UU Simple Questions Thread

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
is suppport Salamance an option? He has a nice movepool, his bulk is not the best but intimidate can help, he is not slow and even with little investment he can hurt, so taunt is not a shut down.
Yes, support Salamence definitely works. It's a pretty great check to Fighting types, and with moves like Defog, Dragon Tail and Wish, it has some solid options in the utility direction.

I'm just wondering if there is a thread that is similar to the Metagame discussion thread in the OU sub-forum. I'm really looking into getting back into the UU meta, but have been to far out of pokemon to know / understand the current metagame niches and trends that are currently going on in the UU metagame today. I've been looking around the forum for a thread like this, but haven't had too much success.

I'm just wondering if there is a thread that is similar to the Metagame discussion thread in the OU sub-forum. I'm really looking into getting back into the UU meta, but have been to far out of pokemon to know / understand the current metagame niches and trends that are currently going on in the UU metagame today. I've been looking around the forum for a thread like this, but haven't had too much success.
The np threads serve this function.

I know this isn't an RMT thread, but this seems like the best place to ask.
I've been using an Alakazam trapping core posted by Pokeaim in the "UU Cores V2 thread and i'm having a lot of trouble finding a final member for the team. I have the Alakazam-Krookodile- SpDef Forretress core along with BP Lucario and Crocune to handle Aerodactyl and Bulky grounds. Can I have some advice for a final member?

I know this isn't an RMT thread, but this seems like the best place to ask.
I've been using an Alakazam trapping core posted by Pokeaim in the "UU Cores V2 thread and i'm having a lot of trouble finding a final member for the team. I have the Alakazam-Krookodile- SpDef Forretress core along with BP Lucario and Crocune to handle Aerodactyl and Bulky grounds. Can I have some advice for a final member?
Maybe a fighting resist since you can't trust zam to take hits. Dragalge/Nidoqueen/Tentacruel can sponge them and lay T-spikes to wear down the opposing team helping crocune to come through.

Maybe a fighting resist since you can't trust zam to take hits. Dragalge/Nidoqueen/Tentacruel can sponge them and lay T-spikes to wear down the opposing team helping crocune to come through.
sounds good, i'm going to try out Dragalge for the time being since it doesn't overlap with other members of my team
I assume bulky T-spikes would be best

Dragalge @ Black Sludge
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze

thank you for the advice

Wanka

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
UUPL Champion
What is the EV Spread for Special Defensive Gligar
The time I ran gligar I ran 252hp 56 in physical defence and 200 in special defence with a careful nature. Most of ur bulk goes into spD but it has a bit into phys def just to help out on tht side of the spectrum.

Does anybody speak french? I had a good UU battle and my opponent was speaking french to another person and im just curious...

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-220416238
From what i understand they were mainly talking about your opponents "shit stall team". Nothing negative towards you- someone did say you were the best player present in that battle but i have no idea if that was sarcasm or not.

Feel free to correct me frenchies!

So Seismitoad is A- on the viability rankings now? Kinda strange, but what is that thing's best set in the tier right now? (I do like using things not many people are aware of)

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So Seismitoad is A- on the viability rankings now? Kinda strange, but what is that thing's best set in the tier right now? (I do like using things not many people are aware of)
If I'm not mistaken it's Stealth Rock, Scald, Knock Off, EQ / Earth Power

Edit: 100th post rip

Last edited:
If I'm not mistaken it's Stealth Rock, Scald, Knock Off, EQ / Earth Power

Edit: 100th post rip
I run the following :

Seismitoad@ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
Water Absorb
248 HP/ 252 Def/ 8 Sp Def
-Scald
-Eathquake
-Knock Off
-Stealth Rock

I recommend partnering with a grass type and a wallbreaker. Grass type covers the obvious x4 grass weakness, so roserade, amoongus are good def grass. Offensive can be Mega Scept, Shaymin, LO rade, etc.. i recommend a wallbreaker since some mons can still set up on Toad like CroCune (pp stall), Reuniclus, etc.. so, mega scept and LO rade are great options imo.

curselax is devastating right now, if you can take care of ghosts and fighting types you can sweep pretty much every time. Krookodile Salamence and Snorlax is a good core to use right to do this.

I'm running a Curselax right now and I can confirm that it's an absolute beast. If you can get a couple Curses up, even fighting types don't really bother it all that much.

Speaking of dealing with fighting types, I've got a bit of a problem with that at the moment. My team has a bit of a weakness to both fighting types and Scarf mons (especially since those are mostly one in the same - I'm looking at you, Mienshao), and I'm currently running a defensive core of Forretress+Florges. However, bringing either of them in absolutely kills any offensive momentum I've built up, and their lack of ability to really threaten anything offensively makes things difficult for the rest of my team (offensive SR Nidoqueen, Mega Pidgeot, RP Tyrantrum, and the aforementioned Curselax). I was initially running Crobat, but that went too far in the other direction, as it usually ended up dying from too many repeated hits before it could Roost and not giving me the defensive support I needed. Could Doublade work as an acceptable alternative? It's typing lends itself well to countering fighting types, even though it fears Knock Off, and it should still be able to provide an acceptable amount of offensive pressure on both ends of the spectrum.

LeoLancaster

does this still work
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm running a Curselax right now and I can confirm that it's an absolute beast. If you can get a couple Curses up, even fighting types don't really bother it all that much.

Speaking of dealing with fighting types, I've got a bit of a problem with that at the moment. My team has a bit of a weakness to both fighting types and Scarf mons (especially since those are mostly one in the same - I'm looking at you, Mienshao), and I'm currently running a defensive core of Forretress+Florges. However, bringing either of them in absolutely kills any offensive momentum I've built up, and their lack of ability to really threaten anything offensively makes things difficult for the rest of my team (offensive SR Nidoqueen, Mega Pidgeot, RP Tyrantrum, and the aforementioned Curselax). I was initially running Crobat, but that went too far in the other direction, as it usually ended up dying from too many repeated hits before it could Roost and not giving me the defensive support I needed. Could Doublade work as an acceptable alternative? It's typing lends itself well to countering fighting types, even though it fears Knock Off, and it should still be able to provide an acceptable amount of offensive pressure on both ends of the spectrum.
You could try fatmence:

Salamence @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Roost
- Aerial Ace
- Defog

There's a lot of variation possible here. Special attacks, Wish+Protect, 176+ speed for positive Lucario, etc. This particular set defogs, phazes, outspeeds adamant Honch, kills Heracross. But yeah this is a good defensive fighting check with offensive presence.

You could try fatmence:

Salamence @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Roost
- Aerial Ace
- Defog

There's a lot of variation possible here. Special attacks, Wish+Protect, 176+ speed for positive Lucario, etc. This particular set defogs, phazes, outspeeds adamant Honch, kills Heracross. But yeah this is a good defensive fighting check with offensive presence.
Thanks! Would a Relaxed nature and Flamethrower over Defog work similarly? I'm kind of lacking for decent special attackers at the moment, and with Nidoqueen carrying rocks and Forretress carrying spikes+rapid spin I'd like to keep my own hazards on the field.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Really like that Fatmence set, yeah if you don't need Defog I would definitely recommend Flamethrower on that set. Aerial Ace is a bit situational for me alongside it though, because Flamethrower provides a lot of similar coverage and it only really hits Hera. You could go with Toxic instead, goes really well with its excellent physical bulk. Don't go with Relaxed, Bold should be fine as Dragon Tail is mainly for phazing purposes. Still deals decent enough damage even with a hindering nature though, that beastly 135 attack n_n

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)