Tournament NU3PL Official "Trash Talk" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Earlier to day I was anally violated by an exam. Nothing is better for totally unbiased, WhiteQueen inspired rankings than a little bit of anal penetration. This is actually a fitting introduction for my fifth ranked team, none other than:

The Mexican Mesprits, ironically captained by Thunder Wave hater Hollywood.

Roster: QueenOfLuvdiscs / innovomania / mencemeat / Sweep / Can-Eh-Dian / Vileman / Cherub Agent / Blastral / bedschibaer / Aloha / Pure Demize / lolazo / TewMew / Lasagne / karane / Kushalos

QueenOfLuvdiscs - NU's renowned stall player and bad farm league record haver, QOL is looking for some tournament vengeance. His stall teams will serve him well if he happens to play any randoms, or perhaps anyone relying on a last minute team from their manager, but if he is unable to diversify his playstyle, consider this an ez snackwrap for his opponents. I've seen he is capable of building none stall teams so I guess I can't say whether or not QOL will play like the Pokemon he is named after, or rather be an Alomomola-esque wall that no one can penetrate.

innovamania - PS! moderator and user of 8D, innovamania is a relative mystery to those that do not venture onto PS! Known to practice older generations with Oglemi in spite of being a relative new comer to the Poke scene (BW2). A cute user imo, but pretty unproven on the tournament seen, lets see if this pick was worth the risk.

mencemeat - PO player and Afro Smash's GF's future boyfriend, mencemeat has done well on the tournament scene. The question isn't whether or not mencemeat is a capable player, rather whether or not he will try his hardest when not on a team with his PO friends.

Sweep - Ubers tier leader and notoriously unfunny April Fool's Joke maker. Sweep is actually quit the potent lower tier player. He just needs someone to give him teams so he doesn't end up using his Frillish BW1 AIDS stall. Also my waifu :D.

Can-Eh-Dian - Another one of the endless slew of Canadian NU players that are really all the same, sorry buddy, don't know you.

Vileman - South American (jaja) NU open winner. Claimed he was going to quit Pokemon after the end of SPL 6, yet here he is, maybe its because me and 49 still haven't played for that BW2 RU Minitour, or maybe its his lust for an SPL win, either way something is keeping him on the site. User of unconventional teams, can his South American luck bring his innovation to the next level, or is he doomed to struggle in PL formats?

Cherub Agent - BW2 NU relic and scarf enthusiast Cherub Agent has just recently shaken off the rust and gotten back into the competitive scene. Probably will do pretty well given his recent performance in the ORAS NU tournament.

Blastral - THIS ONE IS DAT BLAST.

bedschibaer - A player better known for le epic may-mays rather than for their battling talent, beds specializes in old gens. Specifically in GSC and RBY, the two generations that NU did not exist in. I'm assuming this was a meme buy, and if so I respect that, nothing wrong with a good meme buy.

Aloha - Who?

Pure Demize - Future OUPL manager, sorry, don't know you.

lolazo - Hollywood buys 3 players I never heard of in a row, but can't muster that extra 2k for me, sorry don't know you.

TewMew - Not much is known about this mysterious gimmick user, although I believe his country of origin is Italy. New on the scene during XY and ORAS, TewMew made a name for himself with his strange defensive builds including SpD SD Virizion and SpD Nasty Plot Slowking (both XY RU). He even innovated the lord SpD Sub SD Barbaracle, TewMew is often mocked by the competitive community for his strange sets in spite of his solid performance in tournaments. Will he continue to catch his opponents off guard, or has the surprise factor worn off.

Lasagne - Tagliatelle21 was the top performer in the SPL 5 NU Farm League with a record of 7-1 (or something), but he was over looked for a spot on an SPL team, the scooters opting to take CBT, a questionable choice indeed. Having pretty much left the competitive scene, does Lasagne still have that farm league magic which allowed him to succeed in BW2 alongside other NU lords such as CBT and Skylight?

karane - sorry, don't know you.

Kushalos - More involved on the PS! side of things Kushalos is relatively unknown on the forums, though he has authority in all the lower tier PS! rooms and was on the UU council for a brief stint. Kushalos is a decent battler, and I assume has knowledge of the NU tier, though I'm not actually sure.

Hollywood - The man formerly known as Treecko37, Hollywood quickly rose through the ranks from Smogon newcomer to Smod. As his ass-man in 2 previous Premier Leagues, I hope that Sweep is there to send in a line up when Hollywood gets too drunk on a Sunday, as that was usually my role. In terms of battling Hollywood does have that unblemished 1-0 SPL record... in LC, but he is an adequate battler as long as he can avoid Thunder Wave and the inevitable meltdown that comes with it. (makeup)

Last edited:
i quit i hate my manager

[17:25:02] <@Finchinator> scramble
[17:25:02] <@ium2> scrambled pokemon name: .m_rimej (8).
[17:25:02] <@ium2> type out an answer to guess, rescramble to scramble again, or !hint for a hint.
[17:25:05] <@Finchinator> mr.mime jr
[17:25:10] <@Finchinator> mr mime jr.
[17:25:14] <@Finchinator> mr_mime jr.
[17:25:15] <@Sam> mime jr.
[17:25:15] <@ium2> Sam guessed the correct pokemon (mime jr.) in 13 seconds.
[17:25:17] <@Finchinator> ,

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
you need to lurk more..
Hello I'm back from my brief stint of lurking to bring you the 4th ranked team on my totally unbiased, WhiteQueen inspired rankings. Putting this team in 4th proves that my rankings are unbiased, as their manager tried to bribe me with SMods if I ranked his team 1st or 2nd.

Coming in 4th on my power rankings are the Money Maker Musharnas, captained by infamously bad team tournament player and NUTL Raseri.

Roster: Zebraiken / iplaytennislol / calloflochie / Tachycardia / Kiyo / Nails / Bowtie Addo / 49 / Tomahawk / ThriceElite / Disjunction / Laurel / Oshony / Pokedots / dice / Scotti

Zebraiken - Oh, both the NU tier leaders ended up on one team :O. 1/3 of the so called trifecta, Zebraiken has a long history of playing in tournaments and a mostly positive record to his name. As (I think) the priciest player in this PL, he should do quite well.

iplaytennislol - Baton Pass user and NU PS! room user, sorry don't know you.

calloflochie - lol. Got mad when I ranked him 9th for RU SPL Power Rankings, had a decent start, then quit on his team after midseason. You moved down in the power rankings in my eyes to be frank. Will probably quit / refuse to play for this PL as well xD.

Tachycardia - A player who is almost exactly the same as the disease he is named after. He has never made waves on the tournament scene, on smogon he is basically a no name, but if you've been a part of the NU community for a long enough time, you know he is deadly. Don't underestimate this player, as if he shows up, he will succeed.

Kiyo - Former PO player and youtuber, Kiyo was relatively unknown on smogon in generation 5. In generation 6 he made the full time switch from PO to Smogon and has successfully become a part of the community. Of course Kiyo's tournament performance can be described as hit or miss, so I guess we'll have to wait to find out if kiyo is a hit or if he is a miss o.o.

Nails - Red Panda enthusiast and cute user, I'm assuming Nails is playing DPP NU, as he never really played BW NU (and doesn't play ORAS afaik). If you play nails in a tier he is good at, he'll do fine.

Bowtie Addo - Cool name, but, sorry, don't know you.

49 - Most users with numbers in their name are bad users, this user's name IS numbers, what does that imply o.o. 49 formally known as col49, (seriously you are supposed to remove the numbers .-.) has just recently stepped onto the tournament scene, well known for his creative team building and his disdain for my NP songs, 49 should perform adequately in NUPL 3. I'm not sure if 49 has any experience in the tier which could be a problem, as his strength lies in meta game knowledge and team building and not necessarily his plays.

Tomahawk - A player that always joins lower tier PLs and ends up playing older gens. Some would say that this user is "disgusting", those users don't like playing a team with 4 Thunder Wave users (who can blame them). Will his underhanded tactics that originate south of the United States pick up some wins for Tomahawk, or will his opponents outplay the coinflip.

ThriceElite - Sorry, I don't know you (x3)

Disjunction - Sorry, don't know you.

Laurel - Consistent midseason SPL buy and a user with an "interesting" history. Depending on who you ask, Laurel is either an amazing teammate, or one of the most annoying users on the site and a terrible teammate. In fact he didn't even make it to week 1 before being kicked of POWC US East this year. Only time will tell if Laurel is the anchor that will drag this team down, or a life boat for an otherwise average team.

Oshony - Sorry, don't know you, and based of your postings I prefer it that way.

Pokedots - He's been liking my posts, probably a good user, don't know you still.

dice - a strong player and worth 45k in UPL, was a good performer in 5th gen lower tiers, wouldn't surprise me to see him do well here.

Scotti - is this person different from scotteh. if you are scotteh then (sun), if not then (puke). Sorry, I think I don't know you.

Raseri - The Player with the worst official team tournament record of all time, and NUTL, Raseri is actually not a bad player at all. While he certainly not the best (playing) manager in this league I do believe he has a chance to win against any of them, oh wait managers play anywhere, nvm. Raseri is above average in this tournament basically o.o

Last edited:
Hello I'm back from my brief stint of lurking to bring you the 4th ranked team on my totally unbiased, WhiteQueen inspired rankings. Putting this team in 4th proves that my rankings are unbiased, as their manager tried to bribe me with SMods if I ranked his team 1st or 2nd.

Coming in 4th on my power rankings are the Money Maker Musharnas, captained by infamously bad team tournament player and NUTL Raseri.

Roster: Zebraiken / iplaytennislol / calloflochie / Tachycardia / Kiyo / Nails / Bowtie Addo / 49 / Tomahawk / ThriceElite / Disjunction / Laurel / Oshony / Pokedots / dice / Scotti

Zebraiken - Oh, both the NU tier leaders ended up on one team :O. 1/3 of the so called trifecta, Zebraiken has a long history of playing in tournaments and a mostly positive record to his name. As (I think) the priciest player in this PL, he should do quite well.

iplaytennislol - Baton Pass user and NU PS! room user, sorry don't know you.

calloflochie - lol. Got mad when I ranked him 9th for RU SPL Power Rankings, had a decent start, then quit on his team after midseason. You moved down in the power rankings in my eyes to be frank. Will probably quit / refuse to play for this PL as well xD.

Tachycardia - A player who is almost exactly the same as the disease he is named after. He has never made waves on the tournament scene, on smogon he is basically a no name, but if you've been a part of the NU community for a long enough time, you know he is deadly. Don't underestimate this player, as if he shows up, he will succeed.

Kiyo - Former PO player and youtuber, Kiyo was relatively unknown on smogon in generation 5. In generation 6 he made the full time switch from PO to Smogon and has successfully become a part of the community. Of course Kiyo's tournament performance can be described as hit or miss, so I guess we'll have to wait to find out if kiyo is a hit or if he is a miss o.o.

Nails - Red Panda enthusiast and cute user, I'm assuming Nails is playing DPP NU, as he never really played BW NU (and doesn't play ORAS afaik). If you play nails in a tier he is good at, he'll do fine.

Bowtie Addo - Cool name, but, sorry, don't know you.

49 - Most users with numbers in their name are bad users, this user's name IS numbers, what does that imply o.o. 49 formally known as col49, (seriously you are supposed to remove the numbers .-.) has just recently stepped onto the tournament scene, well known for his creative team building and his disdain for my NP songs, 49 should perform adequately in NUPL 3. I'm not sure if 49 has any experience in the tier which could be a problem, as his strength lies in meta game knowledge and team building and not necessarily his plays.

Tomahawk - A player that always joins lower tier PLs and ends up playing older gens. Some would say that this user is "disgusting", those users don't like playing a team with 4 Thunder Wave users (who can blame them). Will his underhanded tactics that originate south of the United States pick up some wins for Tomahawk, or will his opponents outplay the coinflip.

ThriceElite - Sorry, I don't know you (x3)

Disjunction - Sorry, don't know you.

Laurel - Consistent midseason SPL buy and a user with an "interesting" history. Depending on who you ask, Laurel is either an amazing teammate, or one of the most annoying users on the site and a terrible teammate. In fact he didn't even make it to week 1 before being kicked of POWC US East this year. Only time will tell if Laurel is the anchor that will drag this team down, or a life boat for an otherwise average team.

Oshony - Sorry, don't know you, and based of your postings I prefer it that way.

Pokedots - He's been liking my posts, probably a good user, don't know you still.

dice - a strong player and worth 45k in UPL, was a good performer in 5th gen lower tiers, wouldn't surprise me to see him do well here.

Scotti - is this person different from scotteh. if you are scotteh then (sun), if not then (puke). Sorry, I think I don't know you.

Raseri - The Player with the worst official team tournament record of all time, and NUTL, Raseri is actually not a bad player at all. While he certainly not the best (playing) manager in this league I do believe he has a chance to win against any of them, oh wait managers play anywhere, nvm. Raseri is above average in this tournament basically o.o

its an improvement over last year where you had me 5th :) 3 more years til i win this tourney~

post for reference

Learn to count, I only had 3 Thunder Wave users on that team.

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
At first I assumed he was a Mexican, but slowly began to realise that a real Mexican probably wouldn't be wearing a sombrero using Twave on a Pokemon simulator. And he'd probably have a real moustache, not a stick-on one. A Mexican with a stick-on moustache would be like a Super-Mexican, because he'd have two moustaches, and that'd be cool, because a Super-Mexican could probably use his poncho as a cape, and then I realised I was saying all this to the man's face.

Cased

Banned deucer.
Cased is constructing his team of yes men.
At first I assumed he was a Mexican, but slowly began to realise that a real Mexican probably wouldn't be wearing a sombrero using Twave on a Pokemon simulator. And he'd probably have a real moustache, not a stick-on one. A Mexican with a stick-on moustache would be like a Super-Mexican, because he'd have two moustaches, and that'd be cool, because a Super-Mexican could probably use his poncho as a cape, and then I realised I was saying all this to the man's face.
damn thats crazy you make 2 posts beggin for likes and i can post a fuckin video of myself doin autistic karate and asking to trade 4 someone and get infinitely more times than that

i can tutor you in NU and humor if you do well this nupl, altho those are the same chances as blunder killin a bronzong

damn thats crazy you make 2 posts beggin for likes and i can post a fuckin video of myself doin autistic karate and asking to trade 4 someone and get infinitely more times than that

i can tutor you in NU and humor if you do well this nupl, altho those are the same chances as blunder killin a bronzong
inb4 beartics come last xd

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Naw, if I was beggin for likes I would of followed your lead and just asked for them
Like this post if you think Afro Smash is overrated

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
we can all be like hungry shitheads in this thread. let's not call each other out for taking advantage of the opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)