The Everything NHL Thread

Rangers win the President's Trophy the year Hank misses about 30% of the year, and they did it on the Devils home ice to finish the season sweep. Oh and LA lost to Edmonton and is most likely going to miss the playoffs, and the Pens could very well miss them as well. Can the regular season be any better?

Rangers win the President's Trophy the year Hank misses about 30% of the year, and they did it on the Devils home ice to finish the season sweep. Oh and LA lost to Edmonton and is most likely going to miss the playoffs, and the Pens could very well miss them as well. Can the regular season be any better?
If the jets clinch, no it couldn't.

Was at the Toronto - Montreal game tonight. You know you've had a bad season when half the arena is wearing red. Fun game to watch, though.

Now I'm just praying they decide to trade Subban. Two penalties in overtime, trying to get cute and play forward throughout the game.... Can we just have a defenseman please?

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Was at the Toronto - Montreal game tonight. You know you've had a bad season when half the arena is wearing red. Fun game to watch, though.

Now I'm just praying they decide to trade Subban. Two penalties in overtime, trying to get cute and play forward throughout the game.... Can we just have a defenseman please?
lol comon

a few brainfarts here and there are 100% worth the fact that subban drives play positively for the majority of the rest of the season

dont let highly noticeable bad moments forego a majority of solid play driving performance over the course of the season

big sens homer here but i truly think ottawa will win 4-1 or 4-2 vs. montreal if pacioretty is out for the whole series. price will probably outplay hammond, but sens top line + ikarly have been way too good these past 2 months for me to predict against them. also i can't get out of my head the utter destruction of mtl at the hands of a terrible sens team in 2013 playoffs so that is 100% clouding my judgement (sry Jirachee ...)

goaltending has been a hugely entertaining story all season, and once again it should define the playoffs. it's funny that two of the (subjectively) worst teams in the playoffs (ottawa and minny) have the two hottest goalies in the league, while two of the (subjectively) best teams (st. louis and anaheim) have had some real goalie issues down the stretch... should be fun to watch play out

rooting for ottawa all da way, but i don't /actually/ think they'll get out of r2 unless stone and hamburglar lose their minds lol. i fully expect one of st. louis/anaheim/NYR to win, maybe TB as well. chicago is usually a safe bet to win but i don't see them solving rinne without kane in r1. blues have been my favourite team to watch the past few years so they're my #1 pick outta respect

i love NHL playoffs!!!

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
WER and I filled out a bracket that ended up with Tampa Bay beating Minnesota in the finals. Aw yeah.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
yo im here for the fuck pre-k subban circlejerk

someone on the sens needs to bury him into the ice imo, preferably sooner rather than later

I'm usually not on board with Subban hate because he's not a malicious guy and shit happens. HOWEVER, this was a case where a player intended to injure the other teams leading scorer (in the past months) which clearly influenced the senator's ability to score in that game and the games to come. And, he got off basically scot-free. I think it's obvious that the NHL should have at least suspended him, and I don't think 3 games is too many.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)