smogon irl

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
potentially guest starring elevator music and blarajan with a special guest appearance from Mystery User

I think it would be pretty sick if we had Smogon meet ups. Most of us are able to do so, and a lot of us have friends near us. I know I live near f(x), and we know what we look like between us, so it would be very interesting. Sure, we could organize them ourselves, but I feel like a large Smogon meet up would be really awesome. Get to know some more people, have some irl fun. :D

13ulbasaur

* It seems to be nervous about fighting.
is an Artist Alumnus
making a list of new zealanders and where they are. any info is appreciated.

lasagne - tauranga
tgmd - wellington
trc - auckland
talktakestime - christchurch
heist -
hipmonlee - hamilton judging from his post
fatecrashers - wellington
ginganinja - wellington
the captain - auckland
@TGMD: lasagne is being a creeper and wants to know ur exact address and / or city

I'm in Tauranga. HI LASAGNE PARTY AT MY PLACE

Last edited:

Minus

get a dog little longy, get a dog
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I live in Houston, though there aren't many Smogoners here it seems. the people closest to me that I know live >500 miles away (antemortem on a ranch in north Texas and Gary2346 in Louisiana). some1 pls b my fren :(

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
First smogonite I ever met was DM, and we've hung out a couple times over the years. BiGGiE and I have hung out on several occasions, also with MikeDecIsHere . I've met several smogonites irl over the years at a couple meetups (Deck Knight, morm, comatthew6 , kittenmay , Lanturn314, pookar). I also met a bunch of smogonites at the most recent Worlds in DC last year, too many to name right now.

Perhaps more interestingly, chaos himself and I used to get Indian food together regularly, but I haven't seen him since he moved back out of state.

Hanging out with smogonites is often awkward for me because I'm over 30 and most of our users are teenagers, but it's been known to happen obviously. I live in NJ so I have access to a variety of populated areas where smogonites are likely to live

Ye, WaterBomb , BiGGiE and I went drinking in Manhattan.

Hmm, I've met aim , chimpact , Lunar. and a bunch of Nugget Bridge people (Cybertron , Jio , etc) over the years at various events.

Probably going to meet a few more Smogonites at the Dota 2 International over the summer.

I live pretty close to Manhattan, so if anyone wants to get shitfaced there, that could be a thing (need to be careful though, being a teacher and all).

IM SO SAD AND FROM THE PHILIPPINES. WATER SEPARATES ME FROM ALL SMOGONITES AND THERE IS NO LOCAL POKEMON SCENE. THERE AIN'T NO WATER IMMUNITY TO SOLVE THIS SHIT.

But yeah, I am in a sad situation I guess. I'm from the Philippines so it's impossible to see any other relevant smogonites. There aren't even any VGC tournaments here sad :( I can try to head to Singapore for school purposes, and maybe meet some Smogonites there.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
IM SO SAD AND FROM THE PHILIPPINES. WATER SEPARATES ME FROM ALL SMOGONITES AND THERE IS NO LOCAL POKEMON SCENE. THERE AIN'T NO WATER IMMUNITY TO SOLVE THIS SHIT.

But yeah, I am in a sad situation I guess. I'm from the Philippines so it's impossible to see any other relevant smogonites. There aren't even any VGC tournaments here sad :( I can try to head to Singapore for school purposes, and maybe meet some Smogonites there.
Memoric

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
If anyone is thinking about going to Worlds in Boston and NOT meeting up with me, I will hunt them down and kill them with the Red Corvette

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Nope, I'd love to but living in India means I'll probably never meet a smogoner irl unless I go abroad for education/work. It would be particularly awesome to meet up with someone from the Football (Soccer) thread, hang out, talk about mons and football; Stallion is probably the closest in that regard.

only smogoner ive ever met irl is Mazz, because it turned out we went to the same high school and university, and even had a bunch of mutual friends :O

havent hung out to much, but when we do meet up we mainly just talk about mons in the library :O

only smogoner ive ever met irl is Mazz, because it turned out we went to the same high school and university, and even had a bunch of mutual friends :O

havent hung out to much, but when we do meet up we mainly just talk about mons in the library :O
We don't hang out because you dropped out :P When you come back we will fix this.

i've met a ton of smogoners actually

first was gormenghast back in like 2008

then steelicks when i visited australia, i called him and asked him if he wanted to meet up for lunch and he said 'only if youre prepared to get pawns like dog'

dm, fish, and fishy came to visit me in tokyo a couple years ago, which was about as wonderful as you'd imagine

big bayou came to tokyo last summer and we hung out a bit but as i said in another thread it felt oddly strained given our prior closeness

strangerdanger came out here a couple months later after going to league of legends worlds in seoul, dude positively glows with worldlove, it was a pleasure to meet him

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
making a list of new zealanders and where they are. any info is appreciated.

lasagne - tauranga
tgmd - wellington
trc - auckland
talktakestime - christchurch
heist -
hipmonlee - hamilton judging from his post
fatecrashers - wellington
ginganinja - wellington
the captain - auckland
13ulbasaur - TAURANGA

whoooaaa what the actual crap

ginganinja is in new plymouth now afaik, heist is in wellington unless he went somewhere else for uni, ye olde team oceania member animenagai is in palmerston north, pretty sure hipmonlee is now working in wellington, RIP firebotter mountain dewgong is in auckland?

junior

jet fuel can't melt steel beams
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
I've met Earthworm like twice or three times or something, he lives like 20 min away. still planning to (hopefully) meet some other inactive smogoners from other countries, who i keep in touch with, some time in this life time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)