Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is doublade viable in OU ? I kind of see him usable but im kinda bad at the same time lol
To add to bolts' comment, the things that Doublade was great at stopping, namely Mega Gardevoir, Mega Medicham, and Mega Heracross, aren't seen as much as they were back in XY, thanks to all the new megas. Doublade's usability is directly linked with how common those Pokemon are, so it isn't particularly good at the moment. Still, if you're very weak to the above mons, Doublade can be effective.

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams
tbh I don't think it is that necessary to have something that can defog + win against bisharp because the options are very limited (Zapdos and Scizor)
Rain offense doesn't really need a defogger because the opponent often doesn't even get a chance to get up their hazards and if they do they can't utilize it by putting offensive pressure because the only pokemon that is putting pressure in the game is that Kingdra / Omastar / Swampert in the rain. If you still need a Bisharp check on an offensive rain team, Toxicroak or Keldeo work. If you want a defogger/spinner on an offensive rain team Kabutops, Starmie, Scizor and Lati@s are all good options. Balanced rain teams can use Tentacruel, Zapdos, Skarmory, Starmie, Scizor, Kabutops or Lati@s as their hazards remover, but they don't really beat Bisharp except if you use Superpower on Scizor or counter on skarmory (which is risky because of SD)

I guess I don't really get ''simple answers'' btw

Adamant M-Tyranitar fully invested sits at 241 Spe. After one DD, he sits at 361.5 Speed. That's rounded down to 361 right? Meaning even after a Dragon Dance Adamant M-Tar is rolling the dice against max speed base 115's? (aka starmie and raikou)

p2

Banned deucer.
Adamant M-Tyranitar fully invested sits at 241 Spe. After one DD, he sits at 361.5 Speed. That's rounded down to 361 right? Meaning even after a Dragon Dance Adamant M-Tar is rolling the dice against max speed base 115's? (aka starmie and raikou)
Yes, if its a speed value at +1 or whatever is .5, it always rounds down. So +1 Speed Adamant MTTar speed ties with max speed base 115

Sorry for the double post but....

Good partners for Gourgeist for a deffensive core? I was thinking about Rypherior and maybe something else for a 3mons core

Sorry for the double post but....

Good partners for Gourgeist for a deffensive core? I was thinking about Rypherior and maybe something else for a 3mons core
I suppose SpDef Heatran and AV/CB Azumarill could work well: the former can provide Rocks and check things like Talonflame and EQ-less CharX while the latter forms a FWG core with the other two, checks some of the fighting types that could give trouble to the core (ex.:Keldeo), among other threats, and provides said core with some needed firepower.

EDIT:Endure is one of the many moves suggested for TankChomp's last slot; however, last time I checked, I noticed that Endure is a gen IV exclusive tutor move, therefore it would be illegal to have it with Rough Skin, which was introduced in gen V. The question is, am I missing something or the combination of the two is effectively illegal?

Last edited:
yea but doesnt hp ice drop ur ivs?
HP Ice does indeed demand a single Speed IV from you so running Icy Wind is starting to make more sense - honestly I think it's mostly because people don't actually know Tornadus gets Icy Wind. It was kind of a random distribution.

HP Ice does indeed demand a single Speed IV from you so running Icy Wind is starting to make more sense - honestly I think it's mostly because people don't actually know Tornadus gets Icy Wind. It was kind of a random distribution.
From the Simple Requests Wi-Fi thread

Ice:
30/31/30/31/31/31
31/30/30/31/31/31
30/30/30/31/31/31
31/31/31/31/31/30

So there are HP Ice combinations that don't drop your speed.

EDIT:Endure is one of the many moves suggested for TankChomp's last slot; however, last time I checked, I noticed that Endure is a gen IV exclusive tutor move, therefore it would be illegal to have it with Rough Skin, which was introduced in gen V. The question is, am I missing something or the combination of the two is effectively illegal?
Dream World Gibles from Icy Cave could have Endure as a special move. So Endure is indeed available legally on HA Garchomp, but it can't be passed via breeding and such.

looking to make one of my fortnightly teams and i am looking for one of the following to be the core mon or just be a member of the team as support or what ever.

Ever since his release, serpeior has remarkably manged to somehow, slivered it's way onto every single team I have made, althrough admittedly 2 were biased around him. This is largely due to his abilities as premier grass type sweeper on fire grass water core, to which i tend to build on. With his ability to wreck stall and balance a like thanks to access to a stab nasty plot boosting leaf storm, serpeior makes for one of the best if not the best offensive grass type in ou for it's boosting abilities and remarkable base 113, thta lets it abuse hidden powers with impunity. While he may hav been on all my teams, there is no doubting serpeior has been at the heart of all of them and will likely to continue to find it's way into my future teams, deliberate or not.

The monsterous kyurem-b makes it's way into a second generation into ou and while this gen has not been so kind to it, kyurem-b remains a top threat in the metagame today thanks to his stellar stats and including a base 170 non mega attack. I have liked the big lug since he was released in early bw2 and tbh i have not used him outside of making a friends team for him, so it seems he neds some love, but his typing is often the thing, that mkes me think twice about using him, as more oftn or not he will share weaknesses with other members of the team, making it tedious to find a blance of support in the teams i build.

Keldeo aka my little pony, pokemon style. Instantly became on of my favourites from off the bat, but after making so many team with him in black and white era, that put off a similar vain of teams in 6th gen unfortunately. Had the odd origonal idea not really had many non original ideas when it comes to the pony, pair with tyranitar this, lando-i that.

empopleon the bird that can't roost. Puns aside, empoleon is an intresting pokemon. In 4th gen he was a dcent overall bulky pokemon that could go offensive if he wanted to with the special attack boost agility set, 5 gen was unkind to empoleeon with the dawn of the fighting type, now in 6th gen empoleon resistances come in handy, it gained a role as a hazzard remover that can even set up sr and isn't complete bisharp bait. Recently i saw a lot of balance teams fitting him nicely as the glue and i was thinking he would b an option to for a team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)