Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Just played a match in RU tier (sorry, don't have replay) and my Unburden Hitmonlee got outspeed by a Scarfed Emboar. My Hitmonlee is 273 speed (546 with Unburden) and the max a Jolly Emboar can reach with Choice Scarf is 376.
Both pokémon were +0 in speed and Trick Room was not active.
Did you switch out after Unburden activated? Switching out deactivates unburden. Did you use a move with negative priority? If no, do you have a replay that you can show?

every resource I've checked has stated you CAN baton pass the effect of Power Trick, and its recipient will receive the effect.

however, when I attempted to baton pass the effect to Mega-Aggron, the calculations just didnt uphold that.
here is the replay reenactment, calcs below.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-225614028

Calculation with 140 base attack:

here is the calculation without the Power Trick boost vs Magnezone:
0 Atk Mega Aggron Fire Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Magnezone: 128-152 (45.5 - 54%)
notice, this is the range of damage I did

Calculation with 230 base attack:
Here it is with the boost without evs (in case the swap is not affected by evs):
0 Atk Mega Aggron Fire Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Magnezone: 202-238 (71.8 - 84.6%)
And finally if it passes the final stat (evs and all):
252 Atk Mega Aggron Fire Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Magnezone: 226-266 (80.4 - 94.6%)

note: the first calculation is with 140 base attack and the second is with 230 due to Power Trick.

in this replay, you can see Power Trick does work before it is Baton Passed, as Gliscor's damage is greatly increased:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-225360026

Before the boost (due to damage I concluded he was not max def)
0 Atk Gliscor Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Sableye: 85-102 (27.9 - 33.5%)

After power trick (I ran 112 impish defense which is why those evs are used):
112+ Atk Gliscor Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Sableye: 130-154 (42.7 - 50.6%)

note: the first calculation is with 95 base attack and the second is with 125 due to Power Trick.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
every resource I've checked has stated you CAN baton pass the effect of Power Trick, and its recipient will receive the effect.

however, when I attempted to baton pass the effect to Mega-Aggron, the calculations just didnt uphold that.
Stats are recalculated whenever a Pokemon changes formes, and the effect of Power Trick is ignored for this purpose. The effect is still technically active though; if Aggron had Baton Pass you could pass the effect again to another Pokemon and its Attack and Defense would be swapped as normal. Baton Passing it to your Mega before it's Mega Evolved is not recommended though.

I would like to report a bug.

I have noticed that the freezing mechanic inside POKEMON SHOWDOWN is a little bugged. My opponent's Reshiram in a random battle (AzureXPhoenix) was frozen for 15 turns, and if memory serves, you cannot be frozen for more than 7 turns without automatically thawing. Sure, there's a 20% chance, but after 7+ turns you should be freed from it. The freeze mechanic is overpowered right now, and if used incorrectly, cna give improper rosters on the ladders for tournaments on showdown.

Admins and programmers can grab the replay of our battle if you want confirmation of this.

I would rather not see this again either used by me or against me.
i once was frozen for 24 turns, it's not a bug.

Hi.
I'm not sure if it is a problem of PS or due to something else so i post here to let you know.
Whenever i send Pumpkaboo-Super on the field the sprite isn't showed. There is a empty square as it apper when images have problen on internet.
Here a screen to let you understand

This happen each time i use Pumpkaboo. Talking to the opponent i can say they can see my pumpkaboo.
I'me not the only one foud this problem.
bye!

Uhh… If i type /nick (showdown username) on PS!, and put an extra line below it, this happens… "Your authentication token was invalid" and then pretty much right after it says this: "You can't send a message to this room without being in it." AND IF I JOIN LOBBY THIS HAPPENS WHEN I DO IT: the "your authentication token was invalid" thing still happens, but then this

*Private info removed*

OK

Huh? it's very minor, but still what happened.

xJoelituh

Banned deucer.
So, today in spanish we did a Monotype Random tour, and it seems that all was going on perfect. I had to go to dinner and when i come back, i noticed that the tour didn't move for the past 5 mins ago. All the battles were finish except one which it was in the first round.

In that battle, both players left and there wasn't timer in it. Then the battle expired out, any mod didn't see that until I come back. I tryed to dq both players but i couldn't anyway, with the /tour dq and neither with the /tour autodq. Then, when the array of users cleaned up, one of the users was dq'd but the battle still didn't finish. So we had no choice to force end all the entire tour.

To sum up:

• First Round battle that never finished because both players left and the battles expires out
  • We couldn't dq them
  • The Autodq doesn't work for them
  • Despite of dq one of them, the battle still was "In progress"
  • Only possible option: End tour

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
According to a trusted website we all know as Serebii.net, Gale Wings should only activate the first turn of Fly. The second turn it should not activate and calculate your speed in stead. This does not seem to work on the simulator.

Not sure if this has been reported before, but I felt the need to post it here.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
Whoever wrote that analysis just assumed that's how it works based on how Prankster Assist + Fly worked in Gen 5. That's not how it works at all; Fly is a Flying-type move on both turns and gets +1 priority both turns. The only reason Prankster Assist + Fly used to work like that is because Fly is not a Status move. On the other hand, Prankster Assist + Geomancy does get +1 priority both turns because Geomancy is the only two-turn Status move.

http://prntscr.com/6x8fs2 beedrill mega-evolving turned into a mega camerupt sprite. (this is only for one person i think, replay probs won't show it)

EDIT: reporting another bug so i don't clutter up the thread, but when i join lobby sometimes the new messages don't show. it's pretty common for me.

Last edited:
I joined Doubles and Help, then left them about five minutes later. However, I was apparently shown as being in the rooms while I clicked my name. I had Imanalt go into Doubles and I was on the userlist, even though I was not in the room. For reference, I was in Old Gens | Other Metas | Lobby. My name showed Doubles, Help, Old Gens, Other Metas, Lobby. I was on the Help and Doubles userlist while not in the room. Hopefully that makes sense?
You probably had another tab that you were not aware of. it's happened to me before as well.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
When I click "Import/Export" on teambuilder, Pokemon Showdown crashes. This has been occurring for weeks. I have attached the error message that appears.

Copying individual sets still works, but fixing the whole team import/export would save me time.
I think I fixed this. Is it working for you now?

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I think I fixed this. Is it working for you now?
It works now. But I can only import/export one Pokemon at a time. It used to be able to do the whole team at once - not sure if this was intentional or not.

I also got a message when starting up Showdown regarding HTTP and HTTPS, though it did work when I clicked OK. It merely made loadup a bit slower. Not sure if this is related to this issue or not. It's not significant. I've attached it.

Attachments

Alright so im on mobile, and everytime someone sends me a pm, the box pops up but the message remains unseen. So if you send me one right now. Anyone know how to help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)