ORAS OU Memento Setup Team

This was my first OU team and is was pretty good when I made it. Sadly, Aegislash and Greninja moved to Ubers (I'm not sure when, I just sorta started getting back into competitive battling.) So, with them gone, I needed to find replacements.

Basically, the team is very offensive (I wouldn't say hyper offensive but who knows.). It folows a basic procedure every battle:
  1. Focus trying to get Dugtrio safely into battle
  2. After revenge killing and activating its Focus Sash, use Memento.
  3. Bring in setup sweeper (Currently either Gallade, Diggersby, or possibly Talonflame; but it usually doesn't make it to that point with suffcient HP to setup, provided its not fainted at that point.) From here, I setup while they switch out (Or not, sometimes they don't which is better for me.)
  4. Sweep team.
That essentially is the plan. Aegislash worked well here since it had great bulk in Sheild Forme and nice priority, but now I don't really have that priority. As for the team itself, I've put some optional moves that I think could work, but I'm not sure. I'll obviously start with Dugtrio, the main Pokemon of this team.
Dagut(Dugtrio)(M)@Focus Sash
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Reversal
-Memento

Dugtrio is my Memento user of choice due to its blistering speed and Arena Trap. It's low HP allows it to activate its Focus Sash easier, meaning Reversal will hit for insane damage. When I can, I let Dugtrio wreak havoc before using Memento, giving my setup Pokemon a MUCH easier time. Sometimes, I can't do that.

Swordsmaster(Gallade)(M)@Galladite
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk/ 4 SpD/ 252 Spe
-Swords Dance
-Drain Punch/Close Combat
-Knock Off
-Zen Headbutt

Now, Gallade pretty much replaced Aegislash. Since Aegislash had that nice priority and I couldn't really find another Pokemon that worked well, I went with Gallade - a good sweeper in my opinion. The set is pretty self explanatory however, I'm not sure if I should opt for Drain Punch or Close Combat. Drain Punch increases Gallade's staying power which will be important since it's vulnerable to priority moves. However, Close Combat is really useful due to its overwhelming strength at +2 once Gallade Mega Evolves. I think a Jolly nature would be better on Gallade as it allows it to out speed a lot more Pokemon, but Adamant works too. I can't decide which is better.

Maple Syrup(Talonflame)(F)@Leftovers
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
-Bulk Up/U-Turn
-Brave Bird
-Flare Blitz
-Roost

I choose Talonflame due to its priority attacks and priority healing. it's designed to take out the opposing priority attackers so Gallade and others can get thier job done. As such, I usually lead with Talonflame to draw out other priority attackers if I can. To ensure I can out speed them, I have full speed invested. Bulk Up is nice late game as it allows Talonflame to serve as a sweeper late game after Dugtrio uses its Memento. U-Turn is another move I can consider since it builds momentum - which my team would benefit from. Leftovers is there to increase its staying ability - as expected.

Brock(Diggersby)(M)@Red Card
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk/ 4 SpD/ 252 Spe
-Agility
-Return
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge

Diggersby is a backup option in case Gallade faints before Dugtrio uses Memento. Its Red Card deters other sweepers from setting up, and can mixup the opponent at times. It has hard hitting moves to make it more threatening. Agility is the setup move here, giving Diggersby some well needed speed to sweep. Again though, Diggersby, like Gallade, is prone to priority.

Whips(Tentacruel)(F)@Black Sludge
Nature: Bold
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP/ 240 Def/ 16 Spe
-Rapid Spin
-Protect/Aqua Ring
-Scald
-Toxic Spikes/Aqua Ring

Tentacruel is my wall of choice. Toxic Spikes allows it to put the opponent's Pokemon in danger, since poisoning or even badly poisoning them will make the sweeping process easier. Scald spreads burn, which will make my Pokemon more physically resilient. Protect is for scouting and for healing with Black Sludge. Aqua Ring is a move I can consider as it increases Tentacruel's health every turn. Tentacruel is also given the important job of being my spinner, since hazards will break Dugtrio's Focus Sash and cripple Talonflame. I needed a reliable spinner that can come in often and spin, not an offensive one. Else, I would have chosen Excadrill or even Starmie. Plus, I needed a wall so Tentacruel was my choice.

Stolen Washer(Rotom-Wash)@Leftovers
Nature: Bold
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP/ 216 Def/ 44 Spe
-Volt Switch
-Hydro Pump
-Will-O-Wisp
-Pain Split

Rotom is my replacement for Greninja. Sporting both Hydro Pump and Volt Switch - both moves that my Greninja had (Well, it had U-Turn, not Volt Switch - but you get the idea) it fits in nicely. Furthermore, Will-O-Wisp spreads burn which is very useful. Pain Split is for recovery and increases Rotom's stamina. Rotom also serves as a bulky wall of sorts, abosrbing attacks for me as opposed to my sweepers.

Thanks for any input anyone can provide!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)