lost the next day when von called it if you had done this (which is why I had Pokeguy killing Spiffy so that if you decided to try to fuck Gale over you'd just lose instead).

UncleSam

Leading this village
And @Pokeguy: The issue was that if Cowbell killed TAS and Spiffy killed a Horntail then there were suddenly serious questions about whether the Horntails might just 1v1 the Ridgebacks with Spiffy's help.

Basically killing anyone other than you seemed way riskier than it was worth and I thought the Horntail kill was higher priority because IT WAS so I figured you'd get the kill off on Spiffy regardless.

Ya Cowbell there was no way to stop me winning, though I'm surprised the thought of killing Gale never occurred to you.
You're right, you could've won through your AND anyways, but I could have prevented Gale from winning. It crossed my mind once that it may have been a possibility to 'go rogue', so to say, the second I got the faction leadership, but since the Ridgebacks really weren't at risk of losing and I would fulfill my AND condition that night regardless, I didn't give it much thought.

You're right, you could've won through your AND anyways, but I could have prevented Gale from winning. It crossed my mind once that it may have been a possibility to 'go rogue', so to say, the second I got the faction leadership, but since the Ridgebacks really weren't at risk of losing and I would fulfill my AND condition that night regardless, I didn't give it much thought.
Tiamat thanks Bahamut for not screwing up his win con ^_^

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
unclesam, do you seriously think this game was balanced, i mean look at gale's role vs the other wolves lol, particularly daenerys, i do whine a lot when i lose but mostly thats because the games do actually suck

UncleSam

Leading this village
Gale's role was worse than Spiffy's for sure, it's just not obvious from the role PMs because Spiffy's had a HUGE amount of hidden power, whereas Gale was 100% upfront. Spiffy had the only thief in the game, the only access to the discard pile in the game as soon as you died or he stole from you, the only available kill among the wolves (somewhat easy to get considering how easy it is for him to get his items honestly) and a host of other protections apart from even the item protections.

As things turned out Spiffy was almost able to 1v7 the Ridgebacks+Gale and moi at the end; if he had had more information he would've been able to.

Daenerys was definitely the weakest role of the three but it had the potential to be insane if there was any sort of lag in kills after the first couple (like he could've copied Persuade/Silence just from how the first two nights ended up actually playing out, and having two uses of both is a HUGE amount of vote control).

Daenerys is even better if he's allowed to use both charges of an action during the same night but it isn't obvious one way or the other if that's allowed. If it is then he could've single-handedly gotten majority during Day 3 if he had lived Night 2 and had been paying attention (my guess is he hadn't backed up the proper abilities though).

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
yeah i guess i didnt take into consideration the fact that spiffy was the only thief, during the game i thought all 3 were thieves so i guess i still was thinking that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)