Ability: Simple
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Curse
- Quick Attack
- Iron Tail
- Rock Smash

Without a simple ban, and lucario it's unbanned, I found the scariest thing ever.

I'm still getting a strange "illegality" of being unable to inherit from Malamar Contrary Superpower/Knock Off/Topsy-Turvy/Destiny Bond, when Contrary is a regular Ability for it, Superpower and Topsy-Turvy are level-up moves, and Knock Off is a tutor move, leaving Destiny Bond (Breeding) as the only potential problem and I don't see how it should be a problem, since you should be able to breed Destiny Bond on it, level up to learn two of the three, and then tutor the last. (For that matter Superpower can also be tutored)
I also have illegalities with that set. Thing is, it's a legal set (find no problem with UU or OU match with original Malamar). Please fix this.

Why run that over a regular Mega Lucario with Swords Dance?
Yeah. Not the best set. But I have a special one:
Korrina (Lucario) (F) @ Lucarionite
Ability: Simple
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Stored Power
- Shadow Ball
Much better.

Fun set I've been trying that can end a game really quick if played correctly

Masquerain (Sableye) @ Sablenite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: null Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Roost
- Baton Pass
- Scald

Sets up on so much, it's ridiculous; a fully invested sableye can tank almost any physical hit, while boosting spD. Of course, you probably won't ever get fast enough to outspeed anything, but that's actually sort of a good thing, since you get a slow bp to a sweeper of your choice.

Scald for hax burns (has saved me once)

Example replay (perfect scenario, featuring specs suicune):
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/inheritance-222209446

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
252 Atk Aerodactyl Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Rhyperior: 180-216 (41.4 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Landorus-T Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Rhydon: 180-212 (43.4 - 51.2%) -- 3.1% chance to 2HKO
I would say rhydon is a bit better for beating the aforementioned threats, but it does beat most despite waterfall's coverage.

Let me also mention what mons are revenged by the other common revenge killer of the tier. Also note that Banded Lant for gale wings is its most common set, not sky plate.

252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 348-421 (109 - 131.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Aerodactyl: 229-273 (76 - 90.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Salamence: 390-458 (117.8 - 138.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

So there are plenty of ways to beat the things. They also have a huge opportunity cost, don't act like they are perfect mons. Remember that v-create lowers your stats. Sure, decent nukes, but they lose momentum like crazy and are easily revenge killed, and most aren't that fast (not aero) making it hard for them to get off v-creates.
You forgot strong winds on your Weavile calcs.
Scarf Protean Latios with BoltBeam can revenge kill +1 Gyarados, Landorus-T, and Salamence (25% chance withSalamence, get Rocks up, guaranteed on the rest). Scarf Primordial Sea Gengar(I posted the set a few pages back) can also revenge kill Aerodactyl, Lando-T, Mence, and Gyarados, while possibly OHKOing Zard X with Water Spout from full HP, or doing ~70% with Origin Pulse, allowing a Fake Out user to finish up. The best part about Gengar is you can't even Extremespeed it, so if you are only at +1 it outspeeds and either KOs or does a ton of damage. Idk about walls though, I haven't played stall much in this metagame Arcticblast.

Walls don't exist when you have STAB +1 Tough Claws V-Create
Unaware says hi.

Heck, Quagsire is only 3HKOed by Mega Charizard X using V-create, let alone a resistant Pokemon with better stats.

252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 171-202 (43.4 - 51.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

See?

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Unaware says hi.

Heck, Quagsire is only 3HKOed by Mega Charizard X using V-create, let alone a resistant Pokemon with better stats.

252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 171-202 (43.4 - 51.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

See?
It was a joke, I am fully aware that some things resist Fire

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Still, they can be revenge killed. Also, maybe Suicune? I know Unaware Suicune is good in AAA, seems like it would be good here too. Especially as it gains Stockpile and Recover, among other moves (perhaps Scald/Toxic/Stockpile/Recover?)

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
On another note, here is a good offensive spinner I came up with for Offensive teams:

Lucario @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Punch
- Rapid Spin

PrioritySpam5dayz. Anyway, this inherits from Hitmontop. Mach Punch and Bullet Punch are both good Technician-boosted STAB priority moves. Fake Out flinches are always helpful, and can finish off weakened Pokemon. Rapid Spin is there because people expect a different set from Lucario, allowing you to remove hazards. It quad resists Rock and is a good partner to Gale Wings/Delta Stream spam. Another option is to inherit from Hitmonlee, and change Technician to Reckless, and Mach Punch to HJK, but priority spam is fun :3 It is a powerful option if you feel so inclined however, and it even bluffs other sets, so it can still buy opportunities to spin.

Last edited:
As questionable as it sounds, Chansey inheriting Staraptor is actually quite powerful on more offensive teams. This is the set I have been using:

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Final Gambit
- Toxic
- U-turn

This set lets chansey perform it's normal walling duties with toxic, but has fantastic utility for hyper offensive teams.

By gaining u-turn, chansey can stay one step ahead of an opponent and keep momentum. However, the biggest deal about this set is the inclusion of final gambit. The reason why this set seems to work very well on offensive teams is because it can single-handedly wipe out an opposing wall or sweeper that otherwise threatens your whole team. I have had many battles decided in my favour because I was able to wipe out an unsuspecting wall and open up the way for my sweepers to go to town.

A vulnerability to status is present in this set, but frankly, it doesn't matter much because half of the pokemon that are inducing you with status are targets for final gambit anyways. With this sort of strategy in mind, you can very much have the potential to overwhelm an opposing team with sheer offensive power alone.

More incredibly niche Assist stoppers because I can:

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Howl
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
This inherits from Arcanine.
  1. Get rocks up. Sash, Prankster, resist, FF, whatever.
  2. Come in un-mega'd on something that Pinsir walls (nothing with Dragon Tail) on a free switch.
  3. Set up a Substitute as they attack you, or maybe switch into Heatran.
  4. Click Howl until they send in Gyarados. This should be one turn. This is why you do NOT switch Pinsir into a move -- you need the two turns of setup provided by a failed V-Create.
  5. Mega-evolve, KO their Gyarados with Espeed.
  6. When Heatran gets around to coming in, take its V-Create into your Substitute and KO it back with Close Combat.
  7. Sweep with Extreme Speed.
Calcs:
+1 252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Gyarados: 297-349 (89.7 - 105.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252+ Atk Mega Pinsir Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 466-550 (121 - 142.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Dragonite: 333-393 (86.2 - 101.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Extreme Speed vs. 248 HP / 4 Def Victini: 318-375 (78.9 - 93%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Darmanitan: 514-606 (146.4 - 172.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Wobbuffet: 849-999 (145.3 - 171%) -- guaranteed OHKO (You can stall out its entire non-Mirror Coat movepool with Howl -- not like it's carrying Encore)

Basically, with one Stealth Rock and one failure to predict on the opponent's part and you can sweep their team. The latter can most likely be assured by bluffing -- sacrifice a few non-essential team members to make Pinsir look like a last-ditch effort.

This is inferior to every other Pinsir set in every respect except beating Assist, though. It loses if Dragonite is physically defensive, as full Def Dragonite always takes a +1 Extreme Speed after Stealth Rock and V-Creates away your Substitute, exposing you to Heatran. The same goes for Victini. It loses if their Sun setter has Roar and can take +1 CC or Espeed after Stealth Rock, and there are plenty of things that can hold Heat Rock and do so.

P.S. ban assist, this is the closest thing I could come up with as an offensive counter (my Relicanth set upthread is a defensive counter) and it loses to any teambuilding that takes account of it, and is a downgrade from other Pinsir sets against any other archetype (it's not BAD, mind you, it would just rather run things other than Substitute and fucking Howl).

dusk raimon

Banned deucer.
Is this a good rapid spin set? I'm not sure whether I should go for something with recovery but for now it works.

Starmie (Chansey) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Protect
- Scald

Is this a good rapid spin set? I'm not sure whether I should go for something with recovery but for now it works.

Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Protect
- Scald
You definitely need recovery.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
A Chansey inheriting from Swanna (or Pelipper) gets Scald, Toxic, Defog, and Roost.
Hazard removing move (check)
Annoying asf move (check)
Recovery (check)
What else is needed?

I think Simple needs to be banned with pokes like Deoxys Defence been unbanned

Oh and what about refrigerate weavile too OP imo

Last edited by a moderator:
Continuing on from the assist argument, just to prove assist tramples on all archetypes - including stall - here's a replay of me vs a legitimate (i think) stall team:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/inheritance-222321069

It was a slow and painful 77 turn battle, but i managed to defeat him 5-0, even though he did have some pretty good assist checks such as Suicune, Zygarde, and Flash Fire Ferrothorn. This just goes to show how borked assist is and i think it needs to go.
On the plus side though, assist isn't as broken as it was in other metas such as Balanced Hackmons, and assist teams do require much more creativity and smart plays and predictions to be effective as opposed to BH. In other words, if you're not so skilled, then chances are you won't get onto the higher ladder with an assist team.

Still, the negatives outweigh the positives in my opinion, and for this i think assist should at least be suspected.

Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Protect
- Scald

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Rapid Spin
- Aura Sphere

The ninja can spin! (Reference to when people thought Greninja got Rapid Spin day 1 of X/Y for those who did not get that) Greninja is a great recipient of Mega Blastoise's moves and ability since it provides a very fast Rapid Spin and easily beats spinblockers with STAB Mega Launcher Dark Pulse. Mega Launcher Aura Sphere is also a great coverage move, allowing to beat Ferrothorn and others. It only really loses to Azu, Mega Alt and Whimsicott as far as coverage goes, but it doesn't need to beat any of these anyway since none of them can lay hazards.
You could get a physical attacker to inherit from Hitmonlee or Donphan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)