Pokémon Rumble World

To further test the power levels of the hard mode challenges I had trouble beating the diance mission with my groudon with precipice blades and dragon claw...with 1,060 power. I nearly lost as the pokemon were THAT strong. Also thanks to my groudon I now have lost all my money on move tutor uses. :D

To further test the power levels of the hard mode challenges I had trouble beating the diance mission with my groudon with precipice blades and dragon claw...with 1,060 power. I nearly lost as the pokemon were THAT strong. Also thanks to my groudon I now have lost all my money on move tutor uses. :D
Wait, you had trouble because of damage to yourself, or because Diancie was getting hit harder? Because I beat that Hard Mode mission without a particularly notable amount of trouble with Pokemon in their 800's.

Wait, you had trouble because of damage to yourself, or because Diancie was getting hit harder? Because I beat that Hard Mode mission without a particularly notable amount of trouble with Pokemon in their 800's.
My groudon got to nearly 1/3 health in 2 attacks from absol, the daince was fine though, I think.

Edit:
Having a gutsy pokemon with magical leaf and one supporting move, ie double team (still trying to figure out exactly what that does in pokemon rumble) it is amazing for getting new pokemon/money.

I have a gutsy liligant with magical leaf and double team, it makes me a ton of money via sniping pokemon from afar and with gutsy it allows me to harvest more souls to sell for 10 p each, MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Last edited:

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
My groudon got to nearly 1/3 health in 2 attacks from absol, the daince was fine though, I think.

Edit:
Having a gutsy pokemon with magical leaf and one supporting move, ie double team (still trying to figure out exactly what that does in pokemon rumble) it is amazing for getting new pokemon/money.

I have a gutsy liligant with magical leaf and double team, it makes me a ton of money via sniping pokemon from afar and with gutsy it allows me to harvest more souls to sell for 10 p each, MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
You should try to get Quiver Dance if you have the tutor. I'm currently using Gutsy Mega Abomasnow (1812) with Frost Breath (+wobble) and Giga Drain. I've tried both Magical Leaf and Solar Beam, but Abomasnow was a little too frail due to all its weaknesses so Giga Drain was more useful for staying topped up HP-wise. I've said on IRC that Magical Leaf is one of the best moves in the game, and I stand by that. Easy access + homing + multi-hit is great.

edit: Forgot to mention that I also passed the 600+ Pokédex mark. I think I'm at 602/719 and Rank 68.

You should try to get Quiver Dance if you have the tutor. I'm currently using Gutsy Mega Abomasnow (1812) with Frost Breath (+wobble) and Giga Drain. I've tried both Magical Leaf and Solar Beam, but Abomasnow was a little too frail due to all its weaknesses so Giga Drain was more useful for staying topped up HP-wise. I've said on IRC that Magical Leaf is one of the best moves in the game, and I stand by that. Easy access + homing + multi-hit is great.

edit: Forgot to mention that I also passed the 600+ Pokédex mark. I think I'm at 602/719 and Rank 68.
I'm currently limited to everything below B/W and the Diamond balloon, I only have up to the pearl balloon and I'm so screwed until I get enough street passes/passerby gems, as I don't have money to spend on the game, despite me wishing I could. T_T

I don't have access to quiver dance, flame thrower, focus energy or even eruption and hydro pump, I am so damn screwed. T_T

I DO find having every balloon to be just right for playing. I play mostly on the train on weekdays as I commute to and from school. So, I might have 45 minutes every 10 hours to play. That's perfect for me. The little bit I DO play otherwise is just enough to quell my desire to play.

Also, the other day I JUST 100% completed Dewdrop Bay. Now I don't even go there unless I see a bunch of two stars there (I can always go for a better Greninja, Ampharos, or Empoleon...especially since there's one challenge that asks you to play as Greninja and my current one is high leveled but not THAT high leveled)

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Finished obtaining the move tutor shop and currently at rank 28, caught 196 Pokemon w/ 924 power Heracross as my strongest. First two legendaries I managed to get my hands on are Latias (856, Dragonbreath/Dragon Claw), and Heatran (878 Snappy, Magma Storm/Rest). So far I've spent ~$3 on this game. Got Gold/Silver/Ruby/Sapphire/Diamond/Pearl/White Balloons (and the first few Balloons). Completed all the available challenges up to my ranking (except for hard modes for the last few).
I got another 102 or so pokediamonds left and I wonder how far I can go into the game before having to spend additional cash.

Really enjoying this game btw.

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
I'm rank 20, I fully completed Leafy Expanse a few days ago, and my current strongest mons are both 756, one's a Gardevoir with Disarming Voice and Calm Mind and the second is a Lilligant with only Giga Drain.

I have all balloons through Ruby & Sapphire. Getting Silver Balloon once I have enough Pokediamonds.

So as you can see, the game is somewhat playable for free (unlike shuffle >n<)

EDIT: On another note, I REALLY hate the spinner. It literally 4 times out of 5 brings me to a place I've already completed fully, no matter what I try TAT

Last edited:

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I just have a question, when can you mega evolve your respective pokemon?
Rank 32 challenge IIRC.

I just got my first Epic. 1852 Scraggy with Speedy / Snappy+ / Gutsy++ / Lucky / Chop-Chop+ / Adept. Snappy+ makes it attack so quickly that it has no issues using Focus Punch (it doesn't ever get flinched). Currently using Knock Off as my second move to boost the P drop alongside Lucky.

Rank 32 challenge IIRC.

I just got my first Epic. 1852 Scraggy with Speedy / Snappy+ / Gutsy++ / Lucky / Chop-Chop+ / Adept. Snappy+ makes it attack so quickly that it has no issues using Focus Punch (it doesn't ever get flinched). Currently using Knock Off as my second move to boost the P drop alongside Lucky.
Ok, thanks I've always wanted to know what IIRC means.

Probably going to spend money on this game later, as I've hit a wall at ~900 power, but the game is really fun. For captures I use a Giga drain/Endeavor Sceptile, and I find myself asking one question: Do different pokemon having different stats in this game like they do in Rumble Blast? I'm talking about the attack and defense ratings (1 star, 2 star, etc)? I can't find a visible indicator but it seems so, and makes logical sense. (Also NVE moves exist but just aren't shown like SE moves are, right?)

Probably going to spend money on this game later, as I've hit a wall at ~900 power, but the game is really fun. For captures I use a Giga drain/Endeavor Sceptile, and I find myself asking one question: Do different pokemon having different stats in this game like they do in Rumble Blast? I'm talking about the attack and defense ratings (1 star, 2 star, etc)? I can't find a visible indicator but it seems so, and makes logical sense. (Also NVE moves exist but just aren't shown like SE moves are, right?)
Yes and yes, stats in this game exist for attack defense and speed and vary between 1 and 5. There doesn't appear to be a differentiation between special and physical attacks however.

Also yeah, NVE damage applies, although in this game you can still do damage to attack type immune Pokemon, with the exception of the primals who absorb water or fire.

Also one more thing, is there a gimmick to catching pokemon in this game?
Asides from sparkling pokemon being a guaranteed catch, gutsy pokemon having a higher catch rate when they defeat a pokemon (last bit unconfirmed), using spacial rend to make pokemon more wobbly (I recommend this on bosses due to their high hp), and spamming false swipe on a pokemon until it's wobbly, there is not much you can do asides from crossing your fingers and doing the hokey pokey to turn your luck around.

Last edited:
Reactions: JES
Asides from sparkling pokemon being a guarnteed catch, gutsy pokemon having a higher catch rate when they defeat a pokemon (last bit unconfirmed), using spacial rend to make pokemon more wobbly (I reccomend this on bosses due to their high hp), and spamming false swipe on a pokemon until it's wobbly, there is not much you can do asides from crossing your fingers and doing the hokey pokey to turn your luck around.
what do you mean when you say "wobbly"?

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
"Wobbly" is when the Pokemon starts wobbling in its place with stars coming out of its head. During that time, the Pokemon is unable to act, and if you knock it out in that time period, you will be guaranteed a capture. It is caused by scoring a critical hit.

My main wobbler at this point are Focus Energy/Shadow Claw Gutsy 818 Nidorina. Despite most things being stronger than her power bracket, she's still keeping up (though difficult at times) and doing her job. I haven't ran into another Gutsy mon with Focus Energy + spammy/high crit move though :(.

Alright I've gotten to rank 35 and caught Kyogre and Groudon along the way. Both mons' power appear to be much higher than their group. I typically run into Pokemon with 900-1100 power and Kyogre and Groudon came out with 1269 and 1242, respectively (although my Groudon's HP is higher). Also Precipice Blades is hilariously broken ^_^. Hoping both of them can carry me through challenges to come, esp since I spent 5 Diamonds for the Red Orb. Kyogre seems a tad lackluster because Origin Pulse is a little slow, though.

"Wobbly" is when the Pokemon starts wobbling in its place with stars coming out of its head. During that time, the Pokemon is unable to act, and if you knock it out in that time period, you will be guaranteed a capture. It is caused by scoring a critical hit.

My main wobbler at this point are Focus Energy/Shadow Claw Gutsy 818 Nidorina. Despite most things being stronger than her power bracket, she's still keeping up (though difficult at times) and doing her job. I haven't ran into another Gutsy mon with Focus Energy + spammy/high crit move though :(.

Alright I've gotten to rank 35 and caught Kyogre and Groudon along the way. Both mons' power appear to be much higher than their group. I typically run into Pokemon with 900-1100 power and Kyogre and Groudon came out with 1269 and 1242, respectively (although my Groudon's HP is higher). Also Precipice Blades is hilariously broken ^_^. Hoping both of them can carry me through challenges to come, esp since I spent 5 Diamonds for the Red Orb. Kyogre seems a tad lackluster because Origin Pulse is a little slow, though.
I have pokemon that could learn focus energy if I actually had pokemon with it, any place to have a chance at getting it would be nice.

Thanks you Jibaku

I've been trying to use false swipers and I'm pretty sure it doesn't work when they're at 1 hp. Which is the same thing other people online said when I looked it up. Kind of dumb because it makes the move basically pointless. Anyways those people said in past pokemon rumble games you took a pokemon with a wobble ability and spammed endeavor after getting the other guy low because the opposing pokemon would only take 1 damage if you had higher hp.

So, thanks to Mr. Goodra for answering my question on stats and NVE. Follow-up question: Is there any way to check these stats in-game?

I might have to pay for this game as I keep running out of pokegems too quickly..how much is it for the diamond mine in US dollars with 7% sales tax? T_T

Excuse me while I flail for a bit.
I started with a gutsy liligant with magical spam leaf, encountered kyogre, saw it was sparkling (holy crap I can finally get kyogre), I switch to my palkia with thunder bolt, spam it like it's the only thing keeping me alive, I some how paralock it in a corner until it dies, it drops..and is yellow (holy crap it has a special trait)...HOLY F****** IT HAS TURBO+ *I then squeal quite loudly and jump while shouting "I GOT IT!"!!!

Note that this was my first ever legendary with any special trait, hence the flailing and jumping.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be abusing the hell out of my death orca of the apocalypse that can shoot 7 origin pulses by its own automatically.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)