Other Post SPL Set Dump: OU Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so AM approved this

As you may have seen in other tiers, each respective tier subforum is doing an SPL set dump. Since SPL is in the final stage, this thread is basically going to serve as the SPL players' way to post their innovative sets for the OverUsed public. Obviously they don't have to if they don't want to share their sets, but it's a good resource and is basically the 'innovative sets' thread except with much more effective and reliable sets. This is all granted they have any, of course.

Just like all the other threads, if you helped test or were a manager you're free to post too.

Anyways, tagging everyone who's played in SPL for OU to see their share:

TheEnder ben gay Kevin Garrett xray The DragonKnight Stathakis RiCH HOMiE CHRiS Zamrock PDC Inflikted Prankster Adam Tesung mencemeat IAmGingy Destiny Device Living So Zambian Meridian Reymedy Lady Bug KratosMana Henry Lyconik Pridy Toxzn CyberOdin Asuya Sinclair sebixxl sugarhigh liberty32 Toupip Steve Angello chimpact Laurel SkillinJah Tom Bus xtra$hine @

Alrighty so that's a lot of people, interested to see where this goes.

Thanks Sableye (Klefki) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Safeguard
- Magnet Rise
- Spikes

the only way to ensure you beat both variants of sableye and get spikes, but by any means dont feel pity. i mean mega sab totally isnt over centralizing, dont you see the magnet rise for lando-i? a clear threat everyone has been yacking about. its the word on smogons campus fam

An eye for a Sableye (Terrakion) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 6 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Safeguard

Remember when stealth rock terrakion was a thing? well with my cleverness and hindsight i expertly create a loophole to this NON OVERCENTRALIZING mega by arranging a few moves and items and what-not. safeguard turn 1 as they willowisp ur lum then proceed to swords dance and scare them off with those striking stone-edges until you feel like it is safe to lay stealth rocks, trust me it works 47% of the time. Not much needed to be changed from the original XY terrakion as sableye is just a minor issue and lando-i must be looked upon more for its sheer annihilation of poorly built HO teams that lose to exca in the sand anyways.

Last edited:

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- Toxic

Generally a pretty annoying set, sets up on mew and stuff and annoys teams that lack Heatran to ridiculous proportions if you get set up, Toxic and flinches just wear things down super quick. Used vs Henry week 4.

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Toxic / Will-O-Wisp
- Earth Power

Used week 1, breaks a lot of stall teams and the replay is a testament to that. Works really well with toxic spikes support. Air Balloon can be used but leftovers help you bluff a defensive set before you've even hit a move. Wisp over toxic works if you need the utility of being able to burn things that are otherwise a threat to you, such as Bisharp.

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Atk / 100 SpD / 80 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Baton Pass

Used week 2, EVs allow for general bulk and enough speed to outspeed adamant Bisharp and thing that creep around there. Moves are also optional, you could theoretically run roost or taunt over an attack, but yeah this thing is nice to pass swords dance boosts to just about any attacker, particularly Mega Metagross and Physical Scarf users that may be able to just straight up sweep with the added power.

Last edited:

xray

how u doin'?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
ca$ed (Kyurem-Black) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 200 SpD / 16 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Outrage

the gr8 one (Talonflame)
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Acrobatics
- Flare Blitz

Last edited:
Tesung ♥ (Omastar) (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Surf

rofl that thing 2hits even things that resists it :O

Leftiez ♥ (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Passho Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

We pretty much used that set in like 80% of our builds, Toupip! Thanks again for working with me so much in OU, I know that without your input and help, I would not have improved my plays. ♥

Inflikted

Orco2
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Thunder Wave
- Psyshock / Flamethrower
- Slack Off

An extra insurance against Metagross I had in 2 of the teams I used iirc. This spread retains a big part of Slowbro's great physical bulk while being guaranteed to avoid the 2hko from neutral natured Metagross' Grass Knot after SR and leftovers, even if the opponent predicts the switch correctly. The SpDef evs also allow it to be a better Keldeo counter than the standard Slowbro while being less prone to Pursuit than Slowking by virtue of being bulkier physically. Flamethrower is an option if you're not weak to SubCM Keldeo and you don't want Ferrothorn to be able to stack Spikes in your face but i don't think it's uncommon enough to be considered innovative.

Thundurus (M) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Grass Knot

Hippowdon has become very popular due to its ability to stop electrics reliably and check a ton of threats in general while being very difficult to wear down. This Thundurus works as a nice lure to it. Come in on something you force out, NP on the Hippowdon switch, and even the rare 252+ SpDef Hippo gets OHKOed, and a lot of offensive mons can capitalize on that (Thund itself can spam tbolt afterwards). Jolly zard X is a good partner for this, as it appreciates Hippowdon and the occasional Quagsire and Rhyperior being gone. Scarf Tyranitar can pursuit Lati@s and also appreciates the removal of the annoying bulky grounds.
Not having Focus Blast can be annoying in some situation but the simple threat of it usually keeps KyuB and TTar out (and grass knot still does a lot to ttar)

Last edited:

kumiko

formerly TDK
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Earth Plate
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Smack Down
- U-turn

Used this week three vs Adam. 2HKOs Mega Scizor after Rocks, does 44-52% to 88+ Ferrothorn, 43% to 2HKO Slowbro after Rocks, and pushes a lot of damage on other physical walls. On the team I used it on, Lando-T was one of my two bird checks and one of my breakers, allowing Hawlucha to put in work late game.

Raikou @ Zap Plate
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Shadow Ball
- Volt Switch

I used this vs Prankster, sadly I didn't get to reveal HP Fire. Pretty obvious what it does in general; luring Ferrothorn and allows you to push more damage on Mega Scizor than TBolt does. On the team I used this set, I was using DD / Return / EQ / Roost Mega Altaria, so a weakened / dead Ferrothorn would be a big plus to my team. Shoutouts ben gay for this set ~n_n~

Heatran (M) @ Chople Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 48 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Encore
- Counter
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled

Was originally going to bring a team with these two vs ben gay, but decided to change to an untested team last second. Anyway, on the team I was pretty weak to both Mega Gardevoir and Mega Charizard Y, as well as Talonflame. Heatran provides me a check / lure to all three. Clefable was because my team was insanely weak to bulky set up mons, such as Mega Slowbro and the like. Encore is for those Mons, while Counter was a cool option that allowed me to hit physical threats that are quite difficult to deal with otherwise.

Inflikted

Orco2
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Inflikted what does spdef bro offer over mixed defense slowking? Just askin out of curiosity, really
Of course Slowking handles Metagross better, but it's frailer physically (252+ def slowking is not as bulky on the physical side as 72+ def slowbro), and that would have opened more weaknesses in my team, while this solution allowed me to have a Metagross check without touching the other teamslots. And i always thought the main advantage of slowking over slowbro to be the AV set, slowbro is still superior imo as a physically inclined wall, even with a mixed spread.

i probably worded this poorly but eh

Ragnarock

Banned deucer.
Ahhhhhhhh, i might as well give you something since SPL is almost over. I'm usually the type of player that doesn't like using standard boring shit and also the one that scouts niggas. Since it began to catch on on what I do, I decided to just scream fuck it and just bring something fun to the table in my second SPL fight. So without futher adieu, introducing the star of our show...

Feraligatr (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 20 Def / 236 Spe (adamant) OR 252 Atk / 32 Def / 224 Spe (jolly)
Adamant or Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Superpower / Ice Punch / Aqua Jet / Substitute

ITZGATR!!! Couldn't tell you how hyped I was when its hidden ability was finally released. I wanted to use something fun that I never used before in SPL and catch peeps off guard. Sheer Force + LO + Dragon Dance is kind of fuckin scary. I prefer Dragon Dance over Sword Dance main cuz of how fast this cancerous metagame is right now with threats like Lati twins, Metagross, Tornadus-T, etc. With sheer force it boosts the attacks that have a secondary effect with a trade of removing it's secondary effect. The coverage is nice for most of the metagame, Waterfall being its best STAB while also getting sheer force boosted and can shit on fat mons that don't resist water. Crunch is another sheer force boosting move that's good for the psychic threats like Slowbro, Latis, Jirachi, Mew (dodging burns yn) and Metagross. I only use Superpower on Gatr if Ferrothorn is annoying as hell or if I want to at least lure it in to weaken it for another win condition like mono atking CM Clefable or DDance Altaria. Ice Punch is another sheer force boosting move for weakening or killing grass and dragons like Garchomp, Dragonite, Celebi (altho crunch does more anyway) and Amoongus. Aqua Jet is a surprise priority in case some shit happens that scares you like a +1 volcarona gonna sweep u or something (You can use SD for ajet if you feel ur team just needs a bulky sweeper, but I feel like ddance is better for it anyway). Sub is kind of cool to avoid status and mindgames vs sucker punch users.

252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Feraligatr Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 185-218 (46.9 - 55.3%) -- 15.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (lol get fucked)

252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Feraligatr Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 190-224 (48.2 - 56.8%) -- 86.7% chance to 2HKO

+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Feraligatr Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Slowbro: 198-234 (50.2 - 59.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Feraligatr Crunch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Metagross: 294-348 (97.6 - 115.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Feraligatr Superpower vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 286-338 (81.2 - 96%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (No1 runs max max ferro, anything lower than this will give Gatr a chance to ohko it at +1)

+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Feraligatr Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 411-484 (127.2 - 149.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO (jesus,,,)

+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Feraligatr Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 136+ Def Amoonguss: 403-476 (93.2 - 110.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

EVs for adamant nature is to outspeed Tornadus-T at +1. If your scared of Mega Manetric or Lopunny, then making it jolly is fine (jolly spread outspeeds both at +1 as well). Max Max adamant +1 doesn't outspeed weavile unforunately, so run jolly if you're scared of it, even tho it's not a counter. I always liked having a little extra EVs in defensive bulk cuz you never know when it might help you out when it comes to trying to set up a ddance. You're not outspeeding max Jolly Mega Aero at +1 with either set, get over yourself, it's not a counter anyway.

Azumarill can go fuck itself, get a check for that. As for partners, if running SP, get an Altaria check. If ice punch, find something to wear down ferrothorn or just pair this up w/ magnezone to just trap kill ferro to have an easier time. If neither, obv check both. Something for Keldeo or at least weakening takes pressure off gatr unless you're running based set Aerial Ace. Pair this w/ either other win conditions or hazard stacking, as it would help this monster clean teams late game. This set is fun, encourage everyone to try it.

Last edited:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Tornadus-T (M) @ Assault Vest
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 184 HP / 16 Def / 36 SAtk / 56 SDef / 216 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Icy Wind
- Hurricane / Air Slash
- Knock Off / Super power
- U-turn
What are the EVs for in particular? Jw for the sake of a team-building reference point in the future.

What are the EVs for? (ninjad darn) Specifically the defensive EVs (speed I can see is for Scarftar), it looks like putting some Def and Sdef EVs into HP would be better:

252 Atk Life Orb Kyurem Dragon Rush vs. 184 HP / 16 Def Tornadus-T: 251-296 (72.7 - 85.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Kyurem Spacial Rend vs. 184 HP / 56 SpD Assault Vest Tornadus-T: 146-173 (42.3 - 50.1%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO

vs 224 HP / 0 Def / 32 SpD:

252 Atk Life Orb Kyurem Dragon Rush vs. 224 HP / 0 Def Tornadus-T: 255-302 (71.8 - 85%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Kyurem Spacial Rend vs. 224 HP / 32 SpD Assault Vest Tornadus-T: 149-177 (41.9 - 49.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

5 wins per week (Talonflame) @ (No Item)
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Will-O-Wisp
- Acrobatics
- Roost

This set isn't the most innovative I suppose, didn't see anyone else using it though.

Evs are random tbh, idk if there is an optimal ammount of speed (I'm always lazy with evs) Point is that you check a lot of the shit taunt talonflame checks, especially altaria/clefa/scizor/zard y, but you then your a big threat too with sd. Typical sd talon answers like hippo get fucked, and even bulky waters can get worn down. Leftiez + bb could work too, but being a better bisharp check/avoiding recoil is nice.

Shaymin @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 44 HP / 252 SpA / 212 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Seed Flare
- Synthesis

Tox used this, but it was my idea. I guess it doesn't have too much use over celebi, but avoiding pursuit is nice. It also gets seed flare, which makes it hard for shit like latis to switch into, it also fucks with gliscor/sab/slowbro/cune rle hard. Its not like the best mon ever, but some balance can't deal with it and its cute. Talon/zard/torn t are annoying af tho.

Tyranitar (M) @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 236 SDef / 20 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Good with or w/o exca. Support ttar is rle underrated, and has real use over scarf ttar, especially rocks. Checks shit like talon even harder as well as latis, and with chople (which is the innovative-y part) it allows it to be a really strong check to gengar/zard y without the scarf.

bluff god (Roserade) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 52 SpA / 64 SpD / 144 Spe
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder
- Sludge Bomb
- Toxic Spikes

Tspikes/sleep all good, checks keld and azu n shit. Rle not that good of mon, but can fit teams every once in a while

grab your glocks (Togekiss) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 80 SDef / 176 Spd
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Baton Pass
- Air Slash
- Roost

Loses its ability to beat heatran or w.e/be a bitch with twave, but this goes really well with shit lite scarf keld/mane/sceptile etc. Also brings momentum with bp

call the cops (Slowking) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 88 SpA / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Fire Blast

I guess spdef slowbro would basically do the same, but this hard counters metagross/lop while still being fat af spdef wise. Rle hard to kill and doesnt rle give a fck about scarftar unless weakened which is cool. Also superior to slowbro in that most people expect av

Got one more set I'll post after spl finals in case someone uses it

Edit: MCM is a nice guy so the ttar, talonflame, and togekiss spreads are better now, thanks a lot

Last edited:
doesn't even shout my nigga key out, sigh. and its just the standard kyurem set back in bw, trc stop being a poopyhead ~_~ . hmm i have a lot of innovative sets, guess i'll just post the ones i used in spl.

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 240 HP / 100 Def / 136 SpD / 32 Spe
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flamethrower
- Earthquake

Pikachu-Belle (F) @ Light Ball
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 36 Atk / 228 SpA / 244 Spe
Rash Nature
- Electro Ball
- Icicle Crash
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Grass Knot

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Substitute / Quick Attack
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Whimsicott @ Lagging Tail
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Encore
- Taunt
- Stun Spore / Tailwind / Switcheroo / Memento
- U-turn

Empoleon @ Chople Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Def / 52 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Stealth Rock / Flash Cannon / Toxic
- Scald
- Yawn / Roar

Kyurem @ Leftovers
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Roost

doesn't even shout my nigga key out, sigh. and its just the standard kyurem set back in bw, trc stop being a poopyhead ~_~ . hmm i have a lot of innovative sets, guess i'll just post the ones i used in spl.

Calm Nature
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flamethrower
- Earthquake

Rash Nature
- Electro Ball
- Icicle Crash
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Grass Knot

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Impish Nature
- Encore
- Taunt
- U-turn

Empoleon @ Chople Berry
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- Yawn / Roar

Kyurem @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Roost
What exactly is one supposed to do with a pikachu belle??? Isn't electro ball basically entirely outclassed by Tbolt? Pikachu's not that fast- it seems like it'd be pretty weak for the most part. Lol, just another case of Ben gay using some mon that everyone thought was trash.

Oh and I love that Empoleon set, I use almost the exact same one with 8 less Spe, and 4 more Def and SpD. I kinda totally stole it from Paul Gilbert, tho. It makes me really happy to see it on here.

Tokyo Tom

Somewhere between psychotic and iconic
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Electric]

[2015-03-28, 1:55:51 AM] Henry: LOL
[2015-03-28, 1:57:03 AM] Henry: lol im first
[2015-03-28, 1:57:04 AM] Henry: HAHAA
[2015-03-28, 1:57:08 AM] Ryan: ....
[2015-03-28, 1:57:10 AM] Ryan: Delete your post
[2015-03-28, 1:57:11 AM] Ryan: please
[2015-03-28, 1:57:13 AM] Henry: NO
[2015-03-28, 1:57:14 AM] Ryan: You can’t do this to me

[2015-03-28, 2:14:54 AM] Ryan: i feel like someone who was sampled by flo rida
[2015-03-28, 2:15:04 AM] Ryan: like i made the instrumental but he used it to top the charts
[2015-03-28, 2:15:15 AM] Henry: you're like the zune
[2015-03-28, 2:15:18 AM] Henry: im the ipod

Last edited:

Calm Nature
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flamethrower
- Earthquake

Rash Nature
- Electro Ball
- Icicle Crash
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Grass Knot

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Impish Nature
- Encore
- Taunt
- U-turn

Empoleon @ Chople Berry
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- Yawn / Roar

Kyurem @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Roost
Hey ben gay n_n
I really like some of the sets you posted here, thanks for sharing the innovation that's part of what makes the OU metagame progress/catch up . Oh and grats on SPL win.
I already thought of running this kind of ZardY, similar to a set some stall teams ran in XY to handle M-Mawile. How did you come up with it ? Was it a way to alleviate a bisharp/altaria weakness or something ? And do you remember what its ev spread does ?
You also showcase the trend of chople berry steel pivots, which is quite good indeed.
On Whimsi, don't you lack the lefties recovery ? Also, what does lagging tail do ? Give an offensive mon a safe switch into Slowbro or something ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)