ASB Council #8 - Applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
PSA: Term is 4 months.

The purpose of this thread will be to identify applicants for the ASB Council prior to a forum vote. By this point you all know what the council does and what you need to by on it, but the following are criteria you should fulfill before applying.

• Activity: Applicants must be consistently active in ASB. Applicants must utilise irc for the purpose of communication with fellow councilmen. Applicants must not be users prone to leaving on frequent, unannounced breaks.
  • Longevity: Applicants must have been involved with ASB for a lengthy duration of time. This duration of time is arbitrary, but important. In essence, we want council member to have an understanding of the history of ASB. If you joined ASB only recently, do not expect to be chosen.
  • Knowledge: This is a critical criterion. Applicants must be knowledgeable about the mechanics of ASB, and about balance and so forth. This can be demonstrated in various ways, including battling prowess. One must have a concept of balance in ASB, and must be rational and level-headed in such matters.
When applying, please post a little bit about why you are a worthy applicant and why you would do well on the council.

The process will be the same as last time: We will vote for the first 3 people on the council in the first vote, the 4th and 5th members in a second vote, and (only if there are more than 10 applications) the 6th and 7th voters in the final vote, thereby accounting for changes in vote strategy based on prior members.

With that said, apply away! Applications will last 72h, at which point the first series of votes will occur.

Best of luck!

hi
i want to do the council
i am a good asber because i have a bunch of badges and im doing good in asbuddies (entirely 100% completely of my own accord with 0 external influences)
also i like bastiodon
im kind of active mostly

also i was a councilor this term and i voted on everything i think

May as well apply again. There's bound to be lots of better choices, and, hell, I don't even vote, but if not, I'm available haha.

If you actually care:

• I've been constantly active for nearly two years in ASB.
  • I'm frequently on irc and nearly always on the forums.
  • I know almost all of the NDA by heart.

Applying again, because why the hell not.

Sure I may not be the best.
sure I may not be the smartest.
But I know how to make this more fun than it is now.

EDIT:
Applicants must not be users prone to leaving on frequent, unannounced breaks.
Dang.

Last edited:

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
k lets throw my hat into the ring this time.
  • Activity: I am stable, on IRC generally every day, and never prone to going on a break.
  • Longevity: I have been around since the beginning. ._.
  • Knowledge: As a Moderator/IRC QOp/TLR Designer/Tournament Host/Gym Leader/etc etc etc, I think I would be more than qualified in terms of knowing what is balanced and in terms of design.
Ummm yeah.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
... dammit IAR, now I need a new metaphor that doesn't involve rings and hats... uh... fuck it, applying as per usual.

I'm active, I'm a day 1 member, and I'm fairly sure I'm a mod because I know a fair bit. So... yeah.

Eh, I'll go again, just because. I'm active, I've been here for 14 months now, have 2 badges and can ref TLRs, and I was on the council last term so there's that as well.

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Let's get this up to 10 people!
  • I'm an active ASBer, was a Council member twice, and considered myself one of the best Policy Center voices - even during times when I've had to back off on other stuff in ASB, I still keep tabs on all Policy threads. For the record, I've posted in pretty much every Policy Discussion thread since the inception of Council.
  • Well into my second year in ASB by now, with only one 2-month hiatus in between. Went through events including Texas uprooting Deck, Deck's resignation from ASB moderation, Council, B2W2 / XY / ORAS, orci's last return, etc. etc.
  • My posts have so far been more and more rational (I admit to be a lesser firebrand, I think? Back in the days), I've a pretty decent concept of balance, having a somewhat extensive experience both in reffing and battling, and I would try to look for solid reasoning and maths behind each proposal before adopting a stance.

A new challenger approaches.
  • Activity: I don't do IRC as much, but I've been around as an active battler for a while.
  • Longevity: I was on page one of the first registration tower.
  • Knowledge: I'm a bit rusty, but I know a fair bit about the game while still being an outsider to popular bandwagons on IRC and the like. And I've also been a gym leader for a while, I guess.

Frosty

=_=
So Candidates are:

Leethoof
S0L1D G0LD
Rainman Legends
Gemoftheday
Its_A_Random
Dogfish44
Avnomke
ZhengTann
Rediamond

9 candidates, so 5 spots!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)