Mix-and-Mega — Now with Primals!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mix and Mega Threat List
So, there was talk yesterday about a threat list. I messaged EeveeGeneral about getting a thread approved, but he pointed out that it would clutter the forum, and so he suggested I create one in the thread, and have it linked to the OP. He also generously offered to edit in a link into the OP in Flameusers absence.

I was talking to Ghoul King, and because I wanted one made and it seemed a few other people did too, I decided to volunteer to make a threat list. Basically, I'd like to consider this a precursor to a viability ranking, since, sadly, this isn't playable yet. There are a plethora of options to play with in this metagame, and here's a place where you can share effective (and hopefully creative) sets.

Formatting:

(Use the sprites from here for your images please, just to make things nice and uniform.)

Noivern @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Frisk ---> No Guard
EVs: 252 SpA/ 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid / Modest Nature
Hurricane
Draco Meteor
Heat Wave / Focus Blast / Boomburst
Nasty Plot / Focus Blast

Noivern with Pidgeotite is basically just Mega Pidgeot V.2. It can work effectively with a number of sets too, unlike Bird Jesus. It gets incredible 162 Spa and 143 Spe and no miss Hurricane, paired with passable bulk. Sadly, it falls just shy of reaching 145 Spe to tie w/ Sceptile, though that's not likely to be a problem here.

I can't wait to hear your ideas! Just reply to this post with your set, or tag me in your post, and (as long as it isn't an obviously trash set) I will add it to the list

Mamoswine @ Lucarionite
Ability: Thick Fat ---> Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
Earthquake
Ice Shard
Icicle Spear
Freeze Dry

Freeze Dry Mamo is already great in OU, but now it has 165/95/102 attacking stats, and the incredible adaptability. When I first mentioned this set a page back, I pointed out that it has a very slim chance to ohko full defense Lugia- through Multiscale- w/ icicle spear. It's also capable of outspeeding ohkoing standard palkia w/ freeze dry. It has fxnally unresisted coverage with just its stabs, so it's basically as spamable as Lopunny now. It's speed also lets it outpace things with 101 Spe or less, including (just as some options) salamencite Landorus T, altarianite Lando I, and anything slower.

Roserade @ Red Orb
Abillity: Natural Cure --> Desolate Land
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Weather Ball
- Leaf Storm / Solar Beam
- Hidden Power Ground / Shadow Ball
- Growth

Ever since we allowed the primal's orbs to be held by Pokemon, Roserade was always thought to be one of the best users of Red Orb, and it has lived up to this hype. Red Orb Roserade can preform the role of a great wallbreaker, Utilizing Desolate Land to do its job, giving it access to things like STAB Weather Ball boosted by both the sun and it's effect, a +2 special attack growth coming of it's impressive base 175 SpA, allowing it to deal massive damage to even Pokemon like Giratina and Sabelnite Blissey, and unlike some other Red Orb users out there, the ability to deal with Water type Blue Orb users, since when they switch in they fear having to take a STAB Leaf Storm, which really hurts. Unfortunately, Roserade is rather slow, so it doesn't like having to deal with fast mons like users of Pidgeotite, and it's rather frail with 60/85/105 defenses, so it does require a bit of support against these pokemon, but even with these flaws its still great none the less

Diggersby @ Medichamite
Ability: Huge Power ---> Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly nature
Earthquake
Swords dance
Quick Attack
Ice Punch

Standard OU SD bunny, V.2. This thing is fairly simple; set up swords dance and sweep. Ice punch is great for all the dragons that will inevitably pop up, earthquake is primary STAB, doing obscene damage to a lot of stuff. Finally Quick Attack to finish stuff off. And I mean come on- look at those cheeks!

Azumarill @ Mawilite
Ability: Sap Sipper ---> Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Spe / 252 HP
Adamant nature
Play Rough
Belly Drum
Aqua Jet
Ice Punch

And then Diggersby's cousin, Azumarill showed up. That's when things got really exciting... This thing sounds so good. 100/120/120 defenses are nothing to laugh at. Paired w/ 70 Atk and huge power- suddenly you have the scariest belly jet sweeper the world has never known. Unfortunately, it's not all fun and games for the aquatic rodent. It has NO recovery, so passing it a sub is a great idea, and hazard removal is a must. But after that- gg. It def requires some support, but who cares? It's worth it to sweep with one of the cutest mons to ever grace the OU turf.
After lurking a bit more I like this variant of the dragon nido better.

Nidoqueen @ Charizardite X
90/92/87/75/85/76
To
90/138/120/96/85/76
Nature: Careful (+SpDef - SpAtk)/Adamant (+Atk - SpAtk)
Evs:248 HP, 252 Atk, 8 SpDef / a more optimized variant
Dragon Tail
Poison Jab
Stealth Rock/Sucker Punch
Torment/Sucker Punch

The goal of this set is to bulk through and shuffle the opposing team. It's built with respectable 90/120/85 bulk, but what makes the set is Torment: its only weaknesses are ice, ground, psychic and dragon, and only a handful of pokemon carry more than one of those types at a time. Its bulk is therefore augmented, and it can attack and shuffle accordingly with its Tough Claws boosted stabs and priority. it can eschew priority or torment for Stealth Rocks, which it can set up in many instances thanks to its good defensive typing.
Resistances:
water, fire, poison, fighting, electric, bug, grass(x4)
Weaknesses:dragon, ice, ground, psychic.

I think it could be touched up a little but it could do well against the many new fairystoners that will be popping up and could be a good check to a handful of other things.

Dragonite @ Altarianite
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Substitute

No clue on EVs, but this is basically Altaria with Extreme Speed instead of Return. If Dragonite got Swords dance instead of Dragon Dance, this would truly be probably the funniest thing of all time. Except funny in a bad way. A bad way that makes you wish Extreme Speed wasn't a move and that Pixilate wasn't an ability.

Noivern @ Altarianite
Ability: Infiltrator -> Pixilate
Type: Flying/Fairy (I have been informed that Dragon is actually Noivern's secondary typing. Thanks, GameFreak.)
Stats: 85/110/100/137/80/123
EVs: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
Modest Nature
-Boomburst
-Fire Blast
-Roost
-Hurricane

And you thought Gardevoir was scary. (It is.) Alright, so this is only 137 SpA vs. Gardy's 165. Noivern simply makes up for that with a higher-BP move.
I'll admit, I just wanted to make something good for Boomburst, but Noivern's just the mon to do it, with amazing speed and pretty respectable bulk at 85/100/80 with Altarianite.

Boomburst, what with its 140 BP stacked with Pixilate and STAB while carrying zero drawbacks, is the primary attacking move. If you've seen Mega Gardevoir or Specs Sylveon in action, you know what this can do (albeit with its lower-powered cousin). Fire Blast hits Steel-types super-effectively. Roost recovers, of course. Hurricane is secondary STAB and thus the primary option for the final slot to break through Fire-types that otherwise wall this set, but use caution because of Hurricane's notoriously shaky accuracy. The EVs max out Special Attack and Speed, with a Modest nature being chosen because that lowly 137 SpA could be a problem.

Klinklang @ Altarianite
Ability: Clear Body --> Pixilate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Shift Gear
- Gear Grind
- Return

Stats: 60 / 140 / 135 / 110 / 85 / 90

With decent bulk augmented by a fantastic defensive typing, it's not easy to stop this beast from setting up, especially in late game. Shift Gear lets it outspeed all but the fastest threats in a single turn, and it has access to two very strong STAB moves in Gear Grind and Pixilate Return. With all the other Altarianite users running around, Steel type STAB will be invaluable in this meta, and Altarianite Klinklang has some of the best.

Blissey @ Slowbronite
Ability: Serene Grace->Shell Armor
Stats: 255/10/80/105/135/55
EVs: 4 HP/252 Def/252 SpA or 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpA
Modest or Bold Nature
-Hyper Voice
-Shadow Ball
-Calm Mind/Toxic
-Soft-Boiled

Bulky offensive threat. Hyper Voice and Shadow Ball achieve rather neat coverage, Softboiled for recovery, and either Calm Mind to become the special wall you know and love with an extra side of power or Toxic. I've put a couple of EV spreads here, the former being better for bulky offense, the latter for stall, which can run a standard Blissey set otherwise. Bold nature helps out with Defense, Modest gives you more power.

Last edited:
Mix and Mega Threat List

So, there was talk yesterday about a threat list. I messaged EeveeGeneral about getting a thread approved, but he pointed out that it would clutter the forum, and so he suggested I create one in the thread, and have it linked to the OP. He also generously offered to edit in a link into the OP in Flameusers absence.

I was talking to Ghoul King, and because I wanted one made and it seemed a few other people did too, I decided to volunteer to make a threat list. Basically, I'd like to consider this a precursor to a viability ranking, since, sadly, this isn't playable yet. There are a plethora of options to play with in this metagame, and here's a place where you can share effective (and hopefully creative) sets.

Formatting:

(Use the sprites from here for your images please, just to make things nice and uniform.)

Noivern @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Frisk ---> No Guard
EVs: 252 SpA/ 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid / Modest Nature
Hurricane
Draco Meteor
Heat Wave / Focus Blast / Boomburst
Nasty Plot / Focus Blast

Noivern with Pidgeotite is basically just Mega Pidgeot V.2. It can work effectively with a number of sets too, unlike Bird Jesus. It gets incredible 162 Spa and 143 Spe and no miss Hurricane, paired with passable bulk. Sadly, it falls just shy of reaching 145 Spe to tie w/ Sceptile, though that's not likely to be a problem here.

I can't wait to hear your ideas! Just reply to this post with your set, or tag me in your post, and (as long as it isn't an obviously trash set) I will add it to the list

None yet!
I'm gonna post some of the threats I came up with myself, partially just as an example, but mostly cause I want to add some, but I don't want to go ahead and just throw my own sets into the list of threats w/o saying anything.

Mamoswine @ Lucarionite
Ability: Thick Fat ---> Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
Earthquake
Ice Shard
Icicle Spear
Freeze Dry

Freeze Dry Mamo is already great in OU, but now it has 165/95/102 attacking stats, and the incredible adaptability. When I first mentioned this set a page back, I pointed out that it has a very slim chance to ohko full defense Lugia- through Multiscale- w/ icicle spear. It's also capable of outspeeding ohkoing standard palkia w/ freeze dry. It has fxnally unresisted coverage with just its stabs, so it's basically as spamable as Lopunny now. It's speed also lets it outpace things with 101 Spe or less, including (just as some options) salamencite Landorus T, altarianite Lando I, and anything slower.

As a side note, both those Lando sets sound way freaking good. Might just add that to the list...

Edit: ok, so not a single post all day, So ima add some stuff

Diggersby @ Medichamite
Ability: Huge Power ---> Pure Power
Jolly nature
Earthquake
Swords dance
Quick Attack
Ice Punch

Standard OU SD bunny, V.2. This thing is fairly simple; set up swords dance and sweep. Ice punch is great for all the dragons that will inevitably pop up, earthquake is primary STAB, doing obscene damage to a lot of stuff. Finally Quick Attack to finish stuff off. And I mean come on- look at those cheeks!

Azumarill @ Mawilite
Ability: Sap Sipper ---> Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Spe / 252 HP
Adamant nature
Play Rough
Belly Drum
Aqua Jet
Ice Punch

And then Diggersby's cousin, Azumarill showed up. That's when things got really exciting... This thing sounds so good. 100/120/120 defenses are nothing to laugh at. Paired w/ 70 Atk and huge power- suddenly you have the scariest belly jet sweeper the world has never known. Unfortunately, it's not all fun and games for the aquatic rodent. It has NO recovery, so passing it a sub is a great idea, and hazard removal is a must. But after that- gg. It def requires some support, but who cares? It's worth it to sweep with one of the cutest mons to ever grace th OU turf.

Best part is, you can run them both together! Who needs birdspam when you can use bunny spam?!

Last edited:

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
I guess I might as well contribute

Roserade @ Red Orb
Abillity: Natural Cure --> Desolate Land
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Weather Ball
- Leaf Storm / Solar Beam
- Hidden Power Ground / Shadow Ball
- Growth

Ever since we allowed the primal's orbs to be held by Pokemon, Roserade was always thought to be one of the best users of Red Orb, and it has lived up to this hype. Red Orb Roserade can preform the role of a great wallbreaker, Utilizing Desolate Land to do its job, giving it access to things like STAB Weather Ball boosted by both the sun and it's effect, a +2 special attack growth coming of it's impressive base 175 SpA, allowing it to deal massive damage to even Pokemon like Giratina and Sabelnite Blissey, and unlike some other Red Orb users out there, the ability to deal with Water type Blue Orb users, since when they switch in they fear having to take a STAB Leaf Storm, which really hurts. Unfortunately, Roserade is rather slow, so it doesn't like having to deal with fast mons like users of Pidgeotite, and it's rather frail with 60/85/105 defenses, so it does require a bit of support against these pokemon, but even with these flaws its still great none the less

Last edited:
I guess I might as well contribute...
Nice! Dual STABs are way cool, too. I think only dragon and fire would wall it. HP ice could be a good option, too. Synthesis could be an option over HP ground as well: healing 75%, iirc.

I should probs edit my own into the list as well...

Also, for the record, this thread hasn't changed purpose- I don't want people to post nothing if you don't have a threat too post, this is just an additional tool to use. Mostly just so when this is coded, this can be used for reference

Also, some defensive threats would be cool- this meta, like many, is very offensive, but there are many incredible defensive threats available as well.

Last edited:
I'm going to C/P a couple of the sets I've posted, for those of you who haven't seen them. Feel free to move EVs around or suggest moves or whatever.

Blissey @ Slowbronite
Modest or Bold Nature
-Hyper Voice
-Shadow Ball
-Calm Mind/Toxic
-Soft-Boiled

Bulky offensive threat. Hyper Voice and Shadow Ball achieve rather neat coverage, Softboiled for recovery, and either Calm Mind to become the special wall you know and love with an extra side of power or Toxic. I've put a couple of EV spreads here, the former being better for bulky offense, the latter for stall, which can run a standard Blissey set otherwise. Bold nature helps out with Defense, Modest gives you more power.

Raikou @ Latiasite
Ability: Pressure->Levitate
Stats: 90/105/105/145/125/115
EVs: 4 Def/252 SpA/252 Spe
Timid or Modest Nature
-Calm Mind/Substitute
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power Ice
-Shadow Ball

Electric-type with Levitate, full stop. Not to mention 90/105/125 defenses. BoltBeam delivers its trademark coverage, with Shadow Ball mopping up the rest. Standard sweeper EVs and nature (with the power-versus-speed decision).

Ferrothorn @ Blue Orb
Ability: Iron Barbs->Primordial Sea
Stats: 74/144/131/84/136/20
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
IVs: 0 Spd can be run for Trick Room
Brave Nature
-Power Whip
-Leech Seed
-Curse/Swords Dance
-Iron Head

Bulky offense, this time on the physical side. Primordial Sea takes away the Fire weakness, leaving Ferro with one weakness and a hella defensive statline, not to mention that attack power. Ferro can hazard-stack, spread status, or, for this set, sweep under Trick Room, in no small part thanks to having Curse to boost its Defense and "Speed" along with its Attack, although odds are nothing's catching a base 20 anyway, so you can run SD too.

We do need more defensive threats. Bulky offense is wonderful, but somebody still has to spread status, stack hazards, etc.

(I gave the Mons these colors to illustrate their typing)
Chandelure @ Sablenite
Stats before Mega Evolving: 60/55/90/145/90/80
Stats after Mega Evolving: 60/65/140/165/140/50
Ability: Flash Fire > Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower/Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Will-O-Wisp

Sablenite makes lots of things obscenely bulky at the cost of Speed, and Chandelure is no exception. 60/140/140 bulk is amazing, and 165 base Special Attack is pretty terrifying. However, base 50 Speed is a letdown, although since Chandelure is practically guaranteed to take a hit or two, this isn't a huge deal to me. Flash Fire could be used before MEvo'ing to soak up a Fire-type attack to amp up your own.

Hawlucha @ Banettite
Stats before Mega Evolving: 78/92/75/74/63/118
Stats after Mega Evolving: 78/142/85/84/83/128
Ability: Prankster
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Poison Jab
- Fire Punch

Prankster is an excellent Ability for a Mon with a status move-pool like Hawlucha's, and it also picks up an Attack stat three points lower than that of Landorus-T. Two of the downsides are that it just barely misses out on the base 130 Speed benchmark, and despite Banettite's increase in bulk, it still dies to many things, meaning that you can only get that Swords Dance boost if you're lucky.

I'm going to C/P a couple of the sets I've posted, for those of you who haven't seen them. Feel free to move EVs around or suggest moves or whatever.

Blissey @ Slowbronite
Modest or Bold Nature
-Hyper Voice
-Shadow Ball
-Calm Mind/Toxic
-Soft-Boiled

Raikou @ Latiasite
Ability: Pressure->Levitate
Stats: 90/105/105/145/125/115
EVs: 4 Def/252 SpA/252 Spe
Timid or Modest Nature
-Calm Mind/Substitute
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power Ice
-Shadow Ball

Electric-type with Levitate, full stop. Not to mention 90/105/125 defenses. BoltBeam delivers its trademark coverage, with Shadow Ball mopping up the rest. Standard sweeper EVs and nature (with the power-versus-speed decision).

Ferrothorn @ Blue Orb
Ability: Iron Barbs->Primordial Sea
Stats: 74/144/131/84/136/20
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
IVs: 0 Spd can be run for Trick Room
Brave Nature
-Power Whip
-Leech Seed
-Curse/Swords Dance
-Iron Head

Bulky offense, this time on the physical side. Primordial Sea takes away the Fire weakness, leaving Ferro with one weakness and a hella defensive statline, not to mention that attack power. Ferro can hazard-stack, spread status, or, for this set, sweep under Trick Room, in no small part thanks to having Curse to boost its Defense and "Speed" along with its Attack, although odds are nothing's catching a base 20 anyway, so you can run SD too.

We do need more defensive threats. Bulky offense is wonderful, but somebody still has to spread status, stack hazards, etc.
I'm gonna put Blissey as a defensive threat; even if you choose calm mind, you still are fighting a calm mind war, kinda like Cleffable or Megabro.

(I gave the Mons these colors to illustrate their typing)
Chandelure @ Sablenite
Stats before Mega Evolving: 60/55/90/145/90/80
Stats after Mega Evolving: 60/65/140/165/140/50
Ability: Flash Fire > Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower/Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Will-O-Wisp

Sablenite makes lots of things obscenely bulky at the cost of Speed, and Chandelure is no exception. 60/140/140 bulk is amazing, and 165 base Special Attack is pretty terrifying. However, base 50 Speed is a letdown, although since Chandelure is practically guaranteed to take a hit or two, this isn't a huge deal to me. Flash Fire could be used before MEvo'ing to soak up a Fire-type attack to amp up your own.

Hawlucha @ Banettite
Stats before Mega Evolving: 78/92/75/74/63/118
Stats after Mega Evolving: 78/142/85/84/83/128
Ability: Prankster
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Poison Jab
- Fire Punch

Prankster is an excellent Ability for a Mon with a status move-pool like Hawlucha's, and it also picks up an Attack stat three points lower than that of Landorus-T. Two of the downsides are that it just barely misses out on the base 130 Speed benchmark, and despite Banettite's increase in bulk, it still dies to many things, meaning that you can only get that Swords Dance boost if you're lucky.
I'm sorry, but I can't really see the point of either of these sets- Chandy is so slow in such a powerful meta that no recovery is the last thing it wants. Hawlucha isn't bad, per se, but you mentioned his support movepool, however you only have one status move at all, and that's not even a support move, lol. I do like what you're going for though, maybe you should run Pinsirite? That would give you good STAB to use as well as greater speed, which is incredibly important, at the cost of some attack. And maybe for Chandelure you could do do Manectite/Absolite or maybe Latiasite or something; you really want more speed, or at least you don't want to sacrifice any. If you'd post something like that, I would love to add them. Also that is a glorious username... YEASS! Lol.

Also, I'm gonna add in the sprites in the threatlist, but from now on, could everybody please include them in your posts? That saves me some time, and editing in each post among the plethora of hide tags is time consuming. Thanks!

Inevitable Altaria stuff, huh?
Well... how about THIS?
Dragonite @ Altarianite
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Substitute

No clue on EVs, but this is basically Altaria with Extreme Speed instead of Return. If Dragonite got Swords dance instead of Dragon Dance, this would truly be probably the funniest thing of all time. Except funny in a bad way. A bad way that makes you wish Extreme Speed wasn't a move and that Pixilate wasn't an ability.

Inevitable Altaria stuff, huh?
Well... how about THIS?
Dragonite @ Altarianite
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Substitute

Lol, yeeup. I def thought about almost that exact set, w/ EQ over sub. Speaking of which, if slash that, but I wouldn't say its neccessary. If EQ is chosen, more Spe would be preferable. I'm gonna add it as is, but I think it'd be good to include mention of those things.

Lol, yeeup. I def thought about almost that exact set, w/ EQ over sub. Speaking of which, if slash that, but I wouldn't say its neccessary. If EQ is chosen, more Spe would be preferable. I'm gonna add it as is, but I think it'd be good to include mention of those things.
I was actually gonna add some slashes in there, but I completely forgot. I'd recommend slashing EQ and Heal Bell (seriously wtf Dragonite learns Heal Bell?) for Substitute. And I'd also slash a Max Attack 172 Speed spread for the EQ set as well. But yeah. Dragonite's a real threat with Altarianite. Possibly Megas that give -ate abilities should be put on a bit of watch so that stuff doesn't go out of control?

Also, Audinite to put on Steel Pokemon, but sadly, Healer isn't such a great ability to have on them :(
However, in spite of that, you can run something a little like this...
Jirachi @ Audinite
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Flash Cannon
- Wish

I really have no idea if Moonblast is legal on this. If not, run Dazzling Gleam or something, I guess... :(
Either way, damn, this looks pretty good stat wise. As we all know, Steel/Fairy is a pretty amazing typing, and Specially Defensive Jirachi is pretty hard to kill. Now buff it's defenses, give it one of the best typings in the game, and buff its SpA a little. That's Audinite Jirachi.

I was actually gonna add some slashes in there, but I completely forgot. I'd recommend slashing EQ and Heal Bell (seriously wtf Dragonite learns Heal Bell?) for Substitute. And I'd also slash a Max Attack 172 Speed spread for the EQ set as well. But yeah. Dragonite's a real threat with Altarianite. Possibly Megas that give -ate abilities should be put on a bit of watch so that stuff doesn't go out of control?

Also, Audinite to put on Steel Pokemon, but sadly, Healer isn't such a great ability to have on them :(
However, in spite of that, you can run something a little like this...
Jirachi @ Audinite
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Flash Cannon
- Wish

I really have no idea if Moonblast is legal on this. If not, run Dazzling Gleam or something, I guess... :(
Either way, damn, this looks pretty good stat wise. As we all know, Steel/Fairy is a pretty amazing typing, and Specially Defensive Jirachi is pretty hard to kill. Now buff it's defenses, give it one of the best typings in the game, and buff its SpA a little. That's Audinite Jirachi.
Sadly, Dragonite cant have heal bell and multiscale together. Heal Bell is a gen 3 special move. Also, Audinite's ability is literally completely useless, but the stats are good enough that it would probs work fine anyways. Also, I'd run protect over Flash cannon.

Sadly, Dragonite cant have heal bell and multiscale together. Heal Bell is a gen 3 special move. Also, Audinite's ability is literally completely useless, but the stats are good enough that it would probs work fine anyways. Also, I'd run protect over Flash cannon.
Damn, really? Was wondering why there wasn't some cheesy Heal Bell Multiscale Dragonites out there. My bad man.
And yeah, really disappointing that Audino didn't get anything worth using.
Protect over Flash Cannon sounds good. I just threw Flash Cannon and Wish on as kind of filler moves anyways.
One more for fun.

Whimsicott @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Prankster / Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nature Power
- Giga Drain / Energy Ball
- Shadow Ball / Hurricane / Hidden Power Ground / Hidden Power Rock
- Substitute / Shadow Ball / Hurricane / Hidden Power Ground / Hidden Power Rock

Excessive slashes, yeah. Majority of my reasoning for this is I really like Whimsicott, but 117 Special attack with 136 Speed is pretty nuts. Nature Power becomes a Pixilate boosted Tri Attack normally. Run Giga Drain if you're using Sub, if you chose to go with a 4 attack set, then use Energy Ball. Majority of the time you're gonna be clicking Nature Power anyways, though. Prankster can help set up a Prankster Sub to help beat slower Pranksters. Chlorophyll can help beat Red Orb users though.

Damn, really? Was wondering why there wasn't some cheesy Heal Bell Multiscale Dragonites out there. My bad man.
And yeah, really disappointing that Audino didn't get anything worth using.
Protect over Flash Cannon sounds good. I just threw Flash Cannon and Wish on as kind of filler moves anyways.
One more for fun.

Whimsicott @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Prankster / Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nature Power
- Giga Drain / Energy Ball
- Shadow Ball / Hurricane / Hidden Power Ground / Hidden Power Rock
- Substitute / Shadow Ball / Hurricane / Hidden Power Ground / Hidden Power Rock

Excessive slashes, yeah. Majority of my reasoning for this is I really like Whimsicott, but 117 Special attack with 136 Speed is pretty nuts. Nature Power becomes a Pixilate boosted Tri Attack normally. Run Giga Drain if you're using Sub, if you chose to go with a 4 attack set, then use Energy Ball. Majority of the time you're gonna be clicking Nature Power anyways, though. Prankster can help set up a Prankster Sub to help beat slower Pranksters. Chlorophyll can help beat Red Orb users though.
I can't see this set actually being a threat, sorry. Whimsicott is just really mediocre for the most part, especially w/o prankster. There are just a lot of other things that could do this better.

I can't see this set actually being a threat, sorry. Whimsicott is just really mediocre for the most part, especially w/o prankster. There are just a lot of other things that could do this better.
Mm. Yeah, but imo it's niche in that it's the fastest (I think?) abuser of Gardevoirite that gets STAB from Pixilate. Would definitely need more than it's fair share of team support though.

After lurking a bit more I like this variant of the dragon nido better.

Nidoqueen @ Charizardite X
90/92/87/75/85/76
To
90/138/120/96/85/76
Nature: Careful (+SpDef - SpAtk)/Adamant (+Atk - SpAtk)
Evs:248 HP, 252 Atk, 8 SpDef / a more optimized variant
Dragon Tail
Poison Jab
Stealth Rock/Sucker Punch
Torment/Sucker Punch

The goal of this set is to bulk through and shuffle the opposing team. It's built with respectable 90/120/85 bulk, but what makes the set is Torment: its only weaknesses are ice, ground, psychic and dragon, and only a handful of pokemon carry more than one of those types at a time. Its bulk is therefore augmented, and it can attack and shuffle accordingly with its Tough Claws boosted stabs and priority. it can eschew priority or torment for Stealth Rocks, which it can set up in many instances thanks to its good defensive typing.
Resistances:
water, fire, poison, fighting, electric, bug, grass(x4)
Weaknesses:dragon, ice, ground, psychic.

I think it could be touched up a little but it could do well against the many new fairystoners that will be popping up and could be a good check to a handful of other things.

I really like the idea of this meta and voted for it in the omot thread and hopefully you also vote for it because i would really like to test this out, even though this is apparently not programmed yet.
I wonder, are the names after the evolution changed so that one can recognize which megastone is carried?

I really like the idea of this meta and voted for it in the omot thread and hopefully you also vote for it because i would really like to test this out, even though this is apparently not programmed yet.
I wonder, are the names after the evolution changed so that one can recognize which megastone is carried?
you did not in fact vote for it as nominations are still going on.

Details like the name changing are kinda unclear since it's currently uncoded.

Kay so new set incoming:

Landorus - Therian @Altarianite
Ability: Intimidate ---> Pixilate
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def (probs doesn't need that much speed, but whatever)
Adamant nature
Happiness: 0
Earthquake
Frustration
Stone Edge
Rock Polish

With a sky high 185 base attack, intimidate pre-mega, Pixilate, virtually unwalled STABS, and great 89/110/80 defenses, the only thing holding back Lando T is its meh speed. Solution? Rock polish. At +2, you reach a ridiculous 562 Spe, which is even hard to beat here, and you basically have a free life orb on return because of Pixilate. So basically you don't have any reason to run a double dance set cause you're already so powerful.

The desired result is that you can tell which Mega Stone was used, yes.

Also I've been underestimating how much of a reaction this has drawn if it's been nominated by someone I don't even know!

I'd say that ditto's niche of revenging almost everything is more prevalent in this meta full of scary set-up sweepers, but the opportunity cost is too great IMO

MaestroDeSWAG I see you're running Frustration, but doesn't pretty much everyone know about the Ditto trick? Also, are we even gonna see Ditto?
Everyone knows it, but why wouldn't you do it? You have nothing to lose. Once it becomes such common knowledge that everyone runs 0 friendship ditto, then it'd be best to run return, but until then it's still best to run frustration. Also, I think ditto might become a SERIOUS problem. The ability to potentially have an 870 base stat total, with or without an item, is not ok. I know it seems super gimmick, but that doesn't change the possibility of some serious brokenness. Imagine if primal kyogre suddenly got 220 SpA and 130 fricken Spe with magic bounce from absol. You're done. The game is just over at that point. Obviously this is just one example; I just named the first thing that came to mind.

Everyone knows it, but why wouldn't you do it? You have nothing to lose. Once it becomes such common knowledge that everyone runs 0 friendship ditto, then it'd be best to run return, but until then it's still best to run frustration. Also, I think ditto might become a SERIOUS problem. The ability to potentially have an 870 base stat total, with or without an item, is not ok. I know it seems super gimmick, but that doesn't change the possibility of some serious brokenness. Imagine if primal kyogre suddenly got 220 SpA and 130 fricken Spe with magic bounce from absol. You're done. The game is just over at that point. Obviously this is just one example; I just named the first thing that came to mind.
I'm pretty sure transform goes away if you mega(if it's even possible to mega when you're transform)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)