Finals Smogon Premier League VI - Finals [Won by the Congregation of the Classiest]

Status
Not open for further replies.
chimpact ;]

thanks for an enjoyable final series guys. couldn't say i expected classiest to come on on top v.the 'big two' of this season going in, but that makes it all the cooler. thanks to the ruiners for allowing me to lurk after i got dunked; you're a great team, and should be proud of your performance this season, b.c you rule. pick me up next season, yeah? xd

Congratulations to Classiest and in general to all the participants. One of the biggest accomplishments there is on Smogon.

GGs Classiest. Not exactly an ideal final but we're not exactly playing an ideal game so that's how it goes sometimes. You played well and you deserve a lot of credit for winning. Congrats on the win and enjoy your trophies.

Good season, Ruiners. Not going to do individual shoutouts (only winners should imo) but you can all be proud of your season. We weren't predicted to go far but we ended up being the first team to go unbeaten in regular season. And by "we" I mean "you" because I didn't exactly contribute much. A lot of critics were silenced, especially those of some individuals on the team, so well done and congrats on a great season.

Ban Scald.

Thanks to everyone on Ruiners for making this an enjoyable season. This is somehow the worst way to end up almost a perfect performance but what can you do, we lost to things that weren't under our control..

Everyone worked hard every week like it was the last and I think that was the key for our team to be so strong.

I consider I didn't interact with everyone as much as I'd like but I believe you are one of the best groups I've ever been with, and it was a pleasure hanging out with you on IRC. To be honest at the start of the season no one thought that we could reach finals or even being able to win the tourney, so I think we proved all them wrong.

I strongly thank to Ciele for trusting me every week despite how bad I usually do in SPL, I think that confidence made me bring out the best of me almost every week. Still. 6-5 is not something of a great record but I didn't choke away any game so I'm happy with playing well most of my games.

I also gotta say it's been way different not being on Stark Sharks this year. I still don't forget you guys, you kinda made my SPL dream start 2 years ago..

Congratulations to Congregation of Classiest for winning the trophy.

See you next year (maybe..)

Braverius

snowls
is a Past SPL Champion
Was a pleasure to play on the Classiest this year, thanks Shake and Koko for drafting me and teammates for keeping it real and kicking ass.

Individual shoutouts. Apologies if I forget anyone. Didn't end up doing the entire team since I truly didn't get to know some of you unfortunately.
Anti - you were the first person to talk with me on the team and welcome me in. Not only were you a really good teammate and a great guy, you gave me a piece of advice in Semis about checking my own weaknesses that ended up guiding my teambuilding for that week a lot better, and ultimately led to me calling a matchup that he actually ended up having. Although you freaked out way too easily at stuff, you were always well-intentioned and a great person to be around. Hope we get to play on another team in the future!

Shake - thanks again for drafting me and for letting me spill thoughts from time to time. Always felt like I could talk with you and keep up on things with the team, and that's what I always hope to be able to do with a manager. Clannad sux tho

Ben Gay - everyone's right, you are one of the kindest people on the site and were a great teammate. Didn't get to talk with you a whole lot, but you were nothing but a good team presence and a chill guy.

Bad Ass - was excited when I saw we ended up on the same team again. You're probably the best teammate anyone could ask for. I'm glad I got to play with you again, you're one of the most down to earth people in the community. Thanks for the advice you gave and for talking with me a couple times during the season.

Chimpact - you were a riot, made especially the first few weeks more enjoyable.

Triangles - was great to be on a team with you again, congrats on winning your last game in SPL. Wish you all the best.

Hikari - you also were really welcoming in team chat. I know it doesn't seem like a whole lot, but you were really a good teammate and listened to your teammates (along with being an undefeated monster in the playoffs).

Key - I've never seen someone so good at calling freezes. Got a few good laughs from you over the course of the year, made the chat more fun to be in.

Blunder / Tokyo Tom / FAJI / Kokoloko / PDC / Elodin / CTC / Chaser / FLCL - glad to meet you guys this year n_n

Kingofmars - appreciate the help with teams and everything during the season. Probably ended up winning a couple because of your help there. Thanks a ton.

Biosci - thanks for building with me, especially for the Finals. Gyarados tore everything apart.

Stratos - same thing as I said for Kom, you were really helpful and always open to listening to ideas. I know we had our highs and lows over the season and butted heads a bit, but I appreciate that we were able to enjoy some good ol' theorymon regardless. Hope you end up getting the starting spot you deserve next year.

TOTEM - for giving me tree idea :3 thank you

Finally - for being patient for your well-deserved chance until midseason and then thrashing everyone afterward. You're a very good player, don't let that finals match get to you. I have a ton of respect for the way you play and your community presence as well. Hope to see you get drafted right away next year.

BKC - you're the best, wish I could have played on a team with you again this year.

Soul_survivor - sorry we never got to Skype and shit talk each other. Thanks for letting me bounce ideas off of you.

Aim - thanks for talking with me before the season, hope to see you around in NPA and SPL again :]

Mentioned this a little bit in my team post in the Doubles forum, but this year went way better than last year for me, even if the record doesn't indicate that. I had no business pulling the stupid shit I did last year on the Raiders and very much regret doing so. I wanted to do my best to correct my commitment issues and try to be a better teammate. It was very hard to test with teammates because of my lack of knowledge of the tiers, and I'm going to work at learning a few ORAS tiers in order to be more helpful and possibly be a viable sub in other tiers rather than expect that people know my tier, too. There were multiple people that hounded me for my poor ethic and bad mindset last year, and I appreciate everyone expecting the accountability and reprimanding me for the lack thereof, even if it wasn't your intention. I had a few bumps along the way this year, but in the end I feel much more improved than last year and want to continue doing so. Thank you to everyone who pushed me to work hard.

Last edited:
I was really hoping that I'd be writing this shoutout post after winning the tournament, it would have been a dream debut SPL but it was never meant to be, the rng simulator seemed to disagree haha. Also, I've not done a shoutouts post before so I guess this one will be my first; i'll try not to be too shit :x

Going into SPL, I didn't really expect to be picked up. I'd a few people that were calling me bad and telling managers not to get me. Nevertheless, i had a manager contact me and tell me they wanted to get me, which was good! Until the point when they only decided to nominate me but not pay more than 3k, for that of which I am thankful for since I wouldn't have been bought by the Ruiners. I was extremely surprised since I'd never spoken to any of the guys in my life. Not to mention the very next nomination after me was Annoyer by which he was bought for 4x what I was bought for by the same team as me; great start ~ Bench warmer.

However after I got past my exams and mock exams during weeks 1 and 2, i was determined to earn my spot in the team by which I got my chance! However starting 1-2 is never a good thing, and after receiving my ass whooping from Soulgazer , I was determined to not lose again. By which i managed to prove person after person wrong by adding up my wins until I managed to end in a 6 win unbeaten streak but more importantly bringing the wins in the playoffs where they count. I'm sorry I couldn't help out in any of the other tiers apart from maybe RU and a little bit of testing in OU, but I tried my best.
Being a Ruiner was great, I don't think there was a single bit of disagreement unless it was about sets on a team and it was extremely chill atmosphere in the chat with every single one of us. I can't say I disliked anyone on the team and I would definitely say that I would do this again with the same team.

Individual shoutouts:
Ciele : I can't thank you enough for trusting me enough to buy me even though I'd never spoken to you before, you have given me an incredible SPL experience and I couldn't have asked for more. You were an extremely chill manager who let people do what they do best, never attempted to ghost or tell people what to do, only made sure their builds were the best they could be and in general I am sorry I couldn't help more by getting you the trophy you deserved this SPL. You were an amazing manager and I hope to play under you next SPL. *Teddeh offer Ciele army of red pandas*

SilentVerse : You are literally a lower tiers god and probably the only person in the Ruiners chat who knew a thing about what I was talking about when I was discussing my teams haha. You're an extremely chill guy and I am glad you were helping Ciele along the way. We didn't talk too much but you are a great lad and wouldn't hesitate if I had the chance to play under you again.

BAIKA : I didn't get the chance to talk to you too much, you were always extremely positive about each week and seemed to have an excellent amount of lower gens knowledge O: Definitely a great person to have in the chat as you spoke wise words, great having you with the ruiners this year!

PDC : You my friend spent week after week preparing for your games and you were so determined to do well, finishing 8-1 regular season... You're a god. I'm really disappointed for you that things didn't go your way in playoffs but I definitely think that you were an excellent team mate and you were worth so much more than 5k, i'm glad we got you so cheap! Best of luck with everything that you do, I hope to team with you in future tournaments.

steelphoenix : For such a young player, you surprised me with how competent you are and how well you prepare and think through your moves! 3k, best ubers player by far and the plays against problems were quite sublime I must say haha. You are sure the biggest underdog to well in the ubers community being ranked 10th in the power rankings (lol) and I am proud of you for doing so well and proving you can do it on the mainstage. I expect an spl trophy on your profile in the next 2 years ;) Best of luck in future tournaments and I hope we can team together again.

reachzero : Never got to speak to you, all I know is that you are a great UU player and 1-3 doesn't show how good you really are. Best of luck in future tournaments.

Meru : Probably one of the most solid players in the tournament, I am extremely happy to have teamed with you. Your plays were really good and I felt that you are a great builder too. You showed tier diversity when things weren't going too well for Bouff and took over RU by which you delivered in such a high pressure situation in the final against Bad ass when the odds were against us. It was a pleasure to have been on the same team as you and I hope we can team again.

Bouffalant : STOP BEING WEAK TO TOXIC SPIKES!!! xD You were so active in the IRC chat and you and Meru were a true duo. One thing I noticed is that you do get distracted by the crowd though haha, but you were an excellent team mate when needed. You helped up until the very last minute with everything you could to try and help the team to victory and you can't ask for more when buying a player. Unlucky on your record, I'm sure you'll do amazing next spl. Best of luck in future tournaments.

Zamrock : I am so glad we bought you midseason, you were an amazing addition to our team with scout reports, solid af plays, testing 24/7, active as much as you could have been and I think you deserved more than 2 games to show your quality (so many ou players in our team oml). I honestly think you are up there as one of the best ou players and I hope you can prove yourself and get another chance. It was a pleasure, best of luck in the future.

Tokyo Tom : I am glad we picked you up too. You are a great OU player and I am sure you will be doing well in future tournaments and SPL's. I didn't get to talk to you too much but I know you're a great lad. Best of luck in future tournaments.

SoulWind : I didn't get much of a chance to speak to you, but you are an absolute lord at bw ou oml. You were extremely unlucky throughout the tournament and I have to say you were worth every penny when Ciele decided to retain you. I hope you can show your qualities next spl and I hope we can team again too. It was a pleasure.

finally : I didn't get much of a chance to speak to you but you are seriously a lord at doubles oml. I thought you were an absolute lord with your predictions and I would definitely choose you over anyone as a doubles player in the future. I hope we can team again in the future, it has been a pleasure.

idiotfrommars : HODOR. My god to think you said you weren't going to be drafted before spl, I am so glad you sent ciele that pm. You were such a clutch player and showed it with your record starting off 5-0. You got unlucky in your rby game (it's rby, it's literally shit haha) and i have to say you are a lord. I never doubted you for a moment when watching your games. I hope we can team together in future tournaments.

Arcticblast : From not having a great start, i am really glad you stayed active with the team and helped finally as much as you could! you were great to have around in the chat and always positive. Best of luck in future tournaments.

sugarhigh : I didn't get too much of a chance to talk to you, but I am glad we had you nevertheless. You did really well when you had the chance and I think you could definitely do a lot of work if you were given more of a chance. Best of luck in future tournaments.

august : For someone with such a busy personal life, you did really well and I backed you every game I watched you play. Watching you play I learnt a lot and I am glad we had the chance to share the same team. I hope to get more of a chance to get to know you in future tournaments and best of luck.

Annoyer : I am really disappointed you couldn't have been more active for me to test with. You were the only person in the team that knew anything about NU and you were never there for me to test with. :( I hope you can comeback to NU since everyone and their mothers misses you in the community through the amount of times I was told to free you. But nevertheless, best of luck in future tournaments.

Lady Bug : I never really got the chance to speak to you but I did find out you love the sharks haha, the aboma stall team was great and I'm disappointed it didn't work :c I hope you enjoyed your time with the Ruiners however when you had the chance and best of luck in the future.

dekzeh : You were probably the one who made me feel most welcome in the team. You were amazing to look up to and you seemed to have bags and bags of knowledge that I could always rely on. I felt so disappointed for you in the final because I know you gave it your all and you played absolutely amazingly. I think you are definitely one of the best overall pokemon players I have met and I glad we shared the same team. I hope we can share teams in future tournaments and best of luck.

Tiba : Tiba teach me pokemon! You my friend never ever seem to lose, you are literally a rock when it comes to pokemon and your patience is out of this world. Everyone seems to take a disliking to you but I have to say we always got along and you were a great guy who could improve his english haha. I hope we can share a team again in future tournaments and best of luck.

Hantsuki : To this day I don't know if you're a boy or a girl! xD Nevertheless, you are an amazing player who got stuck with playing such a shit excuse of a tier xD You deserved so much more success than your record shows and you were so unlucky in the final. Their luck was better than your plays I'm afraid :c Nevertheless, you made the Brazilian trio that gave us so much lower gen success and there wasn't another team that had a more solid core than us. I hope we can share the same team again and best of luck in future tournaments.

HJAD : You my friend are perhaps one of the greatest innovators to exist (lairon Finchinator hehe) and you are one of my closest pokemon pals. I am so glad I had you by my side to help me test and i must say you deserve a lot of credit to most of my wins. You were always there and you believed in me from the start knowing I could do it, even before spl or even before the ladder tour. You are a great friend and I can't express my appreciation more other than I hope we can be frens for a lot longer. I hope you get picked up next season also, you deserve it pal.

Realistic Waters : Definitely the most underrated battler that can 6-0 me on a daily basis by predicting my doubles and it's honestly crazy how good you are. Without you to test with, I would have been fucked going into my final game against flcl and every other week. You built teams with certain mons if i asked, you came to test in the blink of an eye, we must have played over 200 games in the space of 2 months, not even exaggerating. You're a great friend and I'm glad you were able to help me so much when I needed you, truly an amazing guy and definitely deserves to be picked up next spl or I will revolt! xD

Deej Dy : Malamar is scary right?! You were an amazing testing partner and again, I'm so lucky to have you at the second I ask. You can come up with some deadly balance teams and it made great for testers. But apart from testers, I'd definitely say we became closer friends through all the spl testing too. Along with everyone else I tested with, I knew I could trust you and i am sure you will be great the second you get the chance in a tournament! you better get picked up next spl!

iplaytennislol : I have to say you are one of the chillest people on this whole website, even when you knew cased's and my team, you knew what we were both bringing but you never said a word. I honestly can say you are an amazing battler and you must have over 300 teams on showdown with the amount that you play. You come up with some great gimics too, it makes you such a great player to play against. Thank you for all the testing too, you were there for me when asked and I could tell you were getting sick of battling me when I asked you every day haha! I hope you get picked up next spl, you're a great battler and a good friends too!

Vileman : Thank you so much for hyping me up before SPL, without you I don't think I would have been noticed ngl. We go way back before spl though; from the first time we battled in a room tour for me to build you a brand new team to use in the NU open haha xD I must say you have gotten so much better and you are solid af when it comes to working for your team and your friends. I am so glad you got a chance in SPL and I hope you get more of a chance next year. Without you, pokemon isn't as fun haha. I hope we stay friends and best of luck next year! (Everyone knew they wanted a Bigs v ruiners final)

scorpdestroyer : I was seriously surprised you didn't get picked up midseason, you proved your worth in the farm league and I felt you deserved it more than anyone else ngl. However since you weren't, it meant you were there for me, which was amazing. I won't forget the clutch suggestion for signal beam on mesprit when facing goomy and it helped me! But again, you were great to test with since you built teams for me and you were a great friend! :] I hope you get picked up next spl, you deserve your chance!

Lastly; a MASSIVE shoutout for anyone and everyone that believed in me when I doubted myself. This includes AM , PomMan and everyone else in the NU room that cheered me on after every victory or picked me up after a loss.

Thanks to Zebraiken and Aldaron for hosting the tournament and giving me a chance to prove myself.

It's been a blast boys, We'll get it next year I promise!

Meru

ate them up
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Glad to have been able to rotate and play the stage in my two favorite tiers as well as be able to get this far with a team during my first SPL experience, as I know not everybody gets that opportunity. Like Zamrock said, I'm just gonna have to keep in mind friends like Anti whenever I have to think about something as disgusting as shake keeping his trophy.

Not gonna do individual shoutouts but I wanted to give special recognition to Bouffalant for getting me involved in tournaments and providing me ideas almost every single week. You may not have been the best player on the team but you helped me with making and perfecting my squads and I appreciated having you there. Hope to see you take this whole thing as an experience to learn from and channel it into another big tournament run, like I plan to do with this year's slam. The rest of the Ruiners were very chill. Honestly could not say a single bad word about any of them, and I would not mind playing another team tournament with any of them in the future. Thanks to Ciele and SilentVerse for picking me up, the way you guys worked was what made such a successful team dynamic possible.

Shoutout to people in both the UU and RU communities who helped me test, build and theorymon. You all know who you are.

Hoping to get the trophy next year. Guess I caught the SPL bug xd

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
well shit, i guess the season is really over.

first off i would like to say that i am really sorry to my team for letting them the fuck down TWICE in the most important games of the season, in semis and in finals. i'm not proud of getting 6-0d twice in a row (albeit losing those final two games were largely bullshit), but i guess it's oras ou so what are you gonna do. regardless, i don't like losing like this at a time like this, and i am sorry that it attributed to our loss in the end...

it's a bit of a daze writing this after all that work we put in, incredible amounts of hours for 11 weeks only to be shit on in the end due to luck. whoever says that the luck in this series didn't matter is an absolute fucking idiot, but what are you gonna do i guess. i guess this really is pokemon at it's height, us getting bullshitted out of trophy due to luck and misses.

alright, enough of the bitching. for me, this season was a growing experience. i used to get nervous as fuck before any of my games during the first few weeks, incredibly nervous that i would let everybody down when i played. last season was a disaster for me, really, and i was terrified of repeating it again. i may have still lost 3 times, and twice in a row, but this time instead of having 2 wins, i came out with 8. i hope that this tournament proved that i'm not so shit at this game, and that i have improved immensely from last time.

now for the shoutouts..

ciele - i was really glad to be on a team with a manager like you. i don't think we've ever really talked prior to this season, but i have always heard that you were a really nice user. while you may have been driven crazy by me asking you at 2 am to fight me and look over my team in a tier you hardly ever played, i am very glad we had you as our manager. just keep in mind that not once did my opponent carry foul play, but i will now always remember to set my atk IVS to zero before i play.

silentverse - maaaaaaan. while we barely talked 1 on 1, you helped us out a lot in lower tiers, and i appreciate that. :]

annoyer - rofl where the fuck did you go. as soon as you got benched you left. but w/e, teddeh did a good job anyway.

articblast - you helped finally (and told us to draft him) a lot, and considering how amazing he did in spl, i have to thank you a lot for that.

august - feels like we haven't known each other for as long as we have, but it was really cool to learn that we both ended up on the same team, forming a mini-east core. watching you switch builds every other day was pretty damn funny, and stealing teams from you has become a bit of a hobby, but regardless, if you choose to come back again or not, i wish you best of luck. it's been real for the past 3 years or so. my only complaint is you not using RP Ttar vs asuya.

bouff - at least you finally listened to mobb deep. even though you berate yourself over the amount of chokes you have had, you were still a valuable teammate. it was your first spl, and if anybody gives you shit over something like that then tell them to fuck off. you are a great player and i expect big things from you, i hope that you know that.

dekzeh - oO. the 1st part of the BR core, you are definitely one of the best adv players on this site. sucks that you had to lose in finals due to a miss, but maybe that will teach you a lesson that any move less than 100% accuracy will ALWAYS miss when you most need it to hit. i also have to thank you for the week 2 team when i had no idea on what to use, it preformed amazingly.

finally -
[20:20] <@PDC_> GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
[20:20] <@PDC_> U BEAUTIFUL ASIAN BASTARD
[20:20] <@jacqueline> pdc calm down lol

sums it up basically, you're a god at what you do. wish we picked you up earlier :(

hantsuki - br queen, 2nd part of the core. sadly you had to get bullshitted to the fucking max vs anti, but that is rby i guess. wish we could have given you the second trophy, i also wish you brought slowbro all 3 games haha.

ifm - how the fuck did we pick u up for 3k lol? crazy. but anyway, the 3rd easter on the team, i'm very glad we picked you up when we needed it most. you're a boss in GSC going 5-0 or something crazy like that out of nowhere. once again, feels odd to have known you for like fucking 4 years (wcop 11 represent), and to have both of us come this far.

lady bug - LB you're a bitch, but we love you.

meru - when i saw that you were on the same team as me i thought "oh great, another arrogant asshole on my team, fucking fantastic" but i'm glad to see you changed since 2011-12 and your laddering days. you clutched the shit out of finals, (well, almost) and i always felt that we could rely on you for the win. stay up, and you're giving me teams for GS along with bouff.

reachzero - just gotta dust of the rust man.

soulwind - shit, where do i even begin? feels like yesterday when we were both completely unknown players laddering for nothing on the BW1 PO Ladder. we fought each other like 100 times, and i am really grateful for that. you always used that ttar - scizor - celebi - terrak - lando-i - rotom-w team and it annoyed me to no end, but i guess you had the same feeling when you saw me using dragmag. you're a fucking god and idk how the hell you play as well as you do, but sadly the best players also always have the worst luck. you should have been 11-0 in spl, but somehow ended up with a 6-5 record, even after all the bullshit. wish i could have avenged you man, it would have maybe turned things around if possible. regardless, it was a great season with you, and hopefully you can pull through with tour this year, i know the BW ou tours are just waiting to be won by you.

jackel - funny finding out how you are only 14. you're an ubers god and i'll def be hitting you up for grand slam teams, if i still am playing by then (i don't think i will).

sugarhigh - you were 2 hard on yourself this season. you are one of the most innovative players i know, and pumped out like 10 teams at a time. great being on a team with one of my good friends on the site, and also amazing to see how far you've come from being a shitty ladder hero to a spl god (that thund-t prediction good lord).

tedehh - this man is one of the nicest most positive players i've ever met. just know that you finished with i think the best or 2nd best nu record, and if anybody wants to call you trash, then go ahead and call them the fuck out, because you're an amazing player and i don't think that there is much doubt to that statement.

tiba - i don't play gsc man, don't test with me. :( you're a god tier player, and i think when the subject of us losing a week came up, we would always point to you when we were wondering who else was left to play and win.

tokyotom - i've seen you grow from an average player to a tournament player in such a short span of time, which makes it all the more surreal. gl in the upcoming tours man, you're the future here (along with people like tesung and sugarhigh).

zamrock - people may give u a lot of shit, but i have to thank you for compiling the teams of all the players every single week and the endless tests you gave me. you're a real team player, and although you can sometimes get really cocky, you're not that bad of a guy.

mcmeghan / bkc / funk / cbb / - thanks for coming around and helping us in the finals guys, was great working with you, as usual

tesung - s/o migos s/o drake s/o tesung. i should have used cm zam, FUCK

heist - what you said in the preseason really hit me, and simply from you saying that i had it in me to do well, i took it to heart and made it become a reality.

masterclass - somebody, anywhere, if you're reading this, fucking unban this guy

n_n

omfuga - lol ur shit

after old gen tour it might be it for me, maybe i'll come back for spl, idk. but regardless...

nasty nas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)