ORAS OU Help, I'm an Idiot. (First RMT)

Ok, I know there some much better mons in the OU tier than the ones currently listed, but I enjoy doing some unorthodox pokes just because they are fun to experiment. I want to see what can improve this team or if there is another kinda underused mon that can replace the current ones.

Chun Li (Lopunny) (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Retaliate
- Quick Attack
- Ice Punch

My main physical sweeper, revenge killer and the core of the team. She has the usual job of coming out late and cleaning up what is left of the enemy team.Retaliate is something I thought of one day and has done some work for all the time I played with this team, this makes her a very potent revenge killer. I chose Quick attack over Fake out for the simple reason that wanted to keep Retaliate on her and she needed some kind of priority move. Ice punch to deal with Landorus, Lati twins, other dragon and flying types who would want to switch into her.

Allahu Ackbar (Emboar) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Wild Charge
- Earthquake
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower

Don't question the name. Emboar is more of Anti-lead/Offensive wall. I usually send him out against common leads such as T-tar, Heatran, or Ferro in which case he forces a switch or the leads dies. Im not really sure what to say about it, Wild charge for the flying and water types who switch in, EQ for coverage, Superpower for mainly Air balloon Heatrans or T-tars.
Before Leftovers, I had an Assault vest on him. I'm not really sure what I prefer since Leftovers allow him to live slightly longer through recoil mitigation but AV allowed him to live alot of Special attacks thrown at him like scald or earth power.

Diamond Body (Aggron) (M) @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Metal Burst
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Stone Edge

The primary suicide lead. I have a pretty cheesy combo for this guy where Depending on the enemy lead he can guaranteed a kill. Usually it ends up being a situation where I have to predict the enemy's next move. Does he go for the attack and get blasted by metal burst? or does he try to set up and I go for taunt/SR? Regardless, if I don't use him for a lead and use Emboar instead, he makes for a great Wall for physical attacks; Though I'm more likely using him as a Talonflame check if he wasnt the lead.
Custap helps him gets off a little bit more damage if the enemy doesnt use their own priority move or If I didnt SR before, get them up before he goes down.
Im considering replacing Stone Edge for Endeavor for more cheese.

Slasha (Weavile) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Swords Dance

A back-up Physical sweeper. Weavile is there to ensure that Cresselia and Fairy types dont touch Chun Li. At +2 Knock off kills alot of her Checks or severely damages them, Checks like Scizor, Talonflame, or Heatran. Poison jab is there to deal with the common fairies, Sylveon, M-Altaria, Gardevior; Though it sometimes tends to fall short on the damage ever so slightly, I'm not sure if i should replace it or not.

Blaire (Mismagius) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Energy Ball
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball

The main Special sweeper of the team. She deals with the common Rotom-W, Metagross, And can deal with Conkeldurr or Keldeo well enough that the rest of the team can finish them off easily. Though She's more than likely going to be sacked, She has proven to fall short on damage just once too many times. Despite all the disappointments, she's done exceptionally well at times.
I might replace Thunderbolt for Dazzling Gleam, for coverage as well as a way to deal with Sableye.

Pudding (Goodra) (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Mild Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt

The special wall of the team with absurb sponginess. She eats moonblasts, Dracos, and Ice beams without a problem in the world taking only a measly 20%. Though I Love Pudding to death, She cant kill well. She struggles to kill fairies with Sludge bomb, Draco Meteor kills alot of thing fine but kinda force a switch on my part, Flamethrower and Thunderbolt were there for coverage but are barely used. I'm almost positive that I built Goodra wrong is some aspect, since I seen stronger.

As a note, I noticed my team weak against Cresselia if Weavile goes down, or if Conkeldurr kills Misdreavous before she can get off her damage He tends to sweep as well, And If I don't break multiscale on Dragonite I tend to get destroyed by him. Other M-Lopunnies tend to ruin my day, if I lose the speed tie.

Please tell me if I wrote this wrong I'll edit the pieces as needed, since I'm not entirely sure how to write it properly and not sound like a moron.

Hi Teitowolf pretty interesting team. There are a few changes I would make to it. First I would replace retaliate and quick attack with return and fake out. In my experience retaliate proved to be ineffective considering it has the around the same base power as high jump kick and it's very situation. Most of the time your probably better off having a more reliable from of damage in return. I would also replace both aggron and emboar with heatran and rotom-w. Heatran is a much more reliable wall than aggron and rotom-w gives you a bird spam check and a landorus-t. My last suggestions is that you should replace mismagius with gengar since gengar is better in basically every way. I'll post sets for these pokes later since I can't do it right now

Last edited:
Like Aquarium1 said, an interesting team. First off, I totally agree with him to change Lopunny's moves. Quick Attack should be replaced with Fake Out to get that extra damage and the flinch. It also has higher priority. Retaliate isn't the greatest move either. With Fake Out on your moveset now, Retaliate won't ever be going after an ally faints, so replace that with Return or Frustation. Of course, with your special description, I can see why you don't use this. Mismagius isn't the greatest of choices either. It is totally outclassed by Gengar which can do the job better in nearly every way. Your team doesn't have anything super effective on Fighting types so Dazzling Gleam on Gengar is a good idea. You could also use a bulky Multiscale Dragonite to replace Goodra. I imagine a Roost/Toxic Dragonite would work to stall out. Weavile is not a check to Talonflame. You can replace with Bisharp for STAB Sucker Punch and Pursuit trapping + extra Fairy coverage. I'm not saying it would help against Talonflame, but at least it resists Flying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)