F1 2015

Discuss~

No more Marussia :(
Can Vettel regain his reputation?
How will Button measure up to Alonso?
How will Lotus fare this year with a Mercedes engine?

Or whatever else you feel like discussing about the upcoming season... :P

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
\o/

F1 is coming! Five weeks or so and we will be on the grid in Australia! :D

Looks like Marussia won't be there, Strategy Group/Teams have declined their request to be able to use last years car (which was a stupid idea anyway).

We still don't even have a solid Calendar yet either :( I am looking forward to the free practices in Australia and seeing if Mercedes still have a huge upper hand. Judging from testing so far they've pretty much done the same mileage as everyone else combined :|

Lol why Kevin? Button may be old but he was pretty good last year; you really couldn't have asked much more from him and I predict Alonso will be pushed pretty hard by him... provided he doesn't get the Räikkönen treatment :/

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Anyone have any ideas about Alonso's very strange testing crash yesterday?

Hit the inside wall on the fast Turn 3 at Catalunya. According to Vettel (who was behind him at the time), Alonso was not pushing and was "cruising" through the turn at about 150kph (exit speed of that corner is nearer 240kph). Then just seemed to turn into the wall for seemingly no reason.

He was taken to hospital "uninjured" but has had a concussion and will be having an MRI and CT scan today. Not a fast impact by any means for an F1 car, seems strange his injury has been so severe. Also seems strange McLaren have not said what broke/caused the accident either.

Some very fishy stories coming out from all over the place at the moment as to what happened.

my guess it something was wrong with the tires and made his car lose control, but as of now i know that Alonso is alright and will be ready for next season. And since they were testing something it might have been new tires FYI

Maybe he just made an error? I mean I know he's Alonso but even he slips up from time to time, imagine what would we all say if it were Maldonado...

Wow what did Sauber get themselves into... seems like Sutil knew something we didn't back when he said this and it wasn't just out of bitterness after all: http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2014/11/06/sutil-casts-doubt-saubers-future-losing-seat/

And from what I heard, Sutil is also suing them along with van der Garde for breach of contract... off-track action is also quite entertaining I must say :P

I was never really impressed by van der Garde but if Sauber signed a contract with him, they should honor it and give him the seat... I don't buy any of Monisha's 'safety' excuses; she's really desperate and clutching at straws there, this is the same team that made de la Rosa a replacement for Perez under such short notice for the 2011 Canadian Grand Prix

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Yo does any place exist where I can watch the races online in like vod form or something? I've never really fully followed a season before but the narratives surrounding this one seem interesting so I'm looking to get into it.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
Orange Islands
TheValkyries Best bet is too look up the Calendar and then just look for streams when they (sessions) are on.

Slightly dodgy honestly, but for some people it's the only way to view races. There will be plenty of streams around if you google for live ones.

Not sure if anyone will be putting up archived races though, FOM have a really tight fist on that on most social media.

Interesting race yesterday... Mercedes definitely fucked up and allowed Vettel to get into the win. They really messed up. It also lends credence to the rumour that they "let" Ferrari win to avoid any equalisation actions that may be taken thanks to RBR/Renault lobbying. Either that or Malaysia was a designated "save the engine race". Power right down to make sure the four engines last the whole season.

EDIT: Its_A_Random just told me that they may change to five engines, same as last year. Found this: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/118232

Last edited:
It is the first time Mercedes lost a race in a straight fight... as in no random weather changes, mechanical failures or taking each other out which was the case with all 3 of Ricciardo's wins last season so credit to Ferrari for that, but I'm sure they won't underestimate Ferrari any longer after this.

Likewise... this season won't be as dominant as 2014, but I'm sure Mercedes will win by a comfortable margin like Red Bull did in 2011, even if other teams might win occasionally.

hellpowna

beware of coco
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
vettel like shumacher.
vettel needs just 3 titles to be like shumy. he's just 27 yo..a new legend is coming

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
Orange Islands
What? Another World title for Vettel is unlikely honestly. Unless Ferrari really sort their shit out and Vettel gets the team galvanized I find it unlikely. At this point the Mercedes juggernaut shows absolutely no signs of stopping.

I'm pretty happy with the results for the lower teams, Torro Rosso being faster than Red Bull is fucking ace. Horner needs to stop being a whiney fuck and man up and get the team going again. Saubers scoring points again is also great news for the team :) I hope they beat out FI in the constructors this year.

At times in China that Honda engine sounded like a bag of nails... Was not a nice noise it was making, but I hope Honda do get it sorted sooner rather than later. McLaren may be using this as a gestation year before a brand new car/engine combo comes across next season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)