Project The Next Best Thing (New thread is newer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
sigh what a versatile mon...

Exploud @ Life Orb / Silk Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpDef / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Boomburst
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

I noticed it got Taunt so after about 30 minutes of thinking of ways it could use it, since Work Up was stolen and Im not lordly enough to post a Whirlpool set (hint hint). Probably the biggest use is to stop Defog on Webs, as Exploud outspeeds most defoggers, even those unaffected by webs. It also lets it beat like Cresselia if you taunt it on the switch since Cresselia is unable too Moonlight off the damage as well as Cradily for the same reasons. The item is all up to you, I like Life Orb because of the damage but Silk Scarf is useful too. It also lets you stop Calm Minders from setting up on you (lol) and prevents Rocks in clutch situations. The versatility of switching moves also is very useful for this set.

Last edited:

Natural Talent

Don't die trying to live..
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Exploud @ Salac Berry
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Focus Blast / Fire Blast
- Substitute
- Work Up

Damn, as soon as I saw this I found my idea but no someone already took it.

Found something better as you can see.

Ya see right here is genius. You set up a sub on the switch then work up and proceed to sub into salac.

Maybe be easily revenge but if you get a sub and a work up it could potentially be looking good.

I have the standard Boomburst with my coverage of choice, in my case I like Focus Blast more to hit steelix and other mons but fire blast is more accurate and could be cool too.

All depends on the coverage you want you can run any attack you choice tbh.

In one of these slots barring maybe Boomburst or sub maybe you can slide in a surprise endeavor.

Last edited:
Exploud @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Fire Blast
- Surf
- Fake Tears

Get Exploud in, force a switch to their Boomburst tank and hit it with Fake Tears, either they switch out again or whatever they sent in takes massive damage. This thing really has so few good moves it's no wonder people say it's so braindead.

Don Honchkrorleone

Happy Qwilfish the nightmare
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Where is the mixed Work Up? Anyway

Exploud @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Def / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Boomburst
- Work Up
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

The only thing Exploud ALWAYS does is spam Boomburst, and it lacks recovery so why not RestTalk? Fuck Cradily and fat SDef walls without phazing when you set up on them easily. Just pair with some TSpikes and Cobalion for the eventual Abomasnow. 20 Spe EVs outspeed Hitmontop and I'll edit the defensive investment since it was that on my team and I forgot why due to me being ill / urge to sleep but if you want you can use SpA investment.

tehy

Banned deucer.
heres some content ladies n gents

Exploud @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Surf

check it out, instead of getting revenged by fast shit on offense, it just bangarangs them

btw make sure to predict Cobalion

252 SpA Exploud Boomburst vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Glalie: 216-255 (71.7 - 84.7%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Exploud Boomburst vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Heliolisk: 189-223 (71.3 - 84.1%) -- 50% after LO round and rocks

nerd
K so jolt outspeeds it? who cares, jolt is <<<<heliolisk

btw;

itt:stall gets demolished

liek dis if u ban exploud errytime

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Exploud @ Choice Specs
Ability: Soundproof
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Fire Blast
- Surf
- Shadow Ball

Soundproof because no one keeps their ghosts in on boomburst and you can counter enemy explouds with it, shadow ball gives you a 100% acc move vs doublade and wrecks jellicent. But you still only ever need boomburst.

also my vote is for Pearl.

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Exploud @ Choice Specs
Ability: Soundproof
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Fire Blast
- Surf
- Shadow Ball

Soundproof because no one keeps their ghosts in on boomburst and you can counter enemy explouds with it, shadow ball gives you a 100% acc move vs doublade and wrecks jellicent. But you still only ever need boomburst.

also my vote is for Pearl.
Every move is 100% accurate Vs Doublade, silly :p

Leandro

a set like helias's honestly seems like wasting turns + what avoids a 2hko from specs boost and would be crippled significantly by tears anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)