Breloom [Singles] [GP 1/2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The fruit of the loom.

Overview
########
Breloom is the universal lead of the current Battle Spot metagame. With an amazing move set at its disposal, there's no reason you'd have another lead on most teams. It has the ability to bluff its lead role and be used as a late-game sweeper, finishing off weakened Pokemon with Mach Punch. One thing that makes Breloom stand out compared to other leads is its access to Spore, which can have a great effect on the out come of a battle.

However with the perks, there are downsides. Breloom suffers from weak defensive stats, so using an item besides Focus Sash is quite risky. To add on, lots of Pokemon wall Breloom, from Aegislash which resists any move Breloom can throw at it to Ferrothorn who can hurt Breloom without even attacking it. Breloom also suffers from low base Speed, so a plethora of commonly used Pokemon, such as Rotom-W and Landorus, both of which can easily use a pivot move to avoid a Spore.

Offensive Spore
########
name: Offensive Spore
move 1: Spore
move 2: Mach Punch
move 3: Bullet Speed
move 4: Rock Tomb
ability: Technician
item: Focus Sash
evs: 4HP/252Atk/252Spe
nature: Adamant/Jolly
Moves
========
Spore is Breloom's main move. With no Sleep Clause, Spore is sure to cause havoc to your opponent. It can be used on a predicted switch to ease prediction, unless a Grass-type or Pokemon with Overcoat, such as Venusaur and Mandibuzz, happen to still be alive. Mach Punch is Breloom's essential STAB priority move that is also boosted by Technician. It is your primary revenge killing tool and helps to wear down opposing Pokemon. Bullet Seed, which is also boosted by Technician, is Breloom's strongest STAB after the Technician boost, which is useful for breaking Focus Sash and Sturdy. Last but not least, Rock Tomb is extremely practical for lowering down the Speed of predicted switch-ins. Rock Tomb also lets Breloom hit Pokemon such as Charizard, Talonflame, and Thundurus which would other wise resist any move Breloom could throw at it.

Set Details
========
This set is optimized to get the best out of Technician while abusing the fact that there is no Sleep Clause. The EVs are maxed out in Attack and Speed to get the most out of its hits and so Breloom can out speed Pokemon such as Mega Swampert. Adamant is used for increased power, but Jolly can be used to ensure that Breloom out speeds and puts as many Pokemon to sleep as possible.
Usage Tips
========
This Breloom set is best described as a suicide lead. With no Sleep Clause, Breloom causes plenty of switches whether it's to take care of a Spore or to just absorb any hit a Breloom can do. When predicting a switch, use Spore so that whatever is switching in is put to sleep and thus making it useless. However, since Grass-types are immune to Spore, if you predict that one is going to switch, use it as an opportunity to double switch and gain the advantage. If you see something slightly faster switching like Talonflame always refer to using Rock Tomb to either lower its Speed or kill it all together.Pokemon with Lum Berry or Sleep Talk put a dent in this set because they won't have to worry about Spore at any point and can use that situation to break Focus Sash, thus rendering Breloom useless. Mega Pokemon such as Mega Kangaskhan and Mega Lopunny have no problem breaking Breloom's Focus Sash with Fake Out making them a giant issue. Even though they are weak to Mach Punch, they both can survive any hit Breloom uses at max health.
If you see a Sandstorm team, with Tyranitar or Hippodown, you might want to reconsider using Breloom as a lead, as sandstorm damage will break its Focus Sash. However, although it might be tempting to stay in and go for the Mach Punch on Tyranitar or the Bullet seed on Hippodown, you must analyze the situation to see if you will need to use Breloom's Focus Sash later in the match.
Team Options
========
Fire-types such as Heatran are great partners for Breloom as it resists all of Breloom's weaknesses and counters Talonflame as well as checking Aegislash, two of the most common Pokemon in the tier that have positive match ups against Breloom. Mega Pokemon such as Mega Charizard Y can help Breloom avoid getting its Focus Sash broken by weather such as Sandstorm and Hail because of its ability Drought. Another Mega Pokemon that helps out Breloom is Mega Gengar, as it can come in on a sleeping opponent, trap it, and use a x2 STAB Hex on sleeping opponents as well as use Destiny Bond on any troublesome Pokemon that can affect the team as a whole.

Rock-types such as Tyranitar and Rhyperior can also help Breloom deal with Fire- and Flying-types that can cause Breloom a lot of trouble. Although, Water types such as Suicune and Quagsire are good partners for Breloom because they can deal with physical Fire-types like Mega Charizard X, Talonflame, and Blaziken as well as providing a nice general bulky Water presence and support. Breloom also helps Calm Mind Suicune and Raikou setup and sweep by eliminating opposing Water-types and Ground-types, respectively.

Two of Breloom's most common walls that are Grass-types happen to be Mega Venusaur and Chesnaught, that is why Flying-types such as Mega Salamence, Talonflame, and Mega Pinsir are good partners for Breloom. They can take Mega Venusaur and Chesnaught down with their powerful STAB Flying-type moves, two Pokemon, completely counter Breloom. Talonflame can also use Tailwind which can help Breloom's low base Speed making it outspeed a plethora of threats.

Breloom also suffers from being quite frail and slow, that is why bulky Pokemon like Rocky Helmet Cresselia and Rocky Helmet Zapdos help out with Mega Lopunny and Mega Kangaskhan,both which are big threats to Breloom. Zapdos and Cresselia wall these threats making them essential great partners for Breloom. Lunar Dance Cresselia is also an option as it can bring back Breloom to full health which is great if Breloom hasn't lost its Focus Sash. To help with Breloom's low Speed, fast Fighting-types such as Blaziken can assist with threats by having a chance to OHKO Pokemon like Mega Kangaskhan with High Jump Kick.

Other Options
########
Poison Heal is an option over Technician for Breloom if you want to surprise your opponents. With Poison Heal, Breloom can also take advantage of the fact that it can recover more health than it would with leftover by using Substitute. It can get a free Focus Punch out of using Substitute as well. If Breloom is doing too little damage, it can run Swords Dance, although it is hard to fit into a move set without losing coverage. You can use Life Orb if you don't want to lose coverage, although since Breloom is quite frail, it is not the best option. Choice Scarf is an option for Breloom although, it is not the best choice since it forces Breloom into one move. However, with no Sleep Clause, it is able to spam a fast Spore repeatedly.
Checks & Counters
########
**Bulky Grass-types**: Bulky Grass-types such as Chesnaught, Venusaur, Amoonguss, and Tangrowth are immune to Spore, often have access to recovery moves, and can easily deal with Breloom.

**Fire-types**: With hazard support, Pokemon like Charizard, Talonflame, and Blaziken can outspeed Breloom and OHKO it with their STAB moves.

**Hazards**: Hazards break Breloom's Focus Sash on entry, which significantly lowers Breloom's effectiveness due to its frailty and low Speed. This is the main reason hazards are used in this format.

**Aegislash**: Although it fears a Breloom, Aegislash can wall any attack Breloom throws at it.

**Mandibuzz**: Mandibuzz is a huge issue for Breloom. With its ability Overcoat, it is immune to Spore, and it is bulky enough to avoid being 2HKOed by any move Breloom can throw at it.

**Safety Goggles**: Safety Goggles are an issue for Breloom, as any Pokemon holding them won't be affected by Spore.

**Ferrothorn**: Ferrothorn is a check to Breloom, as it is able to break its Focus Sash with Iron Barbs and is immune to Spore. Additonally,Mach Punch is a 3HKO while Ferrothorn's Gyro Ball is a guaranteed OHKO.

**Mega Gengar**: Mega Gengar can trap and KO Breloom, as it is faster and immune to Mach Punch. Mega Gengar can also burn Breloom, rendering any move besides Spore practically useless as well as letting Mega Gengar live a couple of Rock Tombs.

**Mega Lopunny and Mega Kangaskhan**: Both of these Pokemon are capable of breaking Breloom's Focus Sash with a Fake Out and are able to live a Mach Punch and outspeed Breloom for an evident KO. Mega Kangaskhan can also beat Breloom regardless of a Fake Out as its ability, Parental Bond, causes its moves to hit twice.​

Last edited:

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok time to check this!

Overview

- I think it's important to mention that there is NO SLEEP CLAUSE IN THIS METAGAME! That factor makes Breloom extra deadly in Battle Spot Singles! It means that you can't just "absorb" Breloom's Spore. If your opponent can't handle the Spore, then they are going to have a big problem!

-I wouldn't quite call Breloom useless after losing a focus sash, since you can at least Mach Punch stuff!

Moves

- Again, mention that there is no sleep clause in this metagame. It's not really a well known fact for new players, so emphasizing that is important imo.

Usage Tips

-I'd mention that Mega Kangaskhan and Mega Lopunny are big problems: One just smashes through your focus sash, while the other breaks it with Fake Out. Neither like Mach Punch but they'll survive.

-I'd also mention the value of double switching. If your opponent has something that can switch into Spore such as Mega Venusaur, you can put them at a big disadvantage if you predict that switch and switch in something that threatens it.

-Not sure Suicune is the best example of a Sleep Talker here, since Bullet Seed can hit Suicune really hard.

-This is gonna sound weird, but maybe have a paragraph that mentions to consider keeping Breloom away from the lead position if you see Tyranitar or Hippowdon, since Sandstream ruins Focus Sash.

Team Options

-Mention that Mega Charizard Y gets rid of the sand, which is good news for Breloom.

-I'd talk about stuff to deal with Mega Kangaskhan and Mega Lopunny, since those two are big problems for lead Breloom. Rocky Helmet Cresselia and Rockey Helmet Zapdos are good defensive options, while fast fighting types such as Blaziken can beat them offensively (though not switch-in). Also, if you want to, you can run Lunar Dance Cresselia to restore Breloom's health, which is great when Breloom hasn't lost its focus sash!

-Since you mention Flying types, something to note is that if you use Talonflame's Tailwind, you can fix Breloom's speed issue and start REALLY messing some teams up! I'm sure other Tailwinders could work too but Talonflame is the only Tailwind mon I've used in Battle Spot Singles lol.

Other Options

-I'd mention Swords Dance. It's hard to fit in without losing coverage, but it can get Breloom a surprise sweep.

-Mention Choice Scarf. It outspeeds and owns stuff like Mega Kangaskhan with Spore. In fact I'm not quite sure if this is only other options material. Anyone try this set before? It has 5% usage on battle spot (3rd most used item for Breloom), and I'm sure a fast Spore could be nice.

-Mention Life Orb. It makes Breloom REALLY powerful, but of course the whole speed and defense issue Breloom has means that it isn't going to work out as much as you'd hope.

-Mention Focus Punch. It's an ultra risky move, but if you Spore something, Focus Punch is going to do a TON of damage. Especially to Porygon2.

Counters

-It's not really common in doubles, but Safety Goggles nullify Spore, which sucks big time for Breloom.

-Mandibuzz can be an issue for Breloom. Overcoat makes it immune to Spore, and its bulky enough to avoid a 2HKO from Rock Tomb, while Breloom itself will be 3HKOed by Foul Play.

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
-Mention Choice Scarf. It outspeeds and owns stuff like Mega Kangaskhan with Spore. In fact I'm not quite sure if this is only other options material. Anyone try this set before? It has 5% usage on battle spot (3rd most used item for Breloom), and I'm sure a fast Spore could be nice.
I'm not a fan of scarfed sleepers, reason is: you put a mon to sleep, they get one turn of sleep burned right off the bat, you switch out (cause you're locked in) thats another turn, on the third turn the opponent usually wakes up so pretty much you are pretty much getting a free switch into something. Not worthy of a set imo, if sleep reset when you forced something out, like it did in past gens, than it would be really good. But as it stands scarfed sleepers are sort of meh imo.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Straightforward Pkmn so QC 1/3

Mention Ferrothorn under checks as it can block Spore and break Breloom's Sash with Iron Barbs. Mach Punch is only a 3HKO while Gyro Ball OHKOes back.

Mention Mega Gengar as a check as it can trap and KO Breloom. It's faster and is immume to Mach Punch. In a 1v1, Gengar can burn Breloom so it can take a few Rock Tombs before eventually waking up from Spore.

Ok time to check this!

Overview

- I think it's important to mention that there is NO SLEEP CLAUSE IN THIS METAGAME! That factor makes Breloom extra deadly in Battle Spot Singles! It means that you can't just "absorb" Breloom's Spore. If your opponent can't handle the Spore, then they are going to have a big problem!

-I wouldn't quite call Breloom useless after losing a focus sash, since you can at least Mach Punch stuff!

Moves

- Again, mention that there is no sleep clause in this metagame. It's not really a well known fact for new players, so emphasizing that is important imo.

Usage Tips

-I'd mention that Mega Kangaskhan and Mega Lopunny are big problems: One just smashes through your focus sash, while the other breaks it with Fake Out. Neither like Mach Punch but they'll survive.

-I'd also mention the value of double switching. If your opponent has something that can switch into Spore such as Mega Venusaur, you can put them at a big disadvantage if you predict that switch and switch in something that threatens it.

-Not sure Suicune is the best example of a Sleep Talker here, since Bullet Seed can hit Suicune really hard.

-This is gonna sound weird, but maybe have a paragraph that mentions to consider keeping Breloom away from the lead position if you see Tyranitar or Hippowdon, since Sandstream ruins Focus Sash.

Team Options

-Mention that Mega Charizard Y gets rid of the sand, which is good news for Breloom.

-I'd talk about stuff to deal with Mega Kangaskhan and Mega Lopunny, since those two are big problems for lead Breloom. Rocky Helmet Cresselia and Rockey Helmet Zapdos are good defensive options, while fast fighting types such as Blaziken can beat them offensively (though not switch-in). Also, if you want to, you can run Lunar Dance Cresselia to restore Breloom's health, which is great when Breloom hasn't lost its focus sash!

-Since you mention Flying types, something to note is that if you use Talonflame's Tailwind, you can fix Breloom's speed issue and start REALLY messing some teams up! I'm sure other Tailwinders could work too but Talonflame is the only Tailwind mon I've used in Battle Spot Singles lol.

Other Options

-I'd mention Swords Dance. It's hard to fit in without losing coverage, but it can get Breloom a surprise sweep.

-Mention Life Orb. It makes Breloom REALLY powerful, but of course the whole speed and defense issue Breloom has means that it isn't going to work out as much as you'd hope.

-Mention Focus Punch. It's an ultra risky move, but if you Spore something, Focus Punch is going to do a TON of damage. Especially to Porygon2.

Counters

-It's not really common in doubles, but Safety Goggles nullify Spore, which sucks big time for Breloom.

-Mandibuzz can be an issue for Breloom. Overcoat makes it immune to Spore, and its bulky enough to avoid a 2HKO from Rock Tomb, while Breloom itself will be 3HKOed by Foul Play.
Implemented! I didn't feel like choice scarf needed a mention since over all it's pretty bad competitively and serves little to no purpose besides a fast spore which won't be good considering that if they have a counter to it, they can get a free switch in. While it has a 5% usage, I still feel like it's not viable enough to work.

Straightforward Pkmn so QC 1/3

Mention Ferrothorn under checks as it can block Spore and break Breloom's Sash with Iron Barbs. Mach Punch is only a 3HKO while Gyro Ball OHKOes back.

Mention Mega Gengar as a check as it can trap and KO Breloom. It's faster and is immume to Mach Punch. In a 1v1, Gengar can burn Breloom so it can take a few Rock Tombs before eventually waking up from Spore.
Also Implemented!

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Alright, just mention why Scarf may seem good, but isn't in other options. Otherwise...

QC Approved 2/3

You can start writing now =)

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Although you mentioned in Usage Tips and Team Options, you should mention Mega Kangaskhan and Mega Lopunny in checks and counters too (some people only look at those to see how they can beat a certain threat!).

But otherwise, straightforward Poke, QC Approved 3/3

Lord Alphose

All these squares make a circle
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Add
Remove

Comment
Overview
########
Breloom is the universal lead of the current Battle Spot metagame, w. With an amazing move set at its disposal, there's no reason you'd have another lead on most teams. It has the ability to bluff it's lead role and be used as a late-game sweeper,(AC) finishing off weakened pPokemon with Mach Punch. Breloom currentlyIt has an amazing move pool, leaving it with plenty of coverage. To Rock Tomb that demolishes Talonflame, to Bullet Seed, and the multi-hitting move that breaks opposing Sturdy and Focus Sashes!.(too excited. happiness is not allowed in smogon) Breloom also has an amazing move in this meta game(one word), Spore. With no sSleep cClause, Spore has the ability to put your entire opponent's team to sleep if they have no check to it, making it extremely deadly.(Actually, you should really just remove this long description of what the moves do. This information belongs in moves, and so you should leave it there.)

However with the perks, there are downsides. Breloom suffers from weak defensive stats, makso using any use of an item besides Focus Sash is quite risky. To add on, lots of Pokemon wall Breloom. Such as,(AC) from Aegislash whoich resists any move Breloom can throw at it to Ferrothorn who can hurt Breloom without even attacking it. Breloom also suffers from low base sSpeed, ranging fromso a plethora of commonly used Pokemon out,(AC) speeding it. Such as Rotom-W and Landorus-Therian,(AC) both of whoich can easily use a pivot move to avoid an unneeded Spore.

Spore lLead
########
name: Sash lLead
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe(Get spaces around all of the slashes)
nature: Adamant / Jolly

Moves
========
Spore is Breloom's main move. With no Sleep Clause in this meta game, Spore is sure to cause havoc to your opponent. It can be used on a predicted switch to ease prediction, unless a Grass-type or Pokemon with Overcoat, such as Venusaur and Mandibuzz, happen to still be alive. Mach Punch is Breloom's essential STAB priority move that is also boosted by Technician!. It is your primary revenge killing tool and to simply donehelps to wear down your opponents!sing Pokemon. Bullet Seed, which is also boosted by Technician, is Breloom's strongest STAB after the Technician boost, which is useful for breaking Focus Sash and Sturdy. Last but not least, Rock Tomb is extremely practical for lowering down the sSpeed of predicted switch -ins(add hyphen). Rock Tomb also lets Breloom hit pPokemon such as Charizard,(add a space) Talonflame,(AC) and Thundurus whoich would otherwise(one word) resist any move Breloom could throw at it.

Usage Tips
========
This Breloom set is best described as a suicide lead. With no sSleep cClause,(add a space) Breloom causes plenty of switches whether it's(add apostrophe) to take care of a Spore or to just absorb any hit a Breloom can do. When predicting a switch, use Spore so that whatever is switching in is put to sleep and thus making it useless. However, since Grass -types(add hyphen) are immune to Spore, if you predict that one is going to switch, use it as an opportunity to double switch and gain the adavantage(remove space). If you see something slightly faster switching like Talonflame always refer to using Rock Tomb to either lower its sSpeed or kill it all together. Pokemon with Lum Berry andor Sleep Talk alike sure put a dent in this set because they won't have to worry about Spore at any point and can use that situation to break Focus Sash,(AC) thus rendering Breloom useless.For example, Lum Berry Garchomp. Mega pPokemon like Mega- Kangaskhan(remove hyphen) and Mega- Lopunny(remove hyphen) have no problem breaking Breloom's Focus Sash with fFake out makingOut,(AC) one of it's(remove apostrophe) biggest issues e. Even whilethough they' are weak to Mach Punch, they both can survive any hit they throw at iwhat at max health.
If you see a sandstorm team mainly havingwith Tyranitar or Hippodown, you might want to reconsider using Breloom as a lead,(AC) asince sandstorm damage canwill break Breloom'its Focus sSash. However while,(AC) although it might be tempting to stay in and go for the Mach Punch on Tyranitar or the Bullet seed on Hippodown, you must analyze the situation to see if you will need to use Breloom's Focus Sash later on, or if you will notin the match.
Team Options
========
Fire -types(add hyphen) such as Heatran are great partners for Breloom as it resists all of Breloom's weaknesses and it counters Talonflame as well as checking Aegislash,(add space) two of the most common Pokemon in the tier that have positive match ups versusagainst Breloom. Mega pPokemon such as Mega Charizard-Y Y(remove hyphen) can help Breloom avoid getting its Focus Sash broken by weather such as Sandstorm and Hail because of it's ability Drought ability. Another mMega pPokemon that helps out Breloom is Mega Gengar, as it can come in on a sleeping opponent, trap it, and use a double-poweredx2 STAB Hex on sleeping opponents as well as use Destiny Bond on any troublesome Pokemon that can affect the team as a whole.

Rock Types-types(remove hyphen) like Tyranitar and Rhyperior can also help out Breloom deal with Fire-(add hyphen) and Flying -types(add hyphen) that can cause Breloom a lot of trouble. WhileAlthough Water -types(add hyphen) such as Suicune and Quagsire are good partners for Breloom because they can deal with physical Fire -types(add hyphen) like Mega- Charizard X, Talonflame, and Blaziken as well as providing a nice general bulky Water presence and support. Breloom also helps Calm Mind Suicune and Raikou setup and sweep by eliminating opposing Water -types and Ground -types(add hyphens), respectively.

Two of Breloom's most common walls that are gGrass -types(add hyphen) happen to be Mega Venusaur and Chesnaught, that is why Flying -types(add hyphen) such as Mega Salamence, Talonflame, and Mega Pinsir are good partners for Breloom. They can take Mega Venusaur and Chesnaught down with their powerful STAB fFlying -type(add hyphen) moves. T,(AC) two Pokemon that once again, completely counter Breloom. Talonflame can also use Tailwind which can help Breloom's low base sSpeed making it outspeed a plethora of threats.

Breloom also suffers from being quite frail and slow, that is why Bbulky Pokemon like Rocky Helmet Cresselia and Rocky Helmet Zapdos help out with Mega Lopunny and Mega Kangaskhan, both whomich are big threats to Breloom. Zapdos and Cresselia wall these threats making them essential great partners for Breloom!. Lunar Dance Cresselia is also an option as it can bring back Breloom to full health which is great if Breloom hasn't lost it's(remove apostrophe) Focus Sash!. To help with Breloom's low sSpeed, fast Fighting -types(add hyphen) such as Blaziken can assist with threats by having a chance to OHKO pPokemon like Mega- Kangaskhan(remove hyphen) with High Jump Kick!.

Other Options
########
Poison Heal is an option over Technician for Breloom if you want to surprise your opponents. With Poison Heal, youBreloom can also take advantage of the fact that you areit can recovering more health than youit would with lLeftovers by using Substitute. YouIt can get a free Focus Punch out of using Substitute as well. If you feel like Breloom is doing too little damage you,(AC) it can run Swords Dance, althoweverugh it is hard to fit into a moveset without losing coverage. You can use Life Orb if you don't want to lose coverage, howe(Running Life Orb costs Breloom no coverage with respect to Focus Sash), although Breloom is quite frail, so it is not the best option. Choice Scarf is an option for Breloom; however, it is not the best choice since you may accideit forces Breloom intally give your opponents a free switch. Except move. However, that with no Sleep Clause, it is able to spam a fast Spore repeatedly.
Checks & Counters
########
**Bulky Grass-types**: Bulky Grass-types such as Chesnaught, Venusaur, Amoonguss, and Tangrowth are immune to sSpore and,(AC) often have access to recovery moves,(AC) and can easily deal with Breloom.

**Fire -types(add hyphen)**: With hazard support, Pokemon like the Charizards, Talonflame, and Blaziken can outspeed Breloom and OHKO Breloomit with their STAB moves.

**Hazards**: Hazards break Breloom's Focus Sash on entry, which significantly lowers Breloom's effectiveness due to its frailty and low sSpeed. AlsoThis is the main reason hazards are used in this format.

**Aegislash**: Although it fears a sSpore, Aegislash can wall any hitattack Breloom throws at it.

**Mandibuzz**: Mandibuzz is a huge issue for Breloom, w. With its ability Overcoat, it is immune to Spore,(AC) and it is bulky enough to avoid being able to be 2HKOed by any move Breloom can throw at it.

**Any Pokemon holdingSafety Goggles**: Safety Gogogles**: is are an issue for Breloom, as any pPokemon holding ithem won't be affected by Spore. While uncommon, it is seen enough to be mentioned.

**Ferrothorn**: Ferrothorn is a check to Breloom, as it is ableing able to break it's Focus Sash with iIron bBarbs and beingis immune to Spore. Additionally, Mach Punch is a 3HKO while Ferrothorn's Gyro Ball is a guaranteed OHKO.

**Mega Gengar**: Mega Gengar can trap and KO Breloom while being,(AC) as it is faster and immune to Mach Punch. Mega Gengar can also burn Breloom,(AC) rendering it useless(eehhhh, having Spore is still really useful.) as well as letting Mega Gengar live a couple of Rock Tombs.

**Mega Lopunny and Mega Kangaskhan**: bBoth of these Pokemon are capable of breaking Breloom's Focus Sash with a Fake Out, while then being and are able to live a Mach Punch and out speed(one word) Breloom for an evident KO. Mega Kangaskhan can also beat Breloom regardless of a Fake Out as it'ss(remove apostrophe) ability, Parental Bond, hits twice making Mega Kangaskhan a bigger threacauses its moves to hit to Breloomwice.

GP Approved 1/2

Last edited:

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Wouldn't say "Lead" on Breloom because a lot of people save Breloom for mid-late game as a revenger since leading can be predictable and countered.

Wouldn't say "Lead" on Breloom because a lot of people save Breloom for mid-late game as a revenger since leading can be predictable and countered.
I was kinda skeptical about the set name at first and I couldn't figure out why, but I now updated to "Offensive Spore". If it needs more modifying let me know.

antemortem

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
Click reply on this post, just delete the red and green and unformat the blue, then paste my version into your OP so the spacing issues are fixed. :]

WIP

k i didn't realize the first check wasn't implemented so i did this wip for nothing, tag me when alphose's is implemented so i can redo
Click reply on this post, just delete the red and green and unformat the blue, then paste my version into your OP so the spacing issues are fixed. :]

WIP

Overview
########

Breloom is the universal lead of the current Battle Spot metagame. With an amazing move set at its disposal, there's no reason you'd have another lead on most teams. It has the ability to bluff its lead role and be used as a late-game sweeper, finishing off weakened Pokemon with Mach Punch. One thing that makes Breloom stand out compared to other leads is its access to Spore, which can have a great effect on the outcome of a battle.

However,(AC) with all the perks, there are come downsides. Breloom suffers from weak defensive stats, so using an item besides Focus Sash is quite risky. To add on In addition, lots of Pokemon wall Breloom, from Aegislash,(AC) which resists any move Breloom can throw at it,(AC) to Ferrothorn,(AC) which who can hurt Breloom without even attacking it. Breloom also suffers from a low base Speed, so a plethora of commonly used Pokemon, such as Rotom-W and Landorus, both of which can easily use a pivot move to avoid a Spore, threaten to beat Breloom. (this sentence was incomplete)

Offensive Spore
########
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Moves
========

Spore is Breloom's main move.(RP), as with no Sleep Clause, Spore is sure to cause havoc to your opponent. It can be used on a predicted switch to ease prediction, unless a Grass-type or Pokemon with Overcoat, such as Venusaur and Mandibuzz, respectively, happens to still be alive. Mach Punch is Breloom's essential STAB priority move that is also boosted by Technician. It is your Breloom's primary revenge killing tool and helps to wear down opposing Pokemon. Bullet Seed, which is also boosted by Technician, is Breloom's strongest STAB after the Technician boost, which is useful for breaking Focus Sash and Sturdy. Last but not least, Rock Tomb is extremely practical for lowering down the Speed of predicted switch-ins. Rock Tomb also lets Breloom hit Pokemon such as Charizard, Talonflame, and Thundurus which that would other wise resist any move Breloom could throw at it such as Charizard, Talonflame, and Thundurus.

Set Details
========

This set is optimized to get the best out of Technician while abusing the fact that there is no Sleep Clause. The EVs are maxed out in Attack and Speed to get the most out of its hits and so Breloom can outspeed Pokemon such as Mega Metagross,which can out speed Breloom after it has Mega Evolved. Adamant is used for increased power, but Jolly can be used to ensure that Breloom outspeeds and puts as many Pokemon to sleep as possible.

Usage Tips
========

This Breloom set is best described as a suicide lead. With no Sleep Clause, Breloom causes plenty of switches,(AC) whether it's to take care of a Spore or to just absorb any hit a Breloom can do. When predicting a switch, use Spore so that whatever is switching in is put to sleep and thus making it useless. However, since Grass-(hyphen)types are immune to Spore, if you predict that one is going to switch, use it as an opportunity to double switch and gain the advantage. If you see something slightly faster switching in such as like Talonflame always refer to using Rock Tomb to either lower its speed or kill it all together. Lum Berry and Sleep Talk alike sure put a dent in this set because they won't have to worry about Spore at any point and can use that situation to break Focus Sash thus rendering Breloom useless.For example, Lum Berry Garchomp. Mega Pokemon such as Mega-Kangaskhan and Mega-Lopunny have no problem breaking Breloom's Focus Sash with Fake Out making them a giant issue even while they're weak to Mach Punch, they both can survive any hit Breloom uses at max health.

If you see a Sandstorm team, mainly having Tyranitar or Hippodown, you might want to reconsider using Breloom as a lead since sandstorm damage can break Breloom's Focus Sash. However while it might be tempting to stay in and go for the Mach Punch on Tyranitar or the Bullet seed on Hippodown, you must analyze the situation to see if you will need to use Breloom's Focus Sash later on, or if you will not.

Team Options
========
Fire types such as Heatran are great partners for Breloom as it resists all of Breloom's weaknesses and it counters Talonflame as well as checking Aegislash,two of the most common Pokemon in the tier that have positive match ups versus Breloom. Mega Pokemon such as Mega-Charizard Y can help Breloom avoid getting its Focus Sash broken by weather such as Sandstorm and Hail because of it's Drought ability. Another Mega Pokemon that helps out Breloom is Mega Gengar, as it can come in on a sleeping opponent, trap it, and use a double-powered STAB Hex on sleeping opponents as well as use Destiny Bond on any troublesome Pokemon that can affect the team as a whole.

Rock Types such as Tyranitar and Rhyperior can also help out Breloom deal with Fire and Flying types that can cause Breloom a lot of trouble. While Water types such as Suicune and Quagsire are good partners for Breloom because they can deal with physical Fire types like Mega-Charizard X, Talonflame, and Blaziken as well as providing a nice general bulky Water presence and support. Breloom also helps Calm Mind Suicune and Raikou setup and sweep by eliminating opposing Water types and Ground types, respectively.

Two of Breloom's most common walls that are grass types happen to be Mega Venusaur and Chesnaught, that is why Flying types such as Mega Salamence, Talonflame, and Mega Pinsir are good partners for Breloom. They can take Mega Venusaur and Chesnaught down with their powerful STAB flying type moves. Two Pokemon that once again, completely counter Breloom. Talonflame can also use Tailwind which can help Breloom's low base speed making it outspeed a plethora of threats.

Breloom also suffers from being quite frail and slow, that is why Bulky Pokemon like Rocky Helmet Cresselia and Rocky Helmet Zapdos help out with Mega Lopunny and Mega Kangaskhan,both whom are big threats to Breloom. Zapdos and Cresselia wall these threats making them essential great partners for Breloom. Lunar Dance Cresselia is also an option as it can bring back Breloom to full health which is great if Breloom hasn't lost it's Focus Sash. To help with Breloom's low speed, fast Fighting types such as Blaziken can assist with threats by having a chance to OHKO Pokemon like Mega-Kangaskhan with High Jump Kick.

Other Options
########
Poison Heal is an option over Technician for Breloom if you want to surprise your opponents. With Poison Heal, you can also take advantage of the fact that you are recovering more health than you would with leftovers by using Substitute. You can get a free Focus Punch out of using Substitute as well. If you feel like Breloom is doing too little damage you can run Swords Dance, however it is hard to fit into a move set without losing coverage. You can use Life Orb if you don't want to lose coverage, however since Breloom is quite frail, it is not the best option. Choice Scarf is an option for Breloom however, it is not the best choice since you may accidentally give your opponents a free switch. Except, that with no Sleep Clause is able to spam a fast Spore repeatedly.

Checks & Counters
########

**Bulky Grass-types**: Bulky Grass-types such as Chesnaught, Venusaur, Amoonguss, and Tangrowth are immune to spore and often have access to recovery moves and can easily deal with Breloom.

**Fire types**: With hazard support, Pokemon like the Charizards, Talonflame, and Blaziken can outspeed and OHKO Breloom with their STAB moves.

**Entry Hazards**: Entry hazards break Breloom's Sash on entry, which significantly lowers Breloom's effectiveness due to its frailty and low speed. Also is the main reason hazards are used in this format.

**Aegislash**: Although it fears a spore being put to sleep, Aegislash can wall any hit move Breloom throws at it.

**Mandibuzz**: Mandibuzz's is a huge issue for Breloom, with its ability Overcoat, it is immune grants it an immunity to Spore and it is bulky enough to avoid being able to be 2HKOed by any move Breloom can throw at it.

**Any Pokemon holding Safety Goggles**: Safety Goggles is an issue for Breloom, as any Pokemon holding it won't be affected by Spore.(AP)

**Ferrothorn**: Ferrothorn is a checks to Breloom, being able to by breaking it's sash with iron barbs and being immune to Spore,Mach Punch is a 3HKO while Ferrothorn's Gyro Ball is a guaranteed OHKO.

**Mega Gengar**: Mega Gengar can trap and KO Breloom, as it's while being faster and immune to Mach Punch. Mega Gengar can also burn Breloom,(AC) rendering it useless as well as letting Mega Gengar live a couple of Rock Tombs.

**Mega Lopunny and Mega Kangaskhan**: Both of there Mega Lopunny and Mega Kangaskhan are capable of breaking Breloom's Focus Sash with a Fake Out, while then being able to live withstanding a Mach Punch,(AC) and outspeeding Breloom for an evident KO. Mega Kangaskhan can also beat Breloom regardless of a Fake Out,(AC) as it'(remove)s ability, Parental Bond, hits twice,(AC) making Mega Kangaskhan a bigger threat to Breloom.

Last edited:
Add
Remove

Comment
Overview
########
Breloom is the universal lead of the current Battle Spot metagame, w. With an amazing move set at its disposal, there's no reason you'd have another lead on most teams. It has the ability to bluff it's lead role and be used as a late-game sweeper,(AC) finishing off weakened pPokemon with Mach Punch. Breloom currentlyIt has an amazing move pool, leaving it with plenty of coverage. To Rock Tomb that demolishes Talonflame, to Bullet Seed, and the multi-hitting move that breaks opposing Sturdy and Focus Sashes!.(too excited. happiness is not allowed in smogon) Breloom also has an amazing move in this meta game(one word), Spore. With no sSleep cClause, Spore has the ability to put your entire opponent's team to sleep if they have no check to it, making it extremely deadly.(Actually, you should really just remove this long description of what the moves do. This information belongs in moves, and so you should leave it there.)

However with the perks, there are downsides. Breloom suffers from weak defensive stats, makso using any use of an item besides Focus Sash is quite risky. To add on, lots of Pokemon wall Breloom. Such as,(AC) from Aegislash whoich resists any move Breloom can throw at it to Ferrothorn who can hurt Breloom without even attacking it. Breloom also suffers from low base sSpeed, ranging fromso a plethora of commonly used Pokemon out,(AC) speeding it. Such as Rotom-W and Landorus-Therian,(AC) both of whoich can easily use a pivot move to avoid an unneeded Spore.

Spore lLead
########
name: Sash lLead
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe(Get spaces around all of the slashes)

Moves
========
Spore is Breloom's main move. With no Sleep Clause in this meta game, Spore is sure to cause havoc to your opponent. It can be used on a predicted switch to ease prediction, unless a Grass-type or Pokemon with Overcoat, such as Venusaur and Mandibuzz, happen to still be alive. Mach Punch is Breloom's essential STAB priority move that is also boosted by Technician!. It is your primary revenge killing tool and to simply donehelps to wear down your opponents!sing Pokemon. Bullet Seed, which is also boosted by Technician, is Breloom's strongest STAB after the Technician boost, which is useful for breaking Focus Sash and Sturdy. Last but not least, Rock Tomb is extremely practical for lowering down the sSpeed of predicted switch -ins(add hyphen). Rock Tomb also lets Breloom hit pPokemon such as Charizard,(add a space) Talonflame,(AC) and Thundurus whoich would otherwise(one word) resist any move Breloom could throw at it.

Usage Tips
========
This Breloom set is best described as a suicide lead. With no sSleep cClause,(add a space) Breloom causes plenty of switches whether it's(add apostrophe) to take care of a Spore or to just absorb any hit a Breloom can do. When predicting a switch, use Spore so that whatever is switching in is put to sleep and thus making it useless. However, since Grass -types(add hyphen) are immune to Spore, if you predict that one is going to switch, use it as an opportunity to double switch and gain the adavantage(remove space). If you see something slightly faster switching like Talonflame always refer to using Rock Tomb to either lower its sSpeed or kill it all together. Pokemon with Lum Berry andor Sleep Talk alike sure put a dent in this set because they won't have to worry about Spore at any point and can use that situation to break Focus Sash,(AC) thus rendering Breloom useless.For example, Lum Berry Garchomp. Mega pPokemon like Mega- Kangaskhan(remove hyphen) and Mega- Lopunny(remove hyphen) have no problem breaking Breloom's Focus Sash with fFake out makingOut,(AC) one of it's(remove apostrophe) biggest issues e. Even whilethough they' are weak to Mach Punch, they both can survive any hit they throw at iwhat at max health.
If you see a sandstorm team mainly havingwith Tyranitar or Hippodown, you might want to reconsider using Breloom as a lead,(AC) asince sandstorm damage canwill break Breloom'its Focus sSash. However while,(AC) although it might be tempting to stay in and go for the Mach Punch on Tyranitar or the Bullet seed on Hippodown, you must analyze the situation to see if you will need to use Breloom's Focus Sash later on, or if you will notin the match.
Team Options
========
Fire -types(add hyphen) such as Heatran are great partners for Breloom as it resists all of Breloom's weaknesses and it counters Talonflame as well as checking Aegislash,(add space) two of the most common Pokemon in the tier that have positive match ups versusagainst Breloom. Mega pPokemon such as Mega Charizard-Y Y(remove hyphen) can help Breloom avoid getting its Focus Sash broken by weather such as Sandstorm and Hail because of it's ability Drought ability. Another mMega pPokemon that helps out Breloom is Mega Gengar, as it can come in on a sleeping opponent, trap it, and use a double-poweredx2 STAB Hex on sleeping opponents as well as use Destiny Bond on any troublesome Pokemon that can affect the team as a whole.

Rock Types-types(remove hyphen) like Tyranitar and Rhyperior can also help out Breloom deal with Fire-(add hyphen) and Flying -types(add hyphen) that can cause Breloom a lot of trouble. WhileAlthough Water -types(add hyphen) such as Suicune and Quagsire are good partners for Breloom because they can deal with physical Fire -types(add hyphen) like Mega- Charizard X, Talonflame, and Blaziken as well as providing a nice general bulky Water presence and support. Breloom also helps Calm Mind Suicune and Raikou setup and sweep by eliminating opposing Water -types and Ground -types(add hyphens), respectively.

Two of Breloom's most common walls that are gGrass -types(add hyphen) happen to be Mega Venusaur and Chesnaught, that is why Flying -types(add hyphen) such as Mega Salamence, Talonflame, and Mega Pinsir are good partners for Breloom. They can take Mega Venusaur and Chesnaught down with their powerful STAB fFlying -type(add hyphen) moves. T,(AC) two Pokemon that once again, completely counter Breloom. Talonflame can also use Tailwind which can help Breloom's low base sSpeed making it outspeed a plethora of threats.

Breloom also suffers from being quite frail and slow, that is why Bbulky Pokemon like Rocky Helmet Cresselia and Rocky Helmet Zapdos help out with Mega Lopunny and Mega Kangaskhan, both whomich are big threats to Breloom. Zapdos and Cresselia wall these threats making them essential great partners for Breloom!. Lunar Dance Cresselia is also an option as it can bring back Breloom to full health which is great if Breloom hasn't lost it's(remove apostrophe) Focus Sash!. To help with Breloom's low sSpeed, fast Fighting -types(add hyphen) such as Blaziken can assist with threats by having a chance to OHKO pPokemon like Mega- Kangaskhan(remove hyphen) with High Jump Kick!.

Other Options
########
Poison Heal is an option over Technician for Breloom if you want to surprise your opponents. With Poison Heal, youBreloom can also take advantage of the fact that you areit can recovering more health than youit would with lLeftovers by using Substitute. YouIt can get a free Focus Punch out of using Substitute as well. If you feel like Breloom is doing too little damage you,(AC) it can run Swords Dance, althoweverugh it is hard to fit into a moveset without losing coverage. You can use Life Orb if you don't want to lose coverage, howe(Running Life Orb costs Breloom no coverage with respect to Focus Sash), although Breloom is quite frail, so it is not the best option. Choice Scarf is an option for Breloom; however, it is not the best choice since you may accideit forces Breloom intally give your opponents a free switch. Except move. However, that with no Sleep Clause, it is able to spam a fast Spore repeatedly.
Checks & Counters
########
**Bulky Grass-types**: Bulky Grass-types such as Chesnaught, Venusaur, Amoonguss, and Tangrowth are immune to sSpore and,(AC) often have access to recovery moves,(AC) and can easily deal with Breloom.

**Fire -types(add hyphen)**: With hazard support, Pokemon like the Charizards, Talonflame, and Blaziken can outspeed Breloom and OHKO Breloomit with their STAB moves.

**Hazards**: Hazards break Breloom's Focus Sash on entry, which significantly lowers Breloom's effectiveness due to its frailty and low sSpeed. AlsoThis is the main reason hazards are used in this format.

**Aegislash**: Although it fears a sSpore, Aegislash can wall any hitattack Breloom throws at it.

**Mandibuzz**: Mandibuzz is a huge issue for Breloom, w. With its ability Overcoat, it is immune to Spore,(AC) and it is bulky enough to avoid being able to be 2HKOed by any move Breloom can throw at it.

**Any Pokemon holdingSafety Goggles**: Safety Gogogles**: is are an issue for Breloom, as any pPokemon holding ithem won't be affected by Spore. While uncommon, it is seen enough to be mentioned.

**Ferrothorn**: Ferrothorn is a check to Breloom, as it is ableing able to break it's Focus Sash with iIron bBarbs and beingis immune to Spore. Additionally, Mach Punch is a 3HKO while Ferrothorn's Gyro Ball is a guaranteed OHKO.

**Mega Gengar**: Mega Gengar can trap and KO Breloom while being,(AC) as it is faster and immune to Mach Punch. Mega Gengar can also burn Breloom,(AC) rendering it useless(eehhhh, having Spore is still really useful.) as well as letting Mega Gengar live a couple of Rock Tombs.

**Mega Lopunny and Mega Kangaskhan**: bBoth of these Pokemon are capable of breaking Breloom's Focus Sash with a Fake Out, while then being and are able to live a Mach Punch and out speed(one word) Breloom for an evident KO. Mega Kangaskhan can also beat Breloom regardless of a Fake Out as it'ss(remove apostrophe) ability, Parental Bond, hits twice making Mega Kangaskhan a bigger threacauses its moves to hit to Breloomwice.

GP Approved 1/2
Implemented. Tagging antemortem now.

tehy

Banned deucer.
instead, here, get chekt

Angeela

Make sure to have line breaks between and after section titles and such, and to have correct spaces on the set itself. Check in the uploaded analyses forum if you need an example of what you should be doing, it's obviously got lots of good examples.

read comments

Comments:

When you say "fire-types like Heatran", the subject isn't "heatran'. So, is Heatran the only good fire-type partner for breloom? if not, you should talk about what fire-types in general do for Breloom, and then maybe tack on an addendum about Heatran specifically. This extends to all of your other examples of this as well; i tried to guess and act correctly, but obviously you need to ask yourself "did i do a 'such as' because that's the done thing and I wanted to mention Mega Charizard Y as a partner? Or are there really a lot of Megas that remove sandstorm and hail, and Mega Charizard Y is just the best of many?

Aegislash 'fears a Breloom'? Do you mean, fears a Spore?

Overview
########
Breloom is the universal lead of the current Battle Spot metagame.;(period to comma, decapitalize) Wwith an amazing move set at its disposal, there's no reason you'd have another lead on most teams. It has the ability to bluff its lead role and be used as a late-game sweeper, finishing off weakened Pokemon with Mach Punch. One thing that makes Breloom stand out compared to other leads is its access to Spore, which can have a great effect on the out come of a battle.

However with the perks,(rc) there are downsides.,(period to comma) Breloom suffers from weak defensive stats, so using an item besides Focus Sash is quite risky. To add on Additionally, lots of Pokemon wall Breloom,;(comma to semicolon) from Aegislash,(ac) which resists any move Breloom can throw at it,(ac) to Ferrothorn,(ac) who can hurt Breloom without even attacking it. Breloom also suffers from low base Speed, so a plethora of commonly used Pokemon, such as Rotom-W and Landorus, both of which can easily use a pivot move to avoid a Spore.

Offensive Spore
########
Moves
========
Spore is Breloom's main move.
With no Sleep Clause, Spore is sure to cause havoc to your opponent. It can be used on a predicted switch to ease prediction, unless a Grass-type or Pokemon with Overcoat, such as Venusaur and Mandibuzz, happen to still be alive. Mach Punch is Breloom's essential STAB priority move that is also boosted by Technician. It is your Technician-boosted priority which acts as Breloom's primary revenge killing tool and helps to wear down opposing Pokemon. Bullet Seed,(rc) which is also boosted by Technician,(rc) is Breloom's strongest STAB after the Technician boost,(rc) which and is useful for breaking Focus Sash and Sturdy. Last but not least,(rc) Rock Tomb is extremely practical for lowering down the Speed of predicted switch-ins.,(period to comma) Rock Tomb also and lets Breloom hit Pokemon such as Charizard, Talonflame, and Thundurus,(ac) which who would other wise resist any move wall Breloom could throw at it.

Set Details
========
This set is optimized to get the best out of Technician while abusing the that there is no and the lack of Sleep Clause. The EVs are maxed out in Attack and Speed to get the most out of its hits and to Breloom can out speed Pokemon such as Mega Swampert. Adamant is used for increased power, but Jolly can be used to ensure that Breloom out speeds and puts as many Pokemon to sleep as possible.
Usage Tips
========
This Breloom set is best described as a suicide lead. With no Sleep Clause, Breloom causes plenty of switches, whether it's to take care of a Spore or to just absorb any hit a Breloom can do. When predicting a switch, use Spore so that whatever is switching in is put to sleep and thus making it useless. However, since Grass-types are immune to Spore, if you predict that one is going to switch in, use it as an opportunity to double switch and gain the advantage. If you see something slightly faster switching in,(ac) like Talonflame, always refer to using use Rock Tomb to either lower its Speed or kill it all together altogether. Pokemon with Lum Berry or Sleep Talk put a dent in this set because they won't have to worry about Spore at any point and can use that situation to break Focus Sash, thus rendering Breloom useless. Mega Pokemon such as Mega Kangaskhan and Mega Lopunny have no problem breaking Breloom's Focus Sash with Fake Out, making them a giant issue. Even though they are weak to Mach Punch, they both can survive any hit Breloom uses at max health.
If you see a Sandstorm team,(rc) with Tyranitar or Hippowdown, you might want to reconsider using Breloom as a lead,(rc) as sandstorn damage will break its Focus Sash. However, althoth it might be tempting to stay in and go for the Mach Punch on Tyranitar or the Bullet seed on Hippodown, you must analyze the situation to see if you will need to use Breloom's Focus Sash later in the match
should analyze the situation and decide if you'll need Breloom's Focus Sash later in the match, or if you should just hit them hard and let sandstorm break Breloom's Focus Sash.
Team Options
========
Fire-types such as Heatran is a are great partners for Breloom as it resists ,(ac) resisting all of Breloom's weaknesses and countersing Talonflame as well as while checking Aegislash, two of the most common Pokemon in the tier that and two Pokemon which have positive match ups against Breloom. Mega Pokemon such as Mega Charizard Y's Drought can help Breloom avoid getting its Focus Sash broken by weather such as Sandstorm and Hail because of its ability Drought. Another Mega Pokemon that helps out Breloom is. damaging weather Mega Gengar,(rc) as it can come in on a sleeping opponent, trap it, and use a x2 STAB Hex on sleeping opponents as well as using ,(ac) while using Destiny Bond on any troublesome Pokemon that can affect the team as a whole.

Rock-types such as Tyranitar and Rhyperior can also help Breloom deal with Fire- and Flying-types that can cause Breloom a lot of trouble. Although,(rc) Water -types such as Suicune and Quagsire are good partners for Breloom because they can deal with physical Fire-types like Mega Charizard X, Talonflame, and Blaziken, as well as providing a nice general bulky Water presence and support. Breloom also helps Calm Mind Suicune and Raikou set up and sweep by eliminating opposing Water-types and Ground-types, respectively.

Two of Breloom's most common walls that are Grass-types happen to be Mega Venusaur and Chesnaught,(rc) that is why Flying-types such as Mega Salamence, Talonflame, and Mega Pinsir are good partners for Breloom.,(period to comma) as they They can take Mega Venusaur and Chesnaught,(ac) the two most common hard counters to Breloom,(ac) down with their powerful STAB Flying-type moves,(rc) two Pokemon,(rc) completely counter Breloom. Talonflame can also use Tailwind which can help Breloom's low base Speed making it to let Breloom outspeed a plethora of threats.Breloom also suffers from being quite frail and slow,(rc) that is why despite its low Speed.
Bulky bulky Pokemon like Rocky Helmet Cresselia and Rocky Helmet Zapdos help out with all Mega Lopunny and Mega Kangaskhan, both which are big threats to Breloom. Zapdos and Cresselia wall these threats making them essential great partners for Breloom. can use Lunar Dance to Cresselia is also an option as it can bring back Breloom back to full health, which is great if Breloom hasn't lost its Focus Sash. To help with Breloom's low Speed,(rc) fast Fast Fighting-types such as Blaziken can assist with Breloom against faster threats by having a chance to OHKO Pokemon like Mega Kangaskhan with High Jump Kick.

Other Options
########

Poison Heal is an option over Technician for Breloom if you want to surprise your opponents. With Poison Heal, Breloom can also and take advantage of the fact that it can recover more health than it would with leftover by using Substitute. It can get a free and Focus Punch out of using Substitute as well. If Breloom is doing too little damage, it can run Swords Dance, although it is hard to fit into a moveset without losing sacrifices coverage. You can use Life Orb if you don't want to lose coverage power, although since Breloom is quite frail, it is not the best option. Choice Scarf is an option for Breloom although,(rc) it is not the best choice since it forces Breloom to spam a fast Spore repeatedly,(ac) although being forced into one move. However,(rc) with no Sleep Clause,(rc) it is able to spam a fast Spore repeatedly.

Checks & Counters
########
**Bulky Grass-types**: Bulky Grass-types such as Chesnaught, Venusaur, Amoonguss, and Tangrowth are immune to Spore, often have access to recovery moves, and can easily deal with Breloom.

**Fire-types**: With hazard support, Pokemon like Charizard, Talonflame, and Blaziken can outspeed Breloom and OHKO it with their STAB moves.

**Entry Hazards**: Hazards Entry hazards break Breloom's Focus Sash on entry, which significantly lowers Breloom's effectiveness due to its frailty and low Speed. This is the main reason hazards are used in this format.

**Aegislash**: Although it fears a Breloom Spore, Aegislash can wall any attack Breloom throws at it.

**Mandibuzz**: Mandibuzz is a huge issue for Breloom. With its ability Overcoat, it is immune to Spore, and it is bulky enough to avoid being 2HKOed by any move Breloom can throw at it.

**Safety Goggles**: Safety Goggles are an issue for Breloom, as any Pokemon holding them won't be affected by Spore.

**Ferrothorn**: Ferrothorn is a check to Breloom, as it is able to break its Focus Sash with Iron Barbs and is immune to Spore. Additonally, Mach Punch is a 3HKO 3HKOes Ferrothorn,(ac) while Ferrothorn's Gyro Ball is a guaranteed OHKOes Breloom.

**Mega Gengar**: Mega Gengar can trap and KO Breloom, as it is faster and immune to Mach Punch. Mega Gengar can also burn Breloom, rendering any move besides Spore practically useless, as well as letting Mega Gengar live a couple of Rock Tombs.

**Mega Lopunny and Mega Kangaskhan**: Both of these Pokemon are capable of breaking Breloom's Focus Sash with a Fake Out and are able to live a Mach Punch and outspeed Breloom for an evident KO. Mega Kangaskhan can also beat Breloom regardless of a Fake Out as its ability, Parental Bond, causes its moves to hit twice.

Add / Correction
Remove
Comment
highlighted

**Amcheck**

Overview
########
Breloom is the universal lead of the current Battle Spot metagame. With an amazing move set at its disposal, there's no reason you'd have another lead on most teams. It has the ability to bluff its lead role and can be used as a late-game sweeper, finishing off weakened Pokemon with Mach Punch. One thing that makes Breloom stand out compared to other leads is its access to Spore, which can have a great effect on the out come of a battle.

However, (AC) with the perks, there are downsides. Breloom suffers from weak defensive stats, so using an item besides Focus Sash is quite risky. To add on, lots of Pokemon wall Breloom, from Aegislash, (AC) which resists any move Breloom can throw at it to Ferrothorn, (AC) who which can hurt Breloom without even attacking it. Breloom also suffers from a low base 70 Speed, so a plethora of commonly used Pokemon, such as Rotom-W and Landorus, both of which can easily use a pivot move to avoid a Spore.

Offensive Spore
########
nature: Adamant / Jolly (make sure there's a space after each slant)
(put a space here)

Moves
========
(space)
With no Sleep Clause, Breloom Spore is sure to cause havoc to your opponent. put more than one foe to sleep with Spore. (opponent=battler foe=pokemon) It can be used on a predicted switch to ease prediction, unless a Grass-type or Pokemon with Overcoat, such as Venusaur and Mandibuzz, happen to still be alive. Technician-boosted Mach Punch is Breloom's essential STAB priority move that is also boosted by Technician. (guess this can be subjective you can leave it if you want.) It is your Breloom's primary revenge killing tool and helps to wear down opposing Pokemon. Bullet Seed, which is also boosted by Technician, is Breloom's strongest STAB after the Technician boost, which is useful for breaking Focus Sash and Sturdy users. Last but not least, Rock Tomb is extremely practical for lowering down the Speed of predicted switch-ins. Rock Tomb also lets Breloom hit Pokemon such as Charizard, Talonflame, and Thundurus, (AC) which would otherwise (connect other and wise together) resist any move Breloom could throw at it.

Set Details
========
This set is optimized to get the best out of Technician while abusing the fact that there is no Sleep Clause. The EVs are maxed out in Attack and Speed to get the most out of its hits and so Breloom can outspeed (no space in outspeed) Pokemon such as Mega Swampert. Adamant is used for increased power, but Jolly can be used to ensure that Breloom outspeeds (same here) and puts as many Pokemon to sleep as possible.
(space here)
Usage Tips
========
(space)
This Breloom set is best described as a suicide lead. With no Sleep Clause, Breloom causes plenty of switches whether it's to take care of a Spore or to just absorb any hit. (period) a Breloom can do. When predicting a switch, use Spore so that whatever is switching in is put to sleep and thus making it useless. However, since Grass-types are immune to Spore, if you predict that one the foe is going to switch, use it as an opportunity to double switch and gain the advantage. If you see something slightly faster switching like Talonflame always refer to using Rock Tomb to either lower its Speed or kill it all together. (separate period from the next sentence) Pokemon with Lum Berry or Sleep Talk put a dent in this set because they won't have to worry about Spore at any point and can use that situation to break its Focus Sash, thus rendering Breloom useless. Mega Pokemon such as Mega Kangaskhan and Mega Lopunny have no problem breaking Breloom's Focus Sash with Fake Out making them a giant issue. Even though they are weak to Mach Punch, they both can survive any hit Breloom uses at max health. (seems more fitting in the check / counter section)
If you see a Sandstorm team, with Tyranitar or Hippodown, Hippowdon, you might want to reconsider using Breloom as a lead, as sandstorm damage will break its Focus Sash. However, although it might be tempting to stay in and go for the Mach Punch on Tyranitar or the Bullet seed on Hippodown, you must analyze the situation to see if you will need to use Breloom's Focus Sash later in the match.
(space here)
Team Options
========
(space)
Fire-types such as Heatran are great partners for Breloom, (AC) as it resists all of Breloom's weaknesses and counters Talonflame as well as checking Aegislash, two of the most common Pokemon in the tier metagame that have positive match ups against Breloom. Mega Pokemon such as Mega Charizard Y can help Breloom avoid getting its Focus Sash broken by weather such as Sandstorm and Hail because of its ability Drought. Another Mega Pokemon that helps out Breloom is Mega Gengar, as it can come in on a sleeping opponent, trap it, and use a x2 STAB Hex on sleeping opponents as well as use Destiny Bond on any troublesome Pokemon that can affect the team as a whole.

Rock-types such as Tyranitar and Rhyperior can also help Breloom deal with Fire- and Flying-types that can cause Breloom a lot of trouble. Although, Water-types (add hyphen) such as Suicune and Quagsire are good partners for Breloom because they can deal with physical Fire-types like such as Mega Charizard X, Talonflame, and Blaziken as well as providing a nice general bulky Water presence and support. Breloom also helps Calm Mind Suicune and Raikou setup and sweep by eliminating opposing Water-types and Ground-types, respectively.

Flying-types such as Mega Salamence, Mega Pinsir, and Talonflame are good partners because they can beat Breloom's most common counters, Mega Venusaur and Chesnaught, with their STAB Flying-type moves. and Two of Breloom's most common walls that are Grass-types happen to be Mega Venusaur and Chesnaught, that is why Flying-types such as Mega Salamence, Talonflame, and Mega Pinsir are good partners for Breloom. They can take Mega Venusaur and Chesnaught down with their powerful STAB Flying-type moves, two Pokemon, completely counter Breloom. Talonflame can also use Tailwind which can help Breloom's low base Speed making it outspeed a plethora of threats.

Breloom also suffers from being quite frail and slow, that is why bulky Pokemon like Rocky Helmet Cresselia and Rocky Helmet Zapdos help out with against Mega Lopunny and Mega Kangaskhan, both which are big threats to Breloom. Zapdos and Cresselia wall these threats and deals passive damage from Rocky Helmet, making them essential great partners for Breloom. Lunar Dance Cresselia is also an option as it can bring back Breloom to full health, (AC) which is great if Breloom hasn't lost its Focus Sash. To help with Breloom's low Speed, fast Fighting-types such as Blaziken can assist with threats by having a chance to OHKO Pokemon like such as Mega Kangaskhan with High Jump Kick.

Other Options
########
(space here)
Poison Heal is an option over Technician for Breloom if you want to surprise your opponents. With Poison Heal, Breloom can also take advantage of the fact that it can recover more health than it would with leftovers. (add the "s") by using Substitute. It can get a free Focus Punch out of using Substitute as well. If Breloom is doing too little damage, it can run Swords Dance, although it is hard to fit into a move set without losing coverage. You can use Life Orb if you don't want to lose coverage, power, although since Breloom is quite frail, it is not the best option. Choice Scarf is an option for Breloom although, it is not the best choice since because it forces Breloom to lock into one move. However, with no Sleep Clause, it is able to spam a fast Spore repeatedly.
(space)
Checks & Counters
########
(space)

**Fire-types**: With entry hazard support, Pokemon like Fire-types such as Charizard, Talonflame, and Blaziken can outspeed Breloom and OHKO it with their STAB moves.

**Entry Hazards**: Entry hazards (lowercase) break Breloom's Focus Sash on entry, which significantly lowers Breloom's effectiveness due to its frailty and low Speed. This is the main reason hazards are used in this format.

**Aegislash**: Although it fears a Breloom, Aegislash can wall any attack Breloom throws at it.

**Ferrothorn**: Ferrothorn is a check to Breloom, as it is able to break its Focus Sash with Iron Barbs and is immune to Spore. Additonally, Additionally, (space) Mach Punch is a 3HKOes Ferrothorn, while Ferrothorn's Gyro Ball is a guaranteed OHKO. OHKOes Breloom.

**Mega Gengar**: Mega Gengar can trap and KO Breloom, as it is faster and immune to Mach Punch. Mega Gengar can also burn Breloom with Will-O-Wisp, rendering any move besides Spore practically useless, (AC) as well as letting Mega Gengar live a couple of Rock Tombs.

**Mega Lopunny and Mega Kangaskhan**: Both of these Pokemon are capable of breaking Breloom's Focus Sash with a Fake Out and are able to live survive a Mach Punch and outspeed Breloom for an evident KO. Mega Kangaskhan can also beat Breloom regardless of a Fake Out as its ability, Parental Bond, causes its moves to hit twice.

I seriously forgot that I had this check done a long time ago in my other tabs and forgot to post it. .__(\

Oh well~

Tagging mi mentor, GatoDelFuego for a check.

I know I'm missing a lot and don't implement anything from this check yet please. q.q

Last edited:

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
lmao let's have 4 people check this now oml ;_;

REMOVE CHANGE COMMENTS

Overview
########
Breloom is the universal lead of the current Battle Spot metagame. With an amazing moveset at its disposal, there's no reason you'd have another lead on most teams. It has the ability to bluff its lead role and can be used as a late-game sweeper, finishing off weakened Pokemon with Mach Punch. One thing that makes Breloom stand out compared to other leads is its access to Spore, which can have a great effect on the outcome of a battle.

However, (AC) with the perks, there are downsides. Breloom suffers from weak defensive stats, so using an item besides Focus Sash is quite risky. To add on to that, lots of Pokemon wall Breloom, from Aegislash, (AC) which resists any move Breloom can throw at it to Ferrothorn, (AC) who which can hurt Breloom without even attacking it. Breloom also suffers from a low base 70 Speed, so a plethora of commonly used Pokemon, such as Rotom-W and Landorus, both of which can easily use a pivot move to avoid a Spore.

Offensive Spore
########
nature: Adamant / Jolly (make sure there's a space after each slant)
(put a space here)

Moves
========
(space)
With no Sleep Clause, Breloom Spore is sure to cause havoc to your opponent. put more than one foe to sleep with Spore. (opponent=battler foe=pokemon) It can be used on a predicted switch to ease prediction, unless a Grass-type or Pokemon with Overcoat, such as Venusaur and Mandibuzz, happens to still be alive. Technician-boosted Mach Punch is Breloom's essential STAB priority move that is also boosted by Technician. (guess this can be subjective you can leave it if you want.) It is your Breloom's primary revenge killing tool and helps to wear down opposing Pokemon. Bullet Seed, which is also boosted by Technician, is Breloom's strongest STAB move after the Technician boost, which is useful for breaking Focus Sash and Sturdy users. Last but not least, Rock Tomb is extremely practical for lowering down the Speed of predicted switch-ins. Rock Tomb also lets Breloom hit Pokemon such as Charizard, Talonflame, and Thundurus, (AC) which would otherwise (connect other and wise together) resist any move Breloom could throw at it.

Set Details
========
This set is optimized to get the best out of Technician while abusing the fact that there is no Sleep Clause. The EVs are maxed out in Attack and Speed for Breloom to get the most out of its hits and so Breloom can outspeed (no space in outspeed) Pokemon such as Mega Swampert. Adamant is used for increased power, but Jolly can be used to ensure that Breloom outspeeds (same here) and puts as many Pokemon to sleep as possible.
(space here)
Usage Tips
========
(space)
This Breloom set is best described as a suicide lead. With no Sleep Clause, Breloom causes plenty of switches whether it's to take care of a Spore or to just absorb any hit. (period) a Breloom can do. When predicting a switch, use Spore so that whatever is switching in is put to sleep and thus making it rendered useless. However, since because Grass-types are immune to Spore, if you predict that one the foe is going to switch, use it as an opportunity to double switch and gain the advantage. If you see something slightly faster switching like such as Talonflame always refer to using Rock Tomb to either lower its Speed or kill KO it alltogether. (separate period from the next sentence) Pokemon with Lum Berry or Sleep Talk put a dent in this set because they won't have to worry about Spore at any point and can use that situation to break its Focus Sash, thus rendering Breloom useless. Mega Pokemon such as Mega Kangaskhan and Mega Lopunny have no problem breaking Breloom's Focus Sash with Fake Out making them a giant issue. Even though they are weak to Mach Punch, they both can survive any hit Breloom uses at max health. (seems more fitting in the check / counter section) I agree!
If you see a sandstorm team, with Tyranitar or Hippodown, Hippowdon, you might want to reconsider using Breloom as a lead, as sandstorm damage will break its Focus Sash. However, although Keep although in, it needs to be there it might be tempting to stay in and go for the Mach Punch on Tyranitar or the Bullet seed on Hippodown, you must analyze the situation to see if you will need to use Breloom's Focus Sash later in the match.
(space here)
Team Options
========
(space)
Fire-types such as Heatran are great partners for Breloom;(semicolon), (AC) as it Heatran resists all of Breloom's weaknesses and counters Talonflame as well as checking Aegislash, two of the most common Pokemon in the tier metagame that have positive matchups against Breloom. Mega Pokemon such as Mega Charizard Y can help Breloom avoid getting its Focus Sash broken by weather such as Sandstorm and Hail because of its ability Drought. Another Mega Pokemon that helps out Breloom is Mega Gengar, as it Mega Gengar can come in on a sleeping opponent, trap it, and use a x2 boosted STAB Hex on sleeping opponents as well as use Destiny Bond on any troublesome Pokemon that can affect the team as a whole.

Rock-types such as Tyranitar and Rhyperior can also help Breloom deal with Fire- and Flying-types that can cause Breloom a lot of trouble. Although, Water-types (add hyphen) such as Suicune and Quagsire are good partners for Breloom because they can deal with physical Fire-types like such as Mega Charizard X, Talonflame, and Blaziken as well as providing provide a nice general bulky Water presence and support. Breloom also helps Calm Mind Suicune and Raikou setup and sweep by eliminating opposing Water-types and Ground-types, respectively.

Flying-types such as Mega Salamence, Mega Pinsir, and Talonflame are good partners because they can beat Breloom's most common counters, Mega Venusaur and Chesnaught, with their STAB Flying-type moves. and Two of Breloom's most common walls that are Grass-types happen to be Mega Venusaur and Chesnaught, that is why Flying-types such as Mega Salamence, Talonflame, and Mega Pinsir are good partners for Breloom. They can take Mega Venusaur and Chesnaught down with their powerful STAB Flying-type moves, two Pokemon, completely counter Breloom. Talonflame can also use Tailwind which can help Breloom's low base Speed by making it outspeed a plethora of threats.

Breloom also suffers from being quite frail and slow, that which is why bulky Pokemon like such as Rocky Helmet Cresselia and Rocky Helmet Zapdos help out with against Mega Lopunny and Mega Kangaskhan, both which are big threats to Breloom. Zapdos and Cresselia wall these threats and deals passive damage from Rocky Helmet, making them essential great partners for Breloom. Lunar Dance Cresselia is also an option as it can bring back Breloom to full health, (AC) which is great if Breloom hasn't lost its Focus Sash. To help with Breloom's low Speed, fast Fighting-types such as Blaziken can assist with threats by having a chance to OHKO Pokemon like such as Mega Kangaskhan with High Jump Kick.

Other Options
########
(space here)
Poison Heal is an option over Technician for Breloom if you want to surprise your opponents. With Poison Heal, Breloom can also take advantage of the fact that it can recover more health than it would with Leftovers. (add the "s") by using Substitute. It can get a free Focus Punch out of using Substitute as well. If Breloom is doing too little damage, it can run Swords Dance, although it is hard to fit into a move set without losing coverage. You can use Life Orb if you don't want to lose coverage, power, although since because Breloom is quite frail, it is not the best option. Choice Scarf is an option for Breloom, (AC) although, (RC) it is not the best choice since because it forces Breloom to be locked into one move. However, with no Sleep Clause, it is able to spam a fast Spore repeatedly.
(space)
Checks & Counters
########
(space)

**Fire-types**: With entry hazard support, Pokemon like Fire-types such as Charizard, Is this a Mega Charizard? Talonflame, and Blaziken can outspeed Breloom and OHKO it with their STAB moves.

**Entry Hazards**: Entry hazards (lowercase) break Breloom's Focus Sash on entry, which significantly lowers Breloom's effectiveness due to its frailty and low Speed. This is the main reason hazards are used in this format.

**Aegislash**: Although it fears a Breloom, what does this mean? Aegislash can wall any attack Breloom throws at it.

**Ferrothorn**: Ferrothorn is a check to Breloom, as it is able to break its Breloom's Focus Sash with Iron Barbs and is immune to Spore. Additonally, Additionally, (space) Mach Punch is a 3HKOes Ferrothorn, while Ferrothorn's Gyro Ball is a guaranteed OHKO. OHKOes Breloom.

**Mega Gengar**: Mega Gengar can trap and KO Breloom, as it is faster and immune to Mach Punch. Mega Gengar can also burn Breloom with Will-O-Wisp, rendering any move besides Spore practically useless, (AC) as well as letting Mega Gengar live a couple of Rock Tombs.

**Mega Lopunny and Mega Kangaskhan**: Both of these Pokemon Mega Lopunny and Mega Kangaskhan are capable of breaking Breloom's Focus Sash with a Fake Out and are able to live survive a Mach Punch and outspeed Breloom for an evident KO. Mega Kangaskhan can also beat Breloom regardless of a Fake Out as its ability, Parental Bond, causes its moves to hit twice.

2/3. This is gonna need a 3rd check.

Lucina09, look over my work for some additional things you missed. tehy, you missed some of them as well. Angeela, be sure to carefully implement everything in this check; there's two different methods of changes in here, so be sure to include everything in my post. You can either tag me to finish this up or let somebody else take it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)