Smogon Simple Questions/Suggestions

Visit the Rate My Team subforum and click Post New Thread. Then follow the rules to post your team. All that's left once that's done is to wait, and a team-rater will eventually rate your team. You are allowed one bump if I recall correctly.
I confirm that you are allowed one bump

Also i have, can anyone tell me a good offensive defog set for scizor (With an adamant nature)?

I'd like to contribute a chart/table that can be seen by other users. What would be the best way to do that? I tried to convert a part of my Excel sheet to HTML and paste it here via the Code function but that doesn't seem to have worked out.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
i used that but now it no longer has megas, and it doesn't have contrary serp either
It does have megas - use the dropdown menu below the pokemon's typing and you can swap between regular and mega forme.
There's no contrary Serperior since the sets in the calc are based off the Smogon dex and the serperior analysis hasn't been completed yet.

I'd like to contribute a chart/table that can be seen by other users. What would be the best way to do that? I tried to convert a part of my Excel sheet to HTML and paste it here via the Code function but that doesn't seem to have worked out.
The Code function is more for showing code than making it display on the forums. A lot of times it's used for stuff like posting HTML for an article before it's uploaded. It does have the benefit of using a font where all the characters are the same size (Verdana, I think), which makes it easier to build your own table using | and -. Check out Antar's stats here for a visual example. Not the most ideal method for huge tables unless you have a way to automate it or something, but that's the best option I know of off-hand.

The Code function is more for showing code than making it display on the forums. A lot of times it's used for stuff like posting HTML for an article before it's uploaded. It does have the benefit of using a font where all the characters are the same size (Verdana, I think), which makes it easier to build your own table using | and -. Check out Antar's stats here for a visual example. Not the most ideal method for huge tables unless you have a way to automate it or something, but that's the best option I know of off-hand.
Gotcha, thanks! I guess the best solution in my case will be to attach an Excel file to one of my posts.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Where can I post for advice on a team? Not necessarily rating a team nut deciding what ev spread I should choose for my team
Try the SQSA threads for the tier you want advice on, if it's any non-ORAS generation then the general SQSA thread in Ruins of Alph

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Smogon's Wi-Fi Commissioner Nexus hasn't been online for over 3 weeks while people (including me) are desperately waiting for his/her help. When wil he/she finally get on and take action? Shouldn't a 'Wi-Fi Commissioner', someone who's needed often, be really active?

Not sure if this is the right place but w/e.
If you can't get in contact with a certain moderator there are always other moderators of that forum you can contact, Wi-Fi itself has like 10 of them if something is dire and needs attention.

If you can't get in contact with a certain moderator there are always other moderators of that forum you can contact, Wi-Fi itself has like 10 of them if something is dire and needs attention.
Can you give names of those Wi-Fi mods? Nexus still hasn't answered. Looks like he's ignoring me and some others.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
How does the tutoring program work? I mean, where do you sign up for tutoring and what does it entail?
You can read about the program here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/battling-101.42/
Around the beginning of each month, a signup thread will be posted and you can sign up when that is posted. One of the B101 mods will make a post about a week before the thread is posted so you can be prepared as the signups go very quickly. You're then paired with a tutor who will help you build a team and better understand the tier that you signed up for.

Is there such a thing as a good mega venusaur set without HP Fire?
just looking at the dex, you could try:
Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Leech Seed

leech seed over HP Fire is for beating Blissey / Chansey, added recovery, and forcing more switches

just looking at the dex, you could try:
Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Leech Seed

leech seed over HP Fire is for beating Blissey / Chansey, added recovery, and forcing more switches
Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)