Mix-and-Mega — Now with Primals!

Status
Not open for further replies.
possibly changeing the name of the Pokemon species displayed could work
name(non-mega) -> name(mega) for species or some such.

This isn't related to exactly the discussion at hand, but what do you guys think of this? I can't play rn to test it, so I'm currently just theorymoning.

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Focus Blast
- Thunder
- Psychic
- Agility

This thing seems horrifying to say the least. Just like in OU, it basically has to run agility, cause 121 most likely won't be that incredible in this meta. Lol. Anyways, it gets 210 SpA w/ perfectly spamable Thunder to throw around. the only things I can think of that wall it are things that resist psychic and fighting and have lightning rod. As far as I can tell, that doesn't exist.
This spread is probs kinda redundant, as nothing can come close to outspeeding you at +2, so may as well move some Spe into HP or something.

This isn't related to exactly the discussion at hand, but what do you guys think of this? I can't play rn to test it, so I'm currently just theorymoning.

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Focus Blast
- Thunder
- Psychic
- Agility

This thing seems horrifying to say the least. Just like in OU, it basically has to run agility, cause 121 most likely won't be that incredible in this meta. Lol. Anyways, it gets 210 SpA w/ perfectly spamable Thunder to throw around. the only things I can think of that wall it are things that resist psychic and fighting and have lightning rod. As far as I can tell, that doesn't exist.
This spread is probs kinda redundant, as nothing can come close to outspeeding you at +2, so may as well move some Spe into HP or something.
So basically any Psychic type that runs Sceptilite walls it. Really, it doesn't even need to be Sceptilite -it can be Ampharosite, Charizardite X... any Mega Stone that adds Dragon typing, added to a Psychic type, is over and done with for resisting, since Dragon resists Electric. But Psychic types with Sceptilite are the extreme end, since they're immune to your STAB.

I might edit this to have a replay later, assuming no one posts before I get a match.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
This is now playable on the Aqua Server! Head there now if you want to play it after 17 pages of theorymonning.

Tagging FlameUser64 since he owns the thread.
http://aqua.psim.us

Set dump so this isn't a wasted post (i wouldve posted these anyways).

Diggersby @ Medichamite
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack
- Earthquake
- Return

OML THE POWER IS REAL #thepowerwithin but for real, this thing is strong as fuck. Gaining 40 attack from medichamite, it now has an effective attack of...640. The same as banded azumarill. With swords dance, quick attack, and 98 speed...Oh my god.

Tyranitar @ Lucarionite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Random rock setter theorymon. By giving t-tar lucarionite, it gets up to an improved speed tier of 81, keeps sand while adding a slight amount of bulk, and bolsters its offensive presence by a ridiculous amount. base 159 attack backed by adaptability is great for a lead, especially one as bulky as tyranitar.

Staraptor @ Lopunnite
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Close Combat
- Roost
- U-turn

Interesting choice, since intimidate helps it get free turns as well. +60 attack is outrageous. base 180 with a speed tier of 130 is absolutely unreal, and it gets reliable recovery and a fast u-turn as well. Pretty amazing, even if slightly frail specially (intimidate mitigates this to some extent)

Bisharp @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

Oh my god the DOMAGE. Tough Claws Bisharp was a staple of AAA for a while, but now shit just got serious. It now has base 155 attack with a life orb boost (slightly more, in fact) With powerful stabs to abuse, swords dance, and a welcome base 90 speed that makes it just perfect for stall and offensebreaking alike. Defiant is still there pre-mega evolution as well, which means that defoggers pay even more on stall teams. Watch out for this mofo, he will fuck you up.

Set dump so this isn't a wasted post (i wouldve posted these anyways).

Diggersby @ Medichamite
Ability: Huge Power
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack
- Earthquake
- Return

OML THE POWER IS REAL #thepowerwithin but for real, this thing is strong as fuck. Gaining 40 attack from medichamite, it now has an effective attack of...640. The same as banded azumarill. With swords dance, quick attack, and 98 speed...Oh my god.

Tyranitar @ Lucarionite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Random rock setter theorymon. By giving t-tar lucarionite, it gets up to an improved speed tier of 81, keeps sand while adding a slight amount of bulk, and bolsters its offensive presence by a ridiculous amount. base 159 attack backed by adaptability is great for a lead, especially one as bulky as tyranitar.

Staraptor @ Lopunnite
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Close Combat
- Roost
- U-turn

Interesting choice, since intimidate helps it get free turns as well. +60 attack is outrageous. base 180 with a speed tier of 130 is absolutely unreal, and it gets reliable recovery and a fast u-turn as well. Pretty amazing, even if slightly frail specially (intimidate mitigates this to some extent)

Bisharp @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

Oh my god the DOMAGE. Tough Claws Bisharp was a staple of AAA for a while, but now shit just got serious. It now has base 155 attack with a life orb boost (slightly more, in fact) With powerful stabs to abuse, swords dance, and a welcome base 90 speed that makes it just perfect for stall and offensebreaking alike. Defiant is still there pre-mega evolution as well, which means that defoggers pay even more on stall teams. Watch out for this mofo, he will fuck you up.
don't forget that staraptor also gets quick attack in case you need priority on your team.
Also Pursuit might be better on that bisharp set since knock off will rarely hit for 100 BP.

So basically any Psychic type that runs Sceptilite walls it. Really, it doesn't even need to be Sceptilite -it can be Ampharosite, Charizardite X... any Mega Stone that adds Dragon typing, added to a Psychic type, is over and done with for resisting, since Dragon resists Electric. But Psychic types with Sceptilite are the extreme end, since they're immune to your STAB.

I might edit this to have a replay later, assuming no one posts before I get a match.
Oh yeah, I can't believe that I spaced on psychic revisiting both psychic and fighting somehow. Wth. But that power is still unreal.

don't forget that staraptor also gets quick attack in case you need priority on your team.
Also Pursuit might be better on that bisharp set since knock off will rarely hit for 100 BP.
pursuit+sd seems a bit silly tbh. i'd go with night slash for reliable stab (albeit still weaker than sucker) or low kick for coverage.

pursuit+sd seems a bit silly tbh. i'd go with night slash for reliable stab (albeit still weaker than sucker) or low kick for coverage.
any pokemon that can't take a sucker punch or iron head at +2 won't be able to take pursuit at +2. basically it's the best move in the situation.

So Mawile can hold Medichamite O_O

Mega Maw 2.0 (Mawile) @ Medichamite
Ability: Sheer Force
Adamant, how do you deal with this? Nature
- Swords Dance/Substitute
- Iron Head
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch

Stats: 50/125/95/75/65/70

Okay. How do you deal with this? Resist all -ates, got a strong priority, and 125 base Attack means 383 doubled becomes 766 before boost. That's like base 300 Attack. After Swords Dance, it becomes 1532 Attack. Cool? Not really.

252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile (125 Atk) Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sablenite Cresselia (170 Def): 154-183 (34.6 - 41.2%) -- 68.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Can't even 2HKO Sablenite Cresselia at +0. Not that cool.

So Mawile can hold Medichamite O_O

Mega Maw 2.0 (Mawile) @ Medichamite
Ability: Sheer Force
Adamant, how do you deal with this? Nature
- Swords Dance/Substitute
- Iron Head
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch

Stats: 50/125/95/75/65/70

Okay. How do you deal with this? Resist all -ates, got a strong priority, and 125 base Attack means 383 doubled becomes 766 before boost. That's like base 300 Attack. After Swords Dance, it becomes 1532 Attack. Cool? Not really.

252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile (125 Atk) Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sablenite Cresselia (170 Def): 154-183 (34.6 - 41.2%) -- 68.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Can't even 2HKO Sablenite Cresselia at +0. Not that cool.
So, uh, if it's not that great, why'd you post it??? O.o Idk, I guess I'm just confused at the significance of this.

Well, it might not do all too good against stall, but it'll probably tear offense apart, needless to say.
My point isn't that it's bad, I was just saying that it makes no sense that after starting to post a set they immeadiately discredited it, rather than just stating that it functions better against offense or just not posting it all together.

idk about that. if you support it enough to get it going it could probably clean up offense decently late game when dark resists/priority users are gone, but it has pretty poor bulk uninvested so it can't really come in on much of anything except mono-dragon/poison/bug attackers (of which there are like none):
252+ Atk Pixilate Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Mawile: 121-143 (50.2 - 59.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
that's a resisted 80 bp move and maw just crumbles. granted it has intimidate so it'll probably be able to force out one physical attacker on a revenge/pivot switch, but at most it'll go one-for-one probably.
also, on aqua kangaskhanite is legal on non-kang mons, is that intentional? i know we were talking about allowing it but that's not reflected in the op or anything.

idk about that. if you support it enough to get it going it could probably clean up offense decently late game when dark resists/priority users are gone, but it has pretty poor bulk uninvested so it can't really come in on much of anything except mono-dragon/poison/bug attackers (of which there are like none):
252+ Atk Pixilate Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Mawile: 121-143 (50.2 - 59.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
that's a resisted 80 bp move and maw just crumbles. granted it has intimidate so it'll probably be able to force out one physical attacker on a revenge/pivot switch, but at most it'll go one-for-one probably.
also, on aqua kangaskhanite is legal on non-kang mons, is that intentional? i know we were talking about allowing it but that's not reflected in the op or anything.
FlameUser64 has not posted anywhere on the site in literally months, so in the interim I'm handling things on my own, and I can't edit the OP because I didn't make it.

Also, tagging Pikachuun again. Altarianite now works... except that when Dragonite switched back in it was Dragon/Flying typed! No other Pokemon has had a similar issue yet -they correctly retain their typings. Including that Meloetta-Pirouette Mega Evolving worked perfectly!

Also Aggronite is adding Steel typing. It should be removing the secondary typing where applicable, not adding Steel. (Unless that proved much more difficult to code?)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/aqua-mixandmega-397

EDIT: More inconsistencies. Sometimes Altarianite behaves correctly, sometimes it doesn't.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/aqua-mixandmega-399

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/aqua-mixandmega-398

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/aqua-mixandmega-405

I was also somewhat surprised to see Protean doesn't seem to be accounted for when using a Mega Evolution... either that or Lopunnite is bugged, I haven't tried non-Normal Pokemon, so I don't actually know if it's behaving correctly.

Also Dragon Ascent Smeargle is better than I was really expecting it to be.

Also amusingly, Mega Evolved Pokemon use the base critter's sounds even though they use the Mega Evolution's graphics, so you get stuff like Mega Aggron with Azumarill's cute cry.

Last edited:

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Also, tagging Pikachuun again. Altarianite now works... except that when Dragonite switched back in it was Dragon/Flying typed! No other Pokemon has had a similar issue yet -they correctly retain their typings. Including that Meloetta-Pirouette Mega Evolving worked perfectly!

Also Aggronite is adding Steel typing. It should be removing the secondary typing where applicable, not adding Steel. (Unless that proved much more difficult to code?)

I was also somewhat surprised to see Protean doesn't seem to be accounted for when using a Mega Evolution... either that or Lopunnite is bugged, I haven't tried non-Normal Pokemon, so I don't actually know if it's behaving correctly.
Aggronite adding Steel typing is a game mechanic. Aggron turns from Steel/Rock to Steel/Steel in-game [ofc dual typing = single type in-game], so I replicated that. It's not that hard to implement, it's just mechanics. Protean isn't accounted for as it uses the base typing when you mega-evolve.

Snaquaza should probably implement the changes I made this time instead of not doing anything like he did last time [I know this because the base species didn't display like it should've], but then again that's probably because I didn't tag him

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Aggronite adding Steel typing is a game mechanic. Aggron turns from Steel/Rock to Steel/Steel in-game, so I replicated that. It's not that hard to implement, it's just mechanics. Protean isn't accounted for as it uses the base typing when you mega-evolve.

Snaquaza should probably implement the changes I made this time instead of not doing anything like he did last time [I know this because the base species didn't display like it should've], but then again that's probably because I didn't tag him
Where is the new code..?

Aggronite adding Steel typing is a game mechanic. Aggron turns from Steel/Rock to Steel/Steel in-game [ofc dual typing = single type in-game], so I replicated that. It's not that hard to implement, it's just mechanics. Protean isn't accounted for as it uses the base typing when you mega-evolve.
Do you have proof Mega Aggron does that and not actually remove the secondary typing?

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Do you have proof Mega Aggron does that and not actually remove the secondary typing?
Sleepy Jirachi made a video on how to randomize ORAS, and around the 5:45 mark he basically said that 2 of the same type = 1 type. If we absolutely wanted to make sure, we can always ask a researcher such as Marty, but eh.

Actually, it's only in Generation I that a pure type is dual-itself. So no, Mega Aggron is not a Steel/Steel type in the Gen VI code, and thus is not adding a Steel typing. (I might try digging up where I read this -I think it was actually somewhere in the Smogon mechanics research- but I didn't bookmark it or anything, so I'm not 100% sure how I'll re-find it)

So first impressions thus far: Sablenite Blissey really is much harder to punish Physically (And of course is Taunt-immune etc if you don't have Mold Breaker), but the fact that Special attackers are better equipped to push through it seems to help a bit.

252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 208-247 (32.4 - 38.5%) -- 97.9% chance to 3HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Blissey: 205-242 (31.4 - 37.1%) -- 77.8% chance to 3HKO

Notice that it's only barely tougher than Eviolite Chansey, albeit without having to fear Knock Off etc, and meanwhile many Special attackers will have heavily boosted Special Attack and/or using effectively improved moves. (Such as Blastoinite Lucario, which provides more Special Attack than Lucarionite and Mega Launcher provides more of a boost to Aura Sphere than Adaptability does)

But Sablenite Blissey really is a lot harder to kill Physically. Note that it can get Counter!

Medichamite Mawile is really awesome, though held back by its poor Speed, even with +20. 70 is still meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)