Pokémon Rumble World

Just got this a few hours ago and can't stop playing it. Immensely fun.
Highest level Pokemon at the moment is 412, although I'm about to go back into Leafy Expanse.

This is pretty fun, although it starts slowing down more as you start ranking higher. Just a note, I got something called "Fever", which took the regular spots from my balloon and upgraded them - no starts on any into two one stare courses and one two star course. The selection thing moved a little faster too, I think.

This is pretty fun, although it starts slowing down more as you start ranking higher. Just a note, I got something called "Fever", which took the regular spots from my balloon and upgraded them - no starts on any into two one stare courses and one two star course. The selection thing moved a little faster too, I think.
Yeah I get that every so often. I even got "Super Fever" once, lol.

Actually, for those of you who don't like F2P's because of the hearts limit... have you considered just to pay a normal game's price and then start playing like mad?
For example in Pokemon Shuffle, it takes $25 to purchase 35 jewels, and $25 costs slightly less than a regular game.
So if I pay $25 right at the beginning, it's like I'm paying for a cheaper game and I can play all I want?
This is actually exactly what Rumble World does. There's a hard limit of 3000 diamonds you can buy - it's not like like Shuffle where you just buy an infinite amount of them to circumvent time restrictions. Once you buy 3000, you are rewarded with a diamond mine which gives you 20 free diamonds every day. Plus, you get an item that reduces the cost to reinflate a balloon to 1 diamond. In essence, you are paying (roughly $30) for the full content of this game and to be able to remove all the usual restrictions.

This game's reputation is probably irrevocably tarnished by the "free2play" label, but in all seriousness it's not like Pokemon Shuffle or most microtransaction games. It's more like, the free version of the game is a playable demo, and you have the option to purchase the full game in part or in full. It's just the way the game is presented gave people false expectations, and they have an even bigger sense of entitlement once they expect the "game" to be "free" (even though most people would have no problem spending $40 on this game if it were a retail game).

I just managed to catch a Latias! It's my highest strength Pokemon now at 528! :) I had the double rainbow mechanic kick in and it was the 3 star boss Pokemon at the Redwood place. I've got a triple rainbow now; have absolutely no idea what it means but I'm hoping I get something cool to show up.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
I got my Kyogre during the Super Fever thing.

This is actually exactly what Rumble World does. There's a hard limit of 3000 diamonds you can buy - it's not like like Shuffle where you just buy an infinite amount of them to circumvent time restrictions. Once you buy 3000, you are rewarded with a diamond mine which gives you 20 free diamonds every day. Plus, you get an item that reduces the cost to reinflate a balloon to 1 diamond. In essence, you are paying (roughly $30) for the full content of this game and to be able to remove all the usual restrictions.

This game's reputation is probably irrevocably tarnished by the "free2play" label, but in all seriousness it's not like Pokemon Shuffle or most microtransaction games. It's more like, the free version of the game is a playable demo, and you have the option to purchase the full game in part or in full. It's just the way the game is presented gave people false expectations, and they have an even bigger sense of entitlement once they expect the "game" to be "free" (even though most people would have no problem spending $40 on this game if it were a retail game).
Serebii mentioned about VIP's in Pokemon Rumble World. The first VIP is said to be 40 Poke Diamonds.
But I don't understand -- 40 Poke Diamonds as in you bought Poke Diamonds in real currency, or that there's an ingame shop where you spend 40 Diamonds??

I want to get the VIP.

Just wondering if there's a mechanic to the rainbow frenzy bonus thing. It seems to be when I go through a level and kill/befriend a lot of stuff that I get single/double rainbows, at least more often then when I rush a level to recruit a specific thing without fighting. It could just be me over analysing but I managed to get a single + double + double rainbow streak because I went around befriending and killing everything in levels I'd already completed, when I'd been rushing them previously and not had much frenzy luck.

Sad to say my Latias is already lagging behind... My current best now is a 618 Alakazam. I wish there was a training shop so you could bring your rare catches up to par with your best fighters.

EDIT: Scratch the theory, think I just had a lucky streak.

Last edited:

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
I'm having fun with this game. My current strongest is a 408 Delphox, and I keep having to spend my Poke Diamonds to by more Pokemon space. I'm one of the people who probably won't spend money on this game, but it's still pretty neat regardless.

On the topic of fevers, I have a hypothesis as to when they occur. For my last fever, I was paying attention to the upper screen and there was a wind current surrounding the stages. I have another right now and will test once my Gold Balloon recharges in about 15 minutes.

Hypothesis busted. No fever.

On a side note, does anyone have tips for selecting the stage they want (aside from spending diamonds)? I heard rumors that the Smash classic mode trick works here; any confirmations/busts?

Last edited:

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
On the topic of fevers, I have a hypothesis as to when they occur. For my last fever, I was paying attention to the upper screen and there was a wind current surrounding the stages. I have another right now and will test once my Gold Balloon recharges in about 15 minutes.

Hypothesis busted. No fever.

On a side note, does anyone have tips for selecting the stage they want (aside from spending diamonds)? I heard rumors that the Smash classic mode trick works here; any confirmations/busts?
As far as I can tell, where you go predetermined. The spinner really doesn't go that fast, so it's really easy to see and time where you press. However, the spinner stops wherever it wants, ignoring your stopping it.

It seems like you can semi-consistently go to locations you select, but even then, I think I've bunged it up. I've never been too far from where I wanted to go when I didn't get it

I've found there's an element of timing to it. I've only ever been one of the location I've wanted, and land on it probably 60% of the time.

What do the superstar pokemon do? I just caught my first one, and I'm trying to figure out if it's rare, affects befriending rates or is purely aesthetic.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
The rust remover fountain is unlocked after completing the Rank 58 challenge. Took me a while to get there and I'm not sure it was worth it. I've been using Dragon Claw / Focus Energy Mega Salamence (around 1600 power) for the last couple ranks. Focus Energy boosts wobble chance and Dragon Claw is really quick and spammable.

I'm only at 750 or so max power for my pokemon and I have some pokemon with amazing stats etc, but some of the stupidest moves ever, with no way to change them. (See 800 power garchomp with dragon rage and hidden power grass.)

What are your guys' stupidest pokemon that you've gotten?
I also have obtained a simisage with acrobatics (wow that move sucks) and theft...with 650 power.

I'm only at 750 or so max power for my pokemon and I have some pokemon with amazing stats etc, but some of the stupidest moves ever, with no way to change them. (See 800 power garchomp with dragon rage and hidden power grass.)

What are your guys' stupidest pokemon that you've gotten?
I also have obtained a simisage with acrobatics (wow that move sucks) and theft...with 650 power.
820 Rhyperior with only Stomp
My current two best are a Sceptile and Treecko abot 2 power apart, with Slam and Safeguard for the Sceptile (Slam having some bad hitboxing) and the Treecko getting Endeavor and Rock Smash.

I got a 925 Volcarona with just Gust.

My highest is a 1107 Garchomp that had Slash and Iron Tail. I replaced Slash with Dragon Claw (you get the move tutor house by beating the 10th King's Request: Catch the Garden Intruder) just because I wanted to see how good I can make this Garchomp until I eventually have to replace it.

I really love Pokemon Rumble, it's such a simple game but it's a lot of fun. Anything that mimics Pokemon Mystery Dungeon where you can actually take control of your pokemon is always something up my alley. I don't mind the pace right now, it's pretty fast since I'm still pretty new to it, but I'm just hoping all of this pay-to-win stuff doesn't go to Nintendo's head. Like, what other games will they be releasing "free" into the shop? Or if they end up including real money purchases in the next cartridge release of pokemon, like a pay-for DLC or something. I just don't like the sound of it is all.

Does anybody know what triggers the shining glow on bosses that gives a 100% befriend rate? I read a post about it earlier and I'm really glad I did, because it meant I could spend 2 diamonds with confidence to try again against groudon when I died, because I knew I'd befriend it without fail due to the glow.

Does anybody know what triggers the shining glow on bosses that gives a 100% befriend rate? I read a post about it earlier and I'm really glad I did, because it meant I could spend 2 diamonds with confidence to try again against groudon when I died, because I knew I'd befriend it without fail due to the glow.
I always assumed that glow was indicating a special ability: I at least noticed every regular Mon I knocked out that had that glow could be befriended and had a trait.

Is there anyway to increase wobbling? I notice Pokemon are easier to befriend if you knock them out in such a state.

I always assumed that glow was indicating a special ability: I at least noticed every regular Mon I knocked out that had that glow could be befriended and had a trait.

Is there anyway to increase wobbling? I notice Pokemon are easier to befriend if you knock them out in such a state.
You will always befriend wobbling pokemon.
There are a couple things to do to help: Number one is buy the wobble trees. The second is really only applicable for bosses, hit them with weak moves to get them to wobble. I've heard it's better to do so when they have the white smoke above their heads, but I'm not sure if it really matters.

Reactions: JES
You will always befriend wobbling pokemon.
There are a couple things to do to help: Number one is buy the wobble trees. The second is really only applicable for bosses, hit them with weak moves to get them to wobble. I've heard it's better to do so when they have the white smoke above their heads, but I'm not sure if it really matters.
When I try attacking with that White Smoke, my attacks always seem to miss until that follow up Shock Wave (mainly used for stunning it seems)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)