2014/15 Association Football (Soccer) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think tml was assuming Arsenal will get 2nd.

Liverpool have been relatively unlucky with injuries I guess, especially with strikers, but you could counter and say isn't that what Lambert was bought for - why buy him and don't play him at all? Liverpool pretty much paid £4m and 40k a week to let a fan train with his idols lol!

Tottenham just don't have the quality. They planned badly after the Bale sale and this summer is really make or break if Lloris, Vertonghen, Eriksen and all the rest of them suddenly decide to jump ship...

so United beat Liverpool Spuds and City and still we have a bad run in?
we had the hard games, Chelsea will bring their bus, as Jose will happily take a point,and Arsenal are beatable only lost in the cub game because Tony V was a melon

Arsenal looking good on that 8 win streak, Ramsey scoring the game winner the other day was also a nice touch. Glad to see Ramsey being in good form.

Pretty sure Chelsea's got this season locked up, but we still got somewhat of a chance, who knows.

So, Liverpool beat Newcastle today. As a Newcastle fan, I just can't say anything else than that we deserved the loss. We are playing really poorly at the moment, and when the players don't even give their best in Tyne-Wear, I don't really see us winning any games for the rest of the season. Sacking Pardew didn't really make the situation better either.

Smh. Ppl still thinking anyone but Chelsea are winning the title. Pathetic and naive.

Who fucking cares if it's still mathematically possible. It's really not. Battle for 2-4. Game on.

I'm not sure why people think the title race is relevant anymore. Man City dropped the ball literally for the past 6 matches, ManU went from Moyes.2 to meh to rlly?, Arsenal is doing slightly than average, everyone is going to be in the champions league and are very content.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
So, Liverpool beat Newcastle today. As a Newcastle fan, I just can't say anything else than that we deserved the loss. We are playing really poorly at the moment, and when the players don't even give their best in Tyne-Wear, I don't really see us winning any games for the rest of the season. Sacking Pardew didn't really make the situation better either.
We never sacked Pardew; he walked away.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Apparently, Klopp will be leaving Dortmund at the end of the season. He made them a formidable force in Europe, I'm sure he'll always hold a special place in their hearts. I have no idea about what happened this season though. Wonder where he'll go next.

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Will most likely be a Premier League Club. I can't imagine a team in Germany that he would want to manage. Probably City unless they are stupid enough to think they could get Pep in 2016.

Also Thomas Tuchel will most likely be the next BVB coach.

Will most likely be a Premier League Club. I can't imagine a team in Germany that he would want to manage. Probably City unless they are stupid enough to think they could get Pep in 2016.

Also Thomas Tuchel will most likely be the next BVB coach.
He won't be going to United, Arsenal, or Chelsea. Those three clubs have already committed to their current managers

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I know, that's also a reason, why I mentioned City.
He's playstyle just suits England the most and doesn't really fit to Spain (even though that could be interesting).
Maybe the Italians could be an option. Milan/Inter could both use a new manager lol

I know, that's also a reason, why I mentioned City.
He's playstyle just suits England the most and doesn't really fit to Spain (even though that could be interesting).
Maybe the Italians could be an option. Milan/Inter could both use a new manager lol
Inter have mancini already but AC Milan could offer a bid to get themselves back to a european power. City and probably tottenham will throw their hats into the ring but I think Liverpool have put their faith in Brendon Rodgers for a couple of years. If Real Madrid don't win anything this year, Ancelotti could be out and that would be a place Klopp could definitely end up. And PSG is always an option if they lose the league or don't do well enough in Champions League. The owners want to win the title and maybe changing managers for Klopp might work. The reason I am hesitant to say guaranteed to go to City is there is still a chance they keep Pelligrini or they might go and get Simeone from Atletico

Porto 2-0 up against bayern inside 10 minutes! Amazing.

And now barca score against psg. Barcelona have been playing fantastic in 2015, favourites to win cl now IMO

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
Inter have mancini already but AC Milan could offer a bid to get themselves back to a european power. City and probably tottenham will throw their hats into the ring but I think Liverpool have put their faith in Brendon Rodgers for a couple of years. If Real Madrid don't win anything this year, Ancelotti could be out and that would be a place Klopp could definitely end up. And PSG is always an option if they lose the league or don't do well enough in Champions League. The owners want to win the title and maybe changing managers for Klopp might work. The reason I am hesitant to say guaranteed to go to City is there is still a chance they keep Pelligrini or they might go and get Simeone from Atletico
I agree on that. Klopp in Madrid would be fun. I'd love to see him trying to convince Cristiano in participating in his pressing lel

Carballo proving again why he is a shite referee. We slept a bit in the beginning, but if we keep on playing like we did in the end of the second half, we can still get a good result. I'd even take the 2-1 we have right now.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
I was so sure that Bayern would win/draw tonight and win again in Munich but I don't know what'll happen now lol Aren't Porto playing with five at the back!?

I was so sure that Bayern would win/draw tonight and win again in Munich but I don't know what'll happen now lol Aren't Porto playing with five at the back!?
Dont get too worried, bayern are playing without alaba, martinez, schweinsteiger, robben, ribery and a few others. Porto havent been known as a defensive team since some dude named mourinho was in charge. Barca have all but secured a place in the semi's

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
More like pressing high up the pitch, which was to be expected.

That we have to sub in a CB when we are 1-3 down pretty much shows, that almost the whole squad is injured at the moment. I hope that Ribéry and Schweinsteiger can play in the second leg, anyone else should still be out.

And still having Toni Kroos instead of Alonso would have been so good :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)