New/Creative movesets - Little Cup edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aerow

rebel
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
MIXED OMANYTE

Omanyte @ Eviolite / Berry Juice
Ability: Shell Armor
Level: 5
EVs: 116 Atk / 36 Def / 196 SpA / 156 Spe or EVs: 116 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpA / 236 Spe
Rash Nature
- Surf
- Rock Blast
- Ice Beam / Earth Power
- Shell Smash

Ever had a problem with sweeping with Omanyte because Abra is everywhere? Well, here's the solution: MIXED OMANYTE.

116 Attack EVs allows Omanyte to OHKO Abra with two Rock Blasts, and Rash is the nature of choice since Omanyte wants to set up on physical attackers anyway. Even tho most people prefer Eviolite on Omanyte, Berry Juice can be p cool too. Whether you want Earth Power or Ice Beam depends on your team tbh. If you hate Abra, this is a much better way to deal with it than using a Pursuit trapper like Stunky, because many players will save Abra until Omanyte have set-up.

EDIT: Added an optional EV spread

Last edited:
Foongus @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 124 HP / 156 Def / 156 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Gastro Acid

Cool set I came up with today. Gastro Acid is actually a really neat move since it messes with a lot of mons that are reliant on their abilities, like mienfoo, skrelp, opposing foongus, etc. Most importantly it lets foongus sleep Vullaby, otherwise its #1 counter. It has tons of other uses too, like blocking Pawn's Defiant so you can safely defog on it. All in all a really cool option for Foongus's 4th slot.

mad0ka

華々しい
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Stunky @ Eviolite
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 12 HP / 12 Atk / 220 Def / 28 SpA / 188 SpD / 48 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Blast
- Snarl

This is a set I came up with a while ago. Snarl is actually a really cool move (if your team doesn't really need defog) that can really come in handy sometimes, in that, being a sound-based move, it can hit through opposing substitutes. This is good because Stunky's main purpose is to counter Gastly & Abra. Pursuit and Sucker Punch do that just fine, but if they have a substitute up, then it'll take two turns to take care of them, and if they have HP Ground, then you're kinda screwed. Snarl cuts mind games. Also, Stunky can often be set up bait for mons like Omanyte, so, with Snarl's side effect of lowering the enemy's spatk by 1 stage, Omanyte will be significantly less threatening.

Porygon @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 76 HP / 36 Def / 160 SpD / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Ice Beam

If you've played me recently, you've probably seen me with this set. 14 Speed but still bulky lets Porygon check VoltTurn super well and it bops everything we its three coverage moves. Also checks sun pretty well and bops Chloro mons with Ice Beam. Fun set 10/10 try it if you like winning.
The Chlorophyll users people use, Bellsprout and Oddish, are Poison-types, making the reasoning of Ice Beam kind of redundant on this set. Tri Attack definitely fills the last slot a lot better, unless you want to use Ice Beam to bop Archen, Drilbur, Fletchling, and other Flying- or Ground-types.

The Chlorophyll users people use, Bellsprout and Oddish, are Poison-types, making the reasoning of Ice Beam kind of redundant on this set. Tri Attack definitely fills the last slot a lot better, unless you want to use Ice Beam to bop Archen, Drilbur, Fletchling, and other Flying- or Ground-types.
Given that Archen, Fletchling, and Drilbur appear on a lot of Voltturn teams and the set is supposed to handle it well, I'm sure Ice Beam is the best option.

Given that Archen, Fletchling, and Drilbur appear on a lot of Voltturn teams and the set is supposed to handle it well, I'm sure Ice Beam is the best option.
Eh, it really depends on what you want to hit. I wouldnt necessarily say Ice Beam is better in every situation, but it certainly might be your best option if you want Porygon to handle VoltTurn teams the best to its ability. I mean, even in the context of Volt Turn teams, Tri Attack hits Larvesta (sorry, I am not sure what else people use on Volt Turnh eams or else I would give more examples) harder than anything else you have, and it maintains decent coverage and decent power overall for the context of other team matchups. Tri Attack vs Ice Beam for the last slot is definitely evenly split, with the best option depending on what you want your Porygon to do and/or hit. I mostly just made that post because the reasoning for usng Ice Beam (in the context) in the last slot bothered me

apt-get

it's not over 'til it's over
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
droppin some sticky web INNOVATION

Abra @ Berry Juice
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 76 HP / 156 Def / 76 SpA / 196 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Encore / Hidden Power Fighting
- Psychic

So basically, coupled with diglett this is an extremely potent sweeper. You can switch into anything that you threaten and then be able to beat Porygon ezpz. You can setup on spritzee and win the matchup with 100% health, at which point you can easily survive fletch's acrobatics at 100% (only 6.5% chance to OHKO), while 2HKOing or OHKOing everything (more powerful than LO abra at +1). Running encore allows you to beat porygon way more easily, while HP fight deals with mag / pawn / etc.

calcs:
+1 76 SpA Abra Psychic vs. 212 HP / 76 SpD Eviolite Spritzee: 13-16 (48.1 - 59.2%) -- 85.9% chance to 2HKO
12 SpA Spritzee Moonblast vs. +1 76 HP / 0 SpD Abra: 7-10 (35 - 50%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO (CM when it moonbasts, psychic as it moonblasts again and breaks berry juice, psychic again for the KO)

+1 76 SpA Abra Psychic vs. 236 HP / 76+ SpD Eviolite Porygon: 12-15 (46.1 - 57.6%) -- 51.2% chance to 2HKO (ez matchup)

winning vs porygon is easy. Switch into something you threaten, CM as opp switches to porygon, sub on the thunder wave, and encore it. If it tri attacks, continue subbing. If you feel the opponent is gonna tri attack anyway, just psychic for 2HKO on gamble. You have the upper hand with BJ anyway.

196+ Atk Fletchling Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 76 HP / 156+ Def Abra: 16-21 (80 - 105%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
Yep, fletchling can't revenge you after BJ.

You can even setup on things like Foongus easy.

Surskit @ Custap Berry
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 36 HP / 20 Def / 196 SpA / 20 SpD / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Scald
- Thief
- Endure

This surskit provides more support than the usual set. Basically, the thing is that you either endure vs something that normally KOes you (multi-hit which can beat sash, other normal things faster than surskit) and then set up sticky web with custap, or sticky web vs something that can't KO you and then endure to get below 25% health, at which point you can thief with custap to steal the opponent's item. It's a way to cripple the opponent while not losing much in terms of hazard setting.

Some sympathics researches, who were surprisingly effective in the battles I made. Enjoy :

SubSkrelp

Skrelp @ Eviolite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 36 HP / 116 Def / 200 SpA / 116 SpD / 40 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Sludge Wave
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Sub-Skrelp is just life, I used this thing a couple of games, and this is a useful move.
Some utilities of Sub :

-Block Ferro's twave, and wall him if no Grass STAB.
-Block Foongus's Spore once, and then hit hard.
-Sub on Spritzee (The most useful point for me).
-Just Sub on a possible switch, if you are not sure to predict.

Probably more, but there are the most important. The lack of Icy Wind/Scald/Tbolt isn't really important for the coverage most of the time.

Anti-Lead Gastly

Gastly @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 116 Def / 196 SpA / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond

no i didn't stole the set from the ADV LC i promise
Gastly is a pretty interesting anti-lead, cause Taunt + 18 Spd, who allows him to block the setting of the hazards by the current leads. Destiny Bond is classical on a lead. If you see that your opponent will bring Foo/Aipom and others things who doesn't set hazards, you can just keep him, he can sweep too with two powerful STABs and spinblock.

Sleep Talk Goldeen

Goldeen @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 236 HP / 116 Def / 116 SpD / 12 Spe
Calm Nature

- Scald
- Knock Off
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Goldeen is for me an underrated mon in LC. Goldeen is nice in Balanced/Stall due at his ability to break the Volt-Turn's momentum. His biggest weakness is a lack of a good heal move. Now it's sorted. First I wanted to play with Waterfall + Knock Off. But the coverage wasn't amazing, and if I wanted to hit hard, I was forced to run an offensive spread. That's why, I just brain (Yeah , sometimes.) and I thought "Why not a very defensive Goldeen ?". So I decided to run a defensive spread, who reach 24/21/21, who is p good. Scald for the burn, and because Lightinng Rod. Knock Off cripples switch-ins. It worked really well, I was quite shocked lmao

Mixed Archen

Archen @ Berry Juice
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 20 Atk / 244 SpA / 196 Spe
Naive Nature

- Acrobatics
- Stone Edge
- Earth Power
- Heat Wave

MIXED BASED GOD ARCHEN

I love bold + caps.
Probably the thing I liked the most play in the whole post. With the spread, he runs 17 spd, 18 atk and 17 spatk, a perfect mixed thing.
That's quite difficult to find a really good switch-in to this thing (Koffing, Porygon, Lileep, Spritzee maybe...).
BJ allows him to continue the fact of countering fletch, who is a good thing. Heat Wave explode Ferro, mostly. Earth Power is a good coverage move, Earthquake is also playable. Mixedbird's Acro+SE kick some ass. You can invest more in atk, and less in spatk, if you just want to deal with ferro. Knock Off/U-Turn and others fillers are playable on EP.

Just want to post probably the most fun set I have used for a while here to get some more love for drifloon. This thing is just in general really awkward for a lot of teams to deal with, its main purpose is to cripple switchins and stall them out with will-o-wisp and recycle. Acrobatics is there for a potential cleaning role and endure I have found useful to activate BJ and unburden which lets you pull off all kinds of shenanigans. Obviously this is by no means a top-tier set given drifloon's viability in the current metagame but it fills an interesting role of a spinblocker which applies a lot of pressure, something other blockers such as pumpkin can't do unless you are a real man and run explosion.

EVs are there to always survive Jolly max attack drilbur's rockslide and then the rest dumped into attack for a bit more cleaning ability.

Drifloon @ Berry Juice
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 116 HP / 116 Atk / 244 Def / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recycle
- Endure

Overly idealist replay showing how it can work.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-225209819

Shrug

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
LCPL Champion
BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP

ok i've played with a couple real sets, this is innovation at its finest.

first up is the real all-physical LO Tailow w/ Steel Wing:

@ Life Orb
Trait: Guts
Evs: 236 Attack / 36 Def / 236 Spe
Nature: Adamant
- Brave Bird
- Return
- Quick Attack / U-turn
- Steel Wing

This thing is one of the best parts of Birdspam, eliminating checks and plowing through threats. If you're trying to beat Chinchou or Archen, this works really well - assuming BJ sets for both, Brave Bird + Return KO's Chou and Steel Wing cleanfucks Archen. Life Orb + Guts because prediction is cool - if you get this in vs like a Pump Will-O-Wisp something will be annihilated. Max Atk and Speed, Adamant because i hate speed ties at 19 and you already beat out 17 Speed mons. Gastly is scared out anyway by most 19 speed taillow, long as you dont confirm in your nickname you're 18 Speed, Gastly will switch. Brave Bird and Return are nukes, Steel Wing beats Rock types. I prefer quick attack to assure damage on Abra, if you run U-turn prolly bring it to 19 Speed idk.

Also:

cheek will bone u L5
100%

i was trying to get mad0ka to return, apparently user Cheek Pouch is willing to show you a night of "sensuous southern loving" if you come back? idk what that means but he said it. anyway the set for that lordmon is this:

@ Choice Scarf
Trait: Analytic
Evs: 36 Def / 236 SpA / 236 Spe
Nature: Modest
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Magic Coat

Webs? Nope. Rocks? Nah. This thing is good for a surprise reversal of field conditions and really fucks with people's heads, better than Hidden Power bc you get the Defense point and you nearly never actually use HP.

Holiday

on my best behavior
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Shrug (Gothita) (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 36 Atk / 236 SpD / 236 Spe
Careful Nature
- Charm
- Trick
- Flash
- Pound

The perfect Mon to impress the ladies of LC, and Pokemon in general. Named after the lady killer of LC himself, this set will not only embarrass yourself, but others. Lum Berry is used so you're not paralyzed by any female's striking looks, frozen in fear after realizing you're a fuckboy, or burned by her harsh words. Shadow Tag prevents the target from escaping your shitty jokes and trashy communication skills. You want to be speedy enough to move from one girl to the next, but Careful so you encounter no tribulations on your quest. You're going to try and Charm your way onto her with dumb comments and telling her that you play mons... This usually won't work until you Trick her into believing you're actually relevant despite your name. Take her back wherever and flash her with the amount of badges you have (hint: zero) then Pound yourself on the head for being so dumb into thinking you could actually get a girl.

To make this not get deleted...

Pawniard @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch / Brick Break / Swords Dance / Psycho Cut

Such a shame this doesn't see more usage, as it's an amazing cleaner. Wait until all fighting types are weakened and that Mach Punch/VWave is removed and go to town. I like Sucker Punch just if I know I can kill a weakened Timburr or Gunk, plus avoid unnecessary damage. Brick Break hits other Pawns, SD makes a potent dual dance set, and Psycho Cut hits fighters slightly harder on the switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)