Programming Gen1to3 All-in-one Editor and Converter

The problem is the PKM files you are using are size 136.
Gen 3 PKM files are 80 or 100 bytes, and Gen 1 and 2 PKM files even smaller.
Where did you get these PKM files from, are they from a later game or editor for later generation?
Only Gen 3 PKM files generated by A-Save, Encycopedia Pokemonica and this editor are supported.

Version 4.2 will display an explicit message when given a file of incorrect size. It's not a bug however.
Thanks, now i know why! There is a way to convert this .pkm files to a smaller capable of run in your software? Cause this files open on Pokegen, but not on your editor!

Thanks, now i know why! There is a way to convert this .pkm files to a smaller capable of run in your software? Cause this files open on Pokegen, but not on your editor!
I have not used PokeGen myself but think there is software out there that takes Gen 3 as input. I think someone made a command line tool to do the reverse.
There's no immediate plans to support generations 4 or later, sorry.

I'm attempting to use the 32-bit version on my 32-bit Windows 7 desktop and java keeps throwing me this error and then immediately closing, something about using 64-bit libraries in a 32-bit VM.

Code:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Cannot load 64-bit SWT libraries on 32-bit JVM
        at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Library.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
        at org.eclipse.swt.internal.C.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
        at pokemon.editor.full.Runner.main(Runner.java:89)

I'm attempting to use the 32-bit version on my 32-bit Windows 7 desktop and java keeps throwing me this error and then immediately closing, something about using 64-bit libraries in a 32-bit VM.

Code:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Cannot load 64-bit SWT libraries on 32-bit JVM
        at org.eclipse.swt.internal.C.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
        at pokemon.editor.full.Runner.main(Runner.java:89)
See original post for update 4.2 - not an April Fool!

New features
  • RNG for Methods 1, 2, 4 and GC.
  • Box Name editing
  • Box Wallpaper editing

DynastKing: I have been unable to reproduce your bug running the 32-bit version in 64-bit OS or 64-bit version in 32-bit OS, or 32/32 and 64/64. Perhaps you are running an older version?
Either way, it's worth downloading and trying the new release. Thanks for your feedback.

Last edited:
I can't find any download more recent than 3.4, which doesn't work. 32-bit does nothing at all, 64-bit says it needs java runtime 1.5.0, which i have the updated one, and dug up the old one to install, it still gives the error.

on win7 by the way. this tool sounds awesome, i'd love to try it.

I can't find any download more recent than 3.4, which doesn't work. 32-bit does nothing at all, 64-bit says it needs java runtime 1.5.0, which i have the updated one, and dug up the old one to install, it still gives the error.

on win7 by the way. this tool sounds awesome, i'd love to try it.
I'll try the downloads as linked from Smogon into a Virtual Windows machine. I have version 4.2 on Max OS X.

New Pokemon Gen 1 to 3 Editor

Compatible with Pokemon Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Fire Red, Leaf Green and Emerald SAV, PKM and 3GPKM files. Java 1.5 or above required.

It is possible to turn my 3rd Gen Pokémon into 2nd Gen? When i try that with the convert option the program just closes, and i'm trying to get back Johto/Kanto Pokémon for a Crystal save.

This is all because i tried to replicate my old team on Fire Red time ago, i didn't even know your software existed, now i feel just so stupid.

MetropolisJ I like the program but is there a 4.2 download link for Windows 64-bit? The OP still seems to be outdated, and the file I've downloaded keeps requesting Java runtime 1.5 (which I already have)

When I use this program on my Pokemon Yellow save file created by VBA-M (SVN 1229) all of the Pokemon that are in the currently selected PC box get deleted.

Hi there. Love the program, but i'm a little confused on how to finalize an edit. I change the EVs on my Sceptile, hit save and return to the Main Screen, then what?
Sorry if this is something I SHOULD know :/

Thanks so much for writing this, it's cool to finally have a way to transfer from the original games into the newer generations.

I was running into the same issue with my Pokemon Yellow save where the current box wasn't being loaded, so I decompiled the program to see if I could find a way to fix this.

After adding the lines in bold to SAVInputStream.readPokemonStorage(), the program displayed the contents of current box perfectly:
seek(Offsets.CURRENT_BOX_DATA);
Box1 currentBox = readBox(currentBoxByte);
int currentBoxIndex = currentBoxByte & 0xF;
boxes[currentBoxIndex] = currentBox;

return new PokemonStorage1(party, boxes, currentBox, currentBoxByte);
I hope this helps!

Okay... I'm using linux and I just installed Open JDK and Metropolis doesn't show the images or the textboxes. I'm on Pokemon Emerald. Can you fix or make a different version for Open JDK or is Metropolis only for Java Oracle on Windows?

EDIT: I installed java and ran the program with the command, but Metropolis is still buggy.

PICS:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/h8syt9n986jza1e/Screenshot+from+2015-08-26+102357.png

(Everything is like that except for the first slots for each of the categories)

Last edited:
Your tool is very nice and much better than Pikasave. But i've got a little problem. If i change the crystal save the file gets completely ignored. My only option is "new game". In the save editor everything is fine. But it doesnt help me if i cant play this file. What is wrong?

Running Ubuntu right now, and as soon as I try to save a Pokemon Red save file I get the following:

Code:
nick@nick-Latitude-E6510:~/Downloads/Pokemon/Editor$ sudo java -jar pokemon-editor-linux64-4.2-jar-with-dependencies.jar
Sep 26, 2015 6:57:12 PM java.util.prefs.FileSystemPreferences$7 run
WARNING: Prefs file removed in background /root/.java/.userPrefs/prefs.xml

(SWT:5064): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 1682 was not found when attempting to remove it

(SWT:5064): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 6283 was not found when attempting to remove it

(SWT:5064): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 6755 was not found when attempting to remove it

(SWT:5064): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 7598 was not found when attempting to remove it

(SWT:5064): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 8465 was not found when attempting to remove it

(SWT:5064): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 11079 was not found when attempting to remove it

(SWT:5064): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 21128 was not found when attempting to remove it

(SWT:5064): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 21564 was not found when attempting to remove it

(SWT:5064): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 27556 was not found when attempting to remove it
Sep 26, 2015 7:03:44 PM pokemon.editor.gen1.actions.PokemonValidator validate
INFO: Invalid value corrected.
Sep 26, 2015 7:03:44 PM pokemon.editor.gen1.actions.PokemonValidator validate
INFO: Invalid value corrected.

(SWT:5064): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 29130 was not found when attempting to remove it

(SWT:5064): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 29759 was not found when attempting to remove it

(SWT:5064): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 30065 was not found when attempting to remove it

(SWT:5064): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 31205 was not found when attempting to remove it

(SWT:5064): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 31820 was not found when attempting to remove it

(SWT:5064): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 31887 was not found when attempting to remove it
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException: Invalid value=null
    at pokemon.editor.domain.utils.AssertUtil.requireNotNull(AssertUtil.java:99)
    at pokemon.editor.gen1.value.Box1.<init>(Box1.java:62)
    at pokemon.editor.gen1.value.Box1.<init>(Box1.java:54)
    at pokemon.editor.gen1.value.Box1.valueOf(Box1.java:26)
    at pokemon.editor.gen1.value.PokemonStorage1.boxes(PokemonStorage1.java:29)
    at pokemon.editor.gen1.value.PokemonStorage1.<init>(PokemonStorage1.java:61)
    at pokemon.editor.gen1.value.PokemonStorage1.valueOf(PokemonStorage1.java:23)
    at pokemon.editor.gen1.value.Game1.<init>(Game1.java:46)
    at pokemon.editor.gen1.value.Game1.valueOf(Game1.java:24)
    at pokemon.editor.gen1.model.GameModel.value(GameModel.java:96)
    at pokemon.editor.gen1.gui.game.GameShell$4.widgetSelected(GameShell.java:140)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Unknown Source)
    at pokemon.editor.full.Runner$1.run(Runner.java:95)
    at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
    at pokemon.editor.full.Runner.main(Runner.java:81)

Hello, I'm new here... (sorry about my English, not my native language)
Can someone help me run this app, I'm using ubuntu 15.10 x64

I'm having the same issues as Norpyx :/

Last edited:
I downloaded the program without a snag and am able to create new saves, but absolutely nothing happens when I try to open a preexisting .SAV file. Does anyone have any insights?

"Major update version 3.4" Has a MAJOR glitch, I ran the 64 bit .exe and it said that I needed Java runtime 1.5.0 64-bit. Then it redirected me to the java website and I downloaded it, I installed it, ran the .exe again, AND IT SAID I NEEDED JAVA AGAIN. So I tried the 32 bit .exe and nothing happened... :/ not happy about that. I know I am not the only person that has this problem, and I know that you're looking in to it, and I know that some people want a updated version, but I think I wound be a lot simpler if you would give use a link to an earlier version, like 3.1

I watched a video were they used that version and it seemed to work just fine. I did a search on it to see if I could find it, but all I got was 3.4 or 4.2 but all links to "4.2" were that same links that 3.4 link sent me to.

I downloaded the legacy version, and that work "OK" I guess, but like I said before, I would like to have a link to the 3.1 version or an updated version.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)