Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
is it possible to walk forever in gold/silver? like a route you can continuously hold a direction and walk endlessly?
Not really, but you can make use of Cycling Road after the Elite Four. You have to ride north now and again once you get to the bottom, but you can let go just before you get to the top to coast all the way south again. It's really only been the gen 6 games where you're provided with the perfect places to hatch eggs. (or at least get close enough that another egg cycle will get them to hatch if one wants a hatch location other than Lumiose City/Battle Resort.

I have read on many websites that you can't pass along the Hidden Ability from a Female Pokemon when breeding with Ditto. I am currently breeding, on my Omega Ruby, a Moxie Salamence (F) with a Ditto, and I am getting Sheer Force(HA) Bagon. Also, the Repeat Ball Salamence is in is being passed too.

Is this occuring with anyone else? Is this a new breeding mechanic introduced in ORAS, or are the websites I've checked wrong?

How do I put sprites into my posts? I've been gone for a while and forgot how and I'm having a hard time finding a thread explaining it using the search bar.

I have read on many websites that you can't pass along the Hidden Ability from a Female Pokemon when breeding with Ditto. I am currently breeding, on my Omega Ruby, a Moxie Salamence (F) with a Ditto, and I am getting Sheer Force(HA) Bagon. Also, the Repeat Ball Salamence is in is being passed too.

Is this occuring with anyone else? Is this a new breeding mechanic introduced in ORAS, or are the websites I've checked wrong?
The websites you have checked are incorrect; in fact, breeding a Female with an HA results in a higher chance of the offspring having the HA than if you were breeding a Male HA with a Ditto. Moxie is Salamence's hidden ability and Sheer Force is Bagon's, hence the Hidden Ability is being passed down.

How do I put sprites into my posts? I've been gone for a while and forgot how and I'm having a hard time finding a thread explaining it using the search bar.
1. If the sprite is directly hosted to a website (like here), you can just copy and paste the image, or drag the image to the comment/thread box.

2. Alternatively, right-click on the image you want to use, select 'Copy image URL', click the little square in the post toolbox next to the smiley face, and paste the URL.

The website may simply be outdated. Iirc, you can't pass down hidden abilities when breeding with Ditto, except in XY and ORAS.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Those websites must be outdated and only cater to gen 5 and earlier (where are you reading? All the major sources are up to date ie: Bulbapedia, Serebii etc)

To pass a Hidden Ability you can:
  • Pair a HA Female with a Male in the same egg group (60% chance)
  • Pair a HA Female with a Ditto (also 60% chance iirc)
  • Pair a HA Male with a Ditto (20% chance iirc)
Also, new to gen 6 is the ability to pass on Pokeball types to the offspring. A female parent will always pass the Pokeball onto its offspring, except if it is in a Masterball or Cherish Ball. This means that Male-only or Genderless Pokemon unfortunately cannot pass their Pokeball type

Or you can do this:

[IMG]http://www.serebii.net/xy/pokemon/461.png[/IMG]

To make this:

To get the URL for an image (like rufus said) just right-click it and select 'copy image URL'. The Wi-Fi forum has a reference thread for images if you don't know where to source them from. I personally like PKparaiso for the moving sprites, and pokesprite for the PC/bag sprites. Of course Serebii has pretty much every icon/sprite you could ever need so you can always just use them

What is the earliest point you can get a Starmie in GSC with the phone manipulation?
I think you can get the Water Stone as soon as you have Fisher Tully's number (Route 42). So, in order to have Staryu and Water Stone, I believe you can do it after Whitney. Grab Staryu by fishing in Olivine and start spamming the Daylight Saving Time after obtaining Tully's number.

If I purchase Downloadable Content for PMD Gates To Infinity on my 3DS, Restart & play my sisters 3DS, will I still have the dungeon?

I hope this is the right thread lol

If I purchase Downloadable Content for PMD Gates To Infinity on my 3DS, Restart & play my sisters 3DS, will I still have the dungeon?

I hope this is the right thread lol
No, you'll lose all data tied to your old save file upon restarting, which includes DLC. If you need more dungeons to play through, you can always try finding new ones through the Find a Magnagate option and any circular objects nearby. (though it tends to be a bit picky about how you line it up to actually get a reaction)

Actually..
I've restarted multiple times, & still kept the dungeons lol
Just want to know if I keep them when playing a 3DS, I didn't purchase the dlc on..

Actually..
Just want to know if I keep them when playing a 3DS, I didn't purchase the dlc on..
You could always try it yourself then and see if you still have them. You likely won't even need to restart, just make sure you're not in one of these dungeons.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Actually..
If you have the Cartridge version of the game and play it on another 3DS, that game won't have the DLC, this is because the DLC is saved to the 3DS it was downloaded on, not the cartridge

Hi, I was wondering about this for quite some time... So I know that strain 0 pokerus is illegitimate and hacked. But my question is, should my legitimate Pokemon contracted an illegitimate strand of pokerus, does that affect their legitimacy in anyways? Data wise? Will it forbid my Pokemon from competitive online features? I haven't been able to get any clear answers about this. And will I be able to transfer my now infected Pokemon to future games? Thank you!

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Well, nothing wrong with asking hardware questions, but there aren't many people with the necessary know-how around here that can help you.

From the looks of things, though, it looks like you've severed a cable/connector or two, and replacing those is no easy feat. Maybe a professional could look into it, but I think replacing the entire 3DS would be cheaper, and repairing hardware like that rarely ends up as good as they were new.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
How do I check my TSV? Esv? Without a pc? I don't have a pc
I get someone to do it for me. To get your TSV checked you will need to trade a checker a Pokemon with your OT, not something you received in a trade. To get ESVs checked you will need to have the eggs unhatched in your PC, save the game and hatch the eggs you want checked, then have them in your party and battle a checker (making sure auto-save is turned off!!!), after the battle you can just reset the game and the eggs will be unhatched in your PC again. There is a thread in Wi-Fi where you can ask for these checks here

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
That will not work for what I want to do. I am trying to find the stats on in-game trainers' Pokemon and it would take way too long to breed and train that many things.
Well hacking / talking about it is against the rules here. I don't really understand what you're trying to do though, why do you want to know the stats of in-game trainers' Pokemon? And how would creating / editing Pokemon help you find that out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)