Bronzong QC 1/3

tehy

Banned deucer.
Overview
########

-bulky af
-great typing + ability
-to expand on that (this might be 1 sentence in writeup) takes on Expy n Melo quite nicely, untrappable by Duggy, rekts Rhyp
-SR + TR, slow Gyro and EQ i guess
-not *that* bulky (i have to reconcile those two points somehow)
-has no real healing and not that much offensive presence, so it can be worn down and battered, especially since it can't force shit out well
-not duggy weak but pursuit trapped so yea.
-competes with Mlix and Registeel as SR setters who bring other stuff to the table, like bulk and typing (mlix with typing and sick phys.D, Regi with more overall defences and in some cases a better typing ? wouldn't wanna make that trade overall though)
-despite cool typing + ability, a lot of stuff it traditionally walls can defeat it with coverage moves, especially coupled with that lack of recovery

Specially Defensive
########
name: Specially Defensive
move 1: Stealth Rock
move 2: Gyro Ball / Iron Head
move 3: Toxic
move 4: Earthquake / Protect
ability: Levitate
item: Leftovers
evs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
ivs: 0 Spe
nature: Careful

Moves
========
-Stealth Rock is that team support swagg, hopefully i don't need to expand ?
-slow Gyro lets you hit things, just does a lot of damage to anything you wanna check or counter, oneshots loserPuff.
- Iron Head is for slow fucker Abomasnow. Don't think it oneshots puff espc. since that'll Drain Punch you. Less overall offensive presence, but Mega Aboma is such a fucker, it's worth being a stronger counter, always 2shots after rocks and always 3shots as opposed to sometimes failing to 3-shot after rocks and 4shot respectively. Hits Rhyp harder though you need to tox it first lol.
-Toxic is again offensive presence stall for damage talk shit get hit, important since zonger has trouble hitting things to an extent and can roll w/protect
-Earthquake hits Steels and Fires, steels use you as lolbait otherwise and fires switch in and torch you, also hits Elecs i guess which you can check and lol at gyro.
-Protect lets you nom on lefties, scout choiced mons liek Emboar or W/e, and stall for Toxic damage.

Set Details
========

-Max SpD since zonger is arguably better at SpD walling with Exploud and Melo, and it walls Rhyp comfortably anyhow. You can still sponge a few hits from Tyrantrum too
-Lefties provide that sweet SWEET recovery.
-Levitate gives you an outright immunity to a type you'd be weak to, letting you wall Rhyperior, not get smacked by Tyrantrum's EQ, and not be trapped by duggy, also makes you spikes immune.
-If you're using Iron Head you can have a 31 Speed IV, which helps against aromatisse i guess.

Usage Tips
========
-come in on bitches like, uh, megalix, rhyperior, and use SR. watch out for Curselix (less u got sire XD)
-wall fools like Exploud and Meloetta, Toxic
-Tect is NOT just some fucking safe move you can use with no drawbacks. Realise that people will abuse it for free switch-ins or even setup. Play accordingly. Not a terrible idea if the foe is Toxxed or a Choice mon though
-idk mang it's a wall, does anyone have any real ideas ?

Team Options
========

-Aroma and Audino are 2 pretty nice clerics, that can take Dark / Ghost hits (Maudino takes both and trololols at knock off too), wish pass is great for zonger and his amazing technicolor lack of reliable recovery. And aromatherapy is never bad either. They like someone to take BOOMbursts and Mlix
-alomo takes those fires that zonger doesn't like, and did i mention amaze techni dream lack of recovery? alomo can pass a FAT wish in. And scald defensive mons that can't be toxxed. You can kinda use Qwil or Quag or Mantine here and they all provide various formes of supporte, qwil with the hazard stack madness, mantine is a fogger i guess, quag walls Cobal and Dou and is actually able to hit Mlix which zonger struggles with a tad, walls drapion and Curselix, possibly bulky boosters i.e. clus and SubCM cress, actually MANtine walls mlix's deadbeat ass too. All appreciate a BOOMburst switch-in
-Drapion lays Tspikes / stallbreaks while eating up dark and ghost and bulky psychic mons, and appreciates an Mlix and to a lesser extent Perior switch-in. Can also oneshot MegaRupt as it leads which zonger appreciates, kinda sitchuational tho (it's happened a few times and against good players too).

Trick Room Lead Which I Really Need To Use Before Writeup At Worst
########
name: Trick Room Lead
move 1: Trick Room
move 2: Stealth Rock
move 3: Gyro Ball
move 4: Explosion
ability: Levitate
item: Mental Herb / Normal Gem
evs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
ivs: 0 Spe
nature: Brave

Moves
========

here goes
-TR sets TR, which your team needs to function or you wouldn't have this set (shouldn't? srsly this is TR only)
-SR sets SR, which any team needs to function or it wouldn't be competitive (shouldn't? srsly SR is broken)
-Gyro Ball smacks bitches, generally speaking, no real specific OHKOes or anything off-top but has a lot of offensive presence.
-Explosion lets you roflboom, giving a free switch-in to X tr sweeper and also deal a fuckload of damage.
Set Details
========
-EVs are generic Bulk + Power (was this supposed to be SpD too? I forget.), provide as much offensive presence, since you don't need / want speed with TR in the equation just go bulky instead.
-Mental Herb lets you TR against Taunts. Cool since you can go, like,
Taunt -> TR ->SR -> Taunt -> Explosion / Gyro.
-Normal Gem gives you a bigass boom, not sure if it's worth it in S rank support Cobal meta, but that boom is damn big.
-Levitate lets you lol at Mlix and rhyp leads and check them later on in the match if you must, which is always a plus.
-Last time this analysis came up i was hyping heatproof but TBH with moltres dead it seems pretty pointless. Then again, it does let you tank pretty much any hit in the meta, and it's really surprising for a suicide lead ? IDK weigh in QC
Usage Tips
========

never used this thing so...let's see how great i am compared to how great I think i am.
-lead off and set TR + SR, boom if you gotta but try not to
-espc. if the opposing team has a Rhyp, an Mlix, mayyybe an Exploud, try to save Zonger, so you can set up free TR later
-if you aren't Mental and they have a Cobal consider not leading tho. Also if they have a Kricket or a Qwilled Fish, you will just get taunted lool
-what matters is the war, not the battle. Don't be afraid of death, your victorious friends await you on the other side of the gate. Plus, can pokemon even die in battle? prolly not, so don't be afraid to sac 1 for the team

Team Options
========
never used TR either
-Megarupt, probably. Based everything except speed
-Offensive rhyp is a BEast, slow. So is Torterra.
-Clawitzer and Exploud can drop down to slowass speeds if they want
-offensive, espc. Band escav
-OTR clus as TR smasher AND tr setter
-OTR king
-look mang, really strong and slow stuff, i d k rn. QC help

Other Options
########

uh

-Phys D is probably OO worthy. Gr8 for SDboma and Tyrantrum + SD rhyp too. You're a steel-type, start acting like it plz
-i'm fine with mentioning heatproof in OO, i guess
-CMrest?
-on that note, REST. Talk, alongside it ?
-trickband
-Dual Screens action
-Flash Cannon > Iron head hits a few targets, notably rhyperior, a bit harder. 10% damage less on Obama and that's its main target so, meh.
-Psychic for like, fighting-type switch-ins, mainly Qwil and i guess the Garbage Door that is garbodor
Checks & Counters
########
format this correctly in a bit

**Type Advantage**:
Dark-types such as Drapion, Skuntank, and Houndoom can smash Bronzong with a STAB on its uninvested Defense, or Pursuit trap it, although they dislike Earthquake; Drapion can notably Knock Off Bronzong's Leftovers or set up Swords Dance or Toxic Spikes on it, and Skuntank can Defog away its Stealth Rock and go before it even in Trick Room with Sucker Punch. Ghost-types such as Doublade and Mega Banette can punch through Bronzong with extremely powerful Shadow Claws; Doublade laughs at Toxic and can take a lot of Earthquakes despite being weak to them, and can set up Swords Dance, and Banette can burn or Knock Off Bronzong. Fire-types such as Delphox can torch Bronzong, but usually can't OHKO it thanks to its pumped-up Special Defense stat and dislike Earthquake pretty emphatically. Escavalier can't use super effective STABs on Bronzong, but walls it and Pursuit traps it or smacks it with Knock Off, or just a strong Megahorn; Durant also walls Bronzong and sets up Hone Claws.

**Toxic Absorbers**:
Many Toxic-immune Pokemon, such as Amoonguss, Registeel, and Sigilyph can sponge Bronzong's hits and chip away at it until it tolls for itself. Regenerator Pokemon can take any hit Bronzong has to offer and even absorb Toxic with nary a care in the world and have Scald or Knock Off to nullify Leftovers while dealing some nice damage in the process. Heal Bell users such as Audino and Aromatisse can even remove Toxic, and Audino can also Knock Off Bronzong. Bulky setup Pokemon that don't mind Toxic, such as Curse Registeel, Calm Mind Reuniclus, and Calm Mind Sigilyph can easily defeat Bronzong and set up on it to boot!

**Taunt Leads**:
Any Pokemon with Taunt, such as Cobalion, Kricketune, and Qwilfish, can lead off and prevent Bronzong from supporting its team from the get-go, assuming it lacks Mental Herb. Since many of these Pokemon already prefer to lead, this means they can put their team at a significant advantage, setting up their entry hazard while denying you yours. However, Bronzong is capable of hitting all of these fairly hard.

K i'm going to move this into QC, get at me QC ppl

Last edited:

tehy

Banned deucer.
I think i've explained what I need to in the actual analysis, now all I need is QC to help out

BRB adding counter leads to C and C

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
K so this hasn't been touched in a bit more than 2 weeks so..

I don't exactly see anything wrong with the information or the content but I seriously hope your write-up won't be as cancerous o.o

On the point about switching into mega steelix do note Curse steelix sets up all over Bronzong and +6 heavy slam 2HKOs. Do also note Meloetta has Shadow Ball and Exploud has Fire Blast; in fact mention in Overview that it can't reliably check many of the things it's meant to check because they can carry coverage moves that easily muscle through Bronzong especially considering it doesn't have recovery; Steelix can set up all the way to +6, Meloetta has Shadow Ball, Exploud has Fire Blast, Rhyperior's Megahorn hurts, and even Abomasnow can hurt with +2 Wood Hammer.

Also mention that as a stealth rocker it competes with stuff like Cobalion and Steelix who are somewhat more reliable, although I do understand they're different.

QC Approved 1/3 tehy

tehy

Banned deucer.
K so this hasn't been touched in a bit more than 2 weeks so..

I don't exactly see anything wrong with the information or the content but I seriously hope your write-up won't be as cancerous o.o
Yeah, i like to do that in skeletons, it doesn't carry over

arikado said:
On the point about switching into mega steelix do note Curse steelix sets up all over Bronzong and +6 heavy slam 2HKOs. Do also note Meloetta has Shadow Ball and Exploud has Fire Blast; in fact mention in Overview that it can't reliably check many of the things it's meant to check because they can carry coverage moves that easily muscle through Bronzong especially considering it doesn't have recovery; Steelix can set up all the way to +6, Meloetta has Shadow Ball, Exploud has Fire Blast, Rhyperior's Megahorn hurts, and even Abomasnow can hurt with +2 Wood Hammer.

Also mention that as a stealth rocker it competes with stuff like Cobalion and Steelix who are somewhat more reliable, although I do understand they're different.

Yeah, that's all definitely true stuff, i'll add it in.

Well, i'll say it competes with Mlix and Registeel ; cobal kinda does different stuff and isn't really a stall mon (ofc you can use balance zonger, but you get the idea, it's defensive)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)