[READ ME] Tips for Simple Hack Checks

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Quick question: Does the powersaves "quick hatch" code count as hacking? How does it work? Haven't used it before but I was curious (coz I have a bunch of eggs I need to hatch, lol).
Yes, iirc it edits some of the pokemon's data to make it hatch quicker, but I have seen a couple of pokemon at Pokéguy 's thread from EV which notes that it was used.
We allowed it in the past, there's no reason we won't now. All it does is modify the egg hatch cycle (not on the Pokemon itself) so a step equals however many hatch cycles (or that's what it used to do, I don't know specifically how the powersaves version works). Bottom line is that I don't care if you use it, and while I can't say anything specifically about the other moderators, I doubt they care either.

Language: English
Species: Terrakion
OT: SquillZ
OT Gender: Male (IIRC)
ID No.: 25292
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
EVs (optional): 252 Att/252 Spe/ 4 elsewhere
Ability: Justified
Pokemon's name: Terrakion
Level: 100
Pokeball: Ultra
Shiny?: Yes
Pentagon?: Yes
Moves: Stone edge/X-Scissor/Earthquake/Close combat
Nature: Jolly
Region of origin: Hoenn
Characteristic: Somewhat vain
Ribbons: None
Other comments (optional): Got via GTS. Same guy has sent out at least 3 others (Asking for a regular blastoise). Has memories, something to do with rare candies with the OT, and getting traded at dendemill town.

Need this checking quick. I need to know if I can use it in a tourney tomorrow (isn't official), as I am still waiting on a trade for another terrakion today, that I know isn't of questionable origin.

Other comments (optional): Got via GTS. Same guy has sent out at least 3 others (Asking for a regular blastoise). Has memories, something to do with rare candies with the OT, and getting traded at dendemill town.

Need this checking quick. I need to know if I can use it in a tourney tomorrow (isn't official), as I am still waiting on a trade for another terrakion today, that I know isn't of questionable origin.
Since it does seem to originate in Hoenn, I'm gonna say it's more likely then not hacked. Completely possible for a hexaflawless shiny Terrakion to happen, just extremely rare and fact you got it from GTS makes it even more suspicious. A quick google search pulls this up, which makes me want to guess the original owner hacked + mass cloned it and distributed it through WT.

Shiny hexaflawless from the GTS? Regardless of its region, I'd say a hack. Certainly wouldn't attempt to trade it here unless you have any sort of proof it isn't.

Since it does seem to originate in Hoenn, I'm gonna say it's more likely then not hacked. Completely possible for a hexaflawless shiny Terrakion to happen, just extremely rare and fact you got it from GTS makes it even more suspicious. A quick google search pulls this up, which makes me want to guess the original owner hacked + mass cloned it and distributed it through WT.
That terrakion matches up exactly. Ah well, time to wait =[

Shiny hexaflawless from the GTS? Regardless of its region, I'd say a hack. Certainly wouldn't attempt to trade it here unless you have any sort of proof it isn't.
Wasn't intending to trade it anywhere. I just needed a terrakion for tomorrow

Last edited:
I'm in the same boat - I've gotten two Terrakion via WT. Both are Jolly hexaflawless from Hoenn. One is shiny (OT Brock, ID 25642, EVs 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe, Ultra Ball); the other is normal (OT Anon, ID 03013, EVs 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe, Premier Ball). Is there any chance that they're not laughably hacked?

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The non-shiny is much more likely to have been obtained legitimately, but still rather unlikely. Considering you got it off the Wonder Trade, it's fairly safe to assume both were edited, which is generally the case for basically anything that isn't garbage that is obtained through WT.

Hello,

I'm to 100% sure, that this Arceus is a hack.

Language: Japanese
Species: Arceus
OT: デセルシティ
ID No.: 03075
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31 (to perfect)
EVs (optional): 252 Atk /4 Def / 252 Spe
Ability: Multitype
Pokemon's name: Hydros (---> Hack)
Pokeball: Cherish Ball
Moves: Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Brick Break, Shawdow Claw
Nature: Adamant
Region of origin: Apparently had a fateful encounter at Lv. 100
Characteristic: Takes plenty of siestas
Ribbons: No (----> Hack...)
Other comments (optional): The date is 7.3.2015, Pokemon-Film 2015. I get it from a User at spieletipps.de. He meant he got the Arceus from GTS (---> hack)

Language:JPN
Species: Mew
OT: Japanese characters
ID No.: 47137
Ability: Synchronize
Pokemon's name: Japanese characters
Pokeball: Pokeball
Pentagon?: No
Moves: Psychic, Roost, Shadowball, Aura Sphere
Nature: Sassy
Characteristic: Alert to sounds
Ribbons: Hoenn Champion Ribbon, Careless Ribbon
Other comments: I am a 19 year old male college student and if you tell me I have a legit shiny Mew I might cry. The perfect IVs and the pokeball are suspicious to me, but I am super hopeful.

Language:JPN
Species: Mew
OT: Japanese characters
ID No.: 47137
Ability: Synchronize
Pokemon's name: Japanese characters
Pokeball: Pokeball
Pentagon?: No
Moves: Psychic, Roost, Shadowball, Aura Sphere
Characteristic: Alert to sounds
Ribbons: Hoenn Champion Ribbon, Careless Ribbon
Other comments: I am a 19 year old male college student and if you tell me I have a legit shiny Mew I might cry. The perfect IVs and the pokeball are suspicious to me, but I am super hopeful.
Hacked. Sorry.

• Only 4 natures are possible for 31/31/31/31/31/31 Pokemon caught in generations 3 & 4 (exceptions below). These natures are calm, docile, modest, and timid.
The Nature and IV combination (Sassy+31/31/31/31/31/31 are impossible on Genderless Pokemon.

Is there any reason that Igglybuff, Shuckle, and Smoochum aren't listed under the Dream Ball spoiler? They are obtainable though gen 5 using the Dream Radar and should be obtainable through breeding in gen 6, unless dream radar only gives male pokes and both Serebii and Bulbapedia forgot to mention it.

Is there any reason that Igglybuff, Shuckle, and Smoochum aren't listed under the Dream Ball spoiler? They are obtainable though gen 5 using the Dream Radar and should be obtainable through breeding in gen 6, unless dream radar only gives male pokes and both Serebii and Bulbapedia forgot to mention it.
Shuckle is listed, Igglybuff and Smoochum are listed as Jigglypuff and Jynx respectively.

For Igglybuff and Msoochum, probably cause Jigglypuff and Jynx are listed, which automatically means their prevolved forms are available in Dream Balls. Shuckle is listed under Dream Ball.

EDIT: Boo ninja'd :/

ok i got this in a trade with some guy on passerby im pretty sure its hacked

Language:English
Species: Virizion
OT: AuSLove
ID No.: 0432
Ability:Justified
Pokemon's name:Virizion
Level: 50
Pokeball:Nest
Pentagon?: yes
Moves:retaliate,giga drain,sacred sword,swords dance
Characteristic: likes to thrash about

I really don't know where else to ask, but does anyone think using TSVs is cheating?
Apparently, a former mod of Showdown told me using TSVs was cheating. I don't see why, but I would like to know.

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I really don't know where else to ask, but does anyone think using TSVs is cheating?
Apparently, a former mod of Showdown told me using TSVs was cheating. I don't see why, but I would like to know.
That's Showdown, not here. No it's not "cheating".

Edit: Serebii isn't even as bad. They at least keep a hack checking thread.

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Right, quick answer and then no more about it.
The primary reason of concern for people who think of it as "cheating" is because hidden information (in particular, the SID of the trainer, and the PID of the Pokémon in the egg) are viewed in order to utilise the method. Where to draw the line for such viewing hidden information is complicated.

There are many reasons that this website (and most others) accept this level of viewing information is acceptable.
  • The method could be utilised by trading the egg to someone and if it didn't hatch shiny for them have them reset so it's still an egg and then trade it to the next person. This would [in a sense] skip the requirement to view the PID of the Pokémon.
  • You could RNG abuse [do not discuss the legitimacy of RNG abuse, this has been covered extensively] the same TID of your Generation 6 game in a past Generation game with all 65,536 different possible SIDs and see which one you're able to nickname when transferred to Generation 6. This would skip the requirement to view the SID of your trainer.
  • Viewing the hidden information has little detrimental effect to you or others (beyond devaluing shinies obtained by other methods).
  • This has been a part of Pokémon since Generation 3 (before TID/SID abuse was a thing).
TL;DR version:
  • Could be seen as cheating because you view hidden information of the game.
  • The level of access has been deemed acceptable and is allowed on this (and most other) site(s).
No more discussion of the matter.

Language: ENG
Species: Swellow
OT: Jack
ID No.: 00668
IVs: 31 / 31 / 31 / 5 / 31 / 31
EVs (optional): Reseted
Ability: Guts
Pokemon's name: Swellow
Pokeball: Luxury Ball
Shiny?: No
Moves: Fly / Steel Wing / Air Slash / Pursuit
Region of origin: Kalos
Characteristic: Capable of taking hits
Ribbons: Kalos Champion Ribbon
Other comments (optional): Got it from Link Trade, it has memory (checked in Anistar City)

I'd like to know if this Swellow it's good. I think it is, but I'd like to be sure.

Language: ENG
Species: Swellow
OT: Jack
ID No.: 00668
IVs: 31 / 31 / 31 / 5 / 31 / 31
EVs (optional): Reseted
Ability: Guts
Pokemon's name: Swellow
Pokeball: Luxury Ball
Shiny?: No
Moves: Fly / Steel Wing / Air Slash / Pursuit
Region of origin: Kalos
Characteristic: Capable of taking hits
Ribbons: Kalos Champion Ribbon
Other comments (optional): Got it from Link Trade, it has memory (checked in Anistar City)

I'd like to know if this Swellow it's good. I think it is, but I'd like to be sure.
Looks like a regular breed that was trained to level 100. It's not hard at all to breed a non-shiny Taillow/Swellow in a Luxury Ball with those IVs, a Jolly nature and the egg move Pursuit. I don't see anything suspicious.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)