Propose-a-Game / Request-a-Host Thread

I don't have anything planned right now, but I'm posting here to check if anyone has any interest in a new NOC game. You all may know that NOC is my preferred playstyle and I find it kind of disappointing that there hasn't been an NOC game in a while (the most recent game I can find is Great Idea Mafia, which ended in June last year). It might also be a way to introduce some new players to mafia, since NOC is usually easier to get in on (in my experience, at least).

I do have some minor experience with hosting (I was shinyskarmory's co-host for Twilight Princess NOC), but a co-host would be appreciated. Like I said, I have nothing planned so far so everything is still wide open; this is mostly just to check if people would be down with another NOC game.
More Cowbell I want to co-host a game, to learn more about game design. And I really like the idea of an NOC game. So let me know about it. Btw, can there be two co-hosts?

More Cowbell I want to co-host a game, to learn more about game design. And I really like the idea of an NOC game. So let me know about it. Btw, can there be two co-hosts?
I'd like to have you on board, Gale, the only problem being that I don't have much experience in balancing games. While there are plenty of resources available for standard mafia games, I can find very little on NOC. If there's anyone reading this who has more information or tips about balancing in NOC, please let me know.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Yo I was srs about Mobold Mafia; looking for a cohost to help with game balance as well as update when I can't.

Fair warning: my concept involves lynchpin(s).

game proposal: sheep

part trivia game, part social game that's popular at twoplustwo and over at pokemon online. the host poses a set of questions to the players; the aim for the players is to match their answers with as many other players' answers as possible without discussing anything with them,. There is no such thing as an incorrect answer, so if I ask "an electric pokemon" and everybody replies "Bob Dole," then that was the best sheep answer. Points are determined by how many people sheeped an answer; if 13 people answered "Bob Dole," then those 13 people get 13 points; if 7 people answered "Pikablu" then those 7 people get 7 points, and so on. the game can be a single set or done in sets of 3,4,etc.

Not exactly sure who the moderators of Circus Maximus are (why isn't there some easy list available?), but Gale and I have our role composition for the NOC game pretty much figured out, and I'd like to speak to one of the mods about how balanced the game actually is, and if it would get approved that way.

Edit: vonFiedler pointed out to me that there's an entire subforum for this, so ignore this post.

Last edited:
Hey noobs I could have sworn that a Disney Mafia had taken place here but I was browsing the Game Listing and couldn't find!

So I was thinking I would try to make one and am looking for a cohost to help in game design and running the game. Let me know if you're interested.

I'm in Disney World rn so my imagination is running wild!!!

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Spiffy Disney was one of the main factions in Animated Movie mafia, that might be what you are thinking of.

Anyhow I can help out though if someone else wants to that should take precedence.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
mekkah hosted a big game where the aliases were disney characters, i remember cos i kept asking Dale if he was dle's alias

also i don't know where else to put this but i had a dream where a game's flavour was a couple of people who caused a massive car crash eliminating roadside witnesses and survivors in the wreckage, it was extremely dark but i woke up before i could read my role pm :^\
so yeh i'm giving away this idea for free

Last edited:

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
While we've got whimsical games on the brain, looking for a cohost to help create an item-based mafia, Lego Dimensions Mafia. PM if interested!

Hey I saw the d&d 5 thingie so i was thinking of that

and i was on Showdown so i was thinking of mafia

and now i wanna host D&D Mafia

and i want a cohost to help make it / run it, and a bunch of people to support the idea

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'll cohost, I've had the idea for a long time (well, no fancy ideas to go with it, but maybe that's not a bad thing).

Know that right now more people play Pathfinder acidphoenix, but there's really no good reason you can't run a D&D one and be virtually indistinguishable (I assume classes would for the most part be roles). Hell, they could even represent different factions.

it was going to be mafia is an adventuring party, village is the monsters in a dungeon, neutral is (snip) or nonexistent, actually, as it happens

so, there is basically no difference, at all

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Looking for a cohost for Hearthstone Mafia. Said person will need to be fairly well-versed with Hearthstone/cardgames/mafia and should be willing to host a high-level, high-maintenance game.

EDIT: Found a cohost. It will be Quagsires.

Last edited:
If enough people are interested, I'd be willing to host another NOC game. I feel like the last NOC game wasn't exactly satisfactory as it quickly bled to death due to inactivity, but I hope a less gimicky game with shorter cycles will work better. The game will be relatively small, and to keep the game moving (and to stop people from idling because the game slows down) there will be relatively short days as well. The game will use aliases and take place on a different forum, to prevent name targetting. I won't be implementing elements like masons or overly complicated roles, just a standard village vs mafia game with basic roles.

The Portal

Theme: Horror
Intro: One day in abandoned house in russia Palkia created a portal to our world now we fight the pokemon that are taking over the world.

Setting: In Pennsylvania on news it shows strange abandoned house surrounded by millitary. All of a sudden A bunch of pokemon attack them and win, newspeople murdered on tv. Two men and his girlfriend and teenager run into bunker in woods. There are provisions for two month.

How it goes: The characters follow story and make decision on what to do. I am narrator and i also play an alakazam that is leading invasion of earth.
Character rules: What i say goes but if you have good reason for not happen logically overruling me then i make it so.
*No overly strong characters, if you watch walking dead i don't want million carol personalities, or darls.
*You all in same country, same connected area.

At start: The four people that ran off and hid in bunker stay for the two months which we do play out.
These are first characters:
Man 32 - 39 year old
Boyfriend 29-34 year old
Girlfriend 1 or 2 year younger than boyfriend
Teenager 13-17, may be boy or girl

You choose name you want.
People can ask join after the two month.

When ask to be character say name, description, and personality.

I narrate, you say what you do in situation.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
If enough people are interested, I'd be willing to host another NOC game. I feel like the last NOC game wasn't exactly satisfactory as it quickly bled to death due to inactivity, but I hope a less gimicky game with shorter cycles will work better. The game will be relatively small, and to keep the game moving (and to stop people from idling because the game slows down) there will be relatively short days as well. The game will use aliases and take place on a different forum, to prevent name targetting. I won't be implementing elements like masons or overly complicated roles, just a standard village vs mafia game with basic roles.
I agree on all counts, and think this is a good idea. Post details in the game approvals subforum when you're ready to host it. Do you have a cohost/need one?
The Portal

Theme: Horror
Intro: One day in abandoned house in russia Palkia created a portal to our world now we fight the pokemon that are taking over the world.

Setting: In Pennsylvania on news it shows strange abandoned house surrounded by millitary. All of a sudden A bunch of pokemon attack them and win, newspeople murdered on tv. Two men and his girlfriend and teenager run into bunker in woods. There are provisions for two month.

How it goes: The characters follow story and make decision on what to do. I am narrator and i also play an alakazam that is leading invasion of earth.
Character rules: What i say goes but if you have good reason for not happen logically overruling me then i make it so.
*No overly strong characters, if you watch walking dead i don't want million carol personalities, or darls.
*You all in same country, same connected area.

At start: The four people that ran off and hid in bunker stay for the two months which we do play out.
These are first characters:
Man 32 - 39 year old
Boyfriend 29-34 year old
Girlfriend 1 or 2 year younger than boyfriend
Teenager 13-17, may be boy or girl

You choose name you want.
People can ask join after the two month.

When ask to be character say name, description, and personality.

I narrate, you say what you do in situation.
I feel like I'm falling for a Xenu alt but I guess I'll take the bait: I have no idea what precisely this entails. Shoot me a PM with more specific details of how you want to run this game, the format, etc. I will also need some convincing that you can post rules and updates regularly that are clear and cogent for players to understand; if I like the idea of the game (pending further details) then I can help in this regard.

LightWolf can you help me out here: is this basically a horror-themed (non-structured, simplistic) Pathfinder game? Is there potential for this 'scenario' to be played out with this user and a more experienced host in conjunction? Would there be any interest in such a scenario among the Pathfinder community? Or is this just some strange new game that ought to be evaluated on its own merits?

It is like roleplay and may be succesful because it is a unique genre.
I won't need co-host.
And this game will be very adaptable.

As said i will narrate and they will react to the situation.
Not sure about interest but my friends liked it. (different topic though)

I agree on all counts, and think this is a good idea. Post details in the game approvals subforum when you're ready to host it. Do you have a cohost/need one?
Don't expect anything too soon, as I am somewhat busy with university right now, but I'll post whenever I've got everything set up. I don't think I need a co-host, since roles will be simple and the game will be small.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)