Multi Gen Ubers Premier League 3 - Week 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if Fireburn is willing to grant another day extension or not. Personally I find it a shame to have granted an extension just to sub out in the end, especially when it"s such an interesting matchup. If neccessary, I can make a substitution here but I'd very much prefer to not have to.

edit: actually, all of my potential subs (minority and heatedline) are not online atm...

i just wanted to play :(

bye hack o/
bye man, I respect you as a player and I really don't have any hard feelings, I understand why couldn't be there during the game. you could have dropped my player a vm about the situation and tried to reschedule though

one step closer to having a not-ass community :D

hwhheheheahhehahaeheha
shut the fuck up you lowly insect

Last edited:

yohoE

I'm jus Here for da memes r wateva dem shits called
bye man, I respect you as a player and I really don't have any hard feelings, I understand why couldn't be there during the game

shut the fuck up you lowly insect
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL MAD?

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Alright since a lot of you are still mad at me - I discussed this with not one but two TD's and they advised me on this course of action. I didn't make this decision alone. And quitting because a ruling didn't go your way is a cowardly thing to do. You joined this tournament with the expectation that you would see it through to the end. Don't ruin it for everyone else.

Alright since a lot of you are still mad at me - I discussed this with not one but two TD's and they advised me on this course of action. I didn't make this decision alone. And quitting because a ruling didn't go your way is a cowardly thing to do. You joined this tournament with the expectation that you would see it through to the end. Don't ruin it for everyone else.
Don't appeal to my sentimentality please. I have every obligation to act as I do because I don't need to follow any of these boundaries you set for me any more. Go ahead and ban me if you want, you have absolutely nothing to threaten me with anyway.

1. Fireburn didn't make the decision on his own: he asked not one, but TWO Tournament Directors about the proper course of action to take. Get off his dick.

2. The decision made was horrible IMO, it's a joke that the Durians were given a loss because of the incorrect "no contest" ruling and Dice and Kebabe should still have to play their match. It isn't Kebabe's fault that Dice had an emergency at their scheduled time, and by declaring the match a "dead game," you are robbing the Durians a chance to tie their series. Not only is it important to the integrity of this tournament to determine a winner fairly, but Kebabe-Dice is a highlight match that lots of people want to watch.

Can we pretend the last hour never happened and discuss this rationally?

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
quit being bitchasses

seriously, you're literally playing this just for fun. there's no trophy, no nothing, just playing for the sake of having fun and enjoying your time with friends & making some new ones. activity decisions won't go your way sometimes, and EVERYONE has to deal with calls they don't feel were properly handled (mostly because everyone thinks the calls should go their way!). i have not been following UPL until i was notified of this, but no matter how steamin' you are over an activity decision, it's absolutely unfair to both your players & teammates and everyone else playing that you respect (and those you don't, haha), and it's unfair to fireburn who has a really rough job when you guys are flippant like this.

look, plain and simple: if you all are going to up and quit because of an activity call in an irrelevant forum tournament that you are playing for fun, i have no problem whatsoever dropping your name onto the tourney ban list for a little while / having you subject to other similar punishments pending on what other TDs think. play to do your best, play to win, play to have fun, but don't resort to whining about it and threatening to quit because you don't like the activity call. the tournament will continue without you if necessary. be good sports, whether or not you feel the activity decision was right.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
thanks zeb

I'll discuss managerial concerns with the durians asap so we can get this sorted out

in the meantime try to have some fun with ubers or something?

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Not to belabor the point or anything but for the record, if anything both managers are way more at fault than Fireburn or anyone else here. It was obvious the match would not be completed during the week due to scheduling issues, a double sub should have been made earlier in the week. If the results matter that much to anyone be more proactive in both trying to get the match done or try to buy more reliable/available subs during the auction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)