Game of Thrones [thronies rejoice! XD]

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'd like to point out that we didn't actually see the Hound die, Arya only left him begging for death without a weapon to kill himself with. For all we know, he could be found by someone and nursed back to health.

Then again, we also never saw Serio die, and I've pretended ever since that he was still alive because he was so cool B-D

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
yeah who cares if there was a fight to 'kill' the hound rather than him succumbing to wounds or whatever. id rather watch a fight than someone slowly die, especially a character as cool as the hound.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ugh I can't believe I have to wait a whole year for the next Season. What am I even going to do with myself!?!

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Cobraroll Danmire Layell @Others

Just having a thought here but I think it would be best for those of us who've read the books to not post any book spoilers about events that haven't happened yet in this thread for the benefit of the other posters. Obviously spoilery things that are topical are fine but I think I'm not alone in that the reactions in this thread are half the reason we come here and we wouldn't want to spoil anyone else's genuine surprise. As far as spoiler related discussion goes there's probably better places (i.e. reddit) for that sort of topic than this thread where only a few people are even qualified to know what we're referring to.

Just my 2 cents

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
Should there be a separate thread for the books themselves? I mean, there can be discussions for the prequels as well.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
I think if we just automatically put book stuff in Spoiler tags by default it'll solve that problem and eliminate the need for a separate thread.

Discussion will only be about episodes that have aired to the public, but I'm pretty sure everyone knows that already. Also, the first 6 have leaked last I heard. 5 and 6 are on private torrent sites.

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
yeah its the first six and oml im binge watching atm jesus this show is so good

ps the show has pretty much gone in a different direction from the books at this point. i mean it became pretty obvious that it was going to happen at the end of s4 but still. thank fuck for that too because otherwise we'd have to wait 12 years between each season :') i just hope they don't fuck it up tbh.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i just hope they don't fuck it up tbh.
too late

(keeping book spoilers light but...)

I could go for a while here but the whole Sansa/Winterfell/Mance plot is completely off the rails, so who knows how they are going to resolve it. I doubt they can have Sansa pull this plot for long. Get back to where you were in the books.

Jon has been, well okay, his mercy kill of Mance was rather odd for him, disrespecting Stannis the Mannis and all. His election was rushed, and his beheading of Janos was great. Too bad they didn't try to hang him first, because Jon deciding to do the deed like his father would was just fantastic.

Hey Ellaria I thought you didn't want more fighting, way to completely change that, now she wants to get revenge with the Sand Snakes, way to kill a POV character.

Cersei's flashback was done well, except for the valonqar part of the prophecy which was COMPLETELY missed. Does anyone who only watched the show even get why she is remembering this prophecy? Why does it matter now? Joffrey was already dead and another younger more beautiful queen has already been well on the way to taking over. They have toned down Cersei's crazy for real, I bet we won't even get the scene where she gets fired up.

Arya well.. I don't care it's been good so far. I don't mind handsome guys face is back, fans got what they wanted.

Brienne, what are you doing? Why are you going to Winterfell? Why are you an idiot in the wrong ways? You didn't know Renly was gay, but you should have told Sansa her sister is still alive. That might have helped for something! Everything so far has been a mess with you.

Oh by the way, about the whole gay thing. Apparently it was a secret to nobody, everyone knew that Loras and Renly were gay, it's not like it was just hinted at in the books. It's such an open secret what is going on here???

Man I really wanted Jorah to be getting it on with the Dany lookalike, and now she is a direct and intentional Dany expy too oh boy.

Also Tyrion, oh good old Tyrion. Drunk and bumbling through the journey sort of like how the show is treating your plot adaptation. I just hope for the shows sake that none of those characters he is supposed to meet end up having any important points later in the books, although chances are the Griffs are important but the books are skipping all of that entirely.

At least we got two mentions of Rhaegar, and in some very interesting contexts. Glad to hear about the tourney at Harranhall, and the moment where "all the smiles died" (see take the good books lines more often). Different opinions on a dead character is rather fun, and in very much spirit of the books.

I would also like to echo requests on eps 5-6

Last edited:

Knight of Cydonia

I COULD BE BANNED!
watched the first two and thought they were alright, seems they are just running on auto pilot now to be honest. "tits - check, violence - check, moody stares -check". plus a lot of the characters i was attached to have obviously died and the replacements i just don't feel bothered about. Who knows maybe i'm just desensitized and the usual set pieces have lost their value

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)