BW Cup I - Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus

Fantastic logo by MiniArchitect!​

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Smogon Classic rules can be read here
  • Standard BW OU
  • Best of three, single elimination.
  • Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown!. [unless otherwise noted]
  • I like replays, you should post them!
  • Do not make baseless activity posts, get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only.

Identity

I expect many battles to be completed under alts and I expect many battles to be completed on other servers to prevent scouting. These kind of factors are pretty bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.

Scouting

Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. It is the silliest thing I have ever heard, any battler worth their marbles has more than one team. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any forceful scouting, whether it be spying on another teams irc channel or following your opponent around on PO. There is a difference between "ipl is known for using stall" and "let me follow ipl around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter.

With that said, I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. However, given the fact that this is the big stage, I am sure a lot of people want to watch, so don't be too mean.

Timer Clause

As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time. Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. If there is any suspicion that a disconnect was carried out deliberately to take advantage of this rule in any way, we reserve the right to exercise a harsh punishment.

Disconnections

If a player disconnects and either player contends that they could still win, the optimal solution is to recreate the exact situation the disconnection occurred at during the battle. If it is agreed between players that this is not feasible due to unreasonable battle length, highly improbable circumstances, or some other reason, the player who did not disconnect may choose to rematch with either the same teams or (the option to use) new teams. Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. If there is any suspicion that a disconnect was carried out deliberately to take advantage of this rule in any way, we reserve the right to exercise a harsh punishment. Do not do it.

I know that was a lot to read, but it is all necessary for me to have posted here so everyone can see it in the case of a dispute. I don't want any confusion or any problems.

Battle Clauses:
  • Evasion Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Timed Battle
  • Team Preview
  • Moody Clause
Round 2

SparksBlade vs Meru
Zeno; vs Rohail
Faded vs The Quasar
kingmidas vs Exeggutive
Tokyo Tom vs Get Backer
DestinyUnknown vs Cheek Pouch
Malekith vs M Dragon
Specterito vs CTC
MattyBrollic vs Ojama
Stone_Cold vs Stabwhisker the Odious
twash vs Tesung
Lavos Spawn vs Farmer
Alloy vs L0ST
Void vs Mazar
Mix vs Heatedline
Soulraiser vs Hec
JabbaTheGriffin vs Tom the Bomb
Alf' vs Leftiez
Vinc2612 vs Haruno
Tele vs H-C
Stathakis vs dice
McMeghan vs Jirachee
Tamahome vs Lolk
Django vs Soulgazer
Soldier vs Steve Angello
BKC vs Moonclawz
Picollo vs macle
TheKFC vs ZANBAKUResh
Nelson vs Floppy
Ee Ohgh Ah Han vs blunder
Fruitdealer vs Sweep
LegendX1 vs iZocker
Celeberty vs Smilystar
Blue Eon vs babidi1998
Dark_Psiana vs MetalGro$$
Omfuga vs Moony
Thatsjustpeachy vs Robert.
Funkasaurus vs Shogarth
The DragonKnight vs Zephiros
Laga vs sugarhigh
Reymedy vs Mael
angel0mike vs galbia
Hot N Cold vs MoxieInfinite
FAJI vs rojo23
Prankster. vs Nachos
PDC vs Joetaku
Masterclass vs Neil.
Demist vs badabing
majaspic22 vs KratosMana
Livio vs Rumor
Kiyo vs Victorious B.I.G.
Emvee vs cosmic tepig
Alastor Law vs d0nut
NotNyanta vs aim
Toxzn vs Lusso
taxi driver vs Tom0410
Fakes vs Goao
Evuelf vs AugustRadburn
SoulDragonite vs Cicada
Marshall.Law vs BLINGAS
e7e vs -Tsunami-
rural vs rob.
Hufflenuff vs Lunar.
ashiemore vs potato14798
SoulWind vs Meh
Mimolette vs The_Chaser
HBK vs Analytic
Valentine vs Xyldaz
SkillinJah vs radianthero156
scotti vs Metaphysical
Chisposo vs Rozykli
steelphoenix vs Eternal
Jaiho vs Lyconik
Real FV13 vs Fox-Air4
xtra$hine vs Chechen U Out
vakatalesau vs bugzinator
reyscarface vs Nova
CyberOdin vs Veni Vidi Vici
Lightchu vs †Blade†
Iconic vs Sam
Ezio vs Fantasy
ZoroarkForever vs Asuya
s_aman vs pokebasket
Frizy vs Disenchanted
FlamingVictini vs shartruce2
dEnIsSsS vs New Breed
ArchPhantom vs Tatsumaa
RiCH HOMiE CHRiS vs Sapientia
Key vs Lord Ninjax
Lasagne vs trc
Cronenberg vs el poeta
Azumarill vs Kevin Garrett
FLCL vs giara
TGMD vs cirlo
Smurf. vs HeiDoe
ZoroDark vs KJ Corp

DEADLINE: 2 weeks from now. April 28th, 2015, 11:59 PM Eastern.

Last edited:
Two favorites for the whole thing playing in r2 lol, love it: Malekith vs M Dragon
Another battle I'd like to see: Stathakis vs Dice

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Some games that look cool:

McMeghan vs Jirachee - best match-up, can't miss this

FLCL vs Giara - NU war
Key vs LordNinjaX - Jimmy Turtwig slayer
Iconic vs Sam - BW god Sam
Reyscarface vs Nova
Marshall.Law vs BLINGAS
Django
vs Soulgazer
Stathakis vs Dice - Not Stath's gen
Tele vs H-C - Washed up, but still better than Tele
Alf' vs Leftiez
Twash vs Tesung
Lavos Spawn
vs Farner
Thatsjustpeachy vs Robert.
Malekith vs M Dragon - Jaja war
Omfuga vs Moony - Predicting Omfuga to win never works

Oh right

Odin vs spooky Italian

Gl to everyone still in :o

Ragnarock

Banned deucer.
Nice matches here:

Tokyo Tom
vs Get Backer - the real BW player over the fake sogeking
Malekith vs M Dragon
Stathakis vs dice
McMeghan vs Jirachee
PDC vs Joetaku
reyscarface vs Nova

Also rooting for frens. n_n

Omfuga vs Moony - lol

zbr

less than 99% acc = never hit
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
may the luck of matchup and hax be in my favor for the tour ;; considering ive been haxed the living fuck out of me on the ladder this entire week ;;

contacted

K radian. Ima use some bulky sand shit some bulky rain shit and some more bulky shit. Bring hydre, zam throw in volc and jellicent mixed mence will help and ull fuck me up son. That aside gl hf my brother we'll get these games done.

Edit: I'm also going to spam a bunch of twave so use heal bell

Last edited:
Some really nice matches for R2: McM vs Jirachee, Tokyo Tom vs Get Backer, Stathakis vs Dice and M Dragon vs Malekith.

Contacted Key.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)