Project PU: Buried Treasure Project [Week 15: Munchlax, Dragonair, Cherrim]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I think Lampent could shine as a Bulky Sub/Calm mind set just like it's evolution in UU

Lampent @ Eviolite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 216 HP / 240 SpA / 52 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball

So the speed investement is meant to outspeed all pokemon with a base speed under 60, which include the defensive walls where this thing sets up on. Examples are Tangela, Quilladin, Avalugg, and so on and so on. The rest pretty straight forward. 240 Special attack to get rid of the mons that prevent your sweeper from sweeping and HP to have some bulk to help your subs standing

Calcs

216+ SpA Lampent Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Tangela: 342-404 (102.3 - 120.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

216+ SpA Lampent Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Quilladin: 264-312 (80.9 - 95.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

216+ SpA Lampent Flamethrower vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Avalugg: 284-336 (72.2 - 85.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Bulk

252+ SpA Choice Specs Poliwrath Scald vs. +1 240 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Lampent: 194-230 (60.4 - 71.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Kadabra Shadow Ball vs. +1 240 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Lampent: 112-132 (34.8 - 41.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I've grouped some sets under "Untested Sets" if I felt there wasn't enough evidence of testing, please VM / PM me if you've actually tested the set :o

This week, our three Pokemon are:

Wigglytuff | Tropius | Swalot

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
First crack for once. Anyway let's start with Tropius.

Tropius is a Pokémon with some potential in PU, but just a bit short of making a name for itself in especially with Jumpluff in the tier. It has an unique Grass/Flying typing but at the same time hinders it greatly too with a Stealth Rock weakness, and is weak to common types of moves such as Fire and Rock, and especially Ice. Offensively, it's stats are somewhat lackluster (then again Jumpluff's is worse), but it does have access to some solid abilities in Chlorophyll and Harvest, as well as access to Swords Dance and a respectable attacking move-pool.

Tropius @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Earthquake
- Aerial Ace

Pretty much a poor man's Leafeon with this set in regards to a sun sweeper. Swords Dance boosts Tropius' attack to decent levels at its pretty lackluster coming off of base 68 Attack. Leaf Blade is main STAB attack while Earthquake hits the Fire-types that don't mind Leaf Blade like Ninetales and Rapidash. Aerial Ace is Tropius' other STAB attack, allowing it to hit other Grass-types that resist Leaf Blade and Earthquake such as Jumpluff and Torterra.

Tropius @ Life Orb / Heat Rock
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Sunny Day
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Air Slash / Synthesis

This set doesn't scream originality and is outclassed by faster sun sweepers such as Victreebel, but the Sunny Day set can be pulled off well by any Pokémon packing Chlorophyll and a strong STAB attack in Solarbeam. Hidden Power [Fire] gets boosted from the sun, which is nice for hitting other Grass-types. Air Slash can be used for more STAB and a little bit of neutral coverage on Fire types, or you can run Synthesis for healing, which also gets a nice boost from the sun. Item-wise, you have some options. Heat Rock adds on a few more turns of sun, while Life Orb gives you a nice little power boost, which comes in handy when you look at Tropius' below-average Special Attack.

Tropius @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 248 HP / 144 SpD / 116 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: NaN Atk
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Air Slash
- Protect / Energy Ball / Toxic

Magnemite ran something like this when he was testing it out (think it was max hp, max sp def. don't really remember) and it was pretty decent. Substitute and Leech Seed gives a way for Tropius to avoid status while restoring HP. Air Slash is mandatory aganist other Grass-types that are immune to Leech Seed. Protect gives an extra turn for healing and a chance for Tropius to Harvest another Sitrus Berry if it used it already. Energy Ball lets Tropius hit Rock- and Water-types super effectively, while Toxic combined with Leech Seed wears down special walls like Lickilicky faster and it helps PP stalling them out of Heal Bell. 248 HP maxes out Tropius' bulk while limiting Stealth Rock damage while the 116 Speed EVs outspeed uninvested base 65 pokemon like Pelipper so Tropius can get up a Substitute before Pelipper could possibly cripple Tropius with Toxic while the rest in added to Special Defense to take special attacks better.

Now time for Swalot's time in the spotlight.

Swalot is pretty unremarkable in every sense of the word in PU. It has poor base stats apart from HP, but has a pretty soid movepool. Swalot has a lot of possible sets, but none are really good. Its main job is to tank hits. As it has base 100 HP and base 83 in the defences, it can do this quite well. It also has access to a few offensive choices as well tho Swalot is outclassed by Arbok and Seviper.

Swalot @ Black Sludge
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Pain Split
- Gunk Shot
- Earthquake

Basically a worse Arbok, but w/e. Curse boost your Attack and Defense at the cost of speed, but its not meant to outspeed anything. Pain Split is Swalot's most reliable form of recovery other than Rest. Gunk Shot is Swalot's main STAB attack, while Earthquake hits Steel-types like Pawniard and non Air Balloon Probopass which would otherwise wall this set.

Swalot @ Choice Band
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Explosion

GasQuake ran something like this in a PU Battle of the Week battle vs scorpdestroyer (pretty sure it had Bullet Seed over Ice Punch, correct me if I'm wrong if you see this Gasquakee). Gunk Shot is for STAB, Earthquake hits Steel-types that are immune to Gunk Shot like Pawniard and Probopass, Ice Punch is for Ground-types like Torterra and Marowak, and Explosion hits very hard with a Choice Band while weakening or eliminating a possible threat to your team.

Swalot @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Sludge Wave
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Ice Beam / Shadow Ball

Yeah, I was pretty much surprised when I saw Swalot's movepool and decided to try Specs out just to see what it could do tho it's pretty much a worse Seviper. Sludge Wave is for STAB, Giga Drain for Ground-types that resist Sludge Wave while providing some recovery, and HP Ground hits Steel-types that handles Swalot's Poison/Grass coverage. The last move is mostly filler. Ice Beam for additional coverage, while Shadow Ball hits Psychics and Ghosts.

I'll give some input on Wigglytuff when I get the chance. Not bad for my 200th post.

Tropius @ Sitrus Berry
Calm Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Air Slash

Magnemite ran something like this when he was testing it out (think it was max hp, max sp def. don't really remember) and it was pretty decent. Substitute and Leech Seed gives a way for Tropius to avoid status while restoring HP. Air Slash is mandatory aganist other Grass-types that are immune to Leech Seed. Protect gives an extra turn for healing and a chance for Tropius to Harvest another Sitrus Berry if it used it already. Energy Ball lets Tropius hit Rock- and Water-types super effectively, while Toxic combined with Leech Seed wears down special walls like Lickilicky faster and it helps PP stalling them out of Heal Bell. 248 HP maxes out Tropius' bulk while limiting Stealth Rock damage while the 116 Speed EVs outspeed uninvested base 65 pokemon like Pelipper so Tropius can get up a Substitute before Pelipper could possibly cripple Tropius with Toxic while the rest in added to Special Defense to take special attacks better.
Yeah, Anty and I found this to be the only Tropius set anywhere near worth using during testing, but it's pretty decent. I used physically defensive with no Speed investment, as Tropius needs all the bulk it can get, and Tropius loses to a lot more special attackers than physical attackers, at least in theory (thinking of stuff like Zebstrika, Simipour, Ninetales, Regice, etc). As it is, it's just barely bulky enough to be able to stall threats out with Harvest. Protect is honestly mandatory on this set; you really need an extra turn to get more healing / get another chance at getting back your berry if you didn't get it the previous turn. This is a pretty niche set but it's pretty decent against the right teams if you can find a team you'd actually want to use it on. Other Tropius sets are all hopelessly outclassed though, I definitely wouldn't bother with them.

TONE

is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Alright thanks for the clear up Magnemite. Anyway, onto Wigglytuff.

Wigglytuff is pretty much a unique pokemon in PU. It's Normal/Fairy typing means that Wigglytuff is no longer weak to Fighting, but rather it's weak to Poison & Steel, immune to Ghost & Dragon and resists Bug & Dark which is definitely a change for the better. On top of that, Competitive gave Wigglytuff a chance to be viable competitive giving it a +2 Special Attack boost whenever its stats are reduced. This is very handy in case of Intimidate mons, Sticky Web, and random stat drops from opposing pokemon's moves. Does it make it worth using? Probably not, but Wigglytuff is usable if you want to try something different.

Wigglytuff @ Life Orb
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Dazzling Gleam
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam / Thunderbolt

Wigglytuff isn't the fastest pokemon in the world, but can definetly benefit thanks to its wide range of special attacks especially if it gets a +2 Special Attack boost. Hyper Voice and Dazzling Gleam are Wigglytuff's main attacking moves. As Steel-types resist both of Wigglytuff's STAB attacks, Fire Blast takes care of them. Ice Beam is for added coverage against Ground-types such as Marowak and Golem. Thunderbolt can be used to hit Pelipper and other Water-types such as Carracosta and Barbaracle harder.

Wigglytuff @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Hyper Voice
- Dazzling Gleam

Pretty much standard defensive Wigglytuff. Wigglytuff can take a couple of hits, and Protect is a great way of scouting and gaining back health through Leftovers. Hyper Voice is a powerful STAB move on Wigglytuff which is always handy plus being able to bypass Substitute is pretty cool. Dazzling Gleam does decent damage also with STAB and being able to do some damage to Ghosts which would wall Wigglytuff otherwise. Wish is Wigglytuff's only viable form of recovery and can pass huge wishes to its teammates even with no HP investment which is pretty big as it is.

Wigglytuff @ Life Orb / Choice Band
Ability: Frisk
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Return
- Play Rough
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off

Courtesy of Mistress Remilia, I give you physical Wigglytuff. Imagine the look on your opponent's face expecting special attacking Wigglytuff only to come from outta nowhere with a physical set. Return and Play Rough are Wigglytuff's main options, while Drain Punch is neccessary for getting past Steel-types which would otherwise wall Wigglytuff. Knock Off provides great utility and a way to hit Ghost-types such as Haunter and Misdreavus.

Raiza

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Championis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender

Wigglytuff @ Power Herb
Modest Nature
- SolarBeam
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Magic Coat

Saw this on a RMT by The Goomy and thought of posting it even if it's gimmicky, as hazard stacking is popular at the moment, this set makes use of Wigglytuff wide movepool as an anti lead with SolarBeam + Power Herb to heavily damage bulky Ground- and Rock-types Stealth Rock setters, Fire Blast to cripple Spikes users and switch-ins into Fairy coverage, Stealth Rock makes it a setter itself and a decent lead along with Magic Coat to surprise the opponent.

also built a team on Life Orb Wigglytuff

As most of Wigglytuff sets were already posted, I decided to build a team on this lil guy. Of course as soon as I saw the Life Orb set posted by TONE114 I put my eyes on its ability, Competitive, this gave me the idea to build an hazard stacking team rounded on Wigglytuff (even if most of the time it's useless but don't tell to anyone). As we already know, Wigglytuff mainly struggles against Poison- and Steel-types so I immediately added Magnet Pull Probopass, as it provides a reliable way to remove Steel-types such as Pawniard and a Stealth Rock setter, other than a pivot to bring Wigglytuff in safely. Then, since I wanted to build an hazard stacking team I fit in Roselia as our main special defensive check for things like Poliwrath and mainly for setting Toxic Spikes, crippling walls that switch in on Wigglytuff. Because Wigglytuff already put pressure on enemy Defog users, I decided to get the ol' Missy in as a spinblocker, main answer against Set up sweepers with Foul Play, and to spread burns to ease Wigglytuff' job as a sweeper. At this point I needed a wallbreaker to get through common special walls and I wanted to try Machoke so badly, so I thought that was a good opportunity to use it. In the last slot, I put Grumpig, as it spreads paralyses with Thunder Wave, gives the team a phazer with Whirlwind to support hazard pressure and a way to bait Dark-types in,other than a NINETALES CHECK.

cream (Wigglytuff) @ Life Orb
Shiny: Yes
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Dazzling Gleam
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam

prominent nose (Probopass) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Earth Power

ondazzurra (Misdreavus) @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
- Foul Play
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Taunt

Roserosse (Roselia) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
Calm Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis

rip natu (Grumpig) @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Psychic
- Whirlwind
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt

Mychoke (Machoke) @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Atk / 32 Def / 32 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Dynamic Punch
- Knock Off
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Last edited:

Tropius is a Pokémon with some potential in PU, but just a bit short of making a name for itself in especially with Jumpluff in the tier. It has an unique Grass/Flying typing but at the same time hinders it greatly too with a Stealth Rock weakness, and is weak to common types of moves such as Fire and Rock, and especially Ice. Offensively, it's stats are somewhat lackluster (then again Jumpluff's is worse), but it does have access to some solid abilities in Chlorophyll and Harvest, as well as access to Swords Dance and a respectable attacking move-pool.

Tropius @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Earthquake
- Aerial Ace

Pretty much a poor man's Leafeon with this set in regards to a sun sweeper. Swords Dance boosts Tropius' attack to decent levels at its pretty lackluster coming off of base 68 Attack. Leaf Blade is main STAB attack while Earthquake hits the Fire-types that don't mind Leaf Blade like Ninetales and Rapidash. Aerial Ace is Tropius' other STAB attack, allowing it to hit other Grass-types that resist Leaf Blade and Earthquake such as Jumpluff and Torterra.

Tropius @ Life Orb / Heat Rock
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Sunny Day
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Air Slash / Synthesis

This set doesn't scream originality and is outclassed by faster sun sweepers such as Victreebel, but the Sunny Day set can be pulled off well by any Pokémon packing Chlorophyll and a strong STAB attack in Solarbeam. Hidden Power [Fire] gets boosted from the sun, which is nice for hitting other Grass-types. Air Slash can be used for more STAB and a little bit of neutral coverage on Fire types, or you can run Synthesis for healing, which also gets a nice boost from the sun. Item-wise, you have some options. Heat Rock adds on a few more turns of sun, while Life Orb gives you a nice little power boost, which comes in handy when you look at Tropius' below-average Special Attack.

Tropius @ Sitrus Berry
Calm Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Air Slash

Now time for Swalot's time in the spotlight.

Swalot is pretty unremarkable in every sense of the word in PU. It has poor base stats apart from HP, but has a pretty soid movepool. Swalot has a lot of possible sets, but none are really good. Its main job is to tank hits. As it has base 100 HP and base 83 in the defences, it can do this quite well. It also has access to a few offensive choices as well tho Swalot is outclassed by Arbok and Seviper.

Swalot @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Pain Split
- Gunk Shot
- Earthquake

Basically a worse Arbok, but w/e. Curse boost your Attack and Defense at the cost of speed, but its not meant to outspeed anything. Pain Split is Swalot's most reliable form of recovery other than Rest. Gunk Shot is Swalot's main STAB attack, while Earthquake hits Steel-types like Pawniard and non Air Balloon Probopass which would otherwise wall this set.

Swalot @ Choice Band
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Explosion

GasQuake ran something like this in a PU Battle of the Week battle vs scorpdestroyer (pretty sure it had Bullet Seed over Ice Punch, correct me if I'm wrong if you see this Gasquakee). Gunk Shot is for STAB, Earthquake hits Steel-types that are immune to Gunk Shot like Pawniard and Probopass, Ice Punch is for Ground-types like Torterra and Marowak, and Explosion hits very hard with a Choice Band while weakening or eliminating a possible threat to your team.

Swalot @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Sludge Wave
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Ice Beam / Shadow Ball

Yeah, I was pretty much surprised when I saw Swalot's movepool and decided to try Specs out just to see what it could do tho it's pretty much a worse Seviper. Sludge Wave is for STAB, Giga Drain for Ground-types that resist Sludge Wave while providing some recovery, and HP Ground hits Steel-types that handles Swalot's Poison/Grass coverage. The last move is mostly filler. Ice Beam for additional coverage, while Shadow Ball hits Psychics and Ghosts.

I'll give some input on Wigglytuff when I get the chance. Not bad for my 200th post.
Confirming I ran bullet seed for Golem. Pretty sure it kills with a decent roll like 3 and an adamant band..or maybe you have to run jolly to outspeed golem. w/e i believe in you based lord swalot.

252 Atk Choice Band Swalot Bullet Seed (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Golem: 276-336 (91.6 - 111.6%) -- approx. 56.3% chance to OHKO

yes the viability of swalot is secured as the extreme bait and a leafeon counter.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Wigglytuff @ Power Herb
Modest Nature
- SolarBeam
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Magic Coat

Saw this on a RMT by The Goomy and thought of posting it even if it's gimmicky, as hazard stacking is popular at the moment, this set makes use of Wigglytuff wide movepool as an anti lead with SolarBeam + Power Herb to heavily damage bulky Ground- and Rock-types Stealth Rock setters, Fire Blast to cripple Spikes users and switch-ins into Fairy coverage, Stealth Rock makes it a setter itself and a decent lead along with Magic Coat to surprise the opponent.

also built a team on Life Orb Wigglytuff

As most of Wigglytuff sets were already posted, I decided to build a team on this lil guy. Of course as soon as I saw the Life Orb set posted by TONE114 I put my eyes on its ability, Competitive, this gave me the idea to build an hazard stacking team rounded on Wigglytuff (even if most of the time it's useless but don't tell to anyone). As we already know, Wigglytuff mainly struggles against Poison- and Steel-types so I immediately added Magnet Pull Probopass, as it provides a reliable way to remove Steel-types such as Pawniard and a Stealth Rock setter, other than a pivot to bring Wigglytuff in safely. Then, since I wanted to build an hazard stacking team I fit in Roselia as our main special defensive check for things like Poliwrath and mainly for setting Toxic Spikes, crippling walls that switch in on Wigglytuff. Because Wigglytuff already put pressure on enemy Defog users, I decided to get the ol' Missy in as a spinblocker, main answer against Set up sweepers with Foul Play, and to spread burns to ease Wigglytuff' job as a sweeper. At this point I needed a wallbreaker to get through common special walls and I wanted to try Machoke so badly, so I thought that was a good opportunity to use it. In the last slot, I put Natu, as it prevents hazard stacking from the opponent, spreads paralyses with Thunder Wave, gives the team another slow u-turn to bring in wigglytuff safely and a way to bait Dark-types in.

cream (Wigglytuff) @ Life Orb
Shiny: Yes
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Dazzling Gleam
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam

prominent nose (Probopass) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Earth Power

ondazzurra (Misdreavus) @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
- Foul Play
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Taunt

Roserosse (Roselia) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
Calm Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis

Nato (Natu) @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 196 HP / 156 Def / 120 SpD / 36 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Roost
- U-turn
- Night Shade

Mychoke (Machoke) @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Dynamic Punch
- Knock Off
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
>no sheddy

2xTheTap

YuGiOh main
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Posting a few of my Swalot sets that I've used and think are pretty fun. Some have more utility like Encore, Toxic, etc and are easier to justify a teamslot for (eh, who am I kidding, I only use Swalot as a joke lol).

Mukstache (Swalot) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze / Sticky Hold
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Encore
- Infestation
- Sludge Bomb
- Stockpile

Liquid Ooze allows you to switch into Tangela's Giga Drain or Leech Seed and Gogoat or Sawsbuck's Horn Leech and do some residual damage that way, whereas Sticky Hold is important to keep your Black Sludge. 12 Speed is ran here to outspeed uninvested Torterra by 1 point and Sludge Bomb before EQ or Synthesis are used if you're forced to stay in.

The idea is to first Infestation a wall or support mon (like Volbeat here: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-196110528), then Encore them into a setup move. After that, Stockpile can be used to +2-3 until Encore ends, then Sludge Bomb or Infestation the next switch in. With entry hazards and many offensive threats being unable to OHKO +2-3 Def / +2-3 SDef Swalot, Swalot is free to Infestation the next switch in and wear your opponent's team down slowly and painfully. :pirate:

Tone already posted this (though the EVs are slightly different here), but I'm reposting to show calcs on relevant PU mons to show that Swalot can work in mysterious ways:

Dirty Bomb (Swalot) @ Choice Band
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Explosion
- Gunk Shot
- Earthquake
- Bullet Seed

Sticky Hold ensures that you keep your Choice Band so that its attack remains at least usable throughout the battle. 176 speed EVs hits 190 speed total, which is +1 faster than neutral 252 EV base 45 mons, like Golem and Marowak.

CB Bullet Seed allows you to sometimes OHKO Golem through Sturdy before Rocks go up.
252+ Atk Choice Band Swalot Bullet Seed (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Golem: 300-360 (99.6 - 119.6%) -- approx. 93.8% chance to OHKO

Marowak takes less, but you still have a chance to OHKO before you're fainted (not advisable lol):
252+ Atk Choice Band Swalot Bullet Seed (4 hits) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Marowak: 224-272 (85.8 - 104.2%) -- approx. 6.3% chance to OHKO

CB STAB Gunk Shot and Explosion also hurt, whereas EQ is there for coverage on Steel types. CB STAB Gunk Shot OHKOs Defensive Togetic after Stealth Rock, which is kind of cool I guess:
252+ Atk Choice Band Swalot Gunk Shot vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Togetic: 236-278 (75.3 - 88.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

And finally, CB EQ OHKO's Probopass if its Balloon is gone:
252+ Atk Choice Band Swalot Earthquake vs. 160 HP / 0 Def Probopass: 356-420 (118.2 - 139.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Also OHKO's Pawniard 68.8% of the time with EQ:
252+ Atk Choice Band Swalot Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Eviolite Pawniard: 218-258 (94.3 - 111.6%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

Swalot @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 248 HP / 248 SpA / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Toxic
- Venoshock
- Encore
- Infestation

Swalot @ Salac Berry / Liechi Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Power-Up Punch
- Pain Split
- Gunk Shot

Swalot @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Counter
- Amnesia
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-195986281
6 Swalot beating a bad ubers team in Anything Goes because wynaut? :pimp:

Last edited:
I just want to say I really enjoy this project and have been lurking for a while. Keep it up :]

Wigglytuff Hyper Offense electric love

:o sick sprites ik

This is is pretty template hyper offense. Lead, Wall Breaker, Wall Breaker, Patch Sweeping Weakness, Utility(Spinblocker), Sweeper. This team is a bit less cookie cutter PU... as the Wigglytuff would suggest. We have chosen the master race set! Physical! It doesnt fit the team but who cares. Go Wigglytuff! (use Special Competitive if you want this team to be better)Wigglytuff is a Choice Banded/Pixie Plate set that actually hits relatively hard and can be a sweet Poliwrath check. Jumpluff is my win condition of choice and I can make use of the Probo's that Wigglytuff lures by Drain Punch and have an easier time with this guy. Ditto is pretty self explanatory... I wanted to be less weak to sweeps! Krokorok is my lead of choice with Taunt and Rocks only really being outsped by leads such as Leavanny and Monferno. Intimidate is a minuscule but cool tool this little guy can make use of. Ive been trying it out A LOT lately and ive got to say im impressed. Free Krokorok's Viability. Heatmor is my second wall breaker of choice along side my first(hue wigglytuff) and it can prove pleasantly tricky to switch into. Dusknoir is the spinblocker of choice and can form a nice core with Competitive Wigglytuff if you want to go that route (rude). Thats the team! Its by no means godly but its refreshing to play with!
Threats:
Pawniard (Good luck)
Zebstrika

Wigglytuff @ Pixie Plate / Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Play Rough
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Wild Charge

Jumpluff
Ability: Infiltrator
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Sleep Powder
- Swords Dance
- Seed Bomb

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Transform

Krokorok @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Heatmor @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Giga Drain
- Fire Blast
- Low Kick

Dusknoir @ Choice Band
EVs: 84 HP / 252 Atk / 172 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Trick
- Shadow Sneak
- Brick Break
- ThunderPunch

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-221913460 : webs and the two biggest threats to the team
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-221909640 : another tour game

Ill try Swalot and Tropius soon!

Last edited:

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Thanks for participating. I liked that you guys posted teams this week, keep it up.

This week, our three Pokemon are:

Aurorus (Hail) | Swoobat | Leavanny (not web)

Some questions to consider:
- What hail sets are good for Aurorus? Are full hail teams viable now?
- How do you support the standard CM Swoobat well?
- What good non-Sticky Web sets can Leavanny run?

TONE

It's hard to actually see Leavanny try to function outside of being a Sticky Web setter especially with the amount of Grass-types in PU that can pretty much do the same thing Leavanny can and better.

Leavanny @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll / Swarm
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- X-Scissor
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off

While Swords Dance faces competiton from Leafeon as a Swords Dance sweeper, much less a sun sweeper, one thing Leavanny does have over Leafeon is a secondary STAB attack in X-Scissor to reliably handle other Grass-types, although Leafeon has slightly higher Attack and Speed. Leaf Blade for another STAB option while Knock Off is a great move in general hitting Ghost-types, particularly Gourgeist harder. As for other options at Leavanny's disposal, it surprisingly has access to Reflect and Light Screen, but its outclassed by Meowstic. It can also possibly pull of a Baton Pass set, as Leavanny has access to all sorts of support moves: Swords Dance, Hone Claws, Agility, Calm Mind (seriously, Calm Mind @__@), but outclassed mainly by Leafeon who has access to recovery in Synthesis, allowng it to set up again if need be.

MZ

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Aurorus @ Focus Sash
Ability: Snow Warning
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Stealth Rock
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power

So this is a cool set that I thought up but I might have actually stolen it from somebody else I can't remember. It's a cool rocks lead because snow warning breaks sashes, meaning that golem and dwebble can only get up hazards and not attack. Either they break your sash and you're hazard free, or they sacrifice their lead for hazards and you still have a full health sash aurorus with its godlike coverage. You need a very high roll to kill sashed barb with freeze dry+hail, but nobody really uses lead barb anymore anyway. And if they don't have any of those leads, it still gets up rocks for you, while being able to beat the most common taunt users, Simipour and Misdreavus.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Leavanny @ Life Orb
Ability: Swarm
Adamant Nature
- Agility
- Leaf Blade
- X-Scissor
- Knock Off
Sadly i dont feel dual dance will work well enough for it to be worth mentioning, however i have already used this in 1 or 2 matches but it never got put to use =[. Its fairly obvious that set up sweepers are pretty centralising i this metagame, so why not leavanny. You have enough set up oppurtunities by forcing out water types/some grass types, and you just have to hope you have weakened the opposing team enough to sweep (stealth rocks is great at crippling fire/flying types).
252+ Atk Life Orb Leavanny Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Piloswine: 289-343 (71.5 - 84.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Leavanny Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Rapidash: 172-203 (63.4 - 74.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Leavanny Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Ninetales: 162-192 (56.4 - 66.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
This isnt too weak considering you will be using it late game

Leavanny @ Salac Berry
Jolly Nature
- Endure
- Leaf Blade
- X-Scissor
- Swords Dance
Another late game sweeper. If set up correctly you have a +2 attack +1 speed swarm range LEAVANNY, which is no joke. Obviously you have to remove priority users/scarfers with base 95 speed then it is just an easy gg. The calcs support this:
+2 252 Atk Swarm Leavanny X-Scissor vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Ninetales: 211-249 (73.5 - 86.7%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 Atk Swarm Leavanny X-Scissor vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Dodrio: 222-261 (85 - 100%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
What Is Resistances?

Leavanny @ Life Orb
Ability: Overcoat
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Giga Drain
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash

Leavanny @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Giga Drain
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Leavanny @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- X-Scissor
- Knock Off
- Baton Pass
this set could work

To summarise, leavanny is p much a worse jumpluff and is so slow its offensive sets have to have someway to boost its speed or its just revenge kill/bad jumpluff. Chloro on sun may work :L

Last edited:

Raiza

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Championis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender

Swoobat @ Kee Berry / Salac Berry
Ability: Simple
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Signal Beam
- Roost / Substitute

Swoobat is an interesting Pokemon to use. At a first glance its stats seem pretty mediocre apart from Speed, but what's interesting in it is its ability Simple, as it can make Swoobat be very threatening even after only a Calm Mind, especially now that Sneasel, one of the best answers to Swoobat, as it was able to outspeed and easily OHKO it with Pursuit, is gone. This set is the most popular and makes use of Swoobat qualities, Calm Mind is obviously mandatory to get the damage output and special bulk necessary to succeed, while Stored Power has a great synergy with its ability and set up sweepers in general. Signal Beam is used for coverage purposes, Roost for a recovery and Substitute to get easy set ups and avoid Sucker Punch from Pokemon such as Pawniard and Mightyena. Another thing I wanna note is Kee Berry, as it ables Swoobat to get defensively bulky enough after it gets it by a physical attack, that makes Swoobat after it set ups an almost complete Pokemon, and that's why it is preferred over Salac Berry. I also was thinking of HP Fighting over Signal Beam to hit things like Pawniard and Probopass harder but I don't really know, that might be decent. Still, the main problem is...finding set up opportunities, as Swoobat is incredibily frail, especially to physical attacks, so it's preferred to set up on slower special attackers to already get a +2 Special Defense boost and be safer. Though Screen Support from Pokemon such as Meowstic-M is appreciated to help finding more spaces to set up, along with entry hazards support to get Swoobat checks and counters weakened, the proceed to sweep preferably into mid- to late-game. Other good teammates could be Fighting-types such as Poliwrath to counter threats such as Pawniard and Probopass, which trouble Swoobat, other than being able to phaze the foes and rack up residual damage with entry hazards support.

Last edited:

2xTheTap

YuGiOh main
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Aurorus @ Focus Sash
Ability: Snow Warning
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Stealth Rock
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power

So this is a cool set that I thought up but I might have actually stolen it from somebody else I can't remember. It's a cool rocks lead because snow warning breaks sashes, meaning that golem and dwebble can only get up hazards and not attack. Either they break your sash and you're hazard free, or they sacrifice their lead for hazards and you still have a full health sash aurorus with its godlike coverage. You need a very high roll to kill sashed barb with freeze dry+hail, but nobody really uses lead barb anymore anyway. And if they don't have any of those leads, it still gets up rocks for you, while being able to beat the most common taunt users, Simipour and Misdreavus.
Hey, Moogazard - I remember you giving me a RMT for one of my Hail teams when I sent that set. I was using Encore over Stealth Rock, with a Probopass setting rocks for me. :-) Might post the edited team later.

Montsegur also posted a set with Encore / Rocks / Ice beam / Earth Power in Grim's Weather thread. I think Blizzard / Freeze-Dry / Earth Power / Encore or Rocks is better for the added coverage, though.

But, I think this EV spread should be changed slightly.

Weakness to Rock / % HP lost / HP lost in fractions / Ensure HP is not divisible by: / Common Examples
0.25x / 3.125% / 1/32 / 32 / Excadrill, Lucario
0.5x / 6.25% / 1/16 / 16 / Ferrothorn, Conkeldurr
1x / 12.5% / 1/8 / 8 / Azumarill, Latios
2x / 25% / 1/4 / 4 / Dragonite, Mandibuzz

4 HP Aurorus gets 388 HP, which is divisible by 4. So, Aurorus should run an odd number of HP to let it switch into Stealth Rock one more time, by running 4 Def instead (387 HP total).

Also, either 4 Def or 8 HP (use 8 HP to get 389 HP, if you're using a Life Orb) lets Aurorus always survive 0 Atk Poliwrath's Circle Throw if no entry hazards are on the field:

0 Atk Poliwrath Circle Throw vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Aurorus: 328-388 (84.5 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

vs

0 Atk Poliwrath Circle Throw vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Aurorus: 324-384 (83.7 - 99.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Poliwrath Circle Throw vs. 8 HP / 0 Def Aurorus: 328-388 (84.3 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

MZ

Hey, Moogazard - I remember you giving me a RMT for one of my Hail teams when I sent that set. I was using Encore over Stealth Rock, with a Probopass setting rocks for me. :-) Might post the edited team later.

Montsegur also posted a set with Encore / Rocks / Ice beam / Earth Power in Grim's Weather thread. I think Blizzard / Freeze-Dry / Earth Power / Encore or Rocks is better for the added coverage, though.

But, I think this EV spread should be changed slightly.

Weakness to Rock / % HP lost / HP lost in fractions / Ensure HP is not divisible by: / Common Examples
0.25x / 3.125% / 1/32 / 32 / Excadrill, Lucario
0.5x / 6.25% / 1/16 / 16 / Ferrothorn, Conkeldurr
1x / 12.5% / 1/8 / 8 / Azumarill, Latios
2x / 25% / 1/4 / 4 / Dragonite, Mandibuzz

4 HP Aurorus gets 388 HP, which is divisible by 4. So, Aurorus should run an odd number of HP to let it switch into Stealth Rock one more time, by running 4 Def instead (387 HP total).

Also, either 4 Def or 8 HP (use 8 HP to get 389 HP, if you're using a Life Orb) lets Aurorus always survive 0 Atk Poliwrath's Circle Throw if no entry hazards are on the field:

0 Atk Poliwrath Circle Throw vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Aurorus: 328-388 (84.5 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

vs

0 Atk Poliwrath Circle Throw vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Aurorus: 324-384 (83.7 - 99.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Poliwrath Circle Throw vs. 8 HP / 0 Def Aurorus: 328-388 (84.3 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
I was aware or both of those just due to other work with aurorus, it's just that, as a sashed mon that you basically always lead with, the Poliwrath calc won't actually come into play and you're probably not switching into rocks. I guess odd HP is better just in case tho.

Raiza

World Defender

Bibarel @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Curse
- Rest
- Waterfall
- Return / Quick Attack

Bibarel @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Waterfall
- Thunderbolt
- Taunt

How annoying can a Bibarel be? As we can see its stats are pretty mediocre overall apart from Attack, but what lets Bibarel alive are its abilities, as it actually boasts three of the best abilities in the game, though Moody got banned, Simple is still a great option and makes Bibarel a viable set up sweeper thanks to its access to Curse, but still thats Bibarel's only niche and makes it predictable, also being really situational and difficult to fit on a team, I'd say it fits best on bulky offense or balanced teams, as they can support it in the appropriate way, entry hazards could be a good option to trouble walls and get offensive Pokemon in range of Bibarel's dual STAB moves Return and Waterfall. I'm not a Bibarel player myself, so I probably messed up something with the set, but whatever.
A Lead set with Stealth Rock can also be used, as thanks to Waterfall and enough Speed to outspeed common Leads nowadays, such as Piloswine, Golem and Dwebble, and therefore set up a Taunt or directly deal a good amount of damage, Bibarel is able to deal with them decently, though it's outclassed by some Pokemon such as Monferno, Bibarel is also able to bait in Defog users such as Pelipper and blast them with Thunderbolt.

Last edited:

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Here are the two viable seviper sets i have used:

Seviper @ Life Orb
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 72 Atk / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Rash Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
Set is fairly simple, sludge bomb is your main stab (nice over wave for the poison), then you have giga drain for rocks, and grounds as well as bulky waters, eq hits steel types (hits probo harder than flamethrower), and sucker punch is priority. Sadly sucker is illegal with infiltrator so you will have to use the worse ability, which i guess might not be bad for checking grass types. EVs allow viper to outspeed max torterra (also beating gurmpig/base 45's), max spatk and rest in attack. This set recieves heavy competition from victreebel but has eq. In writing this post i realised this set really does not have much over victreebel (maybe a set focusing on physical poison stab could be better? but then arbok. Or maybe specs?)

Seviper @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid / Naive Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Giga Drain
- Flamethrower / Earthquake
- Switcheroo
Sevipers speed tier puts it at more than zeb at +1 which is basically a tick off for any scarfer, and here sludge wave is used for strength as you dont have to rely on poison to beat licki as it gets switcheroo. Flamethrower is special and better to be locked into, whereas eq obviously hits probopass, and since this doesnt have sucker you can run infiltrator which helps with pokes like poliwrath. This is set can sort of be used as a revenge killer, and since poison isnt a that bad stab to be locked into seviper can often just clean late game or cripple half of the opps team.

Btw thunderbolt bibarrel is my innovation ;~; and you really dont need 252 hp on a suicide lead that needs a lot of spatk to OHKO pelipper w/ tbolt

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus

Bibarel @ Expert Belt / Rindo Berry
EVs: 204 Atk / 252 SpA / 52 Spe
Rash Nature
- Ice Beam
- Work Up
- Quick Attack
- Grass Knot / Surf
(Grass Knot/Beam struggles against Fire Types, Surf/Beam loses to Poli. Configure to your team depending on what else you have)

(52 Speed EV's allows it to outspeed 56 Speed, non rain Poliwrath)

This set is a pretty solid lure and late game sweeper which is actually pretty threatening for a Pokemon with 55 Base SpA. I originally built this set upon luring in and beating Pokemon like Gourgeist with it's unexpected Special moves instead of a basic Curse set. Grass Knot does Massive Damage to Pokemon like Poliwrath and other bulky annoyances. Ice Beam does well against Grass Types and Pokemon like Pelipper. Quick Attack is basic priority and cleaner move which can still deal heavy damage. This Set does lose out in the bulk that curse gives, but it has merit in the ability to take a burn with small consequence and take on pokemon that the Curse Set notmally couldn't. All in All, Mixed Work Up Bibarel has the ability to be a surprising lure as well as a dangerous and unexpected late game sweeper.

+2 252+ SpA Expert Belt Bibarel Grass Knot (80 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Piloswine: 271-319 (67 - 78.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ SpA Expert Belt Bibarel Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Gourgeist-Super: 379-449 (101.3 - 120%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ SpA Expert Belt Bibarel Grass Knot (80 BP) vs. 200 HP / 0 SpD Poliwrath: 293-346 (78.9 - 93.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ SpA Bibarel Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Pelipper: 166-196 (51.3 - 60.6%) -- 91.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Poliwrath (barring Grass Knot)

Fire Types (barring Surf)

Lickilicky

Other Pokemon I can't think of

(Shoutouts to Megazard Z for help configuring the moves and being an all around nerd)

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus

Meganium @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
Calm Nature
- Synthesis
- Magic Coat / Aromatherapy / Toxic
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Tail

This Meganium set is really nothing special and only has a niche over other Defensive Based Grass Mons because of its ability to be a phazer as well as it having access to Magic Coat. This focuses on being annoying by either bouncing back status moves, healing status from the team, or spreading Toxic to the opposing team. Synthesis is self explanatory as a way to heal back health and be able to sustain itself. Dragon Tail as explained before is what gives it a pretty big niche over other Grass Pokemon by able to stack up hazard damage on the opposing team as well as not allowing the opponent to switch into a favorable match-up by sending it back again. Giga Drain is for chip damage as well as a little recovery on the side.

Last edited:

TONE

Meganium @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Dragon Tail
- Energy Ball
- Synthesis

This is pretty much the best you can get out of Meganium, as anything else it tries to is just outclassed by other Grass-types in the tier. Aromatherapy provides teammates with a cleric, removing status from them and itself. Dragon Tail provides phazing support while racking up entry hazard damage. Giga Drain provides recovery so it isn't so reliant on Synthesis while nailing Rock-, Ground-, and Water-types super effectively. Toxic can be run to wear down bulkier walls that Meganium have trouble getting past.

Also BenOhver, I prefer Calm over Gentle on Meganium as Dragon Tail isn't for damage, its for phazing and lowering its good base 100 Defense isn't really worth the added damage (As someone who ran Counter/Dragon Tail Meganium, I can attest to that). Also gonna post some other outclassed sets here cause wynaut:

Meganium @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Synthesis
- Petal Blizzard
- Earthquake

Meganium @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: NaN Atk / 30 Def
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain
- Ancient Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Meganium @ Light Clay
Calm Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Synthesis
- Energy Ball

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)