General Introduce yourself!

Hello my name is Peter. I've been playing pokemon since the original red, and blue. I am only just now getting into competitive battling with my friends. Looking to find that competitive edge on my buddies some strategies and play style.

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
Yo, Fonzie here.

New to the forums but not new to the site. I've been coming here for a while, since around the release of D/P. Before that, I was using Serebii ofc. I would use the sets to be foundations for my 'mons and work in my own flair. Never thought to use the forums.
I have been playing Pokémon ever since Red and Blue came to the States, with Gold version being my favorite. Got Red version and never looked back.

Can't wait to contribute to the forums as best as I can.
Hello King Fonz!
I only started getting involved with Smogon a few months ago, because I had forgotten about this account before that. I've been playing Pokemon since Emerald, which remains my favorite game to date. I really need to go back and play the first two generations sometime. :[ Where would you like to get involved at the forums? If you have any questions, check out our SQSA threads or Have a Question? thread. You can also try the Help form if necessary. Have a good time here at Smogon!

I was wondering how I could become a better player, currently I cannot go over 1700 rating. People are saying that you know you're good when you know what plays to make without really thinking. I am slowly developing that, such as better plays (making doubles and predictions), win conditions and threats on the field. Some are also saying, however, that it's my team. Currently I get teams from the Smogon RMT Threads, although I'm debating on making my own teams. My main focus is getting a better concept of win conditions (mostly on my opponent's side of view) and thinking about late game strategies. Hoping to get some suggestions, thanks.

QueBien

Hello my name is Peter. I've been playing pokemon since the original red, and blue. I am only just now getting into competitive battling with my friends. Looking to find that competitive edge on my buddies some strategies and play style.
Hi Prof.BloodThorn!
Sorry to get to you a bit late, but I was pressed for time earlier. I've been playing since RSE, and I love the new games. I got into competitive only a short while back, and I've gotten a lot better than when I first found Showdown. I'm still not that great though... Anyway, explore the different forums and find some you'd like to get involved in, and do so. Have fun!
I was wondering how I could become a better player, currently I cannot go over 1700 rating. People are saying that you know you're good when you know what plays to make without really thinking. I am slowly developing that, such as better plays (making doubles and predictions), win conditions and threats on the field. Some are also saying, however, that it's my team. Currently I get teams from the Smogon RMT Threads, although I'm debating on making my own teams. My main focus is getting a better concept of win conditions (mostly on my opponent's side of view) and thinking about late game strategies. Hoping to get some suggestions, thanks.
1700 isn't bad at all. The Battling 101 program could help you a little bit. You can also start posting your own RMTs, get those improved, and then battle with the improved teams.

Hello everybody My name is Lloyd

I live in the UK and have been playing pokemon since it came out, however i am new to competative scene and thought i would sign up here and hopefully meet a few new friends and get some helpful hints and tips :)

look forward to meeting you all.

Hello everybody My name is Lloyd

I live in the UK and have been playing pokemon since it came out, however i am new to competative scene and thought i would sign up here and hopefully meet a few new friends and get some helpful hints and tips :)

look forward to meeting you all.
Hi Lloyd, welcome to Smogon, be sure to check out the Battling 101 forum as it is there to help you learn and possibly even find a tutor if you are so inclined. There is also the Competitive Discussion forum you could browse through and look at to see what's going on in all of the tiers here at Smogon/Pokemon Showdown. There is also the Rate My Team forum to help you build a good solid team of Pokemon to do well with in battles, and of course Pokemon Showdown to find all the battles you could want to play.

Hey Guys! I suppose y'all can call me Esidisi since that is what I go by. I'm 14 and new to PS!/Smogon Forums. I've been playing Pokémon ever since I was 6 years old starting with Sapphire (my favorite game of all time :D). I started getting into this kind of battling from watching some Showdown battle videos 2 years ago, and I was quite impressed and interested with the order and rules Smogon has. I hope we all have a great time!!

Hey Guys! I suppose y'all can call me Esidisi since that is what I go by. I'm 14 and new to PS!/Smogon Forums. I've been playing Pokémon ever since I was 6 years old starting with Sapphire (my favorite game of all time :D). I started getting into this kind of battling from watching some Showdown battle videos 2 years ago, and I was quite impressed and interested with the order and rules Smogon has. I hope we all have a great time!!
Sup Esidisi! Is your name perhaps a variation on AC/DC? I absolutely love generation 3, although the first gen 3 game I had was Ruby. It's awesome indeed. Do you own XY/ORAS? If yes, maybe we can Wi-Fi battle sometime. If not, maybe we can PS! battle sometime. I'd love to!

If you have any questions for now, feel free to message me about them, or check out the Have a Question? Ask it here! thread. Enjoy!

Reactions: rau
Sup Esidisi! Is your name perhaps a variation on AC/DC? I absolutely love generation 3, although the first gen 3 game I had was Ruby. It's awesome indeed. Do you own XY/ORAS? If yes, maybe we can Wi-Fi battle sometime. If not, maybe we can PS! battle sometime. I'd love to!
Greetings, Fluke! And yeah, my username a variation on AC/DC. I got it from a manga called JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Battle Tendency. It's a really good read. And yes I got Alpha Sapphire and X. I'd have to battle you in Wifi later, since I have some school stuff going on. I'm also OK with battling in PS! Look me up as Esidisi (surprise surprise lol). I mostly play RU, OU and 1v1.

Hi name's Kane. I've been into pokemon since I played through a japanese yellow version countless times (don't ask me how I did it I'm still shocked i even pulled it off wo knowing what anything said). I've been into the competitive scene since HGSS but I've had an on again off again relationship w the metagame, stopped going on PO when Y came out and focused on making a competitive team in-game. I've spent a lot of time on the serebii forums, mostly since I found smogon too hard-core and intimidating, however I really want to boost my competitive game so I decided immerse myself in the online competitive community and see if i can boost my game

Greetings, Fluke! And yeah, my username a variation on AC/DC. I got it from a manga called JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Battle Tendency. It's a really good read. And yes I got Alpha Sapphire and X. I'd have to battle you in Wifi later, since I have some school stuff going on. I'm also OK with battling in PS! Look me up as Esidisi (surprise surprise lol). I mostly play RU, OU and 1v1.
Knew it totally knew it. Kars is definitely one of my favorites. I've definitely enjoyed Diamond is Unbreakable and Vento Aureo and while I love Jolyne to death Stone Ocean was pretty intense

Knew it totally knew it. Kars is definitely one of my favorites. I've definitely enjoyed Diamond is Unbreakable and Vento Aureo and while I love Jolyne to death Stone Ocean was pretty intense
I am yet to read Vento Aureo, I think it has to do with Dio's child?

QueBien

Hi name's Kane. I've been into pokemon since I played through a japanese yellow version countless times (don't ask me how I did it I'm still shocked i even pulled it off wo knowing what anything said). I've been into the competitive scene since HGSS but I've had an on again off again relationship w the metagame, stopped going on PO when Y came out and focused on making a competitive team in-game. I've spent a lot of time on the serebii forums, mostly since I found smogon too hard-core and intimidating, however I really want to boost my competitive game so I decided immerse myself in the online competitive community and see if i can boost my game
Hey KaneAshura!
Nice to meet you! I've never played the originals, but I plan to sometime in the future when I'm not held up by work. Funny, I started going on PS! when Y was released and that's when I got introduced to competitive Pokemon. It's made me a much better player than I was at the start (heck, I used to use an all-offensive Blissey in Ubers), and it's also what got me into Smogon. Have a nice time here!

Lass Rosie

Banned deucer.
Hey guys, my name is Rosie, and I have the dubious honour of being a female Smogoner (Smogonite? Smogonist?). I'm a cheerful kind of person, a Percy Jackson fangirl and a UU player. Hope to see you all around!

Hey guys, my name is Rosie, and I have the dubious honour of being a female Smogoner (Smogonite? Smogonist?). I'm a cheerful kind of person, a Percy Jackson fangirl and a UU player. Hope to see you all around!
Sup Rosie. I personally freakin' hate Percy Jackson. Can't wait to battle you, kekeke. I see you only joined today, but have you been around on Smogon for longer? If not, maybe I could show you around.

Anyhow, enjoy your time here, lass.

I am yet to read Vento Aureo, I think it has to do with Dio's child?
ONE of Dio's children yes. Turns out that body stealing Vampire went on a bit of a booty call during the time he woke up to the end of Crusaders. As far as I know though Giorno is the only one who inherits the Joestar mentality.

I am DC SERVERS if you are looking for links to docs you came to the right place If there is a project going on in DC I will send the link and let you know

What's up guys my names Kon. Im new to smogon (and competive battleing all together really) but I've been playing Pokemon since RBY on the original gameboy. I'm 25, currently playing alpha sapph, and trying to take my battling to the next level. I'm super new and there's a lot for me to learn but I think that's what excites me, the fact that I don't know as much about Pokemon as I thought. I'm going to try and read as many articles as possible and try to get into the next round of battle 101. Can't wait to start learning and battling and maybe meet some cool people along the way.

QueBien

What's up guys my names Kon. Im new to smogon (and competive battleing all together really) but I've been playing Pokemon since RBY on the original gameboy. I'm 25, currently playing alpha sapph, and trying to take my battling to the next level. I'm super new and there's a lot for me to learn but I think that's what excites me, the fact that I don't know as much about Pokemon as I thought. I'm going to try and read as many articles as possible and try to get into the next round of battle 101. Can't wait to start learning and battling and maybe meet some cool people along the way.
Hey KonMan!
Welcome to the site! I've been playing since Emerald on my friends' GBAs until a few months after the release of XY, when I got my own 3DS and Y. I have AS too, but haven't yet gotten around to completing it. If you have any questions, be sure to take a look at our Questions threads or our Help form. Have fun!

My Name is Rudy , I'm 15 years old and love Pokemon. I discovered PS 3 years ago but I had to quit battling because i was just TOO addicted to it :P. Now I've finished my high school studies and I think i can play on a controllable amount. I am pretty unaware of Gen 6 stuff , since i left the Pokemon Community when X&Y was released. Any help on that matter will be appreciated . Looking forward to our next battle , Cheers !

My Name is Rudy , I'm 15 years old and love Pokemon. I discovered PS 3 years ago but I had to quit battling because i was just TOO addicted to it :P. Now I've finished my high school studies and I think i can play on a controllable amount. I am pretty unaware of Gen 6 stuff , since i left the Pokemon Community when X&Y was released. Any help on that matter will be appreciated . Looking forward to our next battle , Cheers !
Sup Rudy, welcome to Smogon. A 'controllable' amount, haha. You and I both now that's going to get out of hand. If you have any specific questions on the 6th generation, feel free to message me about it. Or just check out the Have a Question? Ask it here! thread. Also if you feel like battling sometime, I'm down!

Enjoy your time here man :heart:

Sup Rudy, welcome to Smogon. A 'controllable' amount, haha. You and I both now that's going to get out of hand. If you have any specific questions on the 6th generation, feel free to message me about it. Or just check out the Have a Question? Ask it here! thread. Also if you feel like battling sometime, I'm down!

Enjoy your time here man :heart:
Hey fluke! Thanks for the reply , sure Let's battle anytime soon. Btw I would appreciate if you would go ahead and have a look at my OU team http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...ate-your-thoughts-on-it.3534112/#post-6136971

Heyo. I'm Justin. Earlier this month for my 30th birthday I was given a 3ds and a copy of Omega Ruby. I'd never played pokemon at all before.

I got hooked so hard that two weeks later I'm 85% of the way through building my Hoenn living dex (47% of the National) and know how to breed IV's and natures, EV train, and so on. I can breed competitive quality pokemon but I have no idea what to do with them once I have them... so now I'm here, and a bit intimidated by the sheer volume of information. Slowly making sense of it all haha.

I have no clue where to start so I'm probably just gonna slap together a team and dive in face-first, then make adjustments as I figure out why I fail so much. If anyone has a better idea, I'm all ears. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)