Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

i have 1 question and 1 report:
Q - How exactly works acc boost / drop ? as far as i know, hone claws = acc +1 adds 33% to the next attack, in my question, i used hone claws on tyrantrum and headsmash with 80 acc, should be 80 * 1.33 = 106,4 = dont miss. But it happened to miss 2 times in a battle on showdown and in another battle, my adversary used hone claws on his aerodactyl and its stone edge, also 80acc, missed. Is this some bug on showdown ? it never happened on any 3ds battle.

R- showdown allows rayquaza on ubers to use dragon ascent, it doesnt make sense, since you cant have this attack on rayquaza without making it mega evolve

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
R- showdown allows rayquaza on ubers to use dragon ascent, it doesnt make sense, since you cant have this attack on rayquaza without making it mega evolve
This is intentional, and you don't mega-evolve by using it, you just have to have it on your moveset and mega-evolve like you normally would. They simply banned mega-evolving it.

This is intentional, and you don't mega-evolve by using it, you just have to have it on your moveset and mega-evolve like you normally would. They simply banned mega-evolving it.
meaning, as i said, rayquaza-normal shouldnt be able to have this attack -_-

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
meaning, as i said, rayquaza-normal shouldnt be able to have this attack -_-
Meaning, as I said, Rayquaza simply cannot mega-evolve.

The move is required for Mega-Evolution, but does not automatically trigger mega-evolution. It works similarly to normal mega-evolutions in that you click the mega-evolution button on your screen to do it. Dragon's Ascent does not cause mega-evolution in any way, shape or form, it's just a requirement like Blastoisinite on Blastoise.

ok, i will try to make it clear, in the 3ds, its IMPOSSIBLE to have rayquaza stay in normal form while having this attack, the showdown as a simulator of the 3ds game, shouldnt allow rayquaza-normal to have this attack if they want to prevent mega evolution in ubers.

Timbuktu

get bukt
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The move is required for Mega-Evolution, but does not automatically trigger mega-evolution. It works similarly to normal mega-evolutions in that you click the mega-evolution button on your screen to do it. Dragon's Ascent does not cause mega-evolution in any way, shape or form, it's just a requirement like Blastoisinite on Blastoise.
That doesn't necessarily justify Dragon Ascent being available to Rayquaza despite Mega Rayquaza being banned from Ubers. Sure, the "mega evolution" checkmark must be checked, but for pokemon like Mega Lucario and Mega Gengar who are banned from OU, their respective stones are banned from OU, effectively preventing them from mega evolution.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
ok, i will try to make it clear, in the 3ds, its IMPOSSIBLE to have rayquaza stay in normal form while having this attack, the showdown as a simulator of the 3ds game, shouldnt allow rayquaza-normal to have this attack if they want to prevent mega evolution in ubers.
This is actually not true. Rayquaza is perfectly capable of not Mega Evolving when it knows Dragon Ascent - you have to CHOOSE to Mega Evolve. You can have a Glalie holding Glalitite and choose not to Mega Evolve it too. Even when you have the requirements to do it, Mega Evolution is a choice.
and what about my question about headmash / stone edge missing with hone claws activated ?
This has been fixed (to my knowledge).

Hello, everyone. This is my first post ever in Smogon, so don't kill me if I do something wrong (please).

I'm trying to get into competitive meta-game, but I don't know the basics of what a complete team should have.

Please, help me build a team that works and performs as a whole! I'd be very thankfull.

Thanks in advance!

We don't exactly build teams for anyone, except if you ask someone who is extremely generous, or if you're in Battling 101 as a tutee. However, there's a list of sample teams that you can find here. Use those to get started if you don't wish to join Battling 101.
I didn't mean to sound rude, and I apologize if I did. Probably I didn't express myself very well. I'm not asking for someone to randomly generate a full team of Pokémon with all their moves and stuff. I was asking for some help to get into competitive gameplay!
I know there's the lead role, the sweeper, and that kind of stuff. I was asking if someone would kindly tell me the rest of the "positions" so I can start my own team.
Thanks for the response!

No need to worry, you weren't rude at all. I believe the aforementioned Battling 101 program would definitely be the place for you then if you want to learn about competitive Pokemon, in this case. Of course, you can also try reading a few smog articles, as those offer tips about certain Pokemon or various other metagame-related things (issue #39 in particular offers an introduction to synergy and cores, which you'd probably want to know about).
Yeeeeaaah that's the stuff! Definetely checking those smog articles. Thank you for the quick response, very helpful! :)

I've tried to get into a random battle this evening, only to find no matter how long I wait, it just continued "searching", not finding any opponents for me.

I was concerned that something was wrong with the network, so I wanted to know if this is a glitch that occasionally shows up, and will it probably be gone by tomorrow?

I know that I battled earlier today, so I don't know what it is that is suddenly making it fail to work.

I even tried an OU battle, only to find that that kept me waiting as well, with nothing to show for it.

I've tried to get into a random battle this evening, only to find no matter how long I wait, it just continued "searching", not finding any opponents for me.

I was concerned that something was wrong with the network, so I wanted to know if this is a glitch that occasionally shows up, and will it probably be gone by tomorrow?

I know that I battled earlier today, so I don't know what it is that is suddenly making it fail to work.

I even tried an OU battle, only to find that that kept me waiting as well, with nothing to show for it.
The ladders have been down all day. Hopefully this will be fixed soon, considering it's a gigantic issue (PS is a battle sim, after all) and the developers already know about it.

Reactions: JES

churine

lunatic+
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
This was addressed globally by chaos. The "look for a battle" system thingy isnt working like it should. Maybe you could ask for people to challenge you to battles?

EDIT: mfw got ninja'd

Reactions: JES
The ladders have been down all day. Hopefully this will be fixed soon, considering it's a gigantic issue (PS is a battle sim, after all) and the developers already know about it.
Well, I'm relieved that the problem isn't on my end!

Thanks a whole lot for confirming that there is a bug in the system, and responding immediately! It feels good to know what is going on here!

This was addressed globally by chaos. The "look for a battle" system thingy isnt working like it should. Maybe you could ask for people to challenge you to battles?

EDIT: mfw got ninja'd
Nah, now that I know the sim isn't working properly, that is enough for me. Besides, I'm gonna watching Agents of SHIELD soon, so I'm gonna just call it a day.

Why do your mods commit double jeopardy? I was locked for 7 minutes for contributing to a copy pasta. I got unlocked, and one of the mods re-locked me!

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
Why do your mods commit double jeopardy? I was locked for 7 minutes for contributing to a copy pasta. I got unlocked, and one of the mods re-locked me!
Generally speaking, you should try to avoid copypastas. In the future, if you get muted/locked/etc., and you feel it was unjust, you can post a Discipline Appeal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)