XY OU Mega Sceptile Core Ou Team - Smoketile(in need of help)

SMOKETILE

Aceman (Sceptile-Mega) (M) @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 30 Atk / 30 SpD
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain

[1] I chose Mega-Sceptile because of his unique typing, face roll sp. atk blasting, and its high speed. [2] Sceptile's roll is simply to blast, revenge kill, and pop in when an electric attack is coming. He is the core to this group, but not the sweeper. [3]

Ricky Red Tail (Gyarados) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 88 HP / 192 Atk / 4 Def / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Bounce
- Waterfall
- Substitute

[1] I chose Gyrados because I needed something with physical attack prowess and a weakness to electricity so that I could get the +1 for sceptile. [2] Gyrados is my only sweeper and he is a bulky one at that. [3] Gyrados w/ leftovers and bounce has worked out nicely with his bulk. The set just needs one sub to set up. While after two ddances your opponent will have a huge amount of trouble getting out, one ddance will be enough to hit the way you want.

Wobblemon (Tyranitar) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

[1] I chose ttar because I needed a solid lead, pursuit, and eq coverage. [2] Ttar is the set up on this team, he's not too great at a late lead. That being said, if the opposite lead looks like it will counter ttar, then gyrados almost always works as a sweep lead. [3] The set is basic - stealth rock because its a good thing, sand stream as long as you can, and hit whenever is fit.

En Route (Entei) @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- ExtremeSpeed
- Stone Edge
- Bulldoze

[1] Entei seemed like the right mon for the job because of the power it packs with choice band and its great offensive movepool. [2] Entei is definitely a revenge killer, but it is also a pretty great "spam sacred fire" killer. Entei should use sacred fire whenever it can. It makes for a great choice move because of the stab it gets and burn it gives. But, extreme speed is vital due to entei's relatively low speed. Bulldoze helps this because it lowers speed and stone edge is just if you need to drop the hammer. [3]

Winston (Gengar) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 208 HP / 92 Def / 20 SpA / 188 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute

[1] I chose gengar because I wanted to use a mon that was unpredictable, sp. atking, and fast. [2] Gengar fits as a a go to on switch ins. He can poison and burn with this set while setting up with sub. Hex is vital to deal his max damage and his bulk helps him take hits while dealing statuses out. [3]

I hate that this works (Sylveon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

[1] Sylveon just seemed like the right fit. I needed a wall, fairy type, and cleric; Sylveon was a no brainer. [2] Sylveon is here to take hits, heal statuses, and fulfill wishes. [3] The set has hyper voice as the one damaging move while heal bell and wish are essential to the healing of your team. Protect gives time for leftovers and for a wish used for Sylveon.

Last edited:
Hey, just letting you know that your post can not be rated upon due to it lacking the requirements listed on here. I would suggest you read up on them and then editing your post to the correct standard to prevent it getting locked.

Last edited:

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey there, cool team. I am a big fan of the move Sacred Fire and Sub Wisp Gengar, so that's a plus from me. Right now, I think Stealth Rock does too much against your team. Gyarados is very bulky, and sub DD doesn't want to be taking 25% from switching in either. Entei also doesn't like the damage. I think you could use an Excadrill over Tyranitar. The following set could work nicely.

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 220 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

32 outspeeds standard Rotom-W (44 Spe EVs to reach 219 speed stat), and 4 Attack guarantees the OHKO on 248 HP Rotom-W after Stealth Rock just in case you get in a situation like that (too much investment for physically defensive so not really worth). The defenses let Drill tank some resisted special attacks nicely and get opportunities to spin or set up Stealth Rock.

My main reasoning for Excadrill over Tyranitar is that Drill provides a way to remove Stealth Rock, which greatly benefits your team. Furthermore, The Pursuit support of TTar isn't really necessary because your team doesn't have issues with common targets such as the Latis. Also, Drill can set up Stealth Rock like TTar. Lastly, Sandstorm is a bit of an annoyance that your team doesn't really want to deal with. Anyway that's all I have, gl with your team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)