Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

Ugh that video is ruined because I can't stop thinking about how cleaner the L/R button noise is when you remove the inner spring (it also makes powershielding Falco lasers easier which is why I originally did it, but now I'm used to it and can't go back).

I think the real question is why Knuckles and Tails are listed as 3rd party characters with little or no chance to appear in a game that has Sonic in it.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
There was a more reliable survey done on Reddit (discussion channel r/SmashBros) if you want to take a look at what people are voting for:

Calling it right now that almost all of the people who chose Other voted for shit like Goku
Actually if you scroll down the list Goku is listed separately (luckily). In fact, there are some things on that list that make me wonder what people were thinking. Seriously, who voted for Korra?

If I were forced to vote a Third-Party character, it would definitely be Shantae. I hope to get a game in her series soon, and she looks like she could be an original fighter.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I am going to give Smash 4 one more chance with this balance update, if it doesn't do much, or touch on shields and physics I'll just let my copy of the game collect dust after I have my fun with Mewtwo and unlock his customs.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
We all know they'll never make changes to the engine/physics/how shield works etc even if we want them to, I feel like it's too late at this point to make drastic changes like that.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Bowser's Side B (who calls it flying slam anyway, seriously, it's bowser's side b for simplicity's sake) used to kill the other guy first but it got patched in 1.0.4 and it started killing bowser first, which is better because it was stupid lol.

I like calling the moves by their names... :$

Supposedly, the biggest reason Flying Slam got changed like that because one of his customs variants (Dash Slam) allowed for inescapable Bowsercides at 0% on some stages, and this was a quicker fix to that.

It makes sense considering Ganondorf's Flame Choke is still awesome super awesome!

aVocado

@ Everstone
I like calling the moves by their names... :$

Supposedly, the biggest reason Flying Slam got changed like that because one of his customs variants (Dash Slam) allowed for inescapable Bowsercides at 0% on some stages, and this was a quicker fix to that.

It makes sense considering Ganondorf's Flame Choke is still awesome super awesome!
No one knows the names of moves except for the super popular ones ala bouncing fish, quick attack, thunder, fireball, etc. Random names of specials for random characters aren't really known lol, and you're forcing the majority to google the name. Stop being an ass

Just what kind of fighting game community doesn't know the names of special moves?
To be fair, very few of the characters shout out the names of their attacks like in Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, which was the only reason why I knew any of the attacks in that game and why I can name most of Shulk's attacks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)