XY OU Scizor/Latios core (peaked at 1400)

Hi guys, I build this team around 3 weeks ago and I found it to win every single game at first (low ladder kek) but once I started hitting late 1300/early 1400 I started only winning every other game and I peaked around 1400. I feel it's a good team, but it struggles with some common threats and I think my own ability makes it struggle as well.

Okay so here it is.

I wanted to build it around Mega Scizor, so that was the first step. It's probably my favourite mega. The bulky SD set making my manhood tremble. So deciding what would make for good offensive presence with MScizor was important. I decided on bringing 2 quick threats to provide synergy with the relatively slow MScizor and also bringing things that dealt with anything that totally stopped MScizor from sweeping. I decidred on Latios and Scarfed Ttar as between them, they clean up pretty much everything that MScizor can't. Also Latios works incredibly well as a fast defogger who can hit hard back.

Next, I needed a support core that would be able to switch into anything that my main offensive threats struggled with and something to deal with setup sweepers/setting up rocks.

I quickly decided on a defensive core of Slowbro/Clefable/Heatran simply because these 3 look after each other ridiculously well. It's also nice to have a secondary psychic option to deal with Keldeo (
I've noticed that my Slowbro beats Keldeo 1v1)

The team

Squeezor (Scizor-Mega) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower
- Swords Dance
The star of the team. Once it gets to +2 it can OHKO a large proportion of the tier with bullet punch alone. The SD and 3 attacks set is pretty common, and the 3 attacks chosen are also common. I toyed with knock off instead of superpower, but superpower puts in work singlehandedly against things that threaten MScizor. Bug bite is a fantastic move that hits 90 BP with technician and nothing needs to be said about bullet punch. EV's are pretty standard with 8 in SpD.

Latias (Latios) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Earthquake
Defog is necessary for this set as my walls will get worn out with the amount of switching I do. Latios is an amazing defogger as it can switch into many threats, hit a defog then blow a hole into a lot of stuff in the tier. It's basic role is to eliminate Rotom-W and Heatran though, as it can switch into both with any worry and send off an EQ or a Draco Meteor. Switching into Lati is easy. You can switch, fire off a LO Draco and watch things die. Psyshock provides nice cover for Keldeo and Venusaur.

SPIKE (Tyranitar) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
The premium pursuit trapper in the tier. (screw you Bisharp) I have a serious amount of love for this guy. He's my lead, either to hit a speedy stone edge, bait a WoW or pursuit trap a threat. Also underrated is the sandstorm I get up in the first few turns. My team doesn't really care about it and the constant stream of damage it does is nice early on. Moveset is standard for as much coverage as possible and max attack/speed EV's are textbook to outspeed anything in the 350-370 range.

Paul (Slowbro) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Thunder Wave
- Psyshock
One of the best physical walls in OU, IMO. Has amazing recovery with lefties, slack off and regenerator, has offensive presence and good typing. Also access to the best support move in scald. Everything is standard on this guy. Slack off provides recovery, scald/psyshock are nice dual STABs with the added bonus of a burn (90% tbh) with scald and twave slows down things on the switch. EV's in hp and def are self-explanatory and Bold nature is as well. <3 you Paul.

Cheatran IMO (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Roar
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
Paired with the premier physical wall in OU is the premier special wall. This guy just takes hits. He's 3HKO'd by Rotom-W's hydro pump. Usually used for WoW bait for sableye and completing stopping Serperior amongst other things, my name for him is apt. HE's a tank. Not only a tank but has amazing offensive presence which made me struggle to decide on his moveset. Lava plume and roar are mandatory as lava plume is a STAB with a chance to burn and roar phases out scary things. SR and toxic are fantastic utility moves.

Jigglypugg (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Flamethrower
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
Finally, the pink blob everybody loves. Is fantastic to bait status and is quite the wall once it gets a CM up. Flamethrower is for Ferro/Scizor and moonblast provides a STAB. SOftboiled combined with leftovers provides reliable recovery. I toyed with the idea of a LO but I finalised that recovery was too important. She's such a safe switch to so many things it's unreal. Also my secondary physical wall if slowbro can't come in.

Threats:

Rotom-W - If I lose, the other guy has one of these. Latios is the only thing that can deal with it reliably. It cripples most of my team to be honest and I don't have many things to stop it.

Belly drum Azu - Oh. My. God. Nothing I have can stop it with fainting itself. I'm relying on Latios again to hit it with a psyshock then a BP from Scizor. I can stop it but something always dies because of it.

Importable
Squeezor (Scizor-Mega) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower
- Swords Dance

Latias (Latios) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Earthquake

SPIKE (Tyranitar) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Paul (Slowbro) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
Bold Nature
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Thunder Wave
- Psyshock

Cheatran IMO (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Roar
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Jigglypugg (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Flamethrower
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast

I can't get spoiler tags working so if anyone could help, that would be fantastic :)

cool team :]
i have some minor suggestions for now, its to change the ev spreads on the mons.
On clefable, change the spread to 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD with a calm nature to be able to check thundurus, while still checking latios and other things like kyurem black.
Also, i feel like going max max on scizor couldnt hurt you, it allows you to outspeed things like non offensive tran, and mega scizor is still pretty bulky without the bulk. Im suggesting this because you are not running roost either, sd+3 attacks likes the speed.

I toyed with the idea of running 96 SpD on Clefable but haven't done it yet. Will try. And max speed on Scizor. Interesting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)