UU Speed Tiers

I don't really see the need to run max speed M-Aero, and Megazam should always be modest. M-Aero only needs 136 jolly to outspeed everything it needs to outspeed, and any extra speed would be unnecessary. Megazam likes the extra power that comes with modest more than the extra speed, since it can't run a life orb.

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Can we get a listing on max Spd Timid/Jolly M-Zam/M-Aero? I know they aren't as common as the other sets, but It would be nice to see where they line up at a glance when considering scarfers.
I don't really see the need to run max speed M-Aero, and Megazam should always be modest. M-Aero only needs 136 jolly to outspeed everything it needs to outspeed, and any extra speed would be unnecessary. Megazam likes the extra power that comes with modest more than the extra speed, since it can't run a life orb.
I was kinda in the same boat as LiberalLucario on this. I mean to some degree I can see the merit of Timid Mega Alakazam since even though it's still ridiculously fast, it'd miss out on reliably killing other Mega Alakazams/Aerodactyls guaranteeably outspeeding Mienshao (ties with it) and anything faster before Mega Evolution with a Modest nature. However I can tell you that max Spe Timid/Jolly base 150s hit 438 Speed, which outpaces +1 Jolly/Timid Base 80s like Scarf Chandelure. I'm not really sure if this should be put up on there, if more people agree, though, I'll get on doing it.

Also...to anybody reading, any idea on like the most used spreads for Zygarde? I held off on putting this guy up because I just can't find the optimal Speed tier for the SubCoil set. I see so much Speed creep in Zygarde's range, all the way up to Jolly and enough EVs for 300 Speed. Even bulky DD sets kinda throw me off cause there's no absolute spread for this guy as of yet, and while I guess a 252 spread for DD could work as a nice filler, suggestions on other spreads (at least the absolute most important ones) would also be appreciated...

Hm for Zygarde, I'd just say put 0 Speed, max adamant at +0 and +1, and max jolly at +0 and +1 on there. Like you said, Zygardes speed is highly variable even within a certain set. I think generally, Zygarde is gonna be creeping other pokemon; other Pokemon aren't gonna be creeping certain Zygarde spreads because again, there's just too many of them. I guess the next most common speed it would hit is in that 243-244 range so maybe you could put that in there with the other ones I listed.

I run enough speed on Zygarde to outspeed Nidoking with the rest in bulk, 176 Jolly. An argument can be made to outrun 252 Entei, 188 Jolly.

CoolStoryBrobat

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Updated this thread again with the new host of Mega Evolutions brought about in the ORAS Metagame. I also, however, added the BL Pokemon who are currently being tested in UU. Both the new Megas (the ones I think could potentially be banned) and the BL drops are highlighted in red text to make it easy for you to discern which is which. I figured the information on these Pokemon is still relevant, and highlighting them makes them easier to access...Both for a person trying to figure out their speed tier, and for me, in the event the Pokemon gets banned, in which case it can be erased off this thread. If it's deemed to stay UU, I'll black it out.

Hm I think that max Timid/Jolly Zam/Aero should go on here now that they're relevant.

438 / Aerodactyl-Mega, Alakazam-Mega / 150 / +Spe / 252 / 0

CoolStoryBrobat

Heracross' multiple benchmarks (bulky, Adamant max, Jolly Max, Scarf) need to be added.
I added all of those before you even posted that...in red.

Edit: Didn't add bulky because that's still somewhat of a convoluted case for the time being

Whoops, been on mobile and went straight to the last page. Is red still code for "This Pokemon may be banned"? Because I feel like Heracross at least is safely UU. He was UU when Heracronite pulled him up into OU.

136 / Aggron, Aggron-Mega, Diancie, Donphan, Registeel / 50 / Neutral / 0 / 0
218 / Diancie / 50 / +Spe / 252 / 0
284 / Chandelure, Gallade, Glalie / 80 / +Spe / 252 / 0
357 / Serperior / 113 / +Spe / 252 / 0

rip

CoolStoryBrobat

136 / Aggron, Aggron-Mega, Diancie, Donphan, Registeel / 50 / Neutral / 0 / 0
218 / Diancie / 50 / +Spe / 252 / 0
284 / Chandelure, Gallade, Glalie / 80 / +Spe / 252 / 0
357 / Serperior / 113 / +Spe / 252 / 0

rip
It's always the non-megas that slip my radar...thanks

I'd be interesting in seeing where varients of Tyrantrum fall on here, particularly scarf vs. dd vs. rock polish (or even adamant vs. jolly)

I'd be interesting in seeing where varients of Tyrantrum fall on here, particularly scarf vs. dd vs. rock polish (or even adamant vs. jolly)
Rock Polish #s

+2 Tyrantrum Jolly 236 EVs= 520 speed aka 1 point faster than +1 252EV +Speed Base 108s (Infernape)

+2 Tyrantrum Adamant 252 EVs= 482 aka +1 + Speed Base 96s aka not worth it if youre outspeed by +1 jolly 252 evs Haxorus, Scarf Hydre, Scarf Mence....

I think the calc for Jolly Feraligtr is wrong.

" 273 / Feraligatr / 78 / +Spe / 228 / 0 "

It should be 280, right?

EDIT: Didn't see the 228 speed evs only lol . Can you add a max speed jolly feraligtr?

Rock Polish #s

+2 Tyrantrum Jolly 236 EVs= 520 speed aka 1 point faster than +1 252EV +Speed Base 108s (Infernape)

+2 Tyrantrum Adamant 252 EVs= 482 aka +1 + Speed Base 96s aka not worth it if youre outspeed by +1 jolly 252 evs Haxorus, Scarf Hydre, Scarf Mence....
What about +2 Jolly with max speed?

You only outspeed up to 111s with 252+ at +2, which would be bigger in a metagame with more relevant base 110s, but we don't have any, and the only 109 we see normally is Heliolisk, who I suppose can revenge you when weakened. I mean, you could run 252+ at that point (you lose 2 HP), but I don't know if that creep is worth it.

What about +2 Jolly with max speed?
As Lord of Bays stated, there really isn't anything noteworthy for +1 109-111s. If RP Tyrantrum were more prevalent in the current meta, then speed creep would 100% be advised. But, I think Feraligatr is more of a threat than Tyrantrum, so 236 EVs + Jolly is enough. The only other EV Spread worth mentioning is 16 HP/ 252 Attack/ 240 Speed. It speeds creep Jolly 236 EV base 71 (Tyrantrum) and hits an odd number for SR. But, other than that, there is nothing else that is worth going fuly invested.

CoolStoryBrobat

Done.

Didnt see Yanmega
The Thread said:
578 / Sharpedo, Yanmega / 95 / Neutral / 252 / +2
433 / Darmanitan, Sharpedo, Yanmega / 95 / Neutral / 252 / +1
289 / Arcanine, Kyurem, Sharpedo, Yanmega / 95 / Neutral / 252 / 0
I think the calc for Jolly Feraligtr is wrong.

" 273 / Feraligatr / 78 / +Spe / 228 / 0 "

It should be 280, right?

EDIT: Didn't see the 228 speed evs only lol . Can you add a max speed jolly feraligtr?
Yeah. I'm gonna re-do Feraligatr, because the ones there currently were from its (outdated) XY analyses...not to mention they made a bunch of unnecessary clutter cause of all the variants...same with Kingdra tbh but I'll leave that one alone for now. But, done.

Hi, I'm not sure whether this is considered speed creep, but this spread:

266/Heracross/85/+Spe/144/0

is something I've seen on SD Heracross, mostly because it avoids being revenge killed by Scarf Mienshao and takes certain Scalds a bit better. The speed still beats both Adamant and Jolly Krow as well as neutral Porygon-Z before boosts. If this isn't a viable spread or shouldn't be added, could someone enlighten me on why? If it is, could we add it, because I think this is a threat to stall teams, so they'd probably like to beat it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)