Breloom (Regirock) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Careful Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
-Spore
-Substitute
-Leech Seed
-Protect / Stone Edge

Self explanatory. I'm sure this would work on essentially any 'mon that is good defensively. Might even try some Bulk Up Blissey shenanigans :^)

Just a thought: how about inheriting from Victreebel instead of Sunflora for Venusaur? You get to use weather ball instead of earth power, which in sun is nearly equivalent to a stab fire blast.
Sunflora might be better for a Grass type Chlorophyll user since Earth Power is good for hitting Desolate Land Heatran and Flash Fire Doublade / Registeel which can be problems for sun teams.

Edit: AV Entei is another target that EP is good for.

Last edited:
Virizion (Malamar Donor) @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Topsy-Turvy
- Rest

As the most specially defensive fighting type I could find, Viriz turned out to be the best user of the good old malamar set. On top of contrarypower being power in itself, Topsy Turvey lets you fuq over opponents setting up on you. It's a shame rest is your only real recovery, but it's still an amazing set to try!

What is up everyone. OM Lord Pat here and i just wanted to drop off a few sets i just thought of in my free time. I apologize if these have already been posted, I havent actually read every page of this.

Pidgeot (Volcarona) @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Hurricane
- Giga Drain/Roost
- Fiery Dance

So I see lots of people using Pidgeot and I was wondering why no one uses this. I think its just because people forget the Vocarona gets hurricane. Well it does and after having no guard you get to just fire off boosted STAB Hurricanes and stuff. You could also use fireblast or whatever you want. It depends on the rest of your team.

Bulky Anything (Murkrow) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Calm Nature
- Mean Look
- Perish Song
- Roost
- Protect

Now this set is something Ive been thinking about and I dont think anyone has really considered. Murkrow is a menace in the low tiers, absolutely awful to play against. This set is made to kill stall specifically. Its a bit of a gimmick but if used right can really makes holes in teams. Just use any bulky wall poke and or you can use an offensive poke to bait things in. Then hit them with mean look and perish them to their death. You also get prankster roost so thats helpful. I know its a gimmick but I think it has some potential (so someone can kill Kl4ngs stall..) well ill come back and post anything else I think of. Lata OM people

When everyone uses Flash Fire or Klingklang on Scizor, I suggest try something like this.

Masquerain (Scizor) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn
- Sticky Web/Toxic/Tailwind

Not only Suicune benefit from Masquerain. While Suicune get STAB Scald and Quiver Dance, Scizor here benefits from STAB U-turn, which is quite useful considering Intimidate often force switches. If you remember Scarf Landorus T in OU, you'll notice how annoying Intimidate + U-turn when facing it. This has similar purpose, only with no Knock Off, but with recovery. I think this is pretty useful imo.

After playing with Suicune for a while, I can see why some people want Suicune to be banned. It doesn't seem broken at first because most of the sets can be dealt with, but it is VERY versatile, almost as versatile as Primal Groudon in Ubers. You can just slap Suicune to any kind of team and it'll do good. Yes, from Stall, Balance and Offense all can benefit from Suicune (my Offensive team run Suicune). In fact, I don't see any kind team that doesn't benefit from Suicune in their team so far. I'm not suggesting to ban Suicune, but I can see why some people judge Suicune as "broken" despite being managable for most sets.

To whoever posted the damn Chator-Pidgeot set, I hate you. Literally everyone is using the damn thing and winning due to confusion hax. ;-;

In other news, it's been a while since I dumped some of my sets, so:

Charles (Alakazam) @ Alakazite
Ability: Insomnia
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Aura Sphere
- Shadow Ball/Ice Beam/Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt/Ice Beam/Flamethrower

This is actually pretty good at breaking a bunch of stuff. Ignoring the fact that it dies to every form of priority in existence, it's pretty cool. And Trace is actually incredibly useful. The set inherits from Mewtwo Y if it wasn't obvious. You could inherit from Mewtwo X if you want Inner Focus, but I prefer Insomnia as I can switch into random Spores. Psystrike is a better Psyshock and takes care of Chansey. Everything else is just coverage. Thunderbolt for hitting Suicune super effectively. Shadow Ball for Cress, Aegislash and Doublade. Aura Sphere for Regirock, Rhypherior and a couple of others. You get the general gist of it.

Lancelot (Terrakion) @ Life Orb
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- DynamicPunch
- Stone Edge

This one is actually fairly common but I really like it. Dynamic Punch is a high power STAB Chatter. Stone Edge doesn't miss anymore and is STAB. Knock Off is Knock Off and Bullet Punch is Machamp's only priority.

Excadrill (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake
- ExtremeSpeed

Adaptability is strong. That is all.

Excadrill (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

This was theorymonned back when the meta didn't have a ladder. Haven't seen it used though. It's a pretty good set though it's basically walled by Flash Fire Aegi/Doublade which are thankfully not as common anymore. Though come to think of it, as a status absorber, it's pretty lame seeing as it's immune to both paralysis(Shut up, nobody uses Glare and Body Slam) and poison. Plus it hates Scald because it does so much damage. Okay, why was I even using this thing?? Okay. Take this set and put it on something like Garchomp. That's an awesome set.

Jeremiah Gottwald (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Earthquake

This is actually really fun to use. The fact that it's Lando causes so many switches! Sacred Fire is supposed to burn 50% of the time but it burns only 10% of the time for me. ;-;
EQ and Brave Bird are powerful STAB. Roost is for recovery and Rocky Helmet to punish physical attackers. You could always invest in Speed instead of HP and the set might still be effective.

RAWR (Tyranitar) (M) @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Gastro Acid
- Knock Off

A lot of you should know this set by now. Standard Sticky Web + Stealth Rock Custap lead Tyranitar. Barring some Fake Out shenaningans, it has a pretty good chance of setting up Rocks and Webs. Knock Off is STAB and annoying for your opponent. Gastro Acid is for those lovely little Poison Heal Pokemon that seem to love showing up whenever I send this out.

Last edited:

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
To whoever posted the damn Chator-Pidgeot set, I hate you. Literally everyone is using the damn thing and winning due to confusion hax. ;-;

Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Aura Sphere

This is actually pretty good at breaking a bunch of stuff. Ignoring the fact that it dies to every form of priority in existence, it's pretty cool. And Trace is actually incredibly useful. The set inherits from Mewtwo Y if it wasn't obvious. You could inherit from Mewtwo X if you want Inner Focus, but I prefer Insomnia as I can switch into random Spores. Psystrike is a better Psyshock and takes care of Chansey. Everything else is just coverage. Thunderbolt for hitting Suicune super effectively. Shadow Ball for Cress, Aegislash and Doublade. Aura Sphere for Regirock, Rhypherior and a couple of others. You get the general gist of it.

Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- DynamicPunch
- Stone Edge

This one is actually fairly common but I really like it. Dynamic Punch is a high power STAB Chatter. Stone Edge doesn't miss anymore and is STAB. Knock Off is Knock Off and Bullet Punch is Machamp's only priority.

Excadrill (F) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake
- ExtremeSpeed

Excadrill (F) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

This was theorymonned back when the meta didn't have a ladder. Haven't seen it used though. It's a pretty good set though it's basically walled by Flash Fire Aegi/Doublade which are thankfully not as common anymore. Though come to think of it, as a status absorber, it's pretty lame seeing as it's immune to both paralysis(Shut up, nobody uses Glare and Body Slam) and poison. Plus it hates Scald because it does so much damage. Okay, why was I even using this thing?? Okay. Take this set and put it on something like Garchomp. That's an awesome set.

Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Earthquake

This is actually really fun to use. The fact that it's Lando causes so many switches! Sacred Fire is supposed to burn 50% of the time but it burns only 10% of the time for me. ;-;
EQ and Brave Bird are powerful STAB. Roost is for recovery and Rocky Helmet to punish physical attackers. You could always invest in Speed instead of HP and the set might still be effective.

Careful Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Gastro Acid
- Knock Off

A lot of you should know this set by now. Standard Sticky Web + Stealth Rock Custap lead Tyranitar. Barring some Fake Out shenaningans, it has a pretty good chance of setting up Rocks and Webs. Knock Off is STAB and annoying for your opponent. Gastro Acid is for those lovely little Poison Heal Pokemon that seem to love showing up whenever I send this out.
The adapt excadrill set NEEDS ADAMANT. With an adamant nature, it can OHKO latias and landorus-t after rocks with bullet punch at +2 consistently, which is something jolly cannot do. the speed tier between 275 and 302 is very small as well, and jolly doesn't let it outspeed very much in this meta since everything is either fast or bulky.
The regen lando set is a great lure set as well, since almost all of the lant checks that switch in do not appreciate being burned by sacred fire (think regirock, diancie, rhydon, etc.). Pairing it up with a GW Salamence could give some devastating results.

Here's a set for anyone who wants to annoy the hell out of people;

press u turn (Genesect) @ Choice Scarf / Band / something
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 252 Spe (tweak offenses accordingly)
(Nature that does not hinder offenses)
- U-turn
- Bug Buzz / Filler
- Psychic / Gigadrain / filler
- filler

Inheriting from venomoth you get tinted lens u turn. A very powerful hit and run that is hard to stop and keeps momentum. Considering there really isnt that many viable 4x bug resistanes, the u turn will always hit very hard and keep up momentum.
Rest of the set is completely up to you, the main attraction is the tinted lens and u turn to hit hard and always get out.
If you use band, you hit like a truck. if you use scarf you get out better and sometimes revenge kill.

You will want to pair this up with a good pivot tho.

Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Aura Sphere

Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- DynamicPunch
- Stone Edge

Excadrill (F) @ Life Orb
Jolly Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake
- ExtremeSpeed

Excadrill (F) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Earthquake

Careful Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Gastro Acid
- Knock Off

Mewtwo gets Will O Wisp, which dramatically reduces Alakazam's vulnerability to priority and lets you screw with walls that expect to laugh off damage indefinitely. I'd run it, rather than two coverage moves.

Re: Chatot. Can we get a clearer answer than "XJownage doesn't think it's that effective but won't provide a reasoning for how it can be consistently countered or checked without specifically using Own Tempo"?

xJownage

Mewtwo gets Will O Wisp, which dramatically reduces Alakazam's vulnerability to priority and lets you screw with walls that expect to laugh off damage indefinitely. I'd run it, rather than two coverage moves.

Re: Chatot. Can we get a clearer answer than "XJownage doesn't think it's that effective but won't provide a reasoning for how it can be consistently countered or checked without specifically using Own Tempo"?
I never meant to suggest that it wasn't effective; I have not explained very well and I apologize (I have been ignoring most of the arguments cluttering this thread since half of them are petty and pointless). I also assumed that somebody else who was anti-ban had already described it, but you know what they say about assuming. To assume is to make an ass of u and me. Consistently countering or checking chatter is almost impossible by virtue of confusion, but it is nowhere near as bad as, say, guessing somebody has the wrong set, and chatot's movepool is pretty barren besides a few great moves. Regardless, I do not see it as competitive, I never meant to suggest it is.

On that note, if we ban chatter, we may need to ban prankster confuse ray for the same reasons because it is just as cancerous (you can't taunt it before it hits you either).
Here's a set for anyone who wants to annoy the hell out of people;

press u turn (Genesect) @ Choice Scarf / Band / something
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 252 Spe (tweak offenses accordingly)
(Nature that does not hinder offenses)
- U-turn
- Bug Buzz / Filler
- Psychic / Gigadrain / filler
- filler

Inheriting from venomoth you get tinted lens u turn. A very powerful hit and run that is hard to stop and keeps momentum. Considering there really isnt that many viable 4x bug resistanes, the u turn will always hit very hard and keep up momentum.
Rest of the set is completely up to you, the main attraction is the tinted lens and u turn to hit hard and always get out.
If you use band, you hit like a truck. if you use scarf you get out better and sometimes revenge kill.

You will want to pair this up with a good pivot tho.
Besides heatran which is becoming more offensive lately, it really hits everything for unresisted power. Very good pivot that hits everything hard.

xJownage

S Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that are amazing in the Inheritance metagame. These Pokemon are usually able to perform a variety of roles effectively, or can just do one extremely well. Their use has low risk involved and high reward exerted. Pokemon in this rank have very few flaws that are patched up by numerous positive traits.

S Rank

Landorus-T (Talonflame, Kecleon, Salamence-Mega, Ho-oh)
Suicune (Masquerain, Quagsire, Slowking)

A Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that are fantastic in the Inheritance metagame, and can sweep, support, or wall significant portions of the metagame. These Pokemon require less support than most others to be used effectively and have few flaws that can easily be compensated for when compared to their positive traits.

A+ Rank

Cresselia (Xatu, Murkrow, Sableye-Mega, Sigilyph, Clefable, Breloom, Swoobat, Venomoth)
Pinsir-Mega (Lucario, Rayquaza, Genesect, Linoone)
Glalie-Mega (Lucario, Rayquaza, Genesect, Linoone, Noivern)
Terrakion (Spinda, Lucario-Mega, Heracross-Mega, Machamp, Breloom, Omastar, Conkeldurr)
Gyarados-Mega (Huntail, Crawdaunt, Carracosta)
Azelf (Kecleon, Greninja)

A Rank

Snorlax (Gliscor, Breloom)
Weavile (Glalie-Mega, Darkrai)
Altaria-Mega (Rayquaza, Lucario, Genesect, Dragonite, Linoone)
Metagross-Mega (Genesect, Pikachu, Deoxys)
Chansey (Mega Sableye, Clefable, Mew)
Heatran (Flygon, Hydreigon, Victreebel, Groudon-Primal)
Thundurus (Kecleon, Greninja, Kyogre, Nidoking)
Doublade (Xatu, Flareon, Solrock, Arcanine, Flygon)

A- Rank

Tyranitar (Crawdaunt, Absol-Mega, Shuckle)
Genesect (Kyogre-Primal, Beedrill Mega, Venomoth)
Lopunny-Mega (Lucario, Linoone)
Salamence (Talonflame, Kecleon, Salamence-Mega, Rayquaza-Mega)
Excadrill (Lucario-Mega, Toxicroak, Blaziken, Larvitar)
Medicham-Mega (Lucario-Mega, Scrafty)
Latios (Swoobat, Kecleon, Dragalge, Reshiram, Nidoking, Druddigon)
Greninja(Kyogre, Deoxys, Manaphy, Crawdaunt, Blastoise-Mega)

B Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that are great in the Inheritance metagame. These Pokemon have more notable flaws than those above them that affect how they function in the tier. Their positive traits still outshine their negatives, but they require a bit more team support to bring out their full potential.

B+ rank

Diancie-Mega (Manaphy, Absol-Mega, Mew, Rayquaza, Mawile)
Mega Charizard X (Victini, Rayquaza)
Rotom-Wash (Kyogre-Primal)
Ursaring (Lucario-Mega, Pikachu, Genesect, Linoone)
Latias (Clefable, Greninja)
Hippowdon (Ho-oh, Gliscor, Quagsire)
Gengar (Nidoking, Rampardos, Zoroark)
Garchomp (Trapinch, Pangoro, Gliscor, Larvitar)
Manaphy (Masquerain)
Mew (Clefable, Swoobat )
Aerodactyl-Mega (Rayquaza-Mega, Staraptor)
Alakazam (Kecleon, Darmanitan)
Rhypherior (Quagsire)
Mamoswine(Lucario-Mega, Glalie-Mega)
Gardevoir-Mega (Exploud, Noivern, Chatot, Flygon)
Goodra (Slowking, Mienshao)
Lucario-Mega (Lucario-Mega, Genesect, Aegislash)

B rank

Diancie (Cradily, Gastrodon, Mienshao, Clefable, Quagsire, Lunatone, Flygon)
Blastoise-Mega(Kyogre)
Porygon-Z (Noivern, Chatot, Whimsicott)
Meloetta(Whimscott, Exploud, Chatot, Noivern)
Gothitelle (Gothitelle)
Togekiss (Xerneas)
Slowbro-Mega (Masquerain, swoobat)
Raikou (Kyogre-Primal, Mesprit, Manectric-Mega, Latias)
Celebi (Sigilyph, Breloom)
Entei (Ho-Oh)
Throh (Breloom, Meinshao)
Ferrothorn (Heatran, Arcanine)
Houndoom-Mega (Zoroark, Mega Charizard Y, Ninetales)
Pidgeot-Mega (Noivern, Regice, Genesect, Dragonite, Chatot, Whimsicott, Mewtwo)

B- rank

Empoleon (Kyogre-Primal)
Bisharp (Aerodactyl-Mega)
Zapdos (Ho-Oh)
Starmie (Kyogre-Primal)
Skarmory (Talonflame, Arcanine, Flareon)
Regirock (Mienshao, Quagsire, Clefable, Hippowdon)
Gardevoir (Xerneas, Mega-Altaria)
Kyurem-N (Abomasnow, Aurorus)
Scizor-Mega(Klingklang)
Rhydon (Quagsire, Flygon, Solrock)
Aegislash (Xatu, Flareon, Solrock, Arcanine, Flygon)
Registeel (Xatu, Flareon, Solrock, Arcanine,Flygon)
Major update to the viability rankings, reposting so people know where it is and so that snaq can update OP. Hopefully we get a ladder and we can make a separate thread, fingers crossed. Let us know if we missed some things, please. Good luck for the remainder of the ladder everybody!

Edit:
1K POST YAY!

Eevee General for tolerating me loving to argue with you constantly <3
Snaquaza <3
unfixable For being my lover <3
Dr. Phd BJ (no forums acc) <3
GummyPotato <3
Lcass4919 <3
Kingslayer2779 <3
DarkeKnight <3
Mamp <3
Ghoul King for all the hate <3
Adrian Marin BH <3
New Old Competitor <3
yoman5 <3
Peef Rimgar <3
Akumeoy <3
CactusCacti <3
Chopin Alkaninoff <3
Jernmax <3
Kl4ng <3
grurk <3
Deathly ♛The King
The entire OM room <3
OM Room <3

Thanks for putting up with my bullshit and constant trolling, as well as making showdown what it has been for me.

Last edited:
I'd put Flygon as a donor for Mega Gardevoir. Levitate is a useful switch-in Ability, Earth Power is good coverage, and if you still want Fire coverage it's got Flamethrower/Fire Blast. (And between the two+Boomburst, most any non-Skarmory Pokemon can be hit at least neutrally by something) Also it gets U-Turn and Roost. Really, the only thing Noivern has over it to my awareness is that Frisk is usually useful.

I feel like I have other things to say, but they're not coming to mind, so eh.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
DarkeKnight, I think you mean Levitate Aegi/Doublade as Flash Fire versions are murdered by EQ :P Regardless, Chomp or somethingprobably does outclassed it.
xJownage I would add Conk to the donors for Terrakion, it is a great status absorber for Offensive teams. Here is the set for anyone who is interested:
Terrakion @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Sleep Talk/Mach Punch

Drain Punch is your main STAB, used to recover health from status and LO Recoil. Stone Edge is your other powerful STAB. Knock Off is always amazing and annoying. I prefer Sleep Talk in the last slot to beat all the PH +Spore spam (KOff is SE on Celebi, Drain Punch on Snorlax, two common abusers) although priority in Mach Punch is also usable.

Slowking is another good donor for Suicune, offering Regenerator and Scald as well as Psyshock, Calm Mind, Toxic, Thunder Wave, Dragon Tail, Counter, and Fire Blast among other moves. I actually think RegenCounter is pretty good, because you can get hit and then KO it back with Counter, then switch to regain health.

Congratz on 1K posts btw n_n

Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Aura Sphere
This thing actually looks pretty darn awesome. You can trace unaware from any suicune / cresselia that boosed themselves to high heavens and bop them with tbolt / shadow ball. On top of switching one some magic bouncers or tracing regen. Trace actually seems awesome in this meta.

Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- DynamicPunch
- Stone Edge

...Seriously ?

Additionaly I don't know if it's just me but I think Rhydon should be higher in the viability rankings (at least as high as rhyperior) because his bulk is incredible. Flygon rhydon gets access to edgequake, roost, defog, u-turn, roar/Dtail, toxic and levitate. With that it can wall close to any talon inheritors or rayquaza inheritors without much trouble or even blaziken inheritors. And with 130 base attack and a really good stab coverage can dish out some good damage back. On top of that rhydon can take a hit from a huge part of the phisical metagame and still be able to recover. Adamant pinsir does about 35% with cc and rhydon ohkoes back. Adamant glalie does about 40% with Espeed and rhydon ohkoe's back. Even Megagross can't 2hko on iron head. And choice banded adamant ursaring only has about 10% chance to 2hko on close combat.
Yeah it does have a weak special bulk but it can still tank stuff like a boomburst from pidgeot without too much trouble (and ohko back).
Also I haven't used it much but add hippo as a donor.

I might have written this very poorly, idk it's late but really I think rhydon is a really good pokemon in the current meta.
<---And it looks so freaking cool.
At the very least add flygon as donor.

Why is Kyogre-Primal one of the options listed for Genesect on the viability rankings? Isn't it completely outclassed in that role by mons like greninja, raikou, rotom-w, starmie, etc. that get benefits for their STAB moves in the rain?

Why is Kyogre-Primal one of the options listed for Genesect on the viability rankings? Isn't it completely outclassed in that role by mons like greninja, raikou, rotom-w, starmie, etc. that get benefits for their STAB moves in the rain?
I guess because it has no weaknesses? But yeah, I'm confused about that too because Genesect's bulk sucks so having no weaknesses isn't that big of a deal and Kyogre doesn't provide any STABs for Genesect.

One quick thing- Tornadus-T as a donor seems pretty good. That thing's got a pretty good movepool, with a couple of random gems thrown in there, like Bulk Up, Sludge Wave, and Icy Wind. And, of course, the powerful Hurricane and Regenerator U-turn.

What does Ho-Oh provide Zapdos? Presumably it's a bulky regenerator set with SR + WoW + Roost + Tbolt, or something like that? It doesn't sound bad, but I'm curious about what its particular utility is. Regardless, I'd say that Clefable should be added to Zapdos's viable donors, as it gives it great coverage off of a solid unboosted Special Attack, recovery, two defensively relevant abilities to pick from, and an open slot for utility.

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Sacred Fire
- Iron Head
- Bulldoze

Inheriting from Entei to get banded espeed with less commitment, Sacred Fire for 150bp 71% burn, Iron Head because Jirachi is amateur shit, and Bulldoze for Agility on the switch. Hates Flash Fire Skarmory.

Gimmick

Electric potential
What does Ho-Oh provide Zapdos? Presumably it's a bulky regenerator set with SR + WoW + Roost + Tbolt, or something like that? It doesn't sound bad, but I'm curious about what its particular utility is. Regardless, I'd say that Clefable should be added to Zapdos's viable donors, as it gives it great coverage off of a solid unboosted Special Attack, recovery, two defensively relevant abilities to pick from, and an open slot for utility.
Zapdos is a great answer to Flying spam and with Regen, it's able to more effectively pivot and spread burns. I particularly like inheriting from Volcarona for Flame Body and Quiver Dance + Hurricane. I don't think there's a "best inheritance" set really--much of it is team-dependent. Clefable, Volc, and Ho-Oh all have merits over the other.

Also, I think Venomoth should be listed under Cresselia's inheritance sets on the viability rankings.

@ Leftovers [
]
Ability: Shield Dust
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Baton Pass
- Roost
- Psychic

Quiver Pass is unbelievably underrated in this meta. The only thing holding Venomoth back in OU is its stats (or lack thereof). Cresselia was my first choice to inherit simply because of its insane bulk and prominence in Inheritance. Due to the fact that Cresselia tends to run defensive sets, nabbing a Quiver Dance and then a potential Baton Pass becomes much easier and very effective. The best thing about Venomoth, though, is Shield Dust, which prevents Cresselia from getting burned by Scald, paralyzed by Thunder/Tbolt, poisoned by Sludge Bomb, etc. Heatran is easily one of the most effective recipients because it resists every single form of ExtremeSpeed (Pixilate, Refrigerate, Aerilate, normal E-Speed from Ursaring, as well as random Brave Birds and Bullet Punches) and can inherit a plethora of perfect-coverage-attacking sets. I've also had success with other recipients like Adaptability Latios (from Mega Luc) and Mega Gardevoir (with Noivern's moveset). EDIT: 8 Spe seems odd but it's for outspeeding Cresselia/Suicune speed creepers as well as other Cresselias and Suicunes.

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
May be a little unorthodox, but has no weaknesses

Zapdos @ Leftovers (Mega Rayquaza)
Ability: Delta Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
May be a little unorthodox, but has no weaknesses

Zapdos @ Leftovers (Mega Rayquaza)
Ability: Delta Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance
why not just run a bulky set with tbolt, roost, ice beam, and possibly flamethrower/earth power? sure no setup, but it at least hits decently hard initially, otherwise yeah, use thundy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)