Swampert

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

He who hates vegetables and everything green

Primary QC Approvals: [srk1214, TOTEMO]
Secondary QC Approval: [Darkmalice]
GP stamps: [P Squared, GatoDelFuego]

[OVERVIEW]
Swampert's Mega Evolution has great power, and with Swift Swim, it's easily one of the fastest Pokemon in the metagame under rain. It is also very bulky with a great defensive typing that gives it a lot of resistances and only one relatively uncommon weakness. However, when looking past its stats, it becomes evident that Swampert is an otherwise average sweeper. It has everything it needs to hit a large portion of the metagame for a lot of damage, including a STAB spread move and a powerful, reliable STAB attack that can be further boosted by rain, but its movepool doesn't provide it with much more than that. Also, Swampert is very reliant on rain, as it is slow outside of it. It is also weak against common Grass- and Water-types and thus does nothing to help its team beat traditional rain counters. It doesn't have any reliable moves to boost stats, either, and its main attacking moves are also kind of weak in Base Power, though the rain boost somewhat makes up for that in Waterfall's case.

[SET]
name: Swift Swim Sweeper
move 1: Waterfall
move 2: Earthquake
move 3: Ice Punch / Superpower
move 4: Protect
ability: Damp
item: Swampertite
evs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
nature: Adamant

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Waterfall is a reliable STAB move that is quite powerful and even has the ability to cause its target to flinch. Earthquake is reliable spread move. Ice Punch gives coverage by hitting Dragon- and Grass-types super effectively. Be mindful that neutral a Waterfall in rain hits harder than a 2x super effective Ice Punch, so if the foe doesn't resist Waterfall, use that instead (unless Ice Punch is 4x super effective). Superpower can also be used in situations where hitting Mega Kangaskhan is necessary, and it OHKOes a bit more than 40% of the time. It also hits Ferrothorn hard, but apart from that it isn't really useful. Protect protects Swampert for a turn when it Mega Evolves and also stalls against Grass-types to give partners more time to take threats out. Don't use it too much though, or rain turns will run out.

Set Details
========

Swampert's EVs are quite easily tweaked based on what you need Swampert to outrun. 88 Speed EVs let it outpace 252+ Mega Gengar (base 130) and everything slower and is the standard spread. 152 Speed EVs let it beat Mega Sceptile and Adamant Choice Scarf Landorus-T and below so you don't have to worry about Speed creeping. 224 Speed EVs is pretty much as far as anyone needs to go, outspeeding maximum Speed Jolly Choice Scarf Landorus-T and everything slower. After that, Attack is maximized for as much power as possible, and the rest of the EVs are put into bulk. Mega Swampert can survive pretty much any non-super effective attack as long as it's not boosted past +1. Swampert's initial ability should be Damp so that it can prevent Landorus-T from using Explosion before it Mega Evolves.

Usage Tips
========

Mega Swampert works best under steady rain, where its Speed is boosted and the power of its Waterfall is multiplied by 1.5. Under rain, it can clean up weakened teams with its powerful spread Earthquake, or it can punch holes in frailer teams with its powerful Waterfall, using Ice Punch for coverage. With a partner to weaken tanks and remove Grass-types, Mega Swampert becomes a lot more difficult to stop. Early on, it is encouraged to use Protect to give Swampert a free turn to Mega Evolve and net the Speed boost. While playing, generally avoid trying to confront healthy physical tanks unless Swampert can hit them super effectively. If there are priority users in the opposing team, try to keep Swampert healthy for late-game. Later on, a more reckless playstyle will allow Mega Swampert to deal as much damage as possible so that a partner can come in and clean up. If kept healthy, Mega Swampert can deal a lot of damage at this stage, as it is very hard to OHKO without the use of Grass-type attacks. Avoid Grass-types unless Swampert has a partner that can remove them or they are in KO range of Ice Punch. Don't be afraid to switch out when in danger.

Team Options
========

Politoed is pretty much 100% necessary to provide easily accessed rain for Mega Swampert. Damp Rock is recommended so the rain turns can be prolonged as much as possible. Aside from Politoed, answers to rain counters are also very necessary, as Mega Swampert only compounds the weaknesses of its team. Flying-types such as Talonflame, Shaymin-S, and Togekiss are very appreciated and form strong cores with Swampert. They help remove Grass-types while still allowing Swampert to freely use Earthquake, and they appreciate Swampert's ability to take down Electric- and Rock-types. Talonflame also helps against sun, Shaymin-S beats Rotom-W, and Togekiss provides redirection support. Grass-types are good partners as well because they can beat Rotom-W and other bulky Water-types. Examples include Ferrothorn, Shaymin-S, and Ludicolo, the last of which can also utilize rain to form a powerful sweeping core with Swampert. Dragon-types help a lot, as they cover Swampert's Grass-type weakness and lure in Steel-types for it to beat. Also, many of them are naturally immune to Ground and do not limit Swampert's ability to use Earthquake. Pokemon such as Latios, Salamence, Hydreigon, and Kyurem-B (though it is not immune to Ground) all make solid partners for Mega Swampert. Finally, Thundurus makes for a great partner, switching into Grass-type attacks and hitting bulky Water-types, all the while being able to check Mega Charizard Y's Drought with Prankster Rain Dance.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]

Other Options
=============

Rock Slide or Stone Edge can also be used as coverage. Aqua Tail can be used instead of Waterfall for more power at the cost of reliability and the chance to induce a flinch. Substitute can be used to protect Mega Swampert from status moves and allow it to take advantage of the switches it causes. Low Kick can be used as a substitute for Superpower, as it doesn't lower Swampert's stats and hits Mega Kangaskhan and Ferrothorn for 100 Base Power, which is still sizable damage (but not enough to OHKO). Wide Guard can be used for support. Facade is a possibility just in case Mega Swampert gets poisoned or burned. A non-Mega support set with Wide Guard also has a small niche as a bulky Water-type.

Checks and Counters
=================

**Typing Advantage**: Typical rain checks and counters tend to handle Mega Swampert easily. Swampert has trouble dealing with bulky Water-types, especially Rotom-W, which it cannot hit neutrally besides with Superpower. Other Pokemon such as Suicune and Jellicent can sponge Earthquakes fairly easily and burn Swampert with Scald. Ludicolo in particular is a huge threat, as it can shrug off any of Swampert's attacks in the rain and OHKO with Giga Drain. Gyarados is only hit neutrally by the weaker Ice Punch and even has Intimidate to weaken Swampert. Some bulkier Grass-types, such as Amoonguss and Ferrothorn, can give Swampert trouble as well, shrugging off an Ice Punch and OHKOing with a STAB Grass-type attack. Amoonguss can also redirect and absorb Swampert's Water-type attacks, making it difficult for Swampert to exert its full offensive force. Mega Venusaur is even bulkier than Amoonguss and can KO with Giga Drain, recovering all health lost.

**Intimidate and Burns**: Intimidate hinders Mega Swampert. The most common Intimidate Pokemon in the metagame, Landorus-T, cannot safely switch into Swampert for fear of super effective Waterfall, but other Pokemon such as Hitmontop and Scrafty can switch in fairly safely to lower Swampert's Attack stat. Hitmontop can also use Wide Guard to block Swampert's Earthquakes, allowing more foes to wall it. Gyarados doesn't have much to fear and can gradually wear Swampert down with continuous uses of Waterfall. Burns hurt as well and can come from users such as Jellicent and Gourgeist-S. Rotom-W solidly counters Swampert with its typing, ability, and access to the crippling Will-O-Wisp. Swampert most fears burns from Scald and from priority users such as Sableye, which quickly nullify its power before it can react.

**Opposing Weather**: Swampert is very reliant on its weather, so naturally anything that can remove rain is a threat to Swampert. Sun teams are very threatening to Mega Swampert, especially if Politoed is not in the sidelines to be able to reset the weather condition, so sun sweepers such as Mega Charizard Y and Venusaur can easily remove Swampert with a super effective Grass-type attack. Sand is also fairly threatening, though not as much as sun because Swampert still retains a typing advantage against popular sand sweepers such as Excadrill, and the tier's main sand inducer, Tyranitar, fares horribly against Swampert 1v1. That said, the removal of Swampert's massive Speed boost still cripples it, making it easier for foes to take down. Abomasnow is also very troublesome, easily tanking all of Swampert's moves, removing its rain, and OHKOing with Giga Drain.

**Speed Control**: Although Swampert is immune to Thunder Wave, other speed control techniques can still be used to cripple Swampert and make it easier to take down. Icy Wind hinders it by slowing it down so some of the faster Pokemon such as Shaymin-S and Mega Sceptile can outspeed it and take it down. Tailwind from Pokemon such as Suicune can be used to level the playing field and boost partners up past Swampert's Speed for a few turns. Trick Room can be used to give slower Pokemon an advantage, and it works especially well because Swampert is so fast in rain. Most Trick Room setters are also considerably naturally bulky, and common Trick Room support Pokemon such as Amoonguss can be used to KO Swampert quickly. Jellicent deserves an honorable mention, as it can burn Swampert and only takes significant damage from the spread-reduced Earthquake, and Gourgeist-S can tank Ice Punch to 2HKO with Seed Bomb.

Last edited:

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Replace 76 speed with 88, as that also outruns Mega Gengar.

And the fast spread should be bumped from 140 speed to 152, which would also outrun max+ mega sceptile, who can be troublesome for some rain teams.

Aqua Tail's power boost can be nice and turn a few Sitrus 3HKOs into Sitrus 2HKOs, etc
-1 252+ Atk Mega Swampert Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 60 Def Hitmontop in Rain: 157-186 (51.6 - 61.1%)
-1 252+ Atk Mega Swampert Aqua Tail vs. 252 HP / 60 Def Hitmontop in Rain: 177-208 (58.2 - 68.4%)

252+ Atk Mega Swampert Waterfall vs. 248 HP / 192 Def Togekiss in Rain: 207-244 (55.4 - 65.4%)
252+ Atk Mega Swampert Aqua Tail vs. 248 HP / 192 Def Togekiss in Rain: 232-274 (62.1 - 73.4%)

Be sure to note that 2x effective Ice Punch is actually weaker than neutral Waterfall (or Aqua Tail) in Rain. It's for Grass Types and Dragons only, not Flyings (Remove that from the list of typings). Waterfall in Rain hits Landorus-T harder than Ice Punch too, for the same reason.

Other than that, yeah this is the set Swampert runs lol. I guess make an OO mention of Rock Slide for lol fast flinches and Facade for Rotom-W burns hue.

BLOOD TOTEM

braine damaged
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
When you get to Other Options, I think it's worth mentioning that Mega Swampert can actually function kinda well on a Trick Room team without rain thanks to speed tier, typing and good attack stat.

I'd slash Double Edge on the main set with Ice Punch for Rotom-W. Not sure if your EV Spread beats Scarf Jolly Lando-T but it needs to because Lando-T usually massacres the mons that support rain eg: talon/togekiss, u-turning into something like cress after intimidate quickly weakens pert too in Doubles.

All 3 of the mons you mention for flying-types are additionally good teammates because Talon helps vs Sun, Shaymin-S beats Washer, and Togekiss provides Follow Me (usually with safety goggles) to beat grass-types easily, which I think you should add :3

Bughouse

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
To outrun Jolly Scarf Landoge, you need 224 which just isn't worth it. Swampert tanks any hit and OHKOs back, even at -1.
-1 252+ Atk Mega Swampert Waterfall vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T in Rain: 350-414 (109.3 - 129.3%)

Yeah, Landoge can U-turn around, but that's doing a lot less than Swampert deals to most anything else, and also it has to be Jolly, which is much less common than Adamant.

I guess to outrun the standard Adamant Scarf 212 set, you could bump the set's speed to 112 speed investment, Electrolyte. Personally I don't think it's necessary, but I'm not sure if there's a particular bulk cutoff that matters. Would like thoughts from other QC on this.

Double Edge is not worth a slash with Ice Punch. You trade Rotom-W for Amoonguss, Latios, Latias, Salamence, Shaymin-S, Breloom, Garchomp, Hydreigon, Venusaur, Sceptile, and I'm sure quite a few other mons I forgot. It's OO material to include after Facade, if at all. Facade is better vs Rotom-W to remain useful after getting burned, since it ignores burns and becomes 140 BP.

Yeah include the comments about the flying types. Kiss also obviously can Air Slash grass types, and Talonflame also helps against Ludicolo Rain too. All three of those mons are great teammates.

Once you've added OO and Checks and Counters, I'll come back and probably give you first approval.

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This skeleton is finished and ready for QC!

I added all of the specific mentions about the Flying-types.

I added srk's 112 Spe into Set Details, and would like some more QC input as to which spread exactly is best. Personally I think 88 Spe is enough; Landorus-T's heaviest damage is already inflicted once it switches in so there isn't too much of an urgency to kill it, and smart players will switch it out manually to keep it alive and renew its Intimidate anyway.

I added Swampert in TR, though I'd like some QC input on this as well because it doesn't seem like Swampert has anything particularly special that makes it a solid TR option, at least not over something like Mega Camerupt. After all, Swampert makes TR even weaker to Amoonguss, and doesn't complement most other TR sweepers particularly well. I mentioned it but only briefly.

Should be good otherwise

Bughouse

"Ludicolo in particular is a huge threat as it can outspeed Swampert in the rain and OHKO with Giga Drain."
They're both base 70. The problem is more that Swampert can hardly dent Ludi and Ludi will demolish Swampert. The speed is mostly irrelevant.

Other than that, I'm happy with what's on this.

1/3

BLOOD TOTEM

braine damaged
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Overview
  • You list a bunch of mons that beat it, change this to something like "doesn't beat traditional rain counters"
Usage Tips
  • Talk about using Protect to go mega safely and get the Swift Swim boost
Team Options
  • Under Flying-types -> Skymin also clatters Rotom-W
  • "many of them are naturally immune to Ground and do not limit Swampert's ability to use EQ. Latios, Kyurem-B, etc" reads as if you're suggesting Kyurem-B is immune to Ground. Word it differently or replace cube with Salamence.
Other Options
  • Drop Focus Punch
  • Wide Guard o,o
Checks and Counters
  • Maybe add TR

Overview:
  • Only swift swimmer that doesnt fear talonflame.
Moves:
  • Superpower also hits Ferrothorn
Checks & Counters
  • Abomasnow
  • Wide Guard
  • fyi it's just typing advantages now and attack conrol is now intimidate and burns

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
Everything done

Not sure how I should organize Checks and Counters. I kind of just slapped Wide Guard mention with Intimidate since Hitmontop is the only common Wide Guard user that does beat Swampert (Aegislash is more of an ehhh perhaps you can draw attacks for KS but... that's not really a reliable strategy) I put TR mention with Grass-types and Amoonguss since Swampert certainly has the bulk to be threatening even if its Speed is decreased.

I guess I could make "misc" for Wide Guard and "Trick Room" for Trick Room but is that really necessary? I mean alone they aren't really enough either way so I don't think I need to do that...

Bughouse

Yeah Wide Guard would go under Misc, but like you said I'm not really sure it's worth it. Nothing except for like Water Absorb Mantine wants to be Wide Guarding against Mega Swampert. Hitmontop can, but it's kinda the only thing in standard Dubs that would. Just keep that under Intimidate.

Add Rotom-W in the intimidate and burns section. It's redundant, but I don't care. Rotom-W is the best counter to Swampert around.

Trick Room (and Tailwind) go in **Speed Contol** which I forgot to mention you should also add to Checks and Counters.Icy Wind can matter too, tho less than the TR and TW. Specifically mention Suicune for TW and Jellicent for TR.

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Overview
-can't boost stats easily. It's more like it doesn't have any good moves with which to boost its stats (it can Curse and Power-Up Punch if it really wants to...)

Set Details
[quoe]112 Spe beats the most common 212 Spe Choice Scarf Landorus-T set
152 Spe is p much as far as anyone needs to go, outspeeding 252+ Mega Sceptile, max speed Adamant Lando-T and everything slower.[/quote]
Many Lando-T run max Speed, and it's that it is worth mentioning

252+ Atk Swampert Superpower vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Kangaskhan: 320-378 (90.9 - 107.3%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO. Worth mentioning that it can potentially OHKO Mega Kang

Usage tips
  • Early on, it is encouraged to use Protect to give Swamp a free turn to mega evolve and net the Speed boost. While playing, generally avoid trying to confront healthy physical tanks unless you can hit them super effectively. If there are priority users in the opposing team, try to keep Swampert healthy for end-game.
  • Later on, a more reckless playstyle will allow Mega Swampert to deal as much damage as possible so that a partner can come in and clean up. If kept healthy, Mega Swampert can deal a lot of damage at this stage as it is very hard to OHKO without the use of Grass-type attacks.
  • Avoid Grass-types unless you have a partner that can remove them or they are within KO range of Ice Punch (I've KOed my fair share of Amoonguss with Ice Punch)
Team Options
  • Mention examples of Grass-types. I like Ferrothorn as it also freely switches into Grass-types and doesn't care about Amoonguss or Venusaur

OO-Low Kick as alternative over Superpower. Doesn't lower your stats; hits Mega Kang and Ferrothorn for 100 base power which is less but still high. Cannot OHKO Mega Kang

-Remove min Speed with Trick Room. There are better choices for a Mega to use in Trick Room
-Mention non-Mega set. It's useable because of Wide Guard coupled with good defensive typing, but it's not good enough to warrant its own set in the analysis

Checks and Counters
-You can hit Rotom-W neutrally with Superpower
-Gyarados is a particularly effective Water-type too, resisting Swampert's STABs and having Intimidate
-Mega Ven works really well too, better than Amoonguss
Though not necessarily by typing advantage, many Trick Room Pokemon also have the natural bulk to sponge Swampert's hits and often come with bulky, slow Grass-types that can hit Swampert super effectively, and are therefore threats to it as well.
This made me scratch my head. They're threats because they're paired with Pokemon that threaten Swampert? Even if they have the bulk to sponge Swampert's hits, if they don't have Grass-attacks themselves, Swampert has the bulk to take their hits too and most likely dish out more damage itself. I would remove this line

-Gyarados does not fear Ice Punch. It does not even 4HKO after Intimidate
-1 252+ Atk Swampert Ice Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Gyarados: 67-79 (20.1 - 23.7%)
-I agree that burns hurt, but I don't know why you mention Fire-types; they're not the main users of burn. You could mention Gourgiest-S, and Jellicent again. When mentioning it in TR, just mention Jellicent more briefly again.

-Should mention that Tyranitar, whilst it removes rain, fairs horribly 1v1 against Swampert

Trick Room can be used to give slower Pokemon an advantage, and works especially well because Swampert is so fast in rain
Minor point

Also mention Gourgiest-Super again. Can tank Ice Punches and everything else is far easier. 2HKOes with Seed Bomb

After all this, it should be good for another QC check

Stratos

Banned deucer.
  • The stats - considerably bulkier than even things like Kang. Easily shrugs off even boosted non super effective attacks with minimal investment
14:06 TIBot: Mega Swampert - Water/Ground | Swift Swim | 100/150/110/95/110/70 | 635 BST | UU | Low Kick/Grass Knot: 100 BP (102 kg)
14:06 TIBot: Mega Kangaskhan - Normal | Parental Bond | 105/125/100/60/100/100 | 590 BST | Uber | Low Kick/Grass Knot: 100 BP (100 kg)
CONSIDERABLE

too lazy to check the rest of your analysis right now, i just saw this one line and kekd

Last edited:

BLOOD TOTEM

braine damaged
Overview
  • The typing- anti Electric and anti Landorus-T physical attacker with easily covered weakness. Also grants it resistance / neutrality against most popular forms of priority, something other Swift Swim sweepers don't have <- kingdra has this (except for sylveon quick attack el mayo) change it to ludicolo or mention that it has the bulk to make use of not taking super effective hits

didnt spot anythin else rly, well written if a bit too in depth at times. 2/3

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I would make Damp the main ability, not Torrent. Briefly mention why it's the ability of choice, you're more likely to stop an uncommon Explosion such as from Lando-T than to find yourself in a situation where it's advantageous not to Mega Evolve.

For Team Options
using Ice Punch for coverage
Add Superpower here too

With Politoed, can also mention Helping Hand boost to support Swampert's already high Attack.

This is well-written

QC 3/3

Electrolyte

I should have not kept this waiting for so long

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Set Details
========

Swampert's EVs are quite easily tweaked based on what you need Swampert to outrun. 88 Spe outpaces 252+ Mega Gengar (base 130) and everything slower, and is the standard spread. 112 Spe beats the most common 212 Spe Choice Scarf Landorus-T set. 152 Spe is pretty much as far as anyone needs to go, outspeeding 252+ Mega Sceptile, max Speed Choice Scarf Landorus-T, and everything slower. After that, Attack is maxed out for as much power as possible, and the rest of the EVs are put into bulk. Mega Swampert can survive pretty much any non-super effective attack as long as it's not boosted past +1. Swampert's initial ability should be Damp so that it can prevent Landorus-T from using Explosion before it Mega Evolves.
Even with a full 3 QC stuff managed to be missed. Top kek. Anyways 212spe isn't the "common" set and it's mostly a pointless benchmark in the first place so I'd drop the mention.

152speed fails to outspeed max speed choice scarf lando-t, you'll need 224speed to outspeed that benchmark.

If anything I'd go for w/e is needed to outspeed 252spe lando-t scarf since the loss in bulk is negligible and is compromised by the fact that it'll take a hit.
Other Options
########A non-mega support set with Wide Guard also has a small niche as a bulky Water-type.
Non mega swampert is awful, I'd outright just drop the mention, there are better bulky waters in terms of overall utility.

Darkmalice

Level 3
Even with a full 3 QC stuff managed to be missed. Top kek. Anyways 212spe isn't the "common" set and it's mostly a pointless benchmark in the first place so I'd drop the mention.

152speed fails to outspeed max speed choice scarf lando-t, you'll need 224speed to outspeed that benchmark.

If anything I'd go for w/e is needed to outspeed 252spe lando-t scarf since the loss in bulk is negligible and is compromised by the fact that it'll take a hit.

Non mega swampert is awful, I'd outright just drop the mention, there are better bulky waters in terms of overall utility.
I would change the 112 Speed to 140 Speed to outrun Adamant Landorus-Therian.
212 Speed Lando-T does exist, but we're getting into speed creep territory, and you'd better off just being certain you can outrun all Adamant Landorus-T. Specifically Adamant, as Jolly requires 224 Speed, but it's not worth that much Speed for it. Haruno, 212 Speed Lando-T is more common than Jolly Lando-T.

Do not drop the mention of non-Mega Swampert.

And Haruno, thank you for your input, but please drop the snide remarks. Your input is welcome, but not your insults.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I would change the 112 Speed to 140 Speed to outrun Adamant Landorus-Therian.
212 Speed Lando-T does exist, but we're getting into speed creep territory, and you'd better off just being certain you can outrun all Adamant Landorus-T. Specifically Adamant, as Jolly requires 224 Speed, but it's not worth that much Speed for it. Haruno, 212 Speed Lando-T is more common than Jolly Lando-T.

Do not drop the mention of non-Mega Swampert.

And Haruno, thank you for your input, but please drop the snide remarks. Your input is welcome, but not your insults.
You were already heading into the speed creep territory by going for 212 speed lando-t so it's better to just go for the safest benchmark which is just outspeeding 252spe lando-t.

I brought up the mention of max speed lando-t because OP listed 152speed as outspeeding it which is blatantly false and should not be part of an analysis.

Mind showing normal swampert having any usage? it's hard for me to see how it actually helps a team due to a combination of weak + slow and there are better things that can utilize wide guard in terms of resistances/offensive presence. You'll be hard pressed to find any proper use for it which is why I feel the mention is unnecessary.

My b about snide remarks

Darkmalice

Level 3
Your first line is repeating what I said. I agree with you.

The OP said 152 Spe outruns Mega Sceptile and Lando-T. If there was Adamant in front of Lando-T, it would be 100% correct. At the time this analysis started, Jolly Lando-T wasn't a thing, and it still isn't much of a thing, but as it is sometimes used, we will add Adamant there to clear any confusion.

About 32% of Swampert on the ladder in the 1825 rankings were not Mega - I know ladder is a bad example of viability but it shows it exists. I know it's been use in a tourney match or two too. It has a special Wide Guard set that has seen some use in Doubles, the one you've shitted on in the Doubles forum. It has use as a Wide Guard user that can both dent Lando-T and tank an EQ should it wish. Swampert also fairs well against other common spread users like Heatran and Mega Diancie. It's typing and less weaknesses (meaning it can more easily tank a hit and retaliate back - Aegislash can get the WP boost but it must be healthy to survive). I am not saying it deserves an analysis, as it does has its flaws (slow and weak when not hitting super-effectively, as you said). That's why it's OO; even though most teams shouldn't have it and are better with other stuff, it can work.

Bughouse

Electrolyte

Hey I made a few simple changes myself. This technically has gotten 3 checks but before you push it to GP I want you to go back through and be a little less rosy about Mega Pert. Stress the "doesn't help a ton with rain checks" part and how Ludicolo is overall the best Swift Swimmer. In fact, you can use them together with toed to do more of an onslaught teamstyle (this is how I've seen swampert best used)

Also lol you put "Protect protects" at one point.
You write good... fix it

When you've made some edits to tone (and a little bit of content) tag me and I'll review it again to make sure it's all GP ready.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)