Mix-and-Mega — Now with Primals!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Registeel's a wall, why are you guys focusing on its terrible base 50 Attack stat? If you really want Steel/Fighting, you should go with this guy:
Metagross @ Lopunnite
Ability: Clear Body --> Scrappy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Nature: Adamant
Moves:
-Meteor Mash
-Hammer Arm
-Earthquake
-Explosion/Bullet Punch
80/195/140/95/90/100

Not nearly as bulky as Registeel, but it hits so much harder.

Registeel's a wall, why are you guys focusing on its terrible base 50 Attack stat? If you really want Steel/Fighting, you should go with this guy:
Metagross @ Lopunnite
Ability: Clear Body --> Scrappy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Nature: Adamant
Moves:
-Meteor Mash
-Hammer Arm
-Earthquake
-Explosion/Bullet Punch
80/195/140/95/90/100

Not nearly as bulky as Registeel, but it hits so much harder.
Technically, it has 75, but the point remains. Anyways, if you were to run loppunite Metagross, you should def run jolly. Base 100 speed isn't awesome in this meta. It'd hit way freaking hard tho.

So here's a thread I haven't visited in a while...

Jynx @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Dry Skin --> No Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
- Psychic
- Blizzard
- Focus Blast
- Lovely Kiss
65/50/40/180/105/115

She's still a total glass cannon, but damned if she doesn't hit like a truck with Pidgeotite equipped. Perfect accuracy Focus Blast is something most mons would kill for, and when you combine that with perfect accuracy STAB Blizzard, and a perfectly accurate way to induce sleep... I mean, Jesus.

I'd go for Zapdos or Mew if you want a Volt Switcher with recovery. They both have decent bulk, solid typings, Mew has a completely nutty movepool, and Zapdos gets STAB on Volt Switch.
I knew Mew had Volt Switch, but I didn't know about Zapdos. Huh. Yeah would rather use Zapdos then. It hits a pretty great 130 Speed with Manectite (why is it's base speed 100 LOL) and it'll hit very hard while remaining bulky.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Hey man, if you're going to go Offensive Registeel, you need to go all out:

Registeel @ Diancite
80/135/110/135/110/110
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Explosion

Hell yeah. Flex those 135 base stats! Plus you get decent bulk to boot. Of course, this can be seen as kind of a waste of Diancite, but it's not as terrible as I thought it would be in my mind when I thought about it. You can even go special too, although your coverage is a lot more limited (Flash Cannon / TBolt / Focus Blast / HP Ice is basically what you'd run).

Registeel @ Diancite
80/135/110/135/110/110
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Explosion

Hell yeah. Flex those 135 base stats! Plus you get decent bulk to boot. Of course, this can be seen as kind of a waste of Diancite, but it's not as terrible as I thought it would be in my mind when I thought about it. You can even go special too, although your coverage is a lot more limited (Flash Cannon / TBolt / Focus Blast / HP Ice is basically what you'd run).
Lol, registeel w/ higher offensive stats than defensive ones... Tf?

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Those are my thoughts exactly. I guess I just feel like it's not so broken in practice as it is on paper.
Now, what I do think would without a doubt be absolutely busted is ditto w/ kangaskanite. It could come in on any offensive threat, transform, then mega, so it's basically a sweeper that can hit from both sides of the spectrum and has basically choice specs and choice band at the same time, w/o locking it into a move. It provides a boost to both Atk and SpA, so it'd work really well. It also provides a small boost to speed, which is really good too. Other than that, most, or at least many, powerful moves have some drawback, i.e., V-create's stat drop, that's doubled for just an additional 50% increase in power. Accuracy works in a similar manner- the odds that you will hit two fire blasts is only 72.25%. Possibly less- I feel like I might be missing something.
Hey I'm spoiling your fun with mechanics since 2014.

Ditto will mega-evolve into mega-ditto, which will use Ditto's base stats as a base. Then, when you switch out, you'll be mega-ditto with only transform.

So here's a thread I haven't visited in a while...

Jynx @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Dry Skin --> No Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
- Psychic
- Blizzard
- Focus Blast
- Lovely Kiss
65/50/40/180/105/115

She's still a total glass cannon, but damned if she doesn't hit like a truck with Pidgeotite equipped. Perfect accuracy Focus Blast is something most mons would kill for, and when you combine that with perfect accuracy STAB Blizzard, and a perfectly accurate way to induce sleep... I mean, Jesus.
There's actually a lot of better abusers of perfect sleep, I mean, jynx has literally one of, (if not the #1) worst defensive typing, ever. I think gengar would actually be crazy good, despite being unable to use Gengarite if you opt for Pidgeotite. That's probably not even the best one, it's just an option. Another problem with this is how week it is to priority. It just RIPS jynx to shreds.

Also, I'm gonna go back and update the threatlist. It'd be way cool if everyone who posted a set that they want on there would edit in an image for it to save me some time.

Hey I'm spoiling your fun with mechanics since 2014.

Ditto will mega-evolve into mega-ditto, which will use Ditto's base stats as a base. Then, when you switch out, you'll be mega-ditto with only transform.
Sorry for the double post guys, this just came up.

Thank helix for that, actually. So then, what I'm wondering tho, is how would that work with imposter? If imposter activates as soon as you switch in, wouldn't that out prioritize mega evolving? I'm just curious how this would work.

Seriously though, id rather ditto w/o double Megas, I'm just curious how that'll work.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, is there any way to post sets without saving an image? If so I'd start doing that from now on.

To makes sure this post isn't completely useless, could some Pokemon currently in Ubers hold Mega Stones?
Greninja, Aegislash, and Skymin with Megastones would be relatively harmless, I think.
Actually I take that back Aegis-Shield with Sablenite would be legitimately retarded.
But Greninja with a Megastone would be mostly pointless, so I think that should be looked into.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Sorry for the double post guys, this just came up.

Thank helix for that, actually. So then, what I'm wondering tho, is how would that work with imposter? If imposter activates as soon as you switch in, wouldn't that out prioritize mega evolving? I'm just curious how this would work.

Seriously though, id rather ditto w/ double Megas, I'm just curious how that'll work.
Imposter outprioritizes Mega-Evolving due to it occuring on switch-in, yes. Test it out with an Imposter MMY that mega-evolves into MMX in BH, the mechanics work the same

Imposter outprioritizes Mega-Evolving due to it occuring on switch-in, yes. Test it out with an Imposter MMY that mega-evolves into MMX in BH, the mechanics work the same
the difference is megavolving usually gives you a fixed statline so you can't use that as an example. I myself realized this after testing it.

Out of curiosity, is there any way to post sets without saving an image? If so I'd start doing that from now on.

To makes sure this post isn't completely useless, could some Pokemon currently in Ubers hold Mega Stones?
Greninja, Aegislash, and Skymin with Megastones would be relatively harmless, I think.
Actually I take that back Aegis-Shield with Sablenite would be legitimately retarded.
But Greninja with a Megastone would be mostly pointless, so I think that should be looked into.
I'm not sure what you mean by "post sets w/o saving an image." If you are referring to the threatlist, yeah, you totally can, (most people have) but it'd be nice if you would; otherwise I'm gonna end up editing them in, which takes time. I just haven't gotten around to it cause I've been super lazy busy with school recently.

However, and this is directed to everyone, a description of why a set is good needs to be included. Not just like, "oh it's fast and it hits hard;" it needs to be more specific. Why it's better than other combinations with the same mega stone or base, or what niche it fulfills (even if it's outclassed by another combination), that outclasses said combo in that regard. You get the idea.

I'm not sure what you mean by "post sets w/o saving an image." If you are referring to the threatlist, yeah, you totally can, (most people have) but it'd be nice if you would; otherwise I'm gonna end up editing them in, which takes time. I just haven't gotten around to it cause I've been super lazy busy with school recently.
Nah, I mean like, where can I get the photos online without saving them?
I've found .rar archives of all the pokemon, but nothing online.

They're right here. I posted a link on the threatlist too, but nbd. Click on the little button with an image that looks like a photo of a mountain, then past the link to the image.

Edit: lol, ninja'd

Registeel @ Diancite
80/135/110/135/110/110
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Explosion

That is not a waste of Diancite at all. In fact, Registeel is perfect for it, having enough natural bulk to trade off. Of course, you're now in a real speed tier, so that Curse set isn't gonna work, since you're actually trying to catch stuff. What are you gonna use for a boosting move? Hone Claws?

That is not a waste of Diancite at all. In fact, Registeel is perfect for it, having enough natural bulk to trade off. Of course, you're now in a real speed tier, so that Curse set isn't gonna work, since you're actually trying to catch stuff. What are you gonna use for a boosting move? Hone Claws?
Meh, I agree, it's kinda a waste. I don't mean that it's bad, it's just that there are others that could abuse it better. Compare it's stats to mega Diancie; it's just not as good. 135 is pretty weak for a mega. Diancie isn't THAT strong with 160.

I unfortunately cannot upload the images(stupid computer be a piece of crap) but I can post sets.

So:
Cressilia@ Sablenite
Ability: magic bounce
Evs: 252 Hp/252 Def/4 Spatk
Bold Nature
New Stats: 120/80/170/95/180/55
Calm mind
Moonlight
Psychic
Moonblast

Meet the face of a stall Win Condition. Cressilia now has an actual special attack stat and can use it in conjuction with Calm Mind to set up on anything that cannot 2HKO it. Magic Bounce prevents status and taunt, both of which Cress hates. Or you could run a more support based set with Heal Bell, Light Screen, Psychic, and Reflect.

Someone had mentioned regular kyurem, and i actually think it has amazing potential in this meta. It has a pretty decent special movepool, good bulk and excellent pre-Mega stats. Take this set for example:

Kyurem@ Cameruptite
Ability: Sheer force
New Stats: 125/160/120/170/120/65
Evs: 252 Hp/252 Spatk/ 4 Def
Modest Nature
Ice Beam
Earth Power
Focus Blast
Roost

This Set trades kyurem's decent speed for better bulk and the ability to hit REALLY hard with sheer force boosted moves. You could also run Sablenite(Seriously, sablenite is good on like any non frail attacker) for 125/140/140/150/140/65 Stats with the same set, gaining a crapload of bulk in the process.
Also, On the Registeel discussion, I would run Aggronite. You gain an excellent defnesive ability, and even though your stats are slightly lower than if you were to use sablenite, filter helps a resttalker much more than magic bounce.

That's it for now, I'll try and post more later, as I have a bunch of other ideas.

How does illusion work with this? does zoroark stays disguised even after a mega evolution, or does it dissolve? I know once you switch out after mega evolving you wont be able to disguise again, but it could be useful the first time.

Last edited:
How does illusion work with this? does zoroark stays disguised even after a mega evolution, or does it dissolve? I know once you switch out after mega evolving you wont be able to disguise again, but it could be useful the first time.
Illusion still works post mega evolution.
On another topic, I believe that some megas that were banned to ubers will be viable, particularly mega kangaskhan and mewtwo X, as they don't come at the opportunity cost of a different mega like they do in ubers.

I also have new sets!

Aggronite Snorlax:

Snorlax@Aggronite
Ability: Filter
New Stats: 160/140/115/65/130/30
Evs:252 Hp/ 64 Atk/ 188 Def
Impish nature
Curse
Rest
body slam/Return
Sleep Talk/Crunch

This thing has solid bulk and after a curse, VERY few unboosted things can even 2HKO it. Evs were chosen for their ability to prevent a 2HKO from any physical fighting move after a curse.

Regirock@ Tyranitarite
New ability: Sand Stream
New Stats:80/130/240/50/120/60
Evs: 252 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 4 sp def or 252Hp/252 SpDef

Stone Edge
Earthquake/curse
drain punch/rest/stealth rock
curse/rest/thunder wave

Regirock is pretty much a multi-use offensive bulky booster or sturdy supporter, whichever suits you best.

Regice@pidgeotenite
New ability:No Guard
New stats: 80/50/105/165/210/70
Evs:252 Hp or 252 Spd/ 252 sp atk/ 4 def
Modest nature
Blizzard
Zap Cannon
Focus Blast
Rock polish/???

regice is pretty much one of the only things that posseses the porper movepool to abuse no guard with. Set up a rock polish and clean, or use the fourth moveslot for something else.

Avalugg@shapedonite
New ability: Strong Jaw
New stats:95/142/214/59/71/38
EVs:252 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 4 Sp def or 252 Sp def/4atk
Adamant Nature/ Impish nature

Ice Fang/Avalanche
Earthquake/Roar
recover
rapid Spin

It hits relatively hard, can remove hazards, phaze physical attackers and recover, just don't expect it to take a special hit without investment.

Avalugg@shapedonite
New ability: Strong Jaw
New stats:95/142/214/59/71/38
EVs:252 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 4 Sp def or 252 Sp def/4atk
Adamant Nature/ Impish nature

Ice Fang/Avalanche
Earthquake/Roar
recover
rapid Spin

It hits relatively hard, can remove hazards, phaze physical attackers and recover, just don't expect it to take a special hit without investment.
I saw this, and thought about avalugg a bit, but then I remembered I was looking for a Banettite user: I know Avalugg gets Recover, I check bulbapedia and...

Its stats are as follows with banettite:
95/167/194/54/66/38

With prankster recover, or maybe a resttalk curse set. It would have the benefit of not caring when it's in against a physical attacker without a supereffective move(don't quote me on that though), it could be used as something to come in and set up on something physical, or like spin or something. Its movepool is pretty barren, though. Superpower, earthquake, gyro ball, ice fang, avalanche, crunch and stone edge are its only viable physical moves... I know I'm just listing stuff off now but I'm curious as to this one's merit, especially considering how few banettite users I've seen proposed in this thread.

I think avalugg benefits the most from filter, so aggronite should be the way to go:

Avalugg@ Aggronite
Ability: sturdy/filter
Evs: 248 Hp/24 Def/the other 236 into attack or sdef
Impish Nature
Rapid spin
recover
earthquake
avalanche

new stats:
95/147/234/44/66/28

I honestly think this is viable, in inverse batlles avalugg is often used because of its lack of weaknesses and Filter has a similar effect while aggronite pushes the defensive absurdly high. due to its high defenses you can also invest in iuts attck to not make it passive or into its sdef to survive some special attacks.

here a calc:
252+ Atk Excadrill Iron Head vs. 248 HP / 24+ Def Filter Avalugg: 135-159 (34.3 - 40.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
this is Excadrill on Mewtwonite X (215 base attack) and it doesnt come close at 2hkoing it.

with more investment it even avoids the 2hko from mega heracross
252+ Atk Mega Heracross Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 144+ Def Filter Avalugg: 168-199 (42.7 - 50.6%) -- 3.1% chance to 2HKO

Another mon that benefits from no guard is gengar:

Gengar@ Pidgeotite
Ability: levitate/no guard
Evs: 4 Def/ 252 spa/252 spe
Timid Nature
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast
Hypnosis
Taunt/Sludgewave/Thunder

new stats:
60/65/65/195/85/130

Gengars focus blast now always hits which makes sludge wave not mandatory anymore, since shadow ball and fblast have perfect coverage. It also get a 100% accurate sleep move and is one of the fastest abusers of such.
in the forth slot one can use taunt for stallbreaking, sludge wave if one wants the most power or thunder because why not.

And here is a nice stallbreaker:

crobat@ gyaradosite
Ability: inner focus/mold breaker
Evs: 248 hp/ remainder into def or sdef
Careful/impish Nature
Taunt
toxic
roost
bravebird

new stats and typing:
85/120/110/80/110/130 poison/dark

gyaradosite fits crobat like it was made for it. First of all it replaces its flying typing with dark, which means it only has 1 weakness to ground left and no sr weakness anymore.
Then it gets mold breaker which gives it the ability to taunt and toxic magic bounce users, which in combinatioon with its 130 speed stat make it a nigthmare for stall to face.
On top of this both defenses gain a base stat of 30 which make it quite a bulky mon.

Last edited:
I was actually just looking at an Aggronite set, curiously. I also considered Steelixite but then it summons weather that actually hurts (edit: Sand Force, not Sand Stream). Here, meanwhile, is my idea for Avalugg.

Avalugg @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Sturdy -> Mold Breaker
Type: Ice/Dark
Stats: 95/147/214/44/76/28
EVs: 248 HP/8 Atk/252 SpD
Careful Nature
-Avalanche/Ice Fang
-Crunch
-Recover
-Earthquake/Rapid Spin/whatever

(GameFreak, please give Avalugg Icicle Crash. Don't make this Flareon all over again.)

I thought of Gyaradosite for three reasons: It improves Avalugg's typing by giving it STAB on one of its limited physical moves (and it's certainly a defensive improvement); it wastes minimal stats and abilities; and, of course, Mold Breaker. This Avalugg is an absolute monster for taking physical hits, and has a nice 147 Atk for dishing out hits in return.

The moves are simple. Avalugg's ridiculously low speed means it's going to take a hit, and Avalanche capitalizes on this for a consistent 120 BP. Ice Fang is also an option, but is generally inferior unless you're trying to catch something on the switch, and even then you have coverage moves. Crunch is a nice secondary STAB with the possibility of lowering Defense. Recover is, well, recovery. In the final slot, you have options. Avalugg has access to Rapid Spin just in case, and being able to threaten the majority of spinblockers is incredibly handy. If you have a hazard remover already, you can run Earthquake and get that famed Ice/Ground coverage (QuakeBeam? CrashQuake? I got nothing).

248 HP EVs apparently hits a Stealth Rock number (or so says the Smogon Dex; its HP stat is unchanged), which combined with 252 SpD EVs and a Careful nature maximizes its special bulk--which it needs, because this is still going to die if any Fire-type so much as looks as it funny. (I'm using the remaining eight to give it just a little punch.) With that said, you have a very nice offensive tank, capable of taking (physical) hits and dishing them out without much of a problem.

Last edited:
I was actually just looking at an Aggronite set, curiously. I also considered Steelixite but then it summons weather that actually hurts. Here, meanwhile, is my idea for Avalugg.

Avalugg @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Sturdy -> Mold Breaker
Type: Ice/Dark
Stats: 95/147/214/44/76/28
EVs: 248 HP/8 Atk/252 SpD
Careful Nature
-Avalanche/Ice Fang
-Crunch
-Recover
-Earthquake/Rapid Spin/whatever

(GameFreak, please give Avalugg Icicle Crash. Don't make this Flareon all over again.)

I thought of Gyaradosite for three reasons: It improves Avalugg's typing by giving it STAB on one of its limited physical moves (and it's certainly a defensive improvement); it wastes minimal stats and abilities; and, of course, Mold Breaker. This Avalugg is an absolute monster for taking physical hits, and has a nice 147 Atk for dishing out hits in return.

The moves are simple. Avalugg's ridiculously low speed means it's going to take a hit, and Avalanche capitalizes on this for a consistent 120 BP. Ice Fang is also an option, but is generally inferior unless you're trying to catch something on the switch, and even then you have coverage moves. Crunch is a nice secondary STAB with the possibility of lowering Defense. Recover is, well, recovery. In the final slot, you have options. Avalugg has access to Rapid Spin just in case, and being able to threaten the majority of spinblockers is incredibly handy. If you have a hazard remover already, you can run Earthquake and get that famed Ice/Ground coverage (QuakeBeam? CrashQuake? I got nothing).

248 HP EVs apparently hits a Stealth Rock number (or so says the Smogon Dex; its HP stat is unchanged), which combined with 252 SpD EVs and a Careful nature maximizes its special bulk--which it needs, because this is still going to die if any Fire-type so much as looks as it funny. (I'm using the remaining eight to give it just a little punch.) With that said, you have a very nice offensive tank, capable of taking (physical) hits and dishing them out without much of a problem.
steelixite has sand force not sand stream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)