Project PU Sample Teams (OUTDATED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the feedback. I run Eviolite over sash just by preference. I ran both and I really look a liking to Eviolite over Sash

Agreeing with what megazard said above (though eviolite whirlipede just flat out inferior to max speed max defense whirlipede and roselia, I have no idea why you would use it).

Also Dundies is there any particular reason your Armaldo isn't max Speed? Missing out on Golem and Marowak doesn't seem worth a little bit of bulk, unless it survives very important attacks that it otherwise would not.

i actually gave it just enough speed to outspeed Solrock, figuring i could use Knock Off on it before it burnt me. I'll change that to max speed

Raiza

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender
Hazard Stack Hyper Offense

Simple Hyper Offense Team I had for a while. Whirlipede acts as the lead suicide spiker getting up Spikes and Toxic Spikes as fast as possible with Endeavor bringing pokemon down to 1 HP. Piloswine adds to the hazards by laying down Stealth Rock and deal damage with its STAB attacks. Pawniard makes opponent refrain from using Defog with Defiant giving it a +2 attack boost making it more lethal with hazards up. Tauros is the wallbreaker on the team, dishing out a lot of damage with its wide range of moves combined with Sheer Force + Life Orb. The team became very Fighting weak at this point so Misdreavus was added for a needed Fighting immunity as well as a spinblocker with Taunt shutting down pokemon attempting to Defog or use status or setup moves. Finally, Mr. Mime was added to provide another Fighting resist to ease the burden off off Missy. Originally this was a NP + 3 attacks LO Mr. Mime, but has since been changed to Scarfed Mime with Healing Wish + 3 attacks as the team was a bit slow for Hyper Offense and Healing Wish provides one of the teammates a second chance to sweep.

Whirlipede @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Protect
- Endeavor

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Spear
- Earthquake

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Tauros (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Rock Climb
- Zen Headbutt
- Iron Tail / Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot / Will-o-Wisp
- Taunt
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Healing Wish
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast

Edit: With the tier shift happening, team has been changed to accomodate these updates.
Just wanted to say to the ones that wanted to try the strategy and the team after Tauros got banned: Ursaring is actually a really good replacement for the bull, with Quick Feet and Toxic Orb now it's the fastest normal type in the tier and it's actually really good as a cleaner on Hazardstacking Offense, also Mr.Mime makes up for it if he loses too much health with the Poison thanks to Healing Wish and the bear works really fine with the team complex and play. I actually prefer Ursaring there as a cleaner with Protect to pop your Quick Feet right off the bat especially in the case you receive the heal, but Sword Dance as a Setup Sweeper should work fine too.
Of course Ursaring isn't as good as Tauros but most of the time it still manages to take you the game after luring the enemy team with hazardstacking.

TONE114

Last edited:

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
With the recent banning of Kecleon and Tauros, Tauros has been replaced by Nicolas Cage Ursaring on my sample team. Already made the changes to the sample team.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Here is my team that got me through 3 weeks of the PU tour, but then i used the wrong torterra team in my last game x_x. I originally posted this for the RP torterra request in the teambuilding request thingy, as my other rp torterra team was too gimmicky, and scorp ended up posting his and i started to use this and i felt it is pretty decent so im posting here. Also lol at this vm.

Torterra @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
Jolly Nature
- Rock Polish
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Vacuum Wave

Rapidash @ Charcoal
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Drill Run
- Morning Sun

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Technician
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Healing Wish
- Baton Pass

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Icicle Spear
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Ability: Sap Sipper
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Overheat

As i have already said, this team is based around Rock Polish Torterra, which is a cool sweeper that needs a decent amount of team support to do well. Immediately after deciding this, I wanted to pair it with special Poliwrath as it not only beats both common Ice Shard users, Piloswine and Sneasel, but it also baits in Pokemon like Tangela which torterra struggles with. Rapidash was added as more reliable answer to Grass-types, a faster Pokemon, as well as a Ninetales check, which this team needed. After some testing i made the set which everybody uses today (yes im claiming innovation), as it bluffs a choice item and Mourning Sun allows it to check said pokes throughout the battle. I still needed more speed, so i decided on using scarf Mr Mime, as it can revenge kill, and heal up torterra if necessary, while baton passing on pokes like lickilicky which torterra uses as set up fodder. Next up is my stealth rocker and primary electric check, Piloswine. It also provides priority and a general switch in which i often didnt mind sacking as i have another Ground-type. Zebstrika was chosen as my last Pokemon as it can revenge kill non scarf or boosted pokes more effectively as it has more strength and coverage. I also found that it put in the most work as it was a Piloswine lure (2*Hp grass+ 1 overheat KOs- and most of the time pilo rock t1), and would offensively pressure Flying-types.

Although this team is designed for Torterra to sweep, often i will just use it as a mid game wallbreaker and let Rapidash or Zebstrika clean late game. Also remember that you can always switch out a weakened Torterra and healing wish up and sweep with it later.

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Removed outdated teams. Added in Anty's team and updated Tone's team.

Also started on Magnemite 's suggestion of ordering the teams from most recent to oldest.

ManOfMany

I can make anything real
is a Tiering Contributor
So this is going to be my first post in the PU section. It's a dark spam core between Mightyena and Pawniard on spike stack. Enjoy.

Dark Spam On Spikes

So the basis of this team is to set hazards up with bulky Whirlipede and Golem, keep them up with Pawniard and Misdreavus, and to sweep with Mightyena or Mr. Mime.

So with Pawniard dropping down to PU I thought it would be a cool idea to make a dark spam team centralizing around spike stack offensive

The main goal of this team is to get up hazards with Whirlpede and to knock something down with Endeavor. I prefer the Eviolite set over the Sash set so I went with it. From there we can do the normal Golem thing and set up rocks and hit some stuff. Kinda straight forward. Next up we have our hazard support squad in spin blocking Misdreavus and Defiant Pawniard. These two work to keep your hazards up, or to get an advantage from your opponents using Defog. Next up comes Mightyena. Now this mon is really cool because not only does it get access to STAB Sucker Punch and Moxie, but it's also the only dark type in PU that doesn't lose to Poliwrath thanks to Play Rough. Really under rated mon. And lastly we have Mr.Mime who is our late game cleaner/ switch in to Poliwrath Vacuum Waves. It also adds Healing Wish support to help out.

Whirlipede @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Protect
- Endeavor

Golem @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Sucker Punch

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Def / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Pain Split

Mightyena @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Crunch
- Play Rough
- Iron Tail

Pawniard @ Eviolite
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast
- Healing Wish
The color scheme of your team really annoys me. You have 5 purplish grayish mons and then you have Mr.Mime...

Also, I don't see the point of not running Max Speed on Pawniard, it is important to outrun Rampardos and Aurorus.

Raiza

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender
Since we are in suspect times I figured out to post a team I built around Kecleon some days ago, which worked out pretty well in the ladder, gaining me the first spot into it. I'm going to share it because I got lucked out of the PU tournament(the game I won I was using this team) and there are still no teams with Kecleon in there so this will give an occasion to people that don't really have a clear opinion about the chameleon to try him out a bit.

quick description:
This team is a balanced that makes use of Spikestacking thanks to Roselia that puts to sleep dangerous threats to the team like bulky fighting mons and Probopass, who places Stealth Rock, uses Toxic on opponent's key pokémons and makes a really good volturn core with Pelipper, also helping and making Keclon even more broken giving him way more switch ins. The team is pretty slow paced but most of the times Pawniard and Kecleon's priorities make up for it. Misdreavus works as a spinblocker and with Will-O-Wisp it lures the opponent's team, also giving various occations of cleaning to Kecleon and Pawniard, which usually enters on Defog users and takes advantage of it with Defiant.

chameleon (Kecleon) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Fake Out

Pelipper @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt

Probopass @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 172 SpD / 84 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Volt Switch
- Power Gem

Roselia @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder

(Kadabra) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Encore

After testing and trying a lot of possible replacements for Kecleon there in my sample team I just found out that Kadabra works fine enough as a cleaner over Kecleon. The team loses a great check for Special Attacking Threats, which isn't really needed considering I already have some bulky pokemon, but gains some pace, which the team really lacked( it actually was one of the few flaws of the team because it was very slow overall and the only true revengekiller was Kecleon with its priorities, with Sucker Punch being 50/50 based anyway). Kadabra heavily appreciates Hazardstacking to weaken its checks and slow volturn to bring it on the field with safety so with this replacement you could also remove Hurricane from Pelipper and make it with U-Turn again to bring in Kadabra to also deal against Fight-typing pokemon along with Probo's Volt Switch.

lord of team revamps

Last edited:
Basculin @ Choice Band
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Waterfall
- Superpower
- Aqua Jet

Whirlipede @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Endeavor
- Poison Jab

Probopass (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Volt Switch

Haunter @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 HP
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Pain Split

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Technician
Timid Nature
- Baton Pass
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam

Wartortle @ Eviolite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Foresight

Whirlipede can put a lot hazards, then endeavor opposing and giving a chance to probopass put SR, then volt switch opposing, so we can start to sweep.

Basculin 2Hkos Avalugg after sr and 1 spike with SUperpower, it aqua jet hit golem with sucker punch, haunter and a lot of faster pokes, with SR and 1 spike it simply blown some pokes away with aqua jet, waterfall is he best STAB and can do a lot of damage when neutrAL(like against Mr Mime, Togetic), and finally, Double Edge gives a lot of damage to Poliwrath WITHOUT lose any stat(it base is higher after reckless too).

Haunter 1 IV in HP makes Pain Split a lot painful to pokes that he cant 2hko, like Lickilicky, Sludge Wave is a option beside SLudge bomb for 2 reasons, the first is the higher damage(not to high but can matter in rolls), and im aleardy using Toxic Spikes, so poison dont matters to it
Probopass can trap Steel Pokemons, put SR and then kill it, with 4 evs on Speed outspeeds Opposing Probopass and can kill it with earth power.

Mr Mime do a lot of damage to some pokes like Lickilicky and avalugg with HP Fighting+Technician, and all steel types, Psyshock is being used over psychic because ninetales endure it, and still 2hkos such pokes, as a Spd Throh and Spd Wrath, Dazzling Gleam is it secondary and solid STAB, with no immunities against it, and hitting dark types as well, finally Baton pass is for the momentum, for switches like Togetic.

Wartortle is the last, im using it over avalugg because of it access to Foresight and use rapid spin with succes, scald cause burns, seismic toss can hit poliwrath, because of it Water Absorb

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Eyo! It's been a while since I posted something in the PU forums, so here is my lord squad!
It's a rather offensive Sticky Web team. The main goal of this team is to set up a Sticky Web and proceed to sweep with 4 very powerful attackers which can easily punch holes in teams.

I am sure we all know what Kricketune does. He sets up Sticky Web. Prevents potential hazards (Sticky Web, Spikes, Stealth Rocks) on our side of the field using Taunt and usually takes down a bulky Pokémon's health using Endeavor. Further does it Knock Off pesky items on common leads such as Marowak with Thick Club, Probopass with Leftovers and Golem with a potential Weakness Policy or Custap Berry. It also cripples annoying pokémon such as Dusclops, Roselia and Quilladin which like to run the Eviolite item.

Before people reply with 'Leavanny is better', I am aware of that. I tested this team with a Leavanny over Kricketune but Taunt and Knock Off were very useful for me and Leavanny didn't fulfill that job well enough. I also know Magic Coat would beat this set, but that's very predictable in my opinion. And this team has other Pokémon that can deal with the lead Leavanny set rather easily.

Frogadier his role is pretty self explanatory. It's a very good offensive Pokémon with a great ability which gives this Pokémon STAB on all of its moves. It has great moves in its arsenal with perfect coverage. Surf is a very reliable STAB move which can not miss. This used to be Hydro Pump but I kept missing on crucial moments and thus decided to replace it with Surf. You miss out on a bit of power, but it might save you the game. Grass Knot helps Frogadier hit bulky Water types, such as Poliwrath, Lapras and Carracosta. Ice Beam hits Grass types which my team struggles with. Tangela, Gogoat, Gourgeist and Tropius are the ones that gave me the most trouble. All of the mentioned Pokémon get OHKOd by a STAB Ice Beam from a Frogadier. Except for Gogoat, but after becoming an Ice Type, he doesn't recover enough back from a Horn Leech to where he can live a next one (assuming it's the standard Bulk up set).

Drifblim is a very good Pokémon in my opinion. It's very bulky and has 3 great abilities which help him in a different way. I went with Unburden because this is not only a supporting set, but it can also function as a mono attacking offensive Pokémon. Flying type is an amazing type, mainly because nothing is immune to it. I chose for a Weakness Policy Baton Passing Drifblim set. First move, Endure, is pretty self explanatory. Even though Drifblim has an extreme HP stat, it will fall to STAB Super Effective moves. Endure allows you to live with 1% and therefor activating the Weakness Policy which will give him +2 Special Attack and +2 Attack. This will also activate the Unburden ability meaning you can outspeed most common scarfers. 204 Speed EVs allows Drifblim to outspeed base 100 Scarfers such as Dodrio, Fearow and Ninetales after the Unburden boost. Acrobatics is the Flying type STAB move of choice. It is doubled power without an item. This becomes a STAB base 110 power move for Drifblim. Baton Pass is a great move on Drifblim which staples him to this team. Because most of my Pokémon don't have access to a set up move or didn't find a spot for it in their moveset, Drifblim will help them out greatly! A +2 Special Attack Frogadier is not something to take lightly. Most sweeps I get are caused by this set. Defog is basically a filler move that gets rid of all hazards as well as Light Screen and Reflect. However, Defog is not necessary on this set. It's easily replaceable by Knock Off, Phantom Force or Destiny Bond. I chose Defog over the other moves because my team is rather weak to Spikes and Toxic Spikes. Drifblim is definitely replaceable, but it's a really effective set.

Purugly deals as a Defog sponge. The Defiant ability gives him a +2 Attack boost making him a threat in 1 turn.
Fake Out is a very useful STAB Priority move that helps me revenge kill other Pokémon. Frustration is another STAB move that is easy to spam. Knock Off helps Purugly deal with Ghost type Pokémon that would wall this set otherwise. Sucker Punch would be an option to put over Knock Off, but Sucker Punch hasn't been as useful as Knock Off. Most, if not all, Ghost type Pokémon in the tier revolve around Will-O-Wisp, such as Dusclops, Dusknoir, Misdreavus and Gourgeist. Most of these Pokémon don't even have a move to hit Purugly with, so I thought Knock Off was the better choice. This does NOT mean Sucker Punch is worthless or bad, Knock Off is more helpful in the long run.

Yet again, I know Pawniard is the better Defiant user, but my team appreciated Fake out more than Sucker Punch. Also, I find Purugly to be the cooler mon.

Marowak is my Stealth Rock user of choice. Stealth Rock helps me break Sashes and Sturdy for my other offensive team members. As well as getting crucial damage on Pokémon. Bonemerang helps Marowak beat most common leads with Sturdy or Focus Sash. Most other Stealth Rock users are weak to Ground, Golem, Probopass, Stunfisk, Gigalith, Magcargo, Monferno, Rampardos and Torkoal are the ones that come to my mind. They all get OHKOd by a max Attack Adamant STAB Bonemerang. And a fully invested Marowak outspeeds the majority of them too. Knock Off is used to hit Levitating Ghost types that Marowak could struggle against, mainly Misdreavus, Haunter, Lunatone and Solrock. Double Edge is an overall strong move that completes the necessary coverage which Marowak can abuse safely through the use of Rock Head, which cancels out recoil damage. This can be replaced with Stone Edge which would also help with coverage. My team is kind of weak to Avalugg and Stone Edge is a guaranteed 2HKO on it. Marowak does need a Thick Club to be effective. If Marowak gets Knocked Off himself, he basically becomes useless. So that's something to watch out for.

Raichu is the final member of my team. Raichu helps me beat bulky Water type Pokémon, like the ones I mentioned before. Raichu good a speed buff in Gen 6, but it's Special Attack is still underwhelming. Therefore I decided to go with a Nasty Plot set. Nasty Plot is a great set up move that boost Special Attack by 2 stages making Raichu a threat in 1 turn. Thunderbolt is the main STAB move of choice. Between accuracy and power this is the best Electric type move to use. Grass Knot helps Raichu deal with the Ground types, which are immune to Thunderbolt. Focus Blast is there to hit Avalugg and Lickilicky mainly which kind of trouble my team. Raichu also helps with Flying types that are immune to Sticky Web. Raichu has a base 110 Speed stat, which outspeeds the majority of the Flying types in PU.

I think I covered everything on all mons separately. This is one of the teams that I made from scratch and actually work.
This team is also very fun to use, which is the most important feature of this team in my opinion at least. I hope you guys give it a shot!

Life Starts Now (Kricketune) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Swarm
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Sticky Web
- Knock Off
- Endeavor

World So Cold (Frogadier) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse

One-X (Drifblim) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Endure
- Acrobatics
- Defog
- Baton Pass

Let It Die (Purugly) @ Life Orb
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Frustration
- U-turn
- Knock Off

I Am Machine (Marowak) @ Thick Club
Ability: Rock Head
Adamant Nature
- Bonemerang
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Double-Edge

Get Out Alive (Raichu) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Focus Blast
- Grass Knot
- Thunderbolt

Shout out to GrimoireGod for the spoiler hint.

- Kasumi

This isn't the easiest team to do well with, mainly because it's weak to a couple of common things and you have to play around them just right, but I just RMT'ed it here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/xy-pu-untitled-22.3531862/ , so I might as well post it here.

Untitled 22
This team is built around wearing down Poliwrath and Throh for SD Sneasel to sweep. I'm not gonna write a huge description because you can just look at the RMT for that, but Armaldo provides spin support, Jumpluff and Zebstrika are good fast mons that help me revenge kill a lot of stuff, and Carracosta gives me SR and a Sneasel check.

Its paws conceal (Sneasel) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Inner Focus
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick
- Swords Dance

Armaldo usually li (Armaldo) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Swift Swim
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stone Edge
- Toxic
- Knock Off

Once it catches th (Jumpluff) (F)
Ability: Infiltrator
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Seed Bomb
- Sleep Powder
- Swords Dance

In total darkness (Haunter) (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Destiny Bond

It could knock out (Carracosta) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Scald
- Toxic

They have lightnin (Zebstrika) (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Water]

Last edited:

Raiza

World Defender
I also like Armaldo and Jumpluff

iNTRODUCiNG THE OFFENSE
also not Hazardstacking which is surprising from me

This is a team I built for the Core Laddering Challenge over the core Jumpluff-Armaldo that was assigned and brought me to the first spot on the ladder with another alt some time ago with a record of like 32-1 when Tauros and Kecleon were still legit so yeah it should perform same or even better since the Tier trends didn't really develop in a significant different way after the Suspects.

I felt like Jumpluff and Armaldo could have fit really well into an Offense and I didn't really build a pure Offense yet so I thought building one when I had the chance. Since this was the period when Buried Treasure around Zweilous and two other pokemon I don't remember was out I also caught the occasion to try it out so I figured to put it in the team just to see how it performed since the strategy really needed a strong Wallbreaker to open the enemy team like butter. Of course butter needed a solid base too so I put Poliwrath for reasons also stated in this post which I suggest all of you reading: http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...quicksuspect-vote.3528897/page-3#post-6089220
I figured out the team was really walled by Physical Tanks so I decided to add Regice, which also worked well as a Special Tank with my surprise even if It carried an offensive set. As a last slot I put Mr. Mime since I needed a revengekiller and the team lacked a recovery and was not really durable against Entry Hazards so Healing Wish made up for it.

Armaldo @ Leftovers
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Zweilous @ Choice Band
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Crunch
- Head Smash
- Sleep Talk

Jumpluff
Ability: Infiltrator
Jolly Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Swords Dance
- Seed Bomb
- Acrobatics

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Circle Throw
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Regice @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
Modest Nature
- Rock Polish
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Healing Wish
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast

Leafeon @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Synthesis

Golem @ Custap Berry
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Explosion

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off

Haunter @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Destiny Bond
- Trick

Whirlipede @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Protect
- Endeavor

Mightyena @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough
- Iron Tail

Quick 5 minute darkspam team i made (honestly it's incredibly similar to Sir Kay 's but i feel this is more representative of hyper offense cuz sash whirlipede + custap golem), made it to the semifinals of a PU room tour before i got outplayed + fucked up fwiw LOL. Basically Throh is gone so the only real "check" to Darkspam is poliwrath which this team just overloads with offensive pressure. Non-resttalk poli gets worn down incredibly easily and can eventually be busted through. Unfortunately this team doesn't really have counters to anything and a lot of the time you need to rely on whirlipede's endeavor or smartly playing with haunter's dbond. it's hard to manually get golem into custap range w/o spikes and custap golem can be anti-led p easily so you might not always wanna lead with that. i added leafeon because it provided a great cleaner and also it countersweeps sun teams. might add more later zzz

EDIT- it seems standard ss carracosta sweeps this team, will come up with a fix soon, sigh rip

Last edited:

Grim

The Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Leafeon > Scarf
Haunter > LO Taunt + 3 attacks

ez fix

Edit: Just to explain, Scarf Leafeon checks Carracosta while being a decent cleaner and revenge killer, and Taunt + 3 attacks Haunter fixes the loss of power a bit and can prevent hazard removal with Taunt.

Last edited:
Double Weather
699.png
062.png
144.png
581.png
389.png
313.png

Since Snow Warning Aurorus was released, I figured I would build around it to test how it went. When I was looking for abusers, I thought Articuno would be a really good choice, but then I realized it could also spam it's other STAB, Hurricane, in the rain. Thus, I built double weather. Aurorus, Poliwrath, Articuno, and Swanna are your main abusers, while Volbeat and Poliwrath are your Rain setters and Aurorus is your Hail setter. Basically the goal of the team is to punch holes in opposing teams with Choice Banded Torterra, Aurorus, and Life Orb Swanna to allow Rain Dance Poliwrath or Life Orb Articuno to sweep. Through testing, the team has done really well, but it struggles with some electric types, especially Raichu. You are forced to get up rain to outspeed it with Poliwrath or Encore it into a certain move, allowing you to switch into the given check. Other than that, the team has been great (and really fun). Enjoy :]

Frostosaurus Rex (Aurorus) @ Icy Rock
Ability: Snow Warning
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Blizzard
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power

Hey Apple (Poliwrath) @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam

Farticuno (Articuno) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Modest Nature
- U-turn
- Blizzard
- Hurricane
- Roost

YouSwannaGo (Swanna) @ Life Orb
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hurricane
- Roost
- Defog

Tree Rex (Torterra) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Bullet Seed
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Do I Bug You? (Volbeat) (M) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Prankster
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Rain Dance
- Thunder Wave
- Encore

Last edited:
Double Weather
View attachment 39818 View attachment 39813 View attachment 39814 View attachment 39817 View attachment 39816 View attachment 39815
Since Snow Warning Aurorus was released, I figured I would build around it to test how it went. When I was looking for abusers, I thought Articuno would be a really good choice, but then I realized it could also spam it's other STAB, Hurricane, in the rain. Thus, I built double weather. Aurorus, Poliwrath, Articuno, and Swanna are your main abusers, while Volbeat and Poliwrath are your Rain setters and Aurorus is your Hail setter. Basically the goal of the team is to punch holes in opposing teams with Choice Banded Torterra, Aurorus, and Life Orb Swanna to allow Rain Dance Poliwrath or Life Orb Articuno to sweep. Through testing, the team has done really well, but it struggles with some electric types, especially Raichu. You are forced to get up rain to outspeed it with Poliwrath or Encore it into a certain move, allowing you to switch into the given check. Other than that, the team has been great (and really fun). Enjoy :]

Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Blizzard
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power

Modest Nature
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam

Modest Nature
- U-turn
- Blizzard
- Hurricane
- Roost

Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hurricane
- Roost
- Defog

Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Bullet Seed
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Rain Dance
- Thunder Wave
- Encore
I know this isn't a RMT but how does the team usually deal with Rapidash? Looks like it could punch some holes.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Double Weather
View attachment 39818 View attachment 39813 View attachment 39814 View attachment 39817 View attachment 39816 View attachment 39815

Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Blizzard
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power

Modest Nature
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam

Modest Nature
- U-turn
- Blizzard
- Hurricane
- Roost

Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hurricane
- Roost
- Defog

Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Bullet Seed
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Rain Dance
- Thunder Wave
- Encore
I'm with RawMelon on this, this team is severely lacking. The only way you don't lose to LO Raichu/Zebra with hp ice is getting up rain and getting poli in, and scarf rotom isn't much better. I get that it's offense, but they're also far faster than the team, it's quite slow for offense. You're relying on just RD poli and volbeat's thunder wave/encore to deal with anything faster than +speed base 97, and everything gets a kill when it comes in and can simply run away from Poli. Bulkier offensive threats like Misdreavus are also annoying as shit as the team doesn't switch in and can only 3HKO. It's a nifty team, but I don't see where this is sample teams worthy.

Honestly I've said this before and I'll say it again; you CAN'T have reliable answers to everything especially on offense like this. You have to play around stuff and cut corners somewhere. Dundies i guess you can make the team less reliant on hail so you can run sash aurorus which gives you a safety blanket against stuff and freeze dry > blizz on arti, making it a more prominent breaker on the team, which somewhat alleviates the issue of bulkier teams, but it sort of takes away from the team. I myself have faced this team and it seems pretty solid in practice, although it may have its weaknesses. If you don't like get 6-0ed by something and have some method of counterplay it sounds good :]

edit- oops forgot it's 6-0ed by raichu

edit2: trc makes some very valid points which i might address later

Last edited:
ur issue with the synergy stems from the concept. using articuno with double weather and swanna destines the team to be flawed from the beginning. just look... you have 4 elec weaks in a tier with plentiful common electrics, 4 rock weaks... the issue with weather in PU outside of sun is the typing synergy issues, when compounded with the fact that hail and rain abusers have similar typings the team was flawed from the concepts beginnjng. i would not recommend double weather unless u are a good builder. i disagree with kingler. this is not "just offense". it is matchup reliant and very volatile. i would try aurorus + articuno without the rain aspect, and then add a spinner/rock resist primarily followed on with your neutral resists. torterra is more useful with just hail but i would still recommend a different ground or perhaps splitting it into rock resist + elec resist (not immune) not weak to ice such as an electric of your own

Montsegur Are you still looking for a rain team? Rain isn't that used often and it is kind of hard to pull of. I'm open up for sugestions!

Make It Rain ~~

Poliwrath @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest/Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

The main special sweeper on my team. Ice beam is for Grass Types and Flying types. Focus Blast is a STAB Move that does more powerful damage. Hydro Pump is another STAB that can deal a Big chunk of damage to Fire, Ground, Rock. Psychic is only there since Vacuum Wave is incompatible with a move or an ability.

Volbeat (M) @ Damp Rock
Relaxed Nature
- U-turn
- Rain Dance
- Encore
- Thunder Wave

Volbeat is an important member on my team since it sets Rain Dance. Thunder Wave and Encore can be helpful to mess with your opponets. Thunder Wave can slow sweppers down. Encore can be used so your teammate can get a free switch in. U-turn is used for momentum. The evs are just to make Volbeat bulky physically. Damp Rock is needed since it will make the rain last long and give my sweepers more time.

Zebstrika @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt

Zebstrika is an awesome special attacker. Lightning rod is an awesome ability since it asorbs electric type attack which this team is sort of weak to and raises it's special attack. I also noticed i had a problem with Victreebel. Zebstrika outspeeds Victreebel in sun. Overheat can knock it out.

Relicanth @ Damp Rock
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Waterfall
- Stealth Rock
- Rain Dance

Relicanth is here to sub for Volbeat if it gets knocked out. It can also set up SR which is always nice. It also has decent attack stat so it can also help the team and get some damage off some pokemon. Head Smash hits really hard to anything that doesn't resist it bu the recoil damage can wear it down pretty quick.

Beartic @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Superpower
- Aqua Jet
- Stone Edge

Beartic is my physical sweeper and it can deal with troublesome grass types and flying types that threaten Poliwrath. Superpower is for normal types. Stone Edge has lots of power and has a chance for a crit. Aqua Jet is for priority and Icicle Crash is for grass types. Max Attack and Max Speed is needed for it's full sweeping potential.

Swanna @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- Roost
- Hurricane

Swanna has access to defog which can remove annoying hazzards. It can also be a special sweeper since it has max Sp Atk and has life orb. Hurricane is a powerful move that can hit anything hard as long as they don't resist or they are specially defensive. Scald has a chance to cripple physical attackers and its power is boosted by Rain. Swanna doesn't really care about status since it has Hydration as it's ability.

THINGS THAT THIS TEAM IS SCARED OF:

Rapidash- This thing is just so strong. If Rain isn't up it can easily ko all my pokes with wild charge or flare blitz. So be careful of that.

Anyway if you have any ideas on how to improve this team I'm always open up for suggestions. Also let me know if there are any pokes that this team can't handle that well

Last edited:

TONE

is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Montsegur Are you still looking for a rain team? Rain isn't that used often and it is kind of hard to pull of. I'm open up for sugestions!

Make It Rain

Poliwrath @ Life Orb
Modest/Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Vacuum Wave
- Focus Blast

The main special sweeper on my team. Ice beam is for Grass Types and Flying types. Vacuum Wave is for priority so you can finish pokes that are weakened. Focus Blast is a STAB Move that does more powerful damage. Hydro Pump is another STAB that can deal a Big chunk of damage to Fire

Volbeat (M) @ Damp Rock
Relaxed Nature
- U-turn
- Rain Dance
- Encore
- Thunder Wave

Volbeat is an important member on my team since it sets Rain Dance. Thunder Wave and Encore can be helpful to mess with your opponets. Thunder Wave can slow sweppers down. Encore can be used so your teammate can get a free switch in. U-turn is used for momentum. The evs are just to make Volbeat bulky physically. Damp Rock is needed since it will make the rain last long and give my sweepers more time.

Gogoat @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Bulk Up
- Earthquake
- Horn Leech

You're missing some sets on half of your team. Also what does Bastiodon do on a rain team?

TONE114 yeah sorry about that i accidently pressed enter and then the thing got posted. I finished adding it in. you will see what Bastiodon does.

TONE

It isn't bad in theory, but I'd replace Bastiodon with either Carracosta or Relicanth. Both provide Rain Dance, has Sturdy, set up Stealth Rock, and has higher Attack so they're not sitting ducks after setting up for its teammates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)