Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
It's insane how much love they put into making Mewtwo, I was thinking some parts might come out half-baked but Mewtwo seems like it'd always been part of the roster! The flavour work is great too--everything from its voice acting to how it's the only character that doesn't applaud when he loses, really makes it all the more fun to play as.

On that note, it seems to play similar to how it did in Melee, just...different in some small ways that somehow make it seem completely new, it's really strange. Definitely not just a Mew clone though, heh heh.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Is it just me, or is anyone else in love with Mewtwo's side b? It's so easy to pull off powerful combos with it, like side b to down smash, side b to forward smash, or my personal favorite being side b to fully charged neutral b. Free 34%? Yes please!

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Is it just me, or is anyone else in love with Mewtwo's side b? It's so easy to pull off powerful combos with it, like side b to down smash, side b to forward smash, or my personal favorite being side b to fully charged neutral b. Free 34%? Yes please!
Side B can be easily escapable by either double jumping or teching from what I've tried.

Down B, on the other hand.. it has incredibly short range and only works when the target is facing you but if you can get it around 80% or more, a charged fsmash or dsmash kills I'm sure.

Last edited:
Confusion -> whatever isn't just not a combo, I've heard that it's very nearly punishable on hit (as it was in melee).

M2 seems to me to be a lot weaker than most are saying. He has some interesting offensive options, but he's super floaty and lighter than G&W, so have fun dying to literally everything.

Yeah, as I've said before he feels very similar to Yoshi but with that enormous discrepancy in death percentages. That's not to say he doesn't have his own niche, though. That tail range is simply epic :toast:

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm shocked by how light he is, really. I was thinking he'd be at least midweight (ala robin) if not heavyweight (ala bowser jr.) this is kinda disappointing :/

I don't mind the floatiness as much.

Hey you know what sucks worse than Nintendo not releasing patch notes? Nintendo's account system.

I redeemed the mewtwo code (and the W101 code I bought w/ the rest of my club nintendo coins) on my laptop instead of the system because I wanted to try that out. I forget my nnid and put in my email to get the reminder sent. But I forgot that I used my newer email, and the account tied to my old email is the one that's permanently attached to my cousin's WiiU, 10 hours away from me. There's no way to undo redeeming the code and if you could move the account to a different system I wouldn't have two in the first place.

Anyways, I'll probably just wait for Lucas to be released to buy both because I didn't really care that much about mewtwo (unless someone for some reason wants to trade a wiiu code for my 3ds one).

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader

Well, this is a hilarious oversight, and a big one at that to not be caught by testers. Mewtwo custom moves that freeze the game, one Disable custom that slows down time, one final smash that turns you invisible after use, one final smash that does not work...

Wonder what implications this has - just a simple patch to fix this, or possible release of the customs on the 28th?

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
I'm sure this is the last thing on people's minds but...turns out Mewtwo is really good at Multi-Man Smash haha. I've been able to beat my previous top scores in most modes easily just be spamming UTilt on the upper platform: it OHKOes everything and the hitbox covers Mewtwo's entire body while also having little starting or ending lag, so you can rack up points quickly while taking little damage in return.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
As a nice coincidence, Mewtwo can also break your save file with Multi Man Smash.

The save file checker for online can sometimes bug out when reading single player data from Mewtwo apparently. Using Mewtwo in Single Player seems to be a coinflip to permaban you from online.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands

churine

lunatic+
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Version 1.0.7 released today, however the reasons the patch exists is because of these reasons:

Mewtwo & Multi-Man Smash glitch where it would permaban you from online play.
Sometimes when you play a Kirby character on Smash 3DS, the stage could be Battlefield. Dreamland 64 anyone?
Mewtwo had customs or something.

Things to also note:
Your replays are still watchable, so don't worry about the replays of you 2-stocking some guy on FG getting deleted.

If there are any other reasons why the patch released or some errors, well just say it.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Great news that there is already a patch out for the Mewtwo glitch... I had it (woops).

Also everyone is already pretty sure there will be a new Kirby stage in the future because of that bug.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)