Garbodor [QC 0/3]

Tricking

MALDINI
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 6th Official Ladder Tournamentwon the 7th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
Overview
Garbodor has access to Toxic Spikes and Spikes, a good bulk and a decent speed. It has also access to Aftermath which helps it deal with Physical Attackers. It has access to Haze that prevents set up sweepers, but it is very weak to Taunt and Hazards Removers of course. It limits the teambuilding in the sense of it has to be paired with an anti-spinner and a Defiant user or at least a fast Taunt user in order to prevent Defog.

Entry hazards setter
########
name: SET NAME
move 1: Toxic Spikes
move 2: Spikes
move 3: Haze / Drain Punch
move 4: Gunk Shot
ability: Aftermath
item: Rocky Helmet
evs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
nature: Impish

Moves
========
Toxic Spikes and Spikes hazards to set up.
Haze prevents the opposing Pokemon from setting up and sweeping the whole team.
Gunk Shot STAB.
Drain Punch to hit steel-Types.

Set Details
========
252 HP and 160 Def for bulk.
96 Spe to outspeed max speed base 55s.
Impish Nature for a better Physical Defensive bulk.

Usage Tips
========
It can set up and switch in against Fighting-Types, Physical Attackers without Earth-Type moves. It can deal some useful residual damage thanks to Rocky Helmet + Aftermath.

Team Options
========
It has to be paired with an anti spinner (a Ghost-Type) such as Rotom or Mismagius. At the same time Pawniard could be a good idea to take advantage from the Attack boost due to Defog. Then you can put some powerful attackers that benefit from the hazards set in order to sweep the opposing team.

Other Options
########
Fast Garbodor, suicide lead with Explosion and Focus Sash.
A Specially Defensive set in order to check better some grass-types such as Lilligant.

Checks & Counters
########

**Archeops**: it can use Taunt, Remove hazards and KO Garbodor with Earthquake.

**Xatu**: it prevents Garbodor from setting up every hazards and it's Xatu's setup fodder.

**Steel-Types**: they can do everything because against Garbodor without Drain Punch.

**Hazards Removers**: they prevent Garbodor from setting hazards.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
In the future, please post in the C&C index before posting a thread. I know it was just a few moments apart, but keep things consistent and such.
Put this into bullet point form as well and I'll come back and give this another look.

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Yo Tricking there has been a mixup, Dat Blast and I forgot to remove Garbodor from the reservation list because marilli already did it. What does need to be added is an offensive set. If you want to make it an offensive Garbodor set than you can do that otherwise you can choose another Pokemon to write an analysis on. Sorry for the mixup.

Tricking

MALDINI
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 6th Official Ladder Tournamentwon the 7th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
Yo Tricking there has been a mixup, Dat Blast and I forgot to remove Garbodor from the reservation list because marilli already did it. What does need to be added is an offensive set. If you want to make it an offensive Garbodor set than you can do that otherwise you can choose another Pokemon to write an analysis on. Sorry for the mixup.
np, i'll choose something else tomorrow :]

Blast

Member of the Alien Nation
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I think it's fine for a full revamp actually, the Overview should be changed to talk about the offensive set and different coverage is better on bulky Garbo nowadays

Haze is also legal with Spikes + tutor moves so it's better than Clear Smog

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)