Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 68 SpA / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Defog
- Heat Wave

I've been wanting to work with Mega Pidgeot + Celebi recently, so this was nice. First off, on your original core, I changed HP Ground to Roost to make certain stall mons more manageable, and to provide general healing for Pidgeot (especially useful for when Zap is dead and SR is up). You can also try Refresh > U-Turn if you wish. With Celebi, I tried a specially defensive set, but Mega Lopunny became a HUGE issue for the team. Dugtrio works nicely with this core because it is able to trap Scarf T-Tar and Heatran, making Pidgeot's chance of sweeping a lot higher. Also, it provides Stealth Rock support which is definitely appreciated. Scizor is a nice powerful physical attacker that carries a powerful priority move. Also, the thing handles Mamoswine, and helps to make Weavile and Azumarill lesser threats to the team. Heatran has really nice type synergy with Celebi and Zapdos, provides support with moves like Toxic and Taunt, and can trap nuisances to this team with Magma Storm. Originally, I was running the faster specially defensive support set here (252 hp, 56 spdef, 200 speed calm nature w/ lava plume > magma storm and leftovers > air balloon), but Trinitrotoluene and StarmeiTheGod convinced me to buy into the Magma Storm set lol. You could test that other spread or another specially defensive support spread if you want. Also, you could run Flash Cannon > Earth Power, but if so opposing Heatran(s) become an issue for the team; Dugtrio alone isn't always enough. Finally, I decided on Zapdos to counter birdspam and to provide Defog support. Heat Wave is a must on Zapdos! Otherwise Bisharp becomes a problem for this team. With Zapdos and Tran, you can do some funny shit like passing a Nasty Plot if Pidg is dead. It's definitely not something you should do a lot/most of the time, but it can work in the right circumstances and it's really funny.

This team tends to struggle with Ground + Flying mons, super speedy mons like Mega Lopunny, Mega Manectric, etc., and Manaphy (that piece of shit I hate it so much). For Gliscor and the Landos, they can be handled with boosted Mega Pidgeot, and Scizor (to an extent). Handling speedy Pokemon varies... Mega Lopunny can be dealt with by using Celebi, and Heatran can kinda handle Mega Manectric. If you find Mega Manectric to be a big problem, I would definitely try out a specially defensive support set on Heatran. Manaphy is just really annoying; Mega Pidgeot can hit it and shit, but you really need that Nasty Plot boost. These were the main issues that stuck out when testing, building, reviewing the team, etc.

This was a fun build for sure. I really hope you enjoy this team, but if you don't (or if you have any questions/concerns about the team), feel free to PM me here or on Showdown (username: m00ns).

Shoutout to Starmei, Trinitrotoluene, and AM for helping me clean the team up and whatnot ^.^

Last edited:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
VamosPanda

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 104 HP / 220 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost
- Dragon Dance

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Roost / Calm Mind

Sylveon @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 48 HP / 252 SpA / 208 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Heal Bell

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 240 HP / 32 Def / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide / Magnet Rise
- Swords Dance

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 36 Def / 224 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
Team-mates are pretty basic on this one nothing fancy and thankfully you gave me permission to change around sets so made it a hell of a lot easier to build and diversify my options. Anyways just went with sand offense cause it's basic to use, has decent match-ups against most of the tier, and gives you some room to change around stuff later in terms of team-mates if you want to. Char-X is just basic DDance, thought about Sub DDance but sand just wears it down real quick although feel free to try it out with Substitute > Roost basically. Had CM Latios for a secondary wall-breaker that destroys fat builds when I was testing it since I feel DDance Char-X + CM Latios is one of the best ways to utilize them together as a core. Roost is an option though if you don't like getting worn down too quickly and is perfectly legitimate, Thunderbolt is for Empoleon and fat waters that sort of just pivot into the team for free otherwise. Sylveon set was just something I was playing around with that I liked combining the offensive aspect with a clerical tool in Heal Bell, Pixie Plate to boost Hyper Voice power. Starmie is just bulky variant for hazard removal with Ice Beam for fat Garchomp, Serperior, Dragonite, Landorus, most x4 Ice weak mons in general and some specifics like Thundurus, basically a lot of the hindrances that Char-X will have. Tyranitar is support set with Smooth Rock for Excadrill to clean up for 3 more turns with Fire Blast to alleviate Scizor issues and hit Ferrothorn. Sword Dance Excadrill to sweep up offense and balance. Rock Slide is there for simplicity sake but Magnet Rise under sand lets you dodge an incoming Earthquake from something like Landorus-T or to set up in the face of non Whirlwind Hippowdon without a care of it ever hurting you, which removing Hippowdon helps Char-X sweep a bit better late-game.

I personally like Clefable as the fairy type being used since it can absorb status, with Magic Guard immune to sand, and is overall a really solid Fairy type in the tier so that's a thought over Sylveon. Char-X, Latios, Sylveon, Starmie is mostly the foundation but the last two slot is really interchangeable depending on preference and the possibilities are kind of endless tbh. Anyways that's that if you got any questions just ask me in a message and feel free to experiment a bit. Enjoy.

Repeater1947

Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Foul Play
- Fake Out / Knock Off
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

Bisharp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Endure
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed

Slowking @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Scald
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Sludge Wave

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume

Building around Bisharp and Mega Sableye was tricky ngl. I approached it by covering what the core was weak to, so Slowking was added to answer Keldeo and Mega Lopunny. Next, Ferrothorn checks Mega Diancie, DD Mega Altaria, and Mega Gardevoir. At first, Ferro was standard lefties but because Drum Azu 6-0d, I made it Endure helm last minute :'D Heatran gives the team an effective switch in and lure to Talonflame as well as a rocks setter. I went max hp to let it check Zard X better, and to take 1 EP and 1 Focus Blast from opposing Heatrans and Zard Y, respectively. Finally, I wanted strong offensive presence and as you requested, a ground immunity, so I chose the balanced Landorus. +speed nature Landorus to check all of the base 100 Pokemon (Gard, Zard Y, Rachi, etc) and to speed tie with other Landos (if they are modest RP, you bop em). Went with a moveset that lets it beat all its checks bar the Latis (unless weakened) and ofc the rare Cresselia. Feel free to change Landorus to CM, RP or whatever you'd like; all are great alternatives and synergize well with the team. Lum Berry Bisharp because ppl love status spam; Fake Out on Sableye is to get a guaranteed m-evo off on teams that try to pressure from turn 1 (leading with a fairy etc). Opposing Bisharp can be problematic for the team, so be on your toes when facing it. Rocky Helmet Ferro is great at wearing it down though. Adamant > Jolly Bisharp because speed was not really needed.

Enjoy~

Edit: s/o to ThePack for testing and for saying, "this mon 6-0s you" appreciate it friend n_n

Last edited:
Eminent Doom

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 248 Atk / 44 Def / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Tail
- Aerial Ace
- Fire Fang

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 84 SpD / 172 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass
- Seed Bomb
- Recover

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Thunder Punch
- Fire Punch

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb / Passho Berry
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Starmie @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 152 HP / 104 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Rapid Spin
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

SDPass is strong. Like you suggested, good ol' Tank Chomp is here to set up rocks and to punish physical attackers. Fire coverage is run to take care of Scizor, which can be a big problem. ScarfRachi was my pick for a fairy switch-in and check to some setup sweepers, also carrying fire coverage for those Scizors. You mentioned you wanted a second sweeper so I chose the versatile Landorus to fill that role. Decided to run RP to improve the match up vs offense; Landorus' set is reminiscent of gen 5 being Edgequake and HP Ice, which looks rather strange but it's very effective with this team. Sheer Force > Sand Force because no sand and the boost Rock Slide gains. To give you an idea of Lando's power: Sheer Force +2 Rock Slide clean KO the lati's. The power from LO is almost too good to pass up but Passho Berry is a cool alternative so Azu won't ruin your day. Feel free to experiment with Landorus and try other movesets and items! Finally I added offensive Starmie with a twist in that it carries Colbur berry to always spin on Dark types (think Bisharp, Scarftar). It's EV'd to live adamant Bisharps LO Sucker Punch and KO with HP Fighting, removing a potential stop to one of your sweepers. Kept Analytic because of the nature of this team but feel free to change. Celebi runs enough speed for max speed timid Tran. Feel free to experiment with other mons over Landorus if it's not to your liking. The sky's the limit n_n

Enjoy~

Last edited:
hi, quick announcement: if your post contains a generic core (e.g. megazard-x + latios, celebi + heatran, mega sceptile + talonflame) or lacks any substantial descriptions (won't call any names out, but at least three posts in the last two pages and one post in this very page have given us practically nothing to work off), we (the teambuilders) have the right to not build around it. this is in place so we don't release the same team every x amount of months and so the shop doesn't get stale.

also, you can submit one pokemon that you want a team built around. there is no rule in place that says you have to have a core. just make sure you have adequate information to go off before building a team.

tl;dr: read the op of this thread before posting here, please.

I apologize if my post was one of the ones you were referring to. If it was please let me know and I will elaborate more thoroughly. Mine was Lucario and Thundurus-I. Absolutely no rush at all on my post!! I just wanted to know if I needed to explain more or not.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
I apologize if my post was one of the ones you were referring to. If it was please let me know and I will elaborate more thoroughly. Mine was Lucario and Thundurus-I. Absolutely no rush at all on my post!! I just wanted to know if I needed to explain more or not.
pretty sure it wasnt referring to you, you're fine

Eminent Doom

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 248 Atk / 44 Def / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Tail
- Aerial Ace
- Fire Fang

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 84 SpD / 172 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass
- Seed Bomb
- Recover

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Thunder Punch
- Fire Punch

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb / Passho Berry
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Starmie @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 152 HP / 104 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Rapid Spin
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

SDPass is strong. Like you suggested, good ol' Tank Chomp is here to set up rocks and to punish physical attackers. Fire coverage is run to take care of Scizor, which can be a big problem. ScarfRachi was my pick for a fairy switch-in and check to some setup sweepers, also carrying fire coverage for those Scizors. You mentioned you wanted a second sweeper so I chose the versatile Landorus to fill that role. Decided to run RP to improve the match up vs offense; Landorus' set is reminiscent of gen 5 being Edgequake and HP Ice, which looks rather strange but it's very effective with this team. Sheer Force > Sand Force because no sand and the boost Rock Slide gains. To give you an idea of Lando's power: Sheer Force +2 Rock Slide clean KO the lati's. The power from LO is almost too good to pass up but Passho Berry is a cool alternative so Azu won't ruin your day. Feel free to experiment with Landorus and try other movesets and items! Finally I added offensive Starmie with a twist in that it carries Colbur berry to always spin on Dark types (think Bisharp, Scarftar). It's EV'd to live adamant Bisharps LO Sucker Punch and KO with HP Fighting, removing a potential stop to one of your sweepers. Kept Analytic because of the nature of this team but feel free to change. Celebi runs enough speed for max speed timid Tran. Feel free to experiment with other mons over Landorus if it's not to your liking. The sky's the limit n_n

Enjoy~
Wow I am impressed. I wouldn't have been able to come up with something so unique. Thank you so much, and I will definitely give the team a go as soon as I can!

builders, would it b possible to upload and link us to replays used with the team so we can further see how the team operates?

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
builders, would it b possible to upload and link us to replays used with the team so we can further see how the team operates?
A hands-on approach is often better for me since I get a feel of how the team works that way. I would try to play with the team against others you know aren't crap at the game (maybe with someone ghosting you for advice) or watch a friend use the team live.

TheKingKarp

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 21 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Earthquake
- Reversal
- Memento
- Stealth Rock

Bird Jesus (Pidgeot) @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Big Pecks
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Roost

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 Spe
Bold Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Baton Pass
- Giga Drain
- Recover

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Heatran @ Air Balloon
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 68 SpA / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Defog
- Heat Wave

I've been wanting to work with Mega Pidgeot + Celebi recently, so this was nice. First off, on your original core, I changed HP Ground to Roost to make certain stall mons more manageable, and to provide general healing for Pidgeot (especially useful for when Zap is dead and SR is up). You can also try Refresh > U-Turn if you wish. With Celebi, I tried a specially defensive set, but Mega Lopunny became a HUGE issue for the team. Dugtrio works nicely with this core because it is able to trap Scarf T-Tar and Heatran, making Pidgeot's chance of sweeping a lot higher. Also, it provides Stealth Rock support which is definitely appreciated. Scizor is a nice powerful physical attacker that carries a powerful priority move. Also, the thing handles Mamoswine, and helps to make Weavile and Azumarill lesser threats to the team. Heatran has really nice type synergy with Celebi and Zapdos, provides support with moves like Toxic and Taunt, and can trap nuisances to this team with Magma Storm. Originally, I was running the faster specially defensive support set here (252 hp, 56 spdef, 200 speed calm nature w/ lava plume > magma storm and leftovers > air balloon), but Trinitrotoluene and StarmeiTheGod convinced me to buy into the Magma Storm set lol. You could test that other spread or another specially defensive support spread if you want. Also, you could run Flash Cannon > Earth Power, but if so opposing Heatran(s) become an issue for the team; Dugtrio alone isn't always enough. Finally, I decided on Zapdos to counter birdspam and to provide Defog support. Heat Wave is a must on Zapdos! Otherwise Bisharp becomes a problem for this team. With Zapdos and Tran, you can do some funny shit like passing a Nasty Plot if Pidg is dead. It's definitely not something you should do a lot/most of the time, but it can work in the right circumstances and it's really funny.

This team tends to struggle with Ground + Flying mons, super speedy mons like Mega Lopunny, Mega Manectric, etc., and Manaphy (that piece of shit I hate it so much). For Gliscor and the Landos, they can be handled with boosted Mega Pidgeot, and Scizor (to an extent). Handling speedy Pokemon varies... Mega Lopunny can be dealt with by using Celebi, and Heatran can kinda handle Mega Manectric. If you find Mega Manectric to be a big problem, I would definitely try out a specially defensive support set on Heatran. Manaphy is just really annoying; Mega Pidgeot can hit it and shit, but you really need that Nasty Plot boost. These were the main issues that stuck out when testing, building, reviewing the team, etc.

This was a fun build for sure. I really hope you enjoy this team, but if you don't (or if you have any questions/concerns about the team), feel free to PM me here or on Showdown (username: m00ns).

Shoutout to Starmei, Trinitrotoluene, and AM for helping me clean the team up and whatnot ^.^
thanks so much fren! will definitely test out the team and let you know if i find some edits that might make the team more efficient. Looks solid and can't wait to try it out! :]]

CagedWisdom42

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 40 Atk / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Ice Punch
- Waterfall
- Crunch

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Atk / 176 SpD
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Roost

Emboar @ Coba Berry
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 80 Def / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Flare Blitz
- Sucker Punch
- Wild Charge / Head Smash

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Yache Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn

I felt Mega Scizor was a good partner to the core of KB+Gatr, being able to U-Turn out of unfavourable match ups and into KB or Gatr. SD U-turn is what I went for because it works well with the offensive nature of this team. HP Fire on KB to lure Ferrothorn and remove it making Gatr a happy gator. Landorus-T was the next addition because its Intimidate is pretty key to soften the blows from stuff like M-Lop, and it's overall a decent blanket check and rocks setter. Made it Yache to take out electrics with ice coverage (Thundurus), giving Scizor and Gatr some relief. bludz told me something interesting the other day which was that lures were usually the best way to take out a problem mon. Like if I send a Heatran into a Talonflame, 70% of the time bird is not going to stay in. What if it was Emboar though? Huhu, this is where some innovation comes in. Scizor forces in stuff like Talon, I U-turn out, go into Emboar, and with Coba Berry, Boar is guaranteed to live whatever Talon goes for and bop it with Rock Slide Wild Charge (or Head Smash). Emboar is also here to reduce Bisharp's potency and to give the team a strong Scizor check. Finally I added Sash T wave Zam so I wouldn't get floored by anything with DD. Plus I wanted something fast and Zam has a really good speed tier, outpacing the likes of Starmie and the 110s in addition to rk'ing nearly everything (with the right moveset ofc). You can run a more bulky spread on Lando if you please (I run enough to hit 300 speed, outpacing neutral nature base 100s); HP Ice on Zam is a spectacular alternative for things like RP brokedurus; SD Scizor is such a menace but if you feel the need for hazard removal, you can defintiely find room for Defog. Hope you like the team n_n

Enjoy!

Last edited:

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So I tested this team a bit with Arch while he still had Azumarill > Emboar. I found the team was a bit weak to opposing Mega Scizors (although I played my Mega Scizors terribly and lost them so he was able to defeat me in both matches), but I think Emboar definitely patches that up nicely and helping with Bisharp is a nice bonus. Luring T-Flame is pretty cool since Landorus is hard pressed to check it along with electric types and whatnot. On top of that it gives the team a reliable way to KO Ferrothorns and stuff without relying on Kyu-B to lure them (although this is the fastest way) especially since Kyu-B gets worn down with no recovery.

Can confirm that Focus Sash T-Wave Zam is just an excellent offensive check to a bunch of stuff while not being checked super hard by electric types (which this team doesn't particularly enjoy, thus why Yache Berry is great on Landorus-T here IMO) like Prankster Thundurus is. Arch also mentioned to me the possibility of running a more defensive Landorus-T if you really need it as well as the option to change up coverage moves on Alakazam.

Dope team dude.

Last edited:

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
CagedWisdom42

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Ice Punch
- Waterfall
- Crunch

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Roost

Emboar @ Coba Berry
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Flare Blitz
- Sucker Punch
- Wild Charge

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn

I felt Mega Scizor was a good partner to the core of KB+Gatr, being able to U-Turn out of unfavourable match ups and give you huge momentum. SD U-turn is what I went for because it's a really good set and it works well with the offensive nature of this team. HP Fire on KB to lure Ferrothorn and remove it making Gatr a happy gator. Landorus-T was the next addition because its Intimidate is pretty key to soften the blows from stuff like M-Lop, and it's overall a decent blanket check and rocks setter. Made it Yache to take out electrics with ice coverage (Thundurus), giving Scizor and Gatr some relief. bludz told me something interesting the other day which was that lures were usually the best way to take out a problem mon. Like if I send a Heatran into a Talonflame, 70% of the time bird is not going to stay in. What if it was Emboar though? Huhu, this is where some innovation comes in. Scizor forces in stuff like Talon, I U-turn out, go into Emboar, and with Coba Berry, Boar is guaranteed to live whatever Talon goes for and bop it with Rock Slide. Emboar is also here to reduce Bisharp's potency and to give the team a strong Scizor check. Finally I added Sash T wave Zam so I wouldn't get floored by anything with DD. Plus I wanted something fast and Zam has a really good speed tier, outpacing the likes of Starmie and the 110s in addition to rk'ing nearly everything (with the right moveset ofc). You can run a more bulky spread on Lando if you please (I run enough for neutral nature base 100s) as well as run other moves on Emboar; HP Ice on Zam is a spectacular alternative for things like RP brokedurus; SD Scizor is such a menace but if you feel the need for hazard removal, you can defintiely find room for Defog. Hope you like the team n_n

Enjoy!
Wouldn't superpower be better over Rock slide on Pig since u already have wild charge to hit Talon with? Being able to hit TTar and smacking things in general seems like it has more utility than Rock slide, which only hits Talon and wild charge accomplishes that anyways.

I could just be dumb tho and missing something so idk

Wouldn't superpower be better over Rock slide on Pig since u already have wild charge to hit Talon with? Being able to hit TTar and smacking things in general seems like it has more utility than Rock slide, which only hits Talon and wild charge accomplishes that anyways.

I could just be dumb tho and missing something so idk
Yeah I agree. Just calced again and offensive TFlame is ohko'd. I guess I was fearing not killing 248 HP Tflame (bulk up) tho the recoil + charge shud take it out. I'll double check. Thanks for this fren n_n

Edit:

252 Atk Reckless Emboar Wild Charge vs. 248 HP / 4 Def Talonflame: 298-352 (83 - 98%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Derp

Last edited:

AM

LCPL Champion
-Clone-

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Close Combat
- Feint
- Swords Dance

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Crunch

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Roost

Keldeo @ Roseli Berry
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Calm Mind

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 224 SpD / 36 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Roost
- Defog
- Whirlwind
Pinsir team you wanted, had some fun using it. Anyways straight to the point Pinsir set is standard though Feint is used to take out weakened Talons and Weaviles which team is annoyed by a bit more or less, sort of depending on Tflame variant of course. Scarftar doesn't exactly need an explanation other than stating that the duo of Hippo + Ttar is there to check birds and electrics that Pinsir will normally have issues with along with just being a basic core for simplicity sake. 3 attacks Latios Shadow Ball for coverage against M-Metagross, Jirachi, and fat psychics without killing your momentum against them from Draco Meteor or your STAB moves. Calm Mind / 3 attack Keldeo with HP Electric to circumvent a Gyarados sweep and lol Mantine if you ever come across one. It's actually more for Azumarill and M-Diancie as well tbh since offensive fairies are sort of an issue, the Roseli Berry helping with that and giving you a chance to remove one of Pinsir's problems in the meta, M-Diancie. Specially Defensive Skarmory cause the fairy issue became sort of obvious without a fat steel type during testing and just needed some sort of defensive backbone that is a necessity on any sort of balance + hazard removal. Sort of Keldeo and Serperior weak so make sure to play around those.

There's probably a ton of changes you can do like Fire Punch on TTar to lure Scizors in or Ice Punch for Garchomp and Landorus. Quick Attack on Pinsir like you had originally for the sake of maintaining something you're familiar with. Specs Keld, all the usual sets you see, etc. My advice when building Pinsir balance or tbh any Pinsir team these days in ORAS is really just focus on a lure or two to mitigate the issue it has with bigger threats like M-Metagross and M-Diancie. The small issues it has can be alleviated through playing and just minor move changes. Defensive backbone for birds and electrics on balance, offensive one that maintains momentum on birds and electrics if going for a more offensive team, think Lando-T and Weavile. You get more bang for your buck using something atypical on teams around megas that have a very low usage or less relevancy since people won't prepare for them as much in general play and can be hard to keep up with. I guess that's my advice for you Clone. Enjoy.

Edit: Oh thanks to tnt for testing this one.

CagedWisdom42

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Ice Punch
- Waterfall
- Crunch

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Roost

Emboar @ Coba Berry
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Flare Blitz
- Sucker Punch
- Wild Charge / Head Smash

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn

I felt Mega Scizor was a good partner to the core of KB+Gatr, being able to U-Turn out of unfavourable match ups and into KB or Gatr. SD U-turn is what I went for because it works well with the offensive nature of this team. HP Fire on KB to lure Ferrothorn and remove it making Gatr a happy gator. Landorus-T was the next addition because its Intimidate is pretty key to soften the blows from stuff like M-Lop, and it's overall a decent blanket check and rocks setter. Made it Yache to take out electrics with ice coverage (Thundurus), giving Scizor and Gatr some relief. bludz told me something interesting the other day which was that lures were usually the best way to take out a problem mon. Like if I send a Heatran into a Talonflame, 70% of the time bird is not going to stay in. What if it was Emboar though? Huhu, this is where some innovation comes in. Scizor forces in stuff like Talon, I U-turn out, go into Emboar, and with Coba Berry, Boar is guaranteed to live whatever Talon goes for and bop it with Rock Slide Wild Charge (or Head Smash). Emboar is also here to reduce Bisharp's potency and to give the team a strong Scizor check. Finally I added Sash T wave Zam so I wouldn't get floored by anything with DD. Plus I wanted something fast and Zam has a really good speed tier, outpacing the likes of Starmie and the 110s in addition to rk'ing nearly everything (with the right moveset ofc). You can run a more bulky spread on Lando if you please (I run enough to hit 300 speed, outpacing neutral nature base 100s); HP Ice on Zam is a spectacular alternative for things like RP brokedurus; SD Scizor is such a menace but if you feel the need for hazard removal, you can defintiely find room for Defog. Hope you like the team n_n

Enjoy!
Very very cool. Looks exactly like the kind of style I love to use, except with the innovation that I am sometimes lacking. Thanks man.

Hi guys, I see that you are open for requests. I want you to make me a stall team, and if it's possible, include this two Pokémons please

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Foul Play
- Clear Smog

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 192 SpD / 72 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

I've seen a lot of players with a lot of troubles against defensive-type pokémon teams, so, I need help with this. I'll be very grateful if you accept my request.

AM

LCPL Champion
Hi guys, I see that you are open for requests. I want you to make me a stall team, and if it's possible, include this two Pokémons please

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Foul Play
- Clear Smog

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 192 SpD / 72 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

I've seen a lot of players with a lot of troubles against defensive-type pokémon teams, so, I need help with this. I'll be very grateful if you accept my request.
We're actually closed for requests at the moment so save this core for later.

Phione

Terrakion @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Protect

Manaphy @ Wacan Berry
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast
- Thunder Wave
aight, so i got to your request and it was really fun to build. building ho is pretty cool and i decided to take one of the more forgotten leads in the form of terrakion. with lum berry, it can still beat sableye 75% chance of the time, but mainly it sets up rocks on balanced teams and comes in later to smash stuff like garchomp except it isn't walled by skarmory. bisharp, as the first pokemon requested, discourages defog and pairs excellently with alakazam. together, they form a 2-pack punch which prevents faster teams from doing jack. manaphy was paired for providing excellent bulk and a water resist and lord wacan is used to eliminate thundurus so alakazam has a field day. also, tail glow wacan has no time for scald. set up tail glow and get to work with surf. hp fire is there as a lure to ferrothorn and helps bisharp and alakazam in the long run. thundurus-i provides speed control and scizor is added to give your self offensive momentum, more priority, and most importantly provides a fairy resistance and a way not to get steamrolled by fast attackers like diancie and sceptile. pursuit scizor over bisharp because swords dance is too useful. hope you like the team n_n

Callahan

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 144 SpD / 116 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Taunt

Lucario @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Tail
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance

Slowking @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 100 Def / 160 SpD
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Defog
- Roost

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Ice Beam
- Soft-Boiled
i got to your request and a more offensive team was ideal, but i took a more balanced approach because luke never did much work on my ho and offensive teams. zapdos was used over thundurus as a result, but if you really want the offensive squad, it is mega venusaur / offensive heatran / latios / lucario / thundurus / manaphy. mega venusaur + heatran was picked to help the sweep by eliminating and walling things that can threaten lucario such as mega diancie. the beautiful thing is how offensive teams rely on brave bird so extremespeed bypasses that. mega metagross was still a problem as well with landorus-i and although zapdos soft checks them, slowking finishes off the fwg core while walling them and can spread scald burns / great pivot that can switch in to stallbreakertran of all things. clefable is another backbone 'mon that provides another win condition and a switch in to powerful dragon-types such as garchomp and earthquake latios. after you have worn down these threats by stealth rock, cm clefable, and other factors, lucario can go downtown. the team is bothered by manaphy, but venusaur should take care of it along with zapdos and a lucario revenge kill unless its not max speed psychic / ice beam / scald so be careful and try not to give it multiple free switch-ins. i hope you can deal with the rest through smart double switches etc. ^.^

also shoutouts to AM and others for helping test these teams

Last edited:

AM

LCPL Champion
give me an A

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 56 HP / 16 Atk / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Rash Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Rock Polish

Pangoro @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot
- Swords Dance

Entei @ Lum Berry / Charcoal
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Will-O-Wisp

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 200 HP / 236 Def / 72 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 152 SpD / 108 Spe
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Baton Pass
- Nasty Plot

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 224 SpD / 36 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Roost
- Defog
- Whirlwind
Wanted to try out SD Pangoro for a little while so this was a perfect time to try it out when you posted your core. Mold Breaker lets it set up on Unaware users and serves as the component of the team to break down very fat cores found on defensive minded builds. M-Diancie I went with HP Fire as it stops Scizor from being a perfect switch in / pivot to it and allows you to clean out Ferrothorn with some prior damage. Had TFlame originally as the Fire type but I needed some better priority along with something not x4 rock weak since it was getting easy to pressure it on the team. I went with Entei and just played around with a 3 attacks / Will-O-Wisp set to let me burn fat waters and not murder the PP on Sacred Fire when trying to get a burn. Lum Berry cause screw status Seismitoad for rock setter and water absorber to pivot into various offensive waters like Keldeo and certain Rain Offense cores. EVs on special defense give it some more cushion against stuff like Latias. Celebi I needed something to break stuff like Amoonguss and net hits on fighting types without the over dependency of M-Diancie to do that. 2 attacks Nastypass worked out well in practice with utilizing simple STAB. Specially Defensive Skarmory as you can tell is a new favorite of mine for the same deal as always, to give myself a Fairy switch in and Defogger.

Howl > Will-O-Wisp on Entei for attack boost or just regular Choice Band / Life Orb or a Natural Gift lure set with your berry of choice, Taunt > SD on Pangoro to stall-break or the suggested stuff you said in your original post. Physically Defensive Celebi > Specially Defensive to help the slight issue of Azumarill are some suggestions. Anyways enjoy.

Phione

Terrakion @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Protect

Manaphy @ Wacan Berry
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast
- Thunder Wave
aight, so i got to your request and it was really fun to build. building ho is pretty cool and i decided to take one of the more forgotten leads in the form of terrakion. with lum berry, it can still beat sableye 75% chance of the time, but mainly it sets up rocks on balanced teams and comes in later to smash stuff like garchomp except it isn't walled by skarmory. bisharp, as the first pokemon requested, discourages defog and pairs excellently with alakazam. together, they form a 2-pack punch which prevents faster teams from doing jack. manaphy was paired for providing excellent bulk and a water resist and lord wacan is used to eliminate thundurus so alakazam has a field day. also, tail glow wacan has no time for scald. set up tail glow and get to work with surf. hp fire is there as a lure to ferrothorn and helps bisharp and alakazam in the long run. thundurus-i provides speed control and scizor is added to give your self offensive momentum, more priority, and most importantly provides a fairy resistance and a way not to get steamrolled by fast attackers like diancie and sceptile. pursuit scizor over bisharp because swords dance is too useful. hope you like the team n_n

Callahan

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 144 SpD / 116 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Taunt

Lucario @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Tail
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance

Slowking @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 100 Def / 160 SpD
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Defog
- Roost

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Ice Beam
- Soft-Boiled
i got to your request and a more offensive team was ideal, but i took a more balanced approach because luke never did much work on my ho and offensive teams. zapdos was used over thundurus as a result, but if you really want the offensive squad, it is mega venusaur / offensive heatran / latios / lucario / thundurus / manaphy. mega venusaur + heatran was picked to help the sweep by eliminating and walling things that can threaten lucario such as mega diancie. the beautiful thing is how offensive teams rely on brave bird so extremespeed bypasses that. mega metagross was still a problem as well with landorus-i and although zapdos soft checks them, slowking finishes off the fwg core while walling them and can spread scald burns / great pivot that can switch in to stallbreakertran of all things. clefable is another backbone 'mon that provides another win condition and a switch in to powerful dragon-types such as garchomp and earthquake latios. after you have worn down these threats by stealth rock, cm clefable, and other factors, lucario can go downtown. the team is bothered by manaphy, but venusaur should take care of it along with zapdos and a lucario revenge kill unless its not max speed psychic / ice beam / scald so be careful and try not to give it multiple free switch-ins. i hope you can deal with the rest through smart double switches etc. ^.^

also shoutouts to AM and others for helping test these teams
Nice ho squad mang, its rly cool to see what u guys did with the sciz-mzam core.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)