Tournament Level 10 LC Minitour (Won by Tricking)

Status
Not open for further replies.
vomiting IN my mouth

The only really annoying speed ties are when its Gastly vs Gastly or Archen vs Archen etc which happens in every metagame. There are very few legitimate Speed ties that this solves srsly. It also introduces new shittier ties like certain Scarfers tying with Diglett instead of actually being able to catch it.

The damage formula at low levels gives more weight to high move power, and bumping up levels weakens every mons power. The most stall af metagame incoming, brace yourselves.

Shrug

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
LCPL Champion
About speed tiers: going to level 10 does not eliminate speed ties. It does remove some. From what I can tell from just playing around, level 5 speeds (these are all unboosted and deal with mons that care about outspeeding things) are determined in brackets of 10 base stat points in speed, starting with numbers that end in 3 and ending with numbers that end in 2. For example, snivy and woobat both hit 17 speed (full Evs positive nature), with snivy at a base of 63 and woobat at 71 or 72. This plays out with what I know about ev spreads normally - it takes 252 evs for snivy to hit 17 speed, but stats that end in 2 take 180 evs to max, very near to having another point 76 above (just missing). Level 10, from what I can tell, divides each x3 to y2 chunk in half: x3 to x7 is a point lower than x8 to y2. This doesn't separate, say, mienfoo and vulpix, but it does push archen ahead of both. An addition note: the 2-point nature bump at level 10 means neutral nature mons a group (counting groups by 5s) higher no longer tie positive mons a group below - they are solidly outrun. For example, jolly pawn would be faster than adamant foo instead of tying it. (Nobody runs adamant foo but it's an example).

This doesn't change the meta too much from what I've seen - mirror-match ties stay the same, as do the ties from mins clustered at, say, 65. But there are noteable changes - archen outruns foo now, in general the mons clustered at higher numbers ending in 0 outspeed their lower 5 counterparts (70 > 65, etc.) I'm guessing this makes offensive sets like item less archen better, and it will probably change more ties at the two main higher speeds (18 and 19 normally). I also didn't look at what the levels did to boosting mons + scarf mons. I'm pretty sure this is right someone correct me if I'm wrong?

Also is there anywhere I can find a list of new available moves with the level bump?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)