Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

I recommend power grinding to get Yveltal and using a team of Sableye, Zoroark, Yveltal, Haunter.

I'm almost curious enough to suggest using Gengar as the Mega. He megas faster and his self removal can help get combos and remove instances of himself frozen in the center.
I don't have mega gengar in the first place, I'm still trying to beat it in the first place.

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
Disruption Delay is highly recommended (sometimes arguably mandatory) for all Megas from Mawile to Mewtwo Y, that alone makes them much easier to deal with since Disruption Delay lasts so long. +5 Turns is always useful too, and with the lack of disruptions for awhile you might be able to afford not using Mega Start right away and save some coins. Disruption Delay itself is only 1500 coins so farming a bit on Stage 37 (Meowth) can get you those coins if necessary without too much struggle, especially if you can get the 330 coins each time.

As for Mega Aerodactyl you can reasonably finish it with no items thanks to breakable blocks being way less obnoxious disruptions than freezing things constantly. Blastoise and Milotic are very useful here for Stabilize+ and Kyogre's Rock Break also comes in handy here, so any of those are useful. Mega Lucario is also fantastic here, though Mega Blastoise works here too if you don't have Lucario. If neither are options then I guess there's always Mawile, which is a lot better than nothing. Mega Aerodactyl is no pushover but I'd say it's definitely a generous step down from the mess that Mega Glalie/Gengar/Mewtwo Y are.

I don't have mega gengar in the first place, I'm still trying to beat it in the first place.
I'm pretty sure I waited until I earned enough coins to select all the options to curbstomp him, which probably what I'm going to have to do with Mega Aerodactyl as well.

Blastoise and Milotic are very useful here for Stabilize+ and Kyogre's Rock Break also comes in handy here, so any of those are useful. Mega Lucario is also fantastic here, though Mega Blastoise works here too if you don't have Lucario. If neither are options then I guess there's always Mawile, which is a lot better than nothing. Mega Aerodactyl is no pushover but I'd say it's definitely a generous step down from the mess that Mega Glalie/Gengar/Mewtwo Y are.
Too bad Milotic is a PITFA to defeat, let alone catch. And not having Lucarionite I guess isn't so bad, though I wish I had it just the same.

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
I was stuck there for the longest time too. I finally broke through after saving enough coins to get mega start, 5 extra turns and disruption delay. I used Mega Mawile, Ninetails, Aurorus, and klefki (I think).
Yeah, my team is exactly the same except with Throh instead of Klefk, and at best I get M-Glalie down to about one quarter.

Medyena is a bitch to catch ... And it seems that Mega Aerodactyl loves trolling me in the last turn (no last combos :()

I will try Milotic (I need to pump it first)

Xerneas is officially my most expensive pokemon, after having it I spammed great balls at it until I had 2.6k left each with a 32% catch rate, and while home pausing does help a LOT it's still one giant pain in the ass....I started with around 14k coins, and now I hate myself, BUT NOW I HAVE FING XERNEAS!!

Caught Mewtwo yesterday...
Only to realize that beating M-Mewtwo Y didn't give me it's Mega Stone like it usually would.

The best Pokemon against Xerneas is the Home button. lol.

Caught Mewtwo yesterday...
Only to realize that beating M-Mewtwo Y didn't give me it's Mega Stone like it usually would.
It did. It's just glitched so you have to manually select Mewtwo as your Mega (the game will never offer it as an option when you shuffle through the optimised options).

The best Pokemon against Xerneas is the Home button. lol.

It did. It's just glitched so you have to manually select Mewtwo as your Mega (the game will never offer it as an option when you shuffle through the optimised options).
Oh, cool! I can hardly wait to try that out!

Edit: is the Mega bar not supposed to show? Because it hasn't. Am I supposed to defeat Mega Mewtwo twice to get the Mega Stone, because it doesn't show?

Never mind. I beat Mega Mewtwo Y, but I don't have the Mega Stone.

Last edited:
You get the Mega Stone by beating Mega Mewtwo (Y), stage 150, which was also the last stage of the game before the new downloadable content was added. However, you don't actually get to use the stone until you've caught Mewtwo (the Pokemon itself). Mewtwo is an EX-stage unlocked by S-ranking 150 stages of the Main game (stages in the 151-180 range also count towards it).

You get the Mega Stone by beating Mega Mewtwo (Y), stage 150, which was also the last stage of the game before the new downloadable content was added. However, you don't actually get to use the stone until you've caught Mewtwo (the Pokemon itself). Mewtwo is an EX-stage unlocked by S-ranking 150 stages of the Main game (stages in the 151-180 range also count towards it).
I did catch Mewtwo, and even used him. Even that didn't give me a Mega Stone. So what else do I have to do to get it?

I now have Yveltal!!! Ok I need to know if this is a good team I should power level via ampharos to beat stupid mega gengar.
Mega sablyeye, yveltal, haunter, and zoroark, I switched gengar for haunter because I know I would be dealing with slightly less disruptions that way. I am also half tempted to see what using mega stoise does, as it should remove the stupid barriers of pain.

I'm at the Timburr stage atm, and it has so much HP that I can't beat it. Not having a super effective Mega is a big deal I guess. Does anyone have tips.

I'm at the Timburr stage atm, and it has so much HP that I can't beat it. Not having a super effective Mega is a big deal I guess. Does anyone have tips.
I'd say either go back for Slowbro, or grind up some anti-Psychics for Mewtwo. Trust me, I only just beat Timburr WITH a SE Mega.

What about MegaBro ?
But fairy/flying/psychic type suck currently ... Only Xerneas is cool. I haven't caught Mewtwo

I'd say either go back for Slowbro, or grind up some anti-Psychics for Mewtwo. Trust me, I only just beat Timburr WITH a SE Mega.
What about MegaBro ?
But fairy/flying/psychic type suck currently ... Only Xerneas is cool. I haven't caught Mewtwo
Hmm, indeed. Forgot I didn't catch Mega Slowbro back then. How do I catch Mewtwo? I beat the Mega Mewtwo stage earlier, but I don't have it. Do I get it by Expert Stages?

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Anyone have any advice for Mightyena? It's the only Pokemon I don't have yet, it's absolutely kicking my ass. Most times I can't even beat it again, let alone catch it. Tips anyone?

Hmm, indeed. Forgot I didn't catch Mega Slowbro back then. How do I catch Mewtwo? I beat the Mega Mewtwo stage earlier, but I don't have it. Do I get it by Expert Stages?
Mewtwo is unlocked as an EX stage by having 150 S-Ranks (I only got it because I did some new ones. Fuck S-Ranking Glalie and M2Y)

Anyone have any advice for Mightyena? It's the only Pokemon I don't have yet, it's absolutely kicking my ass. Most times I can't even beat it again, let alone catch it. Tips anyone?
Glad I'm not the only one. I have no idea though. Mightyena is way harder than he has any right to be. Stupid dog.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)