Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkNostalgia

Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Check the alakazam analysis in my signature :) basically ability to revenge kill top tier threats like mega lop and mega gross, unique ability, tons of versatility in terms of utility.

Are Gourgeist-XL and Trevenant viable in ou?If so, in which kind of team can they be used?What's the moveset that works best for them?

p2

Banned deucer.
Are Gourgeist-XL and Trevenant viable in ou?If so, in which kind of team can they be used?What's the moveset that works best for them?
Gourgeist-XL is viable but Trevenant isn't

Gourgeist-Super @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis
- Seed Bomb

Gourgeist-XL should switch in without hesitation on the various Pokemon it handles, such as Landorus-T, Mega Metagross, Mega Lopunny, Azumarill, Keldeo, Mega Scizor that lack both Swords Dance and Knock Off, Excadrill, Diggersby, Terrakion, Breloom, Chesnaught, and Mega Swampert.

Trevenant is completely unviable. It has to rely on luck-based actions from the RNG for its ability, not to mention it has little offensive presence what-so-ever and has a pretty bad defensive typing, being serverly weak to Knock Off and other common attacking types such as Fire and Ghost.

Gourgeist is ok, although its extremely team specific and it normally dead-weight on most teams. Here's the set:

Gourgeist-Super @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis
- Seed Bomb / Shadow Sneak

Edit: Ah, nice ninja

Ok thanks to everyone, what is a team that he could be placed in?
Gourgeist seems best used on a Stall team, where the specific group of Pokemon it's able to handle is appreciated and its lack of direct offensive presence is less detrimental.

I recall that there was a Counter the Pokemon project where the community build teams of Pokemon to counter each other. Once the teams are built, then the teams will be used by well-known players. Granted, the last time it was done, the battle wasn't able to be carried out due to some reasons (although the project had been done successively several times before).

Now that the ORAS metagame is more or less settled (and the SPL has ended) , would it be the right time to once again kick-start this project?

When will kokoloko save the OU meta?
lol

I recall that there was a Counter the Pokemon project where the community build teams of Pokemon to counter each other. Once the teams are built, then the teams will be used by well-known players. Granted, the last time it was done, the battle wasn't able to be carried out due to some reasons (although the project had been done successively several times before).

Now that the ORAS metagame is more or less settled (and the SPL has ended) , would it be the right time to once again kick-start this project?
Normally this requires someone to take initiative and host the project, although there seems to be no reason why it can't be done.

Is it still better to run a spread of 252 SpA / 32 SpD / 232 Spe over a Max/Max spread on AV Raikou? Does it achieve something that the Max/Max one can't? And same questions for Specs Raikou with the 32 EVs in HP.

Is it still better to run a spread of 252 SpA / 32 SpD / 232 Spe over a Max/Max spread on AV Raikou? Does it achieve something that the Max/Max one can't? And same questions for Specs Raikou with the 32 EVs in HP.
You pretty much always want to run max speed, especially with the rise of Starmie. The 32 EVs just give a little extra to the AV boost. 232 SpA / 32 SpD / 252 Spe is probably ideal for AV.

You pretty much always want to run max speed, especially with the rise of Starmie. The 32 EVs just give a little extra to the AV boost. 232 SpA / 32 SpD / 252 Spe is probably ideal for AV.
Thanks a lot! And I just realized my numbers were wrong: it should be 224 instead of 232. Anyways, thanks again!

Ive been away from the game for a few months now and really want to get back into it, but i cant even find the desire to pick up my 3ds again. Anyone have any advice for getting back into it and finding my drive again?

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Ive been away from the game for a few months now and really want to get back into it, but i cant even find the desire to pick up my 3ds again. Anyone have any advice for getting back into it and finding my drive again?
try a different metagame. If you played OU, try VGC or Smogon Doubles. The huge differences in viable Pokemon and strats should spark your interests again (this is what I did). You can also try watching YouTubers to help you get ideas for different Pokemon to use if you're not familiar with a tier. aim is a good example of a YouTuber that gives consistent content in a variety of metagames, watching his stuff you might find you are interested in a tier you didn't know about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)